ORAS UU Camels are kind of dumb

So I don't know about all of you, but I think camels are pretty dumb looking animals.
I mean like really. They just look stupid. Maybe that's just me.

Anyways, this is a team that I've been using for a little while now, and it's done a lot of work for me. I went from losing most games to winning like 8 in a row. I've played a good 15 games with it now, and while I don't think it's perfect, it's been super fun to use. I was hoping to get some feedback on it, and maybe improve it if possible!

The Team:

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

The rock setter and general fire switch-in for the team. I like this pokemon, even if he looks vaguely like a really dumb slug. He does his job incredibly effectively and forces so many switches, making rocks a must-have on him in my opinion.
The only really interesting things on this set are the EV's and toxic. The EV's are set so he still hits as hard as possible, while never being 2hko'd by Entei or Darmanitan, barring a random earthquake. Both of those pokemon otherwise poop all over my team, so having something for them is nice. In addition, because I'm running trick room reuniclus, I chose to run this guy with zero speed to potentially benefit from it if the fetus goes down.
I'm running toxic because Camerupt lures in a lot of huge walls like snorlax, suicune, swampert, and umbreon, which otherwise I have a bit of trouble breaking. Toxic can wear down umbreon or force a heal bell, giving me a free turn, and it can force curselax and crocune to rest earlier, giving me an opportunity to potentially whirlwind them out or set up on lax with Lucario.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Standard scarf hera. I like guts because scald sucks. This guy works amazingly well as a revenge killer, and can switch in pretty well to things like suicune or milotic. Works incredibly well in conjunction with reuniclus, with hercross cleaning up everything that reuniclus is revenge killed by.
Perhaps most importantly though, this guy beats mamoswine, which I otherwise have no switch in for.

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog

It's a wall, it learns defog, it deals chip damage, I should probably give it foul play. Whirlwind is super cool, and allows me to beat things like ddmance, crocune, CM reuni, and gatr. It's also my main krooko switch in.
This is probably the pokemon I'd be most willing to replace, but even then I really like it. It gives me insurance against a lot of sweepers, and while it loses me a lot of momentum every time it comes in, it's my main way of beating hazard stacking teams.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

The cleric. This guy is super important for camerupt and reuniclus, as they have no way of healing themselves at all. I run heal bell because I have a lot of big walls, and everything on my team barring 'rupt and the fetus really doesnt like being burned.
Foul play allows me to beat salamence and mamo 1v1, as well as 2hko entei while only being 2hko'd by flare blitz. Gotta hope for no SF burns though.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

I love this pokemon. I incorporate this thing onto every team I can, and it never fails me.
Reuniclus is my main cleaner, and he does an amazing job of it. There's very little that isn't 2hko'd by him, and he can absolutely plow through weakened teams with just a turn of setup. Maybe a CM defensive version would be better overall, but I like this version. It allows me to beat quagsire and swampert, and can get good damage on suicune, and it cleans up a lot of the threats that camerupt and heracross don't like.
The only pokemon that really hard walls this set is doublade, but doublade cannot deal with 'rupt, so it's not a huge issue.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

My second sweeper, and my insurance policy against fast scary mons like beedrill and sharpedo. This guy is great. He takes knock offs, he revenge kills with Espeed, and he can set up on so many pokemon. I love it. I've considered running him with a sash to allow for easier lategame sweeping, but I like the immediate power LO provides against walls like lax and umbreon. This thing isn't as reliable as Reuni in my opinion, as it loses to maero and most really bulky walls (and chip damge), but I was sorely in need of priority and a strong secondary win condition, and this guy fit the bill. Maybe I should consider SD gator.

Playstyle:

So the team is a little odd, in that it's definitely very bulky but it's pretty common that you have to make very offensive plays with it if you don't want to let the opponent gain too much momentum against you. Most of the pokemon on the team are very easy to switch in to, so passive damage in the form of rocks is super important to weaken the opponents walls.
The other thing to note is that the team really doesnt have any wall or stall breakers of any kind. This means that quite often you have to let a mon go down just to get lucario in safely against an opposing mon that it can set up on or force out so you don't have to deal with it til later. The team generally works best by forcing out the mons it cant really deal with and letting the opposing team slowly get worn down.
With that said though, there are very few things that this team can't deal with if you play creatively. Strong fire types are an issue, as is bulky mance, but with a little bit of prior damage both can potentially be dealt with. Mance without speed loses to lucario's ice punch (and mance with speed loses to heracross with stone edge), and fire types generally lose to camerupt.
The one thing this team really can't deal with is dragalge. Every time it comes in, something is going to go down, so pick your sack. If it loses too much SpA though, luc or reuni can set up on it, so you can easily bait your opponent into letting you sweep by sacking a mon or two to it.

