Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to ask this in the SQSA megathread, please.

But I don't know what to tell you about this. Unfortunately, I think you're screwed with this Platinum. Sorry.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I don't think there's much you can do. When Pokemon Platinum was first released a bunch of copies of the game were made shoddily for whatever reason and most of them broke within a year. It's possible that your copy is one of these, in which case... there's not a huge amount you can do. I'm sorry :(

If it's not one of these copies then try blowing into the bit on your DS where you put the cartridge in. Something more recent I've found is if you sort of push the cartridge away from you with your finger as you start it up sometimes it has better luck reading the cartridge's save files, and then you can take your finger off. All of these possible solutions are worth a try.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is white 2 usable for rng'ing? xD Smogon only listed Black/White so I'm just checking..
You can't RNG bred Pokemon (based on the weird mechanics), but everything else is abusable (it's very similar to Black/White). Note that there is a lot more Timer0 trolling, but it's manageable.

edit: The majority of the methods are exactly the same (i.e. how you hit/search for seeds, how to advance the frames, etc), so the B/W guides still apply.

Ok, i made a thread about this earlier, was redirected here, so here i go.

So i was watching some battle son twitch and i saw a user who had a leftovers on his arcanine, but it healed him 4 times instead of 1. I got a video linked, but my japanese is quite rusty, and it doesn;t really explain how the user does it, or how it is triggered, but if this is a thing, then i want to know how it works.

Link in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkLLvqFwtA&app=desktop

I hope anyone could clear this up (ninetails get a heal multiple times in the video)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

So i was watching some battle son twitch and i saw a user who had a leftovers on his arcanine, but it healed him 4 times instead of 1. I got a video linked, but my japanese is quite rusty, and it doesn;t really explain how the user does it, or how it is triggered, but if this is a thing, then i want to know how it works.

I hope anyone could clear this up (ninetails get a heal multiple times in the video)
There's no way to do that authentically. The guy cheated, basically.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

There's no way to do that authentically. The guy cheated, basically.
Calm down Celever.... There may be some mechanics which interact very oddly. And have yet to be discovered.

I asked about this on the #Showdown chat and got the turn by turn translated:

Note: nekodamashi is Fake Out
Code:
15:22 victini 1. Florges used protect
15:22 victini 2. Meinfoo used nekodamashi
15:22 DHR which is what
15:23 DHR fake out?
15:23 victini idk, I don't know how Japanese move names map to English ones
15:23 victini search bulbapedia or something
15:23 DHR im looking
15:24 DHR Its the name of a Sumo clap, so I assume it's fakeout
15:24 victini 3. Vulpix's dasshutsu button made it return
15:25 victini 4. Florges' symbiosis activates
15:26 victini and gives leftovers to Vulpix
15:26 victini uh
15:26 victini I meant ninetales
15:26 victini because I'm stupid
15:27 victini 5. Sent out hitmontop and intimidates foes
15:28 victini Garchomp used Sleep talk
15:28 victini but failed
15:28 victini 7. Opponent withdrew hitmontop
15:29 victini and sent out ninetales
15:29 victini 8. Florges used protect
15:29 victini but failed
15:30 victini 9. Meinshao used nekodamashi again
15:30 victini and failed
15:30 victini 10. Garchomp used sleep talk and failed
15:31 victini 11. Ninetales healed with leftovers
15:31 victini 12. Ninetales healed with leftovers
15:31 victini 13. Ninetales healed with leftovers
15:32 DHR Why did leftovers proc three times then
15:32 victini 14. Ninetales healed with leftovers
15:32 DHR four even
15:32 victini idk
15:32 victini The title is "Pokemon's multiple items bug"
15:33 DHR This is interesting, thankyou for the translation
victini goes by the name Kota on Showdown

It is likely some sort of mechanics bug/interaction between Eject Button, Leftovers, Florges and Sybiosis. I'll talk to one of the big mechanics guys about it later.

I saw the user also using a florges in the twitch stream, so there is definitely some shenanigans going on over there with that pokemon. This could be pretty huge if exploited correctly.

