ORAS OU Semi hyper-offensive team

Hi! This is a team I recently made and have been playing around with for a while. It's definitely more offensively oriented, but hyper offense is something that I have not been having much success with, and decided on needing at least a few more bulky elements.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body -> Tough Claws
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

This is what I consider one of the more standard mega meta sets. Bullet Punch is decent priority, Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt for STAB and Ice Punch for coverage against things like Tankchomp, Lando-T, and having a guranteed 2HKO on all the Multiscale Dragonite out there. Bullet Punch is my best bet against Diancie/Mega Diancie. Forretress can also cover that spot, but ONLY IF THERE ARE NO ROCKS.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Forretress is quite possibly one of the if not the most important Pokemon on my team. It is my primary staller and spinner, with a STAB Gyro Ball backed by 0 Speed IVs for general damage or in case it gets Taunted by a Mega Gengar. It's my only spinner and having Rapid Spin is something I desperately need to clear the stage for Breloom. However, having 3 Pokemon weak to Fire isn't the best news if I see Heatran...

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Nature: Timid
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric
- Icy Wind

A more or less standard Specs Keldeo set. I dumped Scald for HP Electric because I noticed that my team did not have much of an answer to Gyarados. Keldeo is a reliable switch-in to DD Gyarados and Mega Gyarados and has reliable OHKOs on both with HP and Secret Sword, respectively. EVs are adjusted for maximum speed and ability to take at least a few hits, being able to take 2 EQs from a fresh DD (Mega) Gyarados. It is also my first of 2 Heatran counters.

Landorus-Therian Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Landorus is my usual lead and Stealth Rocker. EVs are adjusted for balanced bulk, and Adamant nature lets it hit decently hard despite having no Attack EVs. It's also my secondary Heatran counter, albeit only reliably on Specially Defensive variants. Toxic to complement it's offensive output and Stone Edge to rek Tflame and Crobats.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Power-up Punch

Breloom is what you could classify as a set-up sweeper. Focus Sash pretty much guarantees one Power-up Punch and if it can force a switch, that's 2! Breloom is my main check to bulky Water-types like Quagsire, Politoed and Crocunes, as well as being a decent Chansey check. Spore is just there for convenience and forcing the opponent to switch or risk letting Breloom set up Power-up Punches while their Pokemon is snoring away.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 52 Def / 52 SpD / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power Fire
- Signal Beam

Hoopa-U is my most offensive Pokemon on the team. Dark Pulse and Hyperspace Hole are both reliable STAB moves. Signal Beam does a good job of breaking other Hoopa-Us. EVs are adjusted so Hoopa can take at least one or two hits, and can outspeed a 252 Spe Timid Gengar with Scarf. HP Fire is a good counter to the numerous Scizors and Ferrothorns out there. Hoopa can actually do a pretty good job of sweeping late in the match when the opponent's Pokemon are weakened and/or slower than it.

Problems I've noticed:

Heatran
. As I mentioned, half my team is weak to fire (Meta, Forre, Breloom). If I lose Keldeo and/or Lando-T, the rest speaks for itself.

MEGA MANECTRIC! This team is VERY weak to Mega Manectric. Basically, I can either Toxic it with Forretress and hope for the best, or keep Lando alive and hope to god that HP Ice doesn't crit, and even then it's only a 50% OHKO chance. Half my team is weak to Overheat, and T-Bolt is a 70% chance OHKO on Keldeo. Add that to it's speed and likelihood to outspeed EVERYTHING and finish up the job with Volt Switch, and I am F*CKED.

Magnet Pull Magnezone (with HP Fire). If my opponent sends out one of those, it can easily rek Forretress and Metagross with HP Fire, and if Speced, can OHKO Breloom too.

Those are the most glaring problems I've noticed in the timespan I've used this team. Feel free to rate and give suggestions. Thanks! :)

Importable:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric]
- Icy Wind

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Power-Up Punch

EVs: 52 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyperspace Hole
- Dark Pulse
- Signal Beam

Hey SSOrigin212, i like the basis of your team but a lot of your sets are a bit off.

You should run Jolly > Adamant on M-Metagross to be able to speed tie with opposing base 110s as well as be able to outspeed stuff like Keldeo and base 100s. You should also run Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch or Ice Punch to be able to hit Steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran. I'd personally recommend keeping Ice Punch.

Since you're saying fast electrics are issue, a quick fix to that is to run Hippowdon > Landorus-Therian as your Stealth Rock user and physical wall, since this allows you to check all the same Pokemon Landorus-T does, but also be able to check electric types. With the addition of Hippowdon, i think you should run Excadrill > Forretress to benefit from sand and to provide extra pressure to physical walls alongside M-Metagross.

Scald is one of the main reasons to run Keldeo, since you still hit hard with it and can burn its checks like Latios, M-Venu, and TornT to make them be easier to wear down. So you should run Scald > Icy Wind on Keldeo since you have enough ways to handle Latis anyway. Your EVs in HP are also pretty unnecessary and extremely sitational, so you should just use max SpA to get the most out of your damage output.

