Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had actually read my post instead of just copy/pasting parts of it and adding your own commentary, you would have seen that implementing this is "planned" eventually™. It would be Acid Rain-tier difficult to implement.
i mightve tweeted about it as a joke/check out my video pl0x. but dear god. the fact that this glitch is so unbelievably NOT viable, i wouldnt bother putting it in. you saw how that umbreon took an adamant superpower from lando, thats basically the most viable that glitch is gonna get. that glitch is going to cost you more ladder points trying to set up than it would be worth.

i'd bet that outside of controlled experiments with it, 75% of people wont even get the glitch set up properly. youre sacrificing a ton of HP on the button'd poke and going 2.5 vs 4 at that point essentially. unless you can pull the manliest of double switches and not lose florges in the process.

If you had actually read my post instead of just copy/pasting parts of it and adding your own commentary, you would have seen that implementing this is "planned" eventually™. It would be Acid Rain-tier difficult to implement.
I... I'm sorry dude, I checked the known/planned implementation list and didn't see it in there. I just copied and pasted a lot of the text off of someone who was labbing the glitch on the reddit thread I first learned of it in, I didn't know it was you. I didn't mean to offend.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
i mightve tweeted about it as a joke/check out my video pl0x. but dear god. the fact that this glitch is so unbelievably NOT viable, i wouldnt bother putting it in. you saw how that umbreon took an adamant superpower from lando, thats basically the most viable that glitch is gonna get. that glitch is going to cost you more ladder points trying to set up than it would be worth.

i'd bet that outside of controlled experiments with it, 75% of people wont even get the glitch set up properly. youre sacrificing a ton of HP on the button'd poke and going 2.5 vs 4 at that point essentially. unless you can pull the manliest of double switches and not lose florges in the process.
Oh I agree, I'm actually hoping someone uses it at an official event so it gets patched as soon as possible. Even if it's never patched I don't see it being implemented any time soon; there are a ton of other more relevant bugs to tackle first.
I... I'm sorry dude, I checked the known/planned implementation list and didn't see it in there. I just copied and pasted a lot of the text off of someone who was labbing the glitch on the reddit thread I first learned of it in, I didn't know it was you. I didn't mean to offend.
Hey don't worry about it, I have to apologize too. I had no idea until a few hours ago that someone posted essentially an exact copy of my words on Reddit. No hard feelings!

When you outspeed your opponent and use Taunt when they have chosen a non-attacking move, it appears in the log that "... was unable to use [move name] after the Taunt!" or something like that. So you know that the opposing Pokemon has that move. Yet, it doesn't show up in the hover-display when you mouse over the opposing Pokemon like other moves that have been successfully used do. This is not technically a bug, but it doesn't seem like the intended purpose of having opponent moves in the hover-display is being entirely fulfilled.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night

The extremely long nickname carries on to the next Pokemon but I think it should just stop at the end of the Pokemon's box

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi there is still a problem with skydrop, although the issue of it being effected by redirection has been fixed it now allows you to do damage to mons that have been skydropped and are currently in the air which it shouldn't. Essentially it works like fly once a mon has been skydropped both the mon using skydrop and the mon being skydropped are in the air and therefore avoid attacks until they have come back down the following turn. (There are a few exceptions including Sky Uppercut and Smack down)

In terms of how this affects move order it also means that if a mon is faster than the skydropper it will miss a move on the second turn as it should have moved first but can't as it is in the air. Similarily if the mon being skydropped is slower it misses a move on the initial turn as it is skydropped before it can act. Hope this helps.

I get this every time i try and enter another battle. It then has a few more turns of just code before sprites and the actual text show up, but it's still not quite right.

I guess it's a well known bug, but sometimes when playing in Ubers metagame, the opponent Arceus is replaced by other of his pokémon in "mini preview" during the game, so it looks like the opponent have two of the same Pokémon (eg: Xerneas). I'll try to catch a screenshot and I edit here later.

In the teamuilder, we are not available anymore to erase ability on RBY and GSC teams, it is possible on Exeggutor, but it is impossible on Chansey or Tauros for mysterious reason. When I go into the import to erase it, it will not take it into account and the ability will remain (same goes with gender, I can erase them in import and they won't be shown anymore but will still be seen in the team). :

Also the import text is glitched, there is 2 blank spaces after each lines bar the last one.

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent
So i was in a DOU battle and the guy i was facing used trick or treat on his meloetta to give it ghost typing as well as its psychic/normal typing. Then when i u-turned on his melo it still registered as a super effective hit, instead of a neutral hit. Replays are down right now i can replicate it when it comes back up.

