Battle Spot - Simple Questions and Answers

if i understood well, glalie works only when it obtains a boost in speed, sp atk or accuracy (sheer cold) it seems mostly a pokemon for gimmick and not for play competitive. but ok, I'll try it for sure. steel and fighting priority are also glalie's weaks i guess

if i understood well, glalie works only when it obtains a boost in speed, sp atk or accuracy (sheer cold) it seems mostly a pokemon for gimmick and not for play competitive. but ok, I'll try it for sure. steel and fighting priority are also glalie's weaks i guess
Accuracy boosts don't affect Sheer Cold, it has a fixed accuracy. But really almost any boosts are useful, aside from attack and accuracy unless your opponent is using minimize. The best boosts imo are speed and evasion. And SpA is probably the third best, but def/spdef boosts are great as well and work amazingly if you get evasion alongside them.

Oh right, sheer cold work with the levels. I used smeargle but usually its change were something like +2 spatk and - 1 def. Than +2 accuracy and -1 speed. A trauma.. I hope glalie work better. (obv, it depends even how I play)

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hi guys! Has Goodra got any use in any bs tier?
In singles it can wall Rotom-w and Thundurus and most other special attackers pretty well although it can be haxed by thundy, but loses to almost all the common physical attackers due to its lackluster defense. It also tends to deal underwhelming damage.

In doubles and I guess triples/current special it can be a really good rain wall/counter.

Last edited:
What pairs well with M-Pidgeot?

Also, speaking of Goodra, is Substitute a good move on it since it often forces switches? I used to have it on it and it seemed pretty good.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What pairs well with M-Pidgeot?
Since most Pidgeot forgo Hidden Power Ground for Ice to nail things such as Mega Salamence and the rest of the 4x weak gang, it then desperately needs teammates that can take out Electric-types. Garchomp is its most common teammate, however Excadrill is also pretty common, probably since it isn't 4x weak to Hidden Power Ice which basically all Electrics carry as coverage. It'll need a defensive switch in since Mega Pidgeot is kinda frail and struggles against some bulkier mons, which explains why Rotom-W and Ferrothorn are high on the list. I also see Donphan up there, I guess it fills the Ground-type partner role, but it also has Sturdy to combat OHKO move users, which are 100% accurate against Mega Pidgeot thanks to No Guard!

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'd say that Excadrill is probably the #1 best partner for Mega Pidgeot as Mold Breaker EQ, Iron Head and Rock Slide can deal with pretty much anything that would give Pidgeot issues, including Heatran, Rotom-W, Tyranitar, any specially defensive Fairy, as well as things like Zapdos, Thundurus and Raikou. It also likes having an Electric-type of its own (Raikou is my favourite but it makes you pretty weak to Greninja) to help against Suicune and Slowbro, which can set up on Excadrill and take Hurricane better with every Calm Mind. I made a Mega Pidgeot team a long, long time ago if you want to use it as a reference, I'll see if I can't find a link...

edit: here

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey so a buddy of mine asked for a ditto with 14/15 iv in speed, in order to breed a conkeldurr that would put it in a speed tier to hit aegislash after it moves and is still in blade forme.

are there other pkmn that can benefit from that same ditto, or specific speed ivs needed for other bs mons to deal with aegislash in a similar fashion?

im looking to rng that ditto and was wondering if theres other ones worth doing for the same reason

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
hey so a buddy of mine asked for a ditto with 14/15 iv in speed, in order to breed a conkeldurr that would put it in a speed tier to hit aegislash after it moves and is still in blade forme.

are there other pkmn that can benefit from that same ditto, or specific speed ivs needed for other bs mons to deal with aegislash in a similar fashion?

im looking to rng that ditto and was wondering if theres other ones worth doing for the same reason
The only one I can think of is a 26-27 iv for Gastrodon to underspeed Aegislash which is more for vgc. Another one you could do is 10-11 for Hippowdon to do the same.

