Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a number of random leagues on nfl and the interface is pretty scrappy. Lots of features are damn near impossible to find and player movement is a hassle. Yahoo outperforms it. No comment on any other engine.
This
Currently a commish on NFL and it's a pain to find basic features
I struggled to find waiver claims the other day in their new interface
Imo CBS > Yahoo > NFL > ESPN
Only nice thing about NFL is people who do their research get rewarded with ez draft picks (which is me)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've tentatively set the league B draft time for 9:30pm Saturday the 5th of September. Let me know if that doesn't work for you, I'll try and accomodate as many people as possible.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've tentatively set the league B draft time for 9:30pm Saturday the 5th of September. Let me know if that doesn't work for you, I'll try and accomodate as many people as possible.
Ehh its a bit late for GMT. I'll probably be smashed and do it anyway, but 2:30am is a shit time for me.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ehh its a bit late for GMT. I'll probably be smashed and do it anyway, but 2:30am is a shit time for me.
Oh right, I forgot we had a Brit in League B. I was only taking the americans and myself (the Australian) into account. I can probably move it a few hours earlier - it means I'll be probably running off minimal sleep but it's probably easier than you doing it at 2:30 lol. I'd rather not do anything more than 3 hours earlier at max, and preferably 2 though. I usually work on a Saturday night, so getting up any earlier than 8:30am is pretty brutal on me.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thats why u never draft until preseason is over
I had no choice in the matter.

It's a real shame too, I loved my team until then. It's a 8 man league with 2 rb / 2 wr / 1 wr/rb / 1 wr/te/ 1 qb / 1 superflex so basically a 2 qb league with return yards and my team was looking like this:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Jordy Nelson
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Alfred Morris
WR/TE: Keenan Allen
WR/RB: T.J. Yeldon
Superflex: Tony Romo
Bench: Edelman, Bernard, Tannehill, Maclin, Foster, C. Johnson
K: Crosby
DEF: Baltimore

I was looking at a fantastic year especially if Foster comes back strong late in the year. Now I'm forced to use Edelman and his return yards to try and make up for the loss of Jordy.

Sidenote: Holy fuck is Landry valuable with return yards, gets top end RB projections

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Oh right, I forgot we had a Brit in League B. I was only taking the americans and myself (the Australian) into account. I can probably move it a few hours earlier - it means I'll be probably running off minimal sleep but it's probably easier than you doing it at 2:30 lol. I'd rather not do anything more than 3 hours earlier at max, and preferably 2 though. I usually work on a Saturday night, so getting up any earlier than 8:30am is pretty brutal on me.
To be fair i'm pretty sure i'm going out that night so i'm gonna try and stay awake. Drunk drafting should be fun ha.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Was League A draft time not on Sunday before? If it's been moved to Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to miss it because of having to work and I'm gonna be pissed about that (...both of those things). When the fuck was it moved to Saturday?

Edito Bandito: If I do have to work I'll be home around like 11:30pm, so if we can have it latenight at like 11pm or whatever I suppose that'll be okay too. Or maybe I won't have to work but I don't know that yet...

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't move it any later that night because I have a 6 week old infant that necessitates me going to bed early. More than one player told me they couldn't do Sunday at all so I tried to select the day with the least number of conflicts. Hopefully you can still make it and don't have to work.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Ultimately, I suppose I'll deal with it if me missing means multiple others can make it but it still pisses me off that I thought I was making it for the past three weeks, only for the draft time to magically change sometime within the past three days to a time I may not. Unannounced.

as if you won't be up taking care of baby later anyway, unless you somehow convinced mommy that's solely her job

still looking for someone to join league D, we need one more player.... if anyone is interested in joining, PM me

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't move it any later that night because I have a 6 week old infant that necessitates me going to bed early. More than one player told me they couldn't do Sunday at all so I tried to select the day with the least number of conflicts. Hopefully you can still make it and don't have to work.
You think they care about your kid, man?

Ball is life.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Save League D D:

Disregard all my prior bitching as instead I need to bitch about working both Saturday and Sunday. (Got moved to a new department this week and I didn't know that was a thing. Fun!) So unless we do move the draft to 11pm (or super early like noon-ish which probably works poorly for more people) I'm just gonna miss the entire thing no matter what fucking day it is, looks like. If it's latenight then I'll only miss the first round or two, otherwise I guess I'm just fucked.

I'll join league D if you still need a 12th or 10th or whatever

already in league C though so if any newcomer prefers it that's fine too :^)

Stallion

Tree Young
Thank god my auto draft picked well for the first 6 rounds of league A, actually quite happy with my team. I've come to terms with it picking Olsen > Kelce, I didn't realize how heavily he'd been featured in the Panthers passing attack in preseason.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord

mfw I miss the draft because WaterGoodell is too worried about being tired on a Sunday morning to push it back two hours

other than not setting my pre-draft rankings far enough down to avoid taking DEF and K early when I never take them anywhere but last, team's not bad though... ESPN does have better pre-draft tools, can set min/max for positions and position by round. seriously though yahoo why do I have two kickers, and how do both me and Texas simultaneously have the best WR corps

Nice work, Yahoo! EVERYONE GETS A B! oprahbees.gif

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.

so uhh i did my first fantasy football ever, in a 10 man family/friends league. did i make out ok?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I and combee still wonder how the hell you ended up with Bell + Megatron (especially as 3rd pick) and you don't need three QBs. Legit though. Ivory good RB3, Allen/Johnson should be good WR depth.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
so uhh i did my first fantasy football ever, in a 10 man family/friends league. did i make out ok?
yeah you don't really need the 2 defenses and 3 qb's see if somebody will trade you for the 1 or 2 of the qb's and get some depth at wr/rb especially with bell missing a few games cause mlg dank weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)