So that's the team. I'll see what I can do about getting some replays of it in action. I have a bad habit of not saving my replays, and I need to break myself out of it.

Any comments/questions/criticisms would be very much appreciated!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a lovely day!

Hey Yettison!

I haven't seen a Mega Camel in UU before so this team seems pretty cool. Besides the lack of a fire switchins you also lack fighting switchins. You have Mandibuzz, but it can get worn down relatively easy since it also serves as you hazard removal. I also noticed that fairy types can be annoying not only defensively but offensively. The only mon that handles them is Mega Camel but it is also the only mon that you have for fire types as well. You also don't really have answers to dragons like you mentioned with Dragalge.

I think some of these issues can be fixed by changing Umbreon to Florges. This will give you a secure fighting check and threat as well as providing your team with the same kind of support that Umbreon was giving it. With this change you can now give Mandibuzz Foul Play over Brave Bird so that you still have a way to deal with those physical threats.

The next thing I would like to suggest is Roar CM Suicune over TR Reuniclus. I know you said you love this thing, but Suicune is a much more solid mon in my opinion. Reuniclus does give you a nice late game sweeper, but you also have to get rid of many threats before hand and Focus Blast, as we all know, is never reliable. Roar CM Suicun can literally take a game you are losing and turn it into a win. Not too mention it checks fire types, Mega Bee (which also can be annoying to the current team and Florges), Mega Aero, Mega Swampert and the like. With Roar as well you can stop other set up mons like CM reuni, cress and cunes as well as curselax from setting up. Having Roar on this can open up a move slot on Mandibuzz as well and it could run Taunt/Toxic over Whirlwind. I think Taunt would work better to stop things like Cune and Lax ahead of time.

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

I moved some EV's around so that you can (1) outspeed Suicune and taunt it and (2) have an HP number that is odd since you Helmet over Lefties so, you aren't recovering each turn. This maximizes your rocks switchins

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 30 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Fairly standard Florges set, and it gives you mixed defenses to handle a bit more. Most is in defense since Florges has pretty bad defense, but it evens out pretty well with this set.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Like I said, I believe this will help you out in the long run. I think it fits the team well and I would really recommend this mon be on your team.

I hope I could be some help and that even if I wasn't you find what your looking for with this team! :] (camels do look stupid)

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Adding on Dread Plate rate, it should be noted that the Speed EVs on Mandibuzz are a need in order to outspeed Suicune and Taunt so it won't Roar / keep CMing. Even if you prefer keeping Whirlwind, the Speed EVs allow you to Whirlwind before Suicune can Roar you :o
Voicing all Dread Plate suggestions, if you take out Umbreon and give Foul Play to Mandibuzz, it will still be able to pressure out physical attackers just like Umbreon could. Camels are veery stupid.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, Yettison!

At first glance, this team definitely has a lot of potential, and I can help you tweak some things here, since I'm thinking that you plan to make this team as synergistic as possible type-wise.
  • First of all, I will focus on Umbreon, because, alongside Mandibuzz, it gives you a very redundant typing. This way, with Heracross at your disposal, your team has a massive weakness to Fairy attacks, where only Mega Camerupt would switch in. In this instance, I would suggest running Vaporeon over Umbreon here, because it can help lessen your massive Fairy weakness, can aid resistance to Fire spam as well, can do a very similar role with Umbreon as a cleric, and finally, can synergize with Mega Camerupt very well.
  • Next up, Mandibuzz. I find it quite redundant if you have both Mandibuzz and (updated) Vaporeon as being physically defensive, and Mandibuzz can take Special Attacks, like Draco Meteor from Hydreigon and Salamence, much better. I am going to suggest to you an EV spread of 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe coupled with a Calm (or Careful) nature because 224 HP EV's will grant you a Leftovers number, 216 Special Defense EV's with a positive nature gives you the highest jump point**, and the remaining EV's in Speed ensure Mandibuzz going first before any other Pokemon in that range, such as Suicune and Cresselia. Finally, to avoid set-up opportunities from the opponent, Taunt over Whirlwind is the most optimal choice, and either Foul Play or Knock Off is a good choice for that Pokemon: these moves are very dependent on the nature.
  • Finally, a very minor change in Reuniclus and Mega Camerupt. Your Reuniclus should reduce its Attack IV's to 0 as well to minimize Foul Play damage, while your Mega Camerupt is free to use the 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA with a Quiet nature to get all the power it needs (since Vaporeon can help against Fire spam).
Notes:

1. This Vaporeon set grants you mixed bulk and preventing the Porygon family to raise their Special Attack thanks to Download if you prefer this Pokemon to have a Leftovers number; otherwise, you can have 248 HP and 8 SpD to get all the physical bulk.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

2. **Notably, with a positive nature, there are certain points when a Pokemon grants a two-point stat increase instead of one. This is called a jump point.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature

- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Otherwise, this is a pretty great team. Hope I helped, and wishing you the best of luck with this team. Cheers!