Breloom fits in awkwardly in your team since it doesn't provide much utility to your build, and you have no switch-ins to water types like Rotom-W, Azumarill, or Keldeo, so i think you should run Celebi > Breloom. This provides a switch-in to all of the water types mentioned before, as well as a support mon that can pass Swords Dance boosts to your physical attackers to allow them to clean and break through teams easier.

Lastly, Hyperspace Hole is horrible since being able to hit through Protect isn't worth the drop in damage output that Psychic has, and Signal Beam is a worthless slot since you can go mixed and run Hyperspace Fury to hit opposing Hoopa, so i think you should change your Hoopa set to Psychic / Hyperspace Fury / Hidden Power Fire / Grass Knot to be able to provide the most team support while still being able to benefit from an SD Pass from Celebi. Grass Knot is for Hippowdon to allow Excadrill and M-Metagross to have an easier time, and it also can be used for revenging M-Gyarados that aren't max speed.

In short:

Jolly M-Metagross (Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch / Ice Punch) > Adamant M-Metagross
Hippowdon > Landorus-Therian
Excadrill > Forretress
Scald Keldeo > Icy Wind Keldeo
Swords Dance + Baton Pass Celebi > Focus Sash Breloom
Specially Biased Mixed Hoopa > Full Special Hoopa

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Hope i was able to help!

Hey SSOrigin212, i like the basis of your team but a lot of your sets are a bit off.

You should run Jolly > Adamant on M-Metagross to be able to speed tie with opposing base 110s as well as be able to outspeed stuff like Keldeo and base 100s. You should also run Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch or Ice Punch to be able to hit Steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran. I'd personally recommend keeping Ice Punch.

Since you're saying fast electrics are issue, a quick fix to that is to run Hippowdon > Landorus-Therian as your Stealth Rock user and physical wall, since this allows you to check all the same Pokemon Landorus-T does, but also be able to check electric types. With the addition of Hippowdon, i think you should run Excadrill > Forretress to benefit from sand and to provide extra pressure to physical walls alongside M-Metagross.

Scald is one of the main reasons to run Keldeo, since you still hit hard with it and can burn its checks like Latios, M-Venu, and TornT to make them be easier to wear down. So you should run Scald > Icy Wind on Keldeo since you have enough ways to handle Latis anyway. Your EVs in HP are also pretty unnecessary and extremely sitational, so you should just use max SpA to get the most out of your damage output.

Breloom fits in awkwardly in your team since it doesn't provide much utility to your build, and you have no switch-ins to water types like Rotom-W, Azumarill, or Keldeo, so i think you should run Celebi > Breloom. This provides a switch-in to all of the water types mentioned before, as well as a support mon that can pass Swords Dance boosts to your physical attackers to allow them to clean and break through teams easier.

Lastly, Hyperspace Hole is horrible since being able to hit through Protect isn't worth the drop in damage output that Psychic has, and Signal Beam is a worthless slot since you can go mixed and run Hyperspace Fury to hit opposing Hoopa, so i think you should change your Hoopa set to Psychic / Hyperspace Fury / Hidden Power Fire / Grass Knot to be able to provide the most team support while still being able to benefit from an SD Pass from Celebi. Grass Knot is for Hippowdon to allow Excadrill and M-Metagross to have an easier time, and it also can be used for revenging M-Gyarados that aren't max speed.

In short:

Jolly M-Metagross (Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch / Ice Punch) > Adamant M-Metagross
Hippowdon > Landorus-Therian
Excadrill > Forretress
Scald Keldeo > Icy Wind Keldeo
Swords Dance + Baton Pass Celebi > Focus Sash Breloom
Specially Biased Mixed Hoopa > Full Special Hoopa

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Hope i was able to help!
Thanks! I will definitely try out Hippowdon, Excadrill and Celebi, and I think M-Meta is gonna like that 50% sand SpD boost :) I'll drop Bpunch for hammer arm, try your Hoopa setup, put scald on Keldeo and see how it goes!

Thanks! I will definitely try out Hippowdon, Excadrill and Celebi, and I think M-Meta is gonna like that 50% sand SpD boost :) I'll drop Bpunch for hammer arm, try your Hoopa setup, put scald on Keldeo and see how it goes!
Hey SSOrigin212, just a little nitpick here. Only Rock-types get a SpD boost from sand. Steel, Rock and Ground, in addition, don't take damage.
In short, Mega Metagross is unaffected by the sandstorm.

Hey SSOrigin212, just a little nitpick here. Only Rock-types get a SpD boost from sand. Steel, Rock and Ground, in addition, don't take damage.
In short, Mega Metagross is unaffected by the sandstorm.
Ohhh k thanks for that! At least I won't make the mistake of switching it on on a TG manaphy now (not like I'd do that anyway) thanks again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)