Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Hey man the app has been great since the addition of challenges but I'd like to ask if it isn't too much to allow for screen rotation because having a fixed screen has been annoying at times. Even so thanks for the amazing work you two have put into this :]
Screen rotation is hard. I can't tell you when we're gonna do it, sorry :(

Update is up

EDIT : reverting the update, seems like a bug is still occuring on 1.2.1.

Will have a new update by today or tommorow morning
Layell next udpate will have a one time warning window that we arent endorsed by eitehr PS or smogon and people should report their stuff here

Last edited:
We jsut released version 1.2.2.

Some teambuilder fixes (mons should be sorted by tiers for now, still some work to do)
A one time only (unless you clear cache) warning dialog has been added for peopel to know that we are the guys running the app.
A dialog window enables you guys to advertise for us (it sends a small message to your opponentsat the start of each battle saying that you are playing on the app). This setting is changeable in the settings.

version 1.2.2.
Hello! I've just updated the app and I can no longer switch my pokémon during battle. Volt switch/u-turn work just fine, as does brining in a new pokémon when there is an empty slot. Also, I am unable to switch my last pokémon in the event that I only have one left.
In both cases, I select the pokémon and the switch icon in the top left of that pokémon's dialogue box, the popup closes but it does not register my choice. When attempting to switch pokémon, I am unable to continue the turn by selecting my next attack. I am only able to avoid this by selecting an attack, rather than a switch.

Please let me know if you need more detail, or if I can help in anyway! c:

Hello! I've just updated the app and I can no longer switch my pokémon during battle. Volt switch/u-turn work just fine, as does brining in a new pokémon when there is an empty slot. Also, I am unable to switch my last pokémon in the event that I only have one left.
In both cases, I select the pokémon and the switch icon in the top left of that pokémon's dialogue box, the popup closes but it does not register my choice. When attempting to switch pokémon, I am unable to continue the turn by selecting my next attack. I am only able to avoid this by selecting an attack, rather than a switch.

Please let me know if you need more detail, or if I can help in anyway! c:
Hey.
Thanks for the report imma gonna test right now.

EDIT : Tested in random battles, seems to work. What phone do you have? Did it happen only in one battle or very battle? What metagame ? Does it always happen with hte same team? (share it with me if yes)

We are also working on a automated bug catching system and reporting via email, it will help us look for those pesky bugs in battles

Last edited:
Hi, just wondering, is it possible to look at the ladder rankings using the app? Maybe I just couldn't find it tho.

Hey.
Thanks for the report imma gonna test right now.

EDIT : Tested in random battles, seems to work. What phone do you have? Did it happen only in one battle or very battle? What metagame ? Does it always happen with hte same team? (share it with me if yes)

We are also working on a automated bug catching system and reporting via email, it will help us look for those pesky bugs in battles
I have a Nexus6.
I've only had trouble in the vgc 2015 format. It happens 2/3 battles I would say. All of which included mega gengar, so maybe his ability is contributing to this issue.
Let me know if more details would help!

Edit: not being able to switch my last pokémon in happens every time.

I don't know if this is appropriate in this thread, but I couldn't find a better place to put it.

I get this error almost every Rated OU battle, it rarely happens in randoms.

Sorry for the size, posting from my phone.

This problem is gone after the update.

The app keeps getting better! Keep up the good work!

I have a Nexus6.
I've only had trouble in the vgc 2015 format. It happens 2/3 battles I would say. All of which included mega gengar, so maybe his ability is contributing to this issue.
Let me know if more details would help!

Edit: not being able to switch my last pokémon in happens every time.
Ok, so probably something with shadowtag i guess. I'll take a look. I dont play VGC so I didnt test much.

Hey can u fix the hidden power thing i have hidden power fire on kyurem b but when i hit ferro or any steel types it was restricted
ok i'll take a look. did you create the team via the teambuilder? Did you select the hidden power normal move? WHat are your IVs?

EDIT : we should modifity the iv ourselfes if a special HP is selected
EDIT 2 : This is fixed ,jsut waiting for the merge to build a new version

This problem is gone after the update.

The app keeps getting better! Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, so probably something with shadowtag i guess. I'll take a look. I dont play VGC so I didnt test much.
I tested a few more battles, and this problem is only affecting gengar when he is in the first slot and his mega ability is active.

We just released version 1.2.3.

Sometimes in battles the toast "Bug captured" will show up:
You can report to us bugs that application catches in battles via email by pressing the bug button.

This version should also set the correct IVs for versions of hidden power and correct happinness when return or frustration is selected.

As per usual, update is avaialble on http://spo.ink/psandroid or straight from the app on your phone.

Last edited:
I love the idea of Pokemon Showdown on my tablet.
The issue is, the app claims I have a weak signal or no signal when I try to do anything that requires internet. Every other app on my tablet can connect and run just fine. What's the issue with this app?

Hello JacenBoy,

Sorry that the app doesnt work on your phone. According to the code (i didnt do that part), this popup shows when either :
- Android tell us you dont have internet connexion
- We can't send a message to PS servers

are you using mobile data or wifi? Are you far from the access point in the second case?

I'm using WiFi. I just tested it on a different WiFi network, and it's working. The issue was probably on my end.
I am liking the app. Nice work!

I'm using WiFi. I just tested it on a different WiFi network, and it's working. The issue was probably on my end.
I am liking the app. Nice work!
No problems.

Thanks for the bug reports everyone.
We'll release an update fixing most bugs (they are minor) soon(TM).
We are getting more and more users everyday :D

TheWilliamGamer

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ive Gotta Question
Is there going to be room tournaments access on the Android app?
For Now i can only do it on my computer.

Minor suggestion for you guys. If possible I'd like to see the range of a stat when I press on an opponents pokemon in battle instead of what it's base stat is. For example instead of its base stat show like 123-210. This would make it easier for people like me that don't know mins and maxes for each base stat.

Ive Gotta Question
Is there going to be room tournaments access on the Android app?
For Now i can only do it on my computer.
Maybe, can't say for sure. Not a priority.

Minor suggestion for you guys. If possible I'd like to see the range of a stat when I press on an opponents pokemon in battle instead of what it's base stat is. For example instead of its base stat show like 123-210. This would make it easier for people like me that don't know mins and maxes for each base stat.
That could be done

Could you make it to where we can use the back button to exit out of the app itself instead of using only the home button? Great work btw. Keep it up. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)