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Yettison, nice team you have here. I love seeing Mega Camerupt used effectively, as it's a very underrated threat that can really punch holes into unprepared teams. Anyways, I like a lot of what you've done and what the other raters have suggested, but I'd like to add on a few more things that will hopefully tie everything together:
  • I agree with Dread Plate's suggestions to change Umbreon -> Florges and Reuniclus -> Suicune. Your team in its current state gets torn apart by a well played Heracross, so a reliable switch-in to it is a crucial addition to the team. I would go with the standard cleric moveset for Florges with an EV spread of 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe with a Bold Nature. Bold is needed on Florges for it to more reliably switch into Heracross (Adamant Banded Stone Edge can 2HKO Calm spreads), and even without Calm you can still wall the likes of Mega Blastoise and Hydreigon. Suicune gives you a much more reliable fire spam switch-in (Mega Camerupt is 2HKO'd by Entei's Flare Blitz after rocks) and provides you with another win condition. I'd go with the CM Roar set suggested above with an EV spread of 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe with a Bold Nature. RoarCune needs some speed creep to outspeed opposing RoarCune so your Roar goes first, allowing you to win the CM war over the course of a match.
  • In regards to Mandibuzz, I think the set Euphonos suggested is your best bet. With the newly established defensive core, your team puts considerably less pressure on Mandibuzz to check physical attackers, so I believe a more SpDef heavy spread is beneficial as it lets you check threats like Offensive Roserade and allows you to Defog on a larger portion of the tier.
  • Last suggestion I'd make is changing your Camerupt spread a bit. I don't think defensive is necessary anymore, as your original reason for having that spread was to check fire types. I think a more offensive EV spread of 148 HP / 224 Spa / 136 Spe with a Modest Nature would fit your team better. While it may seem odd to run so many speed EVs on a slow pokemon, I believe it's worthwhile in the long run. 136 Spe allows you to outspeed everything up to and including Doublade. Essentially, you can KO Mega Abomasnow and Doublade before they hit you and 2HKO Reuniclus and Slowking before they CM / Scald, respectively. The Spa EVs allow you to 2HKO standard Florges after rocks 100% of the time, with the remaining EVs put into HP to increase overall bulk.
With those changes in mind, I believe you have a pretty solid Mega Camerupt team that covers most bases effectively. I hope you try out the suggestions made in this thread! Good luck with everything.

Hey everybody,
thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm in the process of going through and trying them out, and I'll get back to you soon.
I just started college, so my time is limited at the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again, this is all super helpful!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so going to try a new format for rating since it probably looks a lot cleaner than anything I've done before. Anyhow, onto the rate itself:

Team Issues
  • First thing I noticed, like many of the others above me, is that the team has limited Fire-, Fighting- and Fairy-type deterrents.
  • The team also seems pretty weak to strong Dragon-types that are specially offensive, as both Umbreon and Mandibuzz are physically defensive.
  • While you mentioned you have Heracross for Mamoswine, even with it you still lack any type of solid switch-in, with Umbreon being your best bet (it still loses to Mamoswine if it switches in anyhow).
  • I feel like Heracross and Lucario on the same team is pretty redundant, personal thing since I never liked having dual Fighting-type cores, if it was a single Fighting-type core or 3-pronged Fighting-spam I wouldn't mind as much tbh.
  • If we don't replace Lucario, do note that Ice Punch isn't too useful on it, as it only really hits Gligar and Salamence (harder than other coverage moves), both of which the team can deal with.
  • Lucario weakness; due to the dual Dark walls, this finds easy setup opportunities and your best way of preventing it from sweeping is forcing a Speed tie with your own Lucario.
  • Cresselia weakness; Calm Mind variants can setup on quite a bit, especially since there's no Taunt on Mandibuzz and Heracross is a Choice Scarf variant so it isn't going to completely nuke Cresselia with Megahorn, just doing over half. Mandibuzz's Whirlwind is your best thing against it but it's not specially defensive so it isn't going to like taking too many boosted Moonblasts, especially after Stealth Rock damage and the lack of Leftovers, not to mention the lack of Special Defense investment.
  • Suicune weakness; Heracross isn't Choice Band and Reuniclus is, for the most part, not going to be able to do anything to Suicune with a Calm Mind under its belt. Mandibuzz not having Taunt also means rip since it'll be able to Roar Mandibuzz before Mandibuzz is able to Whirlwind it out.
  • Flying-type resists, there are none. This could be an issue should you come up against Moltres or Tornadus or even a Sky Plate Crobat.
  • These are a few of the weaknesses I noticed, although there could very well be more.
Changes To Improve Team
  • First thing's first, ensuring the Pokemon the team was built around is as efficient as possible. To do this, I suggest having Will-O-Wisp over Toxic on Camerupt. I have a couple reasons for this. The majority of the Pokemon you listed as to why to have Toxic is basically already worn down by switching into Mega Camerupt's powerful Earth Powers and Fire Blasts anyway. Will-O-Wisp forces Umbreon and Snorlax to Heal Bell and Rest, respectively, just as quickly, as Umbreon's Foul Play and Snorlax's Body Slam will be halved in damage, so they'd probably rest asap. Regarding Suicune and Swampert, they're going to be quite hurt by Earth Power anyways, and Swampert doesn't have any reliable recovery.
  • I'm going to definitely ensure the load is lessened on Camerupt for a Fire resistance in a bit so I'd definitely change the EV spread to 148 HP / 224 Spa / 136 Spe; you can refer to Vapo for reasoning.
  • Now, I thought of quite a few ways to ensure this team isn't as weak to some of the above threats, and while I feel the Florg/Cune core suggested by Dread Plate might be the most effective way of doing this, I've gotten bored of suggesting that core to a majority of the teams I rate so I'm going to try and retain at least a part of the original defensive core. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is by having Tentacruel over Mandibuzz, as this allows you to retain the entry hazard removal while giving you resistances to Fire-, Fighting- and Fairy-types. It also allows you to mitigate the problem against either Cresselia or Suicune depending on the moveset.
  • Next, I recommend having Thunder Wave Calm Mind Reuniclus over current set, as it allows you to still support Camerupt while removing pressure off of Tentacruel and retaining a good win condition. It also allows you to stall out Sacred Fires from Entei and scout what moves that thing tries to use against you with Recover and its overall bulk (should it come in on Reuniclus and Reuniclus is healthy, that is). Calm Mind Reuniclus also beats Calm Mind Cresselia most of the time if I'm not mistaken.
  • Next is a bit of a weird change but I'm going to recommend having Heliolisk over Heracross. While the Choice Scarf set is considered a meme set by quite a few, I believe it suits this teams need for a Choice Scarf user that could switch into Scalds, provide a Flying resist (somewhat), is still a good revenge killer, outspeeds most other Choice Scarf users, beats Suicune and also retains Heracross's original ability in revenge killing a few threats to the team, most notably Hydreigon.
  • Lastly, I recommend having Crunch over Ice Punch on Lucario, as this allows the team to not be as weak to Cresselia and Reuniclus, especially after removing Heracross.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray / Toxic

Acid Spray is chosen firstly here as it allows you to have more insurance against bulky setup sweepers like Suicune, Cresselia, Snorlax, and Reuniclus but Toxic is an option for putting immediate timers on Mega Swampert, Cresselia and Mandibuzz among others. You could use Sludge Wave, however, if Slurpuff becomes an issue.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

This set really helps provide Speed control for Camerupt, but it also helps Lucario snag some KOes too against the likes of paralyzed Scarf Hydreigon and such. It also prevents Slurpuff from freely setting up against Reuniclus.

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I actually disagree with pretty much all of the changes suggested by Kreme and there is a reason for this, especially when you look at them all together. When you take a non focus blast reuni, take out your only krook switch in while replacing it with a ground weakness, and replace your other krook "check" with another ground weakness, you are just asking for trouble. What I would recommend instead would be Qwilfish over Umbreon. This change, like many others, comes with some positives and negatives. The obvious downsides are losing your wish passer, main special sponge, and heal beller. However, Qwilfish provides a lot of utility of its own, particularly for TR Reuniclus. Spikes are crazy useful for TR Reuniclus who is trying to make sure it ohkos everything it can during the short duration of Trick Room. In addition, you add another fighting type answer and another fire type resist. Furthermore, you maintain your defog (if you don't want to switch to taunt Mandi). So yeah, I think Qwil > Umbreon could be a solid change and wish you the best :]

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes / Haze / Destiny Bond / Explosion / Pain Split / A bunch of other random shit

Speed Evs creep most suicune so you can taunt them while they try to rest. You also keep up spikes versus things like empoleon and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)