Also Quagsire gets Symbiosis, opponent used it against me in the battle maison.
text went of too quickly to see exactly what skill it was, but i saw an item getting carried over after it was being used. This is not known publicly if i am not mistaken, so i thought i'd share the info

Quick question, i wanted to ask, but i never did lol

If an impostor ditto transforms in another pokemon, do items like metal/quick powder still work?

I would guess not, but the name still says ditto, so who knows xD

here are some suggestions:

double club marowak, that 4x attack boost
double assaultvest gooey goodra
double lifeorb sheerforce nidoking
double eviolite clefairy/chansey (healing tank much?)
double eviolite dusclops, painsplit hell with curse
double choice spec sylveon (hypervoice with pixelate ohko's aegislash, or at least close to it)
Double brightpowder, a minimize right of the bat, great with togekiss, or any follow me pokemon

Just some food for thought.

Quick question, i wanted to ask, but i never did lol

If an impostor ditto transforms in another pokemon, do items like metal/quick powder still work?

I would guess not, but the name still says ditto, so who knows xD
No; I've tested it out before. I guess they existed purely as a badly thought-out means to help Ditto get off the transform before it got Imposter :P

Last edited:
I have a question about the Battle Maison in AS. I had reached my 20th battle in super singles with a
Gardevoir, 252spatk, 252spd, 4hp
Timid nature
Drapion, 252atk, 252spd, 4hp
Jolly nature
Volcarona 252spatk, 252spd, 4hp
Modest nature.

I got swept by a torterra outspeeding all of these. Every single one of these pokes has a much higher base speed, all have max speed evs(gardevoir even has 6ivs) and two have natures benefitting speed. How is that possible? He didn't even have an item on him stating it was allowing him to move first, and even then, it would've had to activate 6 times in a row! Does anyone know, or does the game really cheat?

I have a question about the Battle Maison in AS. I had reached my 20th battle in super singles with a
Timid nature
Jolly nature
Modest nature.

I got swept by a torterra outspeeding all of these. Every single one of these pokes has a much higher base speed, all have max speed evs(gardevoir even has 6ivs) and two have natures benefitting speed. How is that possible? He didn't even have an item on him stating it was allowing him to move first, and even then, it would've had to activate 6 times in a row! Does anyone know, or does the game really cheat?
According to some calculations of mine, a +speed nature choice scarf torterra hits a speed of 178. Meanwhile, your Volcarona has a speed of 152, your Drapion has a speed of 161, and your Gardevoir has a speed of 167 (I'm assuming mega-gardevoir).

You probably encountered Torterra2, which has a Jolly nature, a Choice Scarf, max EVs in Attack and Speed, and the moves Rock Slide, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, and Tickle.

Also, choice scarf tickle new meta.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Timid nature
Jolly nature
Modest nature.

Yeah, as stated above you ran into Torterra2 which runs a Choice Scarf and therefore outspeeds your entire team and sweeps with its STAB Earthquake. This is by no means the game "cheating" and more a lack of knowledge of the Maison in general. If you haven't checked it out already, we have a (very popular) thread dedicated to Maison streaks with many useful resources such as the Maison Pokemon Movesets and the Maison Pokemon Speed Tiers. If you had these on-hand you would have known that that Torterra was able to sweep you, however looking at your team, I actually don't know how you would have beaten it. There doesn't seem to be any type synergy between your three Pokemon, considering that Drapion's only weakness is Ground I would have thought it obvious to pair it with a Flying-type / Levitator... I recommend checking out the Maison thread and either getting some inspiration from some of the top teams or ask there for help with yours.

As for the Maison Pokemon data, it's important to remember that the sets you'll encounter are:
  • Battles 1-10: set 1 Pokemon
  • Battles 11-20: set 1 + 2 Pokemon
  • Battles 21-30: set 2 + 3 Pokemon
  • Battles 31-40: set 3 + 4 Pokemon
  • Battles 40+: set 4 Pokemon (unless against a Veteran, they can have sets 1-4)
This helps cross-referencing the setlist much easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)