Hey guys, just wondering what the trend was for when we can expect the next battle spot special season to be announced? (Unless it already has and I completely missed it...)
This season is due to finish in 11 days right?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, just wondering what the trend was for when we can expect the next battle spot special season to be announced? (Unless it already has and I completely missed it...)
This season is due to finish in 11 days right?
Usually with around two weeks left in the current season, so expect to see an announcement soon!

Have terrakion and Diggersby a role in battle spot single (not in the same team)?
Neither of them are really bad or anything. But I think both are just outclassed by other fighting types/ground types. Terrak I think is a decent fighting type, fighting types are always good to check kanga, especially with good speed like terrak has. And terrak doesn't just straight up lose to talon like a few other fighting types so thats cool. And Diggersby has huge power going for it, so it hits like a truck and has things like SD, agility, which are cool. Also, unlike other ground types, it has STAB priority. So they definitely have their niches, it's just other pokemon usually do the jobs better.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How do Adamant and Jolly stack up for Mamoswine in singles? According to the PGL they are almost equally used (Adamant is 43% whereas Jolly is 42.5%). What does Mamo need Jolly to outspeed?

How do Adamant and Jolly stack up for Mamoswine in singles? According to the PGL they are almost equally used (Adamant is 43% whereas Jolly is 42.5%). What does Mamo need Jolly to outspeed?
Jolly Mamoswine outspeeds:
[Neutral Speed Nature, 252 Spe]: Kangkaskhan, Landorus-t (without choice scarf), or Modest Lucario, Excadrill, Heracross, Rotom-Form, Mega and not mega Gyarados, Mega Venusaur, Goodra, Chandelure, Gardevoir, Gallade, Dragonite, Venusaur, Medicham, Togekiss, Blaziken.
[Max Speed]: Smeargle, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross, Mega Swampert, Politoed, Ludicolo, Bisharp, Breloom, Metagross, Hitmontop, Mega Tyranitar

In bold who important guys which Mamoswine can hit hard with its STABs (and Kangaskhan because... well, because it's Kangaskhan)

I hope I helped you.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Jolly outspeeds Adamant Dragonite, Adamant / Modest Mega Altaria, Adamant Gyarados, Jolly Mega Tyranitar, and allows the Scarf set to outspeed Mega Gengar, Mega Manectric, Mega Lopunny, Adamant Scarf Lando-T, Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile (as well as neutral Nite, Alt, and Gya, and Jolly M-Tar after a Dragon Dance).

edit: beaten. except that's non-Mega Kang (base 90), Jolly Mamo doesn't outspeed any Mega Kang (base 100)...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks guys, that does help. Guess doing Jolly was a good choice, those are some pretty important Pokemon to beat.

And cant say at least I'll outspeed Kang the first turn if we're both out at the same time.

I think adamant nature is usually used on bulkier mamoswine spreads, like assault vest would normally run adamant and not too much speed investment, just enough to creep certain things. And focus sash sets might be more inclined to run jolly.

Hey guys, what moveset does Umbreon typically run? When I run into it I mostly see Foul Play / Wish / Protect / Toxic, but according to the usage stats Moonlight is used way more often along with Heal Bell instead of Wish + Protect. Which one would be considered to be the better set?

Hey guys, what moveset does Umbreon typically run? When I run into it I mostly see Foul Play / Wish / Protect / Toxic, but according to the usage stats Moonlight is used way more often along with Heal Bell instead of Wish + Protect. Which one would be considered to be the better set?
Imo moonlight is better than wish protect because you dont have to dedicate two moveslots for recovery. And heal bell is pretty nice so umbreon doesnt get toxic stalled itself snd it can help the rest of your team out. I think taunt and swagger are pretty good as well.

Guys, can I put just 228 EVs in Speed on Timid Raikou (180 spe) for outspeed Thundurus? I mean, there's something which forced me to use more EVs in Speed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)