Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Completely understandable!

I probably should have clarified a bit more that I think mine is slightly better because, personally, the 29IV would bug me (as it would some others too, I imagine). Not like I'm saying mine is leaps and bounds better than Drakero's at all, its just a personal thing. :)

On that note, if my conversation with Drakero about a week ago was any indication he was strongly looking at getting a PS or Cyber Gadget so he could use save-state abuse on his JPN game too.

I'm honestly surprised that you aren't going to backup your Shiny Arceus so you can get another one. Mind if I ask why you're so against it? Honestly curious!
I draw the line at save state abuse, I put it in the same category as injected wondercards: getting more different copies of something that you shouldn't be able to. It decreases the value. I feel the same way about those who do this while SRing for ingame legends as well.

I can understand backing up something while you're SRing so that you can keep replacing the best one that you have with something better, but I don't believe you should be able to glean multiple different copies of the same thing for trade.

When I get my flawless shiny Arceus, it will be the only one I keep, same as the other legends that I have. My goal isn't to build some massive trading empire, it's to collect things that I believe truly have value.

Still, all personal preference. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't mind save state abuse.

I draw the line at save state abuse, I put it in the same category as injected wondercards: getting more different copies of something that you shouldn't be able to. It decreases the value. I feel the same way about those who do this while SRing for ingame legends as well.

I can understand backing up something while you're SRing so that you can keep replacing the best one that you have with something better, but I don't believe you should be able to glean multiple different copies of the same thing for trade.

When I get my flawless shiny Arceus, it will be the only one I keep, same as the other legends that I have. My goal isn't to build some massive trading empire, it's to collect things that I believe truly have value.

Still, all personal preference. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't mind save state abuse.
Yeah, that's understandable. I understand your view point. :)

Though I personally wouldn't put it on the same level as injected wondercards; the events were still obtained legitimately after all, its not as if I hacked it into the game.

If that's your opinion I assume you don't have anything obtained from emulators? Because that's just as bad, IMO. I'm not against using an emulator to obtain something, or against trading with those who do (I honestly don't care), but I assume you can see where I'm coming from?

Also, my goal isn't to build some massive trading empire either, I just like collecting lots of different things to give people more options -- that's why I will some day reset for another Shiny Arceus, to give people more options in case they want an Adamant one, Jolly one, Modest one, whatever.

Finally, I do agree that it does decrease the value slightly, but if I had to choose between getting one Shiny Arceus and then backing up so I can soft-reset it multiple times, or buying dozens of Arceus codes and spending possibly hundreds of dollars just to get a second one? I'd easily go with the former option, just as I have. :D

If I listed a number of pokes, could someone chime in on preferable natures for each for battle spot or battle maison doubles? ^^; Im just not sure if I can go by recommended singles natures (or can I?)

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If I listed a number of pokes, could someone chime in on preferable natures for each for battle spot or battle maison doubles? ^^; Im just not sure if I can go by recommended singles natures (or can I?)
There are "doubles" and "VGC" tabs on the analysis as well for most Pokemon.

You can check Pokemon stats on the Pokemon Global Link for most commonly used natures. Just search for the Pokemon you want and you can see the their commonly run moves, items, and abilities as well. There's also a Battle Spot competitive Pokedex under way, some are already up on the Smogon dex under Battle Spot Singles, and there are always more in the works in the 6th Gen contributions forum here. For Battle Maison use, you should check out the teams that have used that Pokemon at the Maison thread.

Until when the Australian Shiny Rayquaza codes are redeemable?I just got 2 Ray serial code from Reddit, I used 1 for myself, I'd like to know the deadline for the second.

What Poke Balls best visually match Malamar? Normally I'd have no difficulty with this, but... because of XY's palette, in-game models are kind of washed out for some Pokemon (see: Starmie's pale purple and Parasect's weird mushroom) and Malamar is, for all intents and purposes, a kind of light grey. (which is what I want to match.)

Not really sure what to do with that.
e: doesn't matter, I don't have a dark friend safari with Inkay in it anyway lol

I'm also kiiiiiiiind of looking for someone to clone a single copy of a Landorus (Jolly, 31/31/31/x/30/31) which someone has asked me for. Bad timing, since I had a great opportunity to do it yesterday, but w/e :| Weekends work best since I'm working late on weekdays. Next Saturday would be ideal :o

Last edited:
What Poke Balls best visually match Malamar? Normally I'd have no difficulty with this, but... because of XY's palette, in-game models are kind of washed out for some Pokemon (see: Starmie's pale purple and Parasect's weird mushroom) and Malamar is, for all intents and purposes, a kind of light grey. (which is what I want to match.)

Not really sure what to do with that.

I'm also kiiiiiiiind of looking for someone to clone a single copy of a Landorus (Jolly, 31/31/31/x/30/31) which someone has asked me for. Bad timing, since I had a great opportunity to do it yesterday, but w/e :| Weekends work best since I'm working late on weekdays. Next Saturday would be ideal :o
Premier Ball is probably the best match. Yeah, it's more silvery white than light grey, but until Heavy Ball Malamar is legal (if it ever does) it'll have to do. Or go for Luxury Ball because of the yellow spots on its belly and Luxury apparently matches almost everything.

Been soft resetting for 3 days on an event Hoopa. Just got this spread (Modest) : 29 / 5 / 31 / 28, 30 / 31 / 31

Keep or reset?

Timid
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

so while breeding i got a couple of these but with Torrent ability, does anyone / any set use the torrent ability or are they just as useful as the rest of the spitbacks i got??
(on the subject see my thread in signature if u want any protean ..or torrent!...spitbacks)

Timid
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

so while breeding i got a couple of these but with Torrent ability, does anyone / any set use the torrent ability or are they just as useful as the rest of the spitbacks i got??
(on the subject see my thread in signature if u want any protean ..or torrent!...spitbacks)
Nah, the only reason to use the froakie line is for protean, gives stab on any attack... So unfortunately, competitively speaking, protean is the only way to go :/

EDIT: ......and Greninja'd.... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)