E: This may be visual after relic song form change, if the additional typing is lost during form change it still displays as having the ghost typing

Fire Doge used Protect!
Fire Doge protected itself!
The opposing Meloetta used Shadow Ball!
Dank Meme lost 19.5% of its health!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super used Trick-or-Treat!
Ghost type was added to the opposing Meloetta!
Dank Meme used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised your team's Special Defense!
Turn 2
Fire Doge used Protect!
But it failed!
The opposing Meloetta used Relic Song!
A critical hit! Dank Meme lost 36.2% of its health!
Dank Meme fell asleep!
Fire Doge lost 14.0% of its health!
The opposing Meloetta transformed!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super used Substitute!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super put in a substitute!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super lost 24% of its health!
Dank Meme is fast asleep.
The opposing Gourgeist-Super restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 3
★aoemica: ez sleep
Yellow Paint: huh
★MainEvent: do you see the 3 types still?
★MainEvent: no hit clef aoe
★aoemica: it still shows 3 types
★aoemica: wait why hit clef
★aoemica: I thought I needed to relic song again
★MainEvent: yea
★aoemica: to show that it's weak to bug
★MainEvent: song again
Fire Doge used Protect!
The opposing Meloetta used Relic Song!
Dank Meme lost 8.7% of its health!
The opposing Meloetta transformed!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super used Synthesis!
The opposing Gourgeist-Super regained health!
Turn 4
★aoemica: oh are you gonna e speed
Fire Doge used Extreme Speed!
The opposing Meloetta lost 25% of its health!
Fire Doge lost some of its HP!
Dank Meme lost 12.8% of its health!
Ghost type was added to Dank Meme!
The opposing Meloetta restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
★aoemica: it shows normal/psychic/ghost
★MainEvent: yea
★MainEvent: now
★MainEvent: ill go
★MainEvent: to lando
★MainEvent: and show se
Fire Doge, come back!
Go! Land Doge (Landorus-Therian)!
[Land Doge's Intimidate!]
The opposing Meloetta's Attack fell!
It's super effective! A critical hit! Dank Meme lost 22.7% of its health!
Dank Meme fainted!
Ghost type was added to Land Doge!
The opposing Meloetta restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Your team's Light Screen wore off!
Go! Triforce (Aegislash)!
Turn 6
Triforce used Wide Guard!
Wide Guard protected your team!
Land Doge used U-turn!
It's super effective! The opposing Meloetta lost 42% of its health!
★aoemica: yeah so when you relic song
★aoemica: you lose all previous typings

Last edited:
The following are all data errors, or oversights.

Assurance's effect to double if user has already received damage this turn, should activate when a Life Orb damages the user, however on pokemon showdown it does not. I personally verified this mechanic minutes ago in game.
The set up:
Pawniard@Life Orb
Assurance: 50%
Metal Claw: 25%
attacking a single wild Tentacool, attacked first with Metal Claw for 25% damage, and next Assurance for 50% damage
(Tentacool used Bubble Beam, so theres no confusion on stat modifiers)
another source verifying this mechanic http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Assurance_(move)

Natural Gift's base power was raised in generation 6, however pokemonshowdown did not update Aguav Berry; which was updated from 60 to 80 base power,
pokemonshowdown:
Code:
 60 naturalGift: { basePower: 60,
update:
same thing goes for Pomeg Berry being updated from 70 to 90, and Qualot Berry 70 to 90 (showdown still has 70 for these two

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
The following are all data errors, or oversights.

Assurance's effect to double if user has already received damage this turn, should activate when a Life Orb damages the user, however on pokemon showdown it does not. I personally verified this mechanic minutes ago in game.
The set up:
Pawniard@Life Orb
Assurance: 50%
Metal Claw: 25%
attacking a single wild Tentacool, attacked first with Metal Claw for 25% damage, and next Assurance for 50% damage
(Tentacool used Bubble Beam, so theres no confusion on stat modifiers)
another source verifying this mechanic http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Assurance_(move)
You're reading Bulbapedia's page wrong. Assurance doubles in power if the target already took damage, not the user. Your in-game test doesn't make any sense, either, since Tentacool resists Metal Claw and the moves don't even have the same base power to begin with.
Natural Gift's base power was raised in generation 6, however pokemonshowdown did not update Aguav Berry; which was updated from 60 to 80 base power,
pokemonshowdown:
Code:
 60 naturalGift: { basePower: 60,
update:
same thing goes for Pomeg Berry being updated from 70 to 90, and Qualot Berry 70 to 90 (showdown still has 70 for these two
These will be fixed next update, thanks for pointing them out.

Hi, I am reporting a visual bug involving Zorua/Zoruark.

As you can see, it makes it seem like this terrakion has 6 moves (what a great way to overcome 4 move syndrome).
It seems no one uses Zorua/Zoruark enough to notice this =(

Hopefully you guys can fix this.

Thanks

Just wanted to point out that there are several major flaws with the new ORAS double Primal Battle tier:

- Team preview is lacking (should be pick 4/6)
- Mega pokemon are already mega evolved when battle starts
- You can have several mega evolved pokemon in battle

EDIT: not sure if these are considered "bugs", so please redirect me if necessary!

Just wanted to point out that there are several major flaws with the new ORAS double Primal Battle tier:

- Team preview is lacking (should be pick 4/6)
- Mega pokemon are already mega evolved when battle starts
- You can have several mega evolved pokemon in battle

EDIT: not sure if these are considered "bugs", so please redirect me if necessary!
My bad. It's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)