Terraria

Beat Fishron 6 times so far with melee; primarily relied on North Pole and Vampire Knives and it wasn't bad. He's a very fun boss, though. Time to see if I can beat him with a ranged character

Beat Fishron 6 times so far with melee; primarily relied on North Pole and Vampire Knives and it wasn't bad. He's a very fun boss, though. Time to see if I can beat him with a ranged character
Yep. Very fun boss. Using range, I used the Snowman cannon with Rocket IIIs.

time for a one-year thread necro! terraria 1.3 has a tentative release date of sometime in June (though whether they're going to stick to that isn't too clear yet)

here's a hype video they released on April Fools that shows off some of the new items as well as Steam integration, which is a godsend for people like me who haven't been able to set up port forwarding correctly to play multiplayer

with most other games I'd be skeptical of what they release on April Fools, but Terraria devs have made a habit of teasing releases on april fools and then actually following through on releasing them (duke fishron is one example) - plus the fact that there are a ton of new enemies and weapons that they wouldn't make just to not put in the game

when terraria 1.2 got released well over a year ago, the amount of content in the game basically doubled, so patch 1.3 is basically going to be a whole new game that I get to sink hundreds more hours into

1.3 Update brought many great new items, but some of the new weapons are in my opinion too OP. On the other hand, new armors suck.
And the so-called final boss is pretty easy to beat, if you know how.

end-game melee and summoner feel a little weak, to be honest, while ranger is balanced due to having no life regen but has a really boring armor set bonus... vortex armor is basically glorified shroomite armor with no real drawback since you can have a mount

end-game mage is a little over-the-top; the last prism does so much more damage in virtually every situation than any other item in the game.

has anyone else been interested in speedrunning this game? the terraria speedrunning community isn't very big and I think the category has a lot of potential

Man, I've been playing through expert and it is so much more difficult to make progress in one player than it is on normal. Fishing is still op though, which kinda helps level the playing field some.

Hey, I just picked this game back up after not playing for months. I'm still pre-golem and dont know how to beat it, whats the best way to kill him? Ranged I assume but I dont know how. I even had problems beating plantera earlier today which I used to be able to kill with ease. The new items look crazy good though.

coolbiz defeating Golem is pretty easy, if you have Vampire Knives, and you get yourself enough defense (chlorophyte armor with melee mask work well, then Beetle armor with Beetle shell, if you already defeated him). And items which either increase your melee DMG, or improve your survivability, e.g. reducing cooldown of healing potion and increase life regen.
When you're tanked like this, you can just stick yourself to the ceiling and spam him from above with Vampire Knives.

Oh, and my tactic for my first Plamtera was the most complicated I ever thought off in this game. I've set up two teleporters in decent range with a timer connected at. Then I just let it to teleport me form side to side the whole battle, so i could only focus myself on spamming plantera with megashark. Goddamn easy.

Hey, I just picked this game back up after not playing for months. I'm still pre-golem and dont know how to beat it, whats the best way to kill him? Ranged I assume but I dont know how. I even had problems beating plantera earlier today which I used to be able to kill with ease. The new items look crazy good though.
mages have virtually zero problem with any post-plantera boss due to how strong spectre armor is

as a general rule, try to take out his fists first before killing his head in the first phase - this makes the second phase much easier to deal with since you're only dodging his head lasers, which isn't too difficult. a standard wooden platform arena helps with a campfire, heart lantern, etc (heart statue if you have it)

Yeah I was using the ranged build with shroomite armor then I tried ranged/melee build but with turtle armor but Ill try out the mage build with spectre armor. What weapon is used typically? Shadowbeam Staff or Spectre Staff or some other weapon I dont know about for post Plantera. Thanks for the help Jebus and BaroqueArc.

Yeah I was using the ranged build with shroomite armor then I tried ranged/melee build but with turtle armor but Ill try out the mage build with spectre armor. What weapon is used typically? Shadowbeam Staff or Spectre Staff or some other weapon I dont know about for post Plantera. Thanks for the help Jebus and BaroqueArc.
shadowbeam staff is probably your best option pre-Golem although the leaf blower (drop from Plantera) is higher DPS overall. not a huge fan of the spectre staff outside of general mobbing

Ive been a really long time player of terraria (over 1000 hours on steam alone from when i bought it last year, which isnt including the 3 years which I played cracked versions beforehand) and expert mode in 1.3 is one of the most enjoyable and challenging things ive played. As someone who has 100% completed the game 20+ times since version 1.0, I know my way around the game but expert mode is such a punishing game mode. I still havent made the jump to hardmode yet just because I need to make sure I am completely prepared for anything. Medusa enemies are ridiculous, getting turned to stone sucks in heavily populated caves. Bosses are insane, the updated AIs for them make the last few seconds of the fight really intense. The rewards are worth is though, expert items are useful and the increased drop rate of all items helps heaps (though it still took me ages to get the medusa head item). As for the new endgame items, mage is still really good. Razorblade typhoon kicks ass and the lunar items are all really good (especially the last prism and star wrath). The expert mode moon lord is a pain to beat (I fought him with my 100% character from regular mode) but is a fun fight. Now all there is to do is look forward to Terraria: Otherworld.

Hey so I beat the golem with the eye of cthulu yoyo and turtle armor alongside a deadly sphere(which in my knowledge is the best pre-moon lord summon) and now I can beat it with ease and have created beetle armor. I then also tried the Pumpkin Moon event and made it to wave 11 or 12. Is this good for my first try or do most people make it to wave 15 with ease? It wasnt hard at all but I found difficulty getting through the waves when a pumpking would pop up. Besides that I got a Jack-O-Lantern Launcher which sucks but yeah, I plan to frost moon later today still unsure. Last thing, anyone know of good servers that do temple/jungle raids and mass boss fights together? I knew of one before but its long gone.

tl;dr: I suck at terraria, need multiplayer server

wave 11/12 is fine for a first try, especially as a melee class which tends to have a harder time with the moon events in general

you're going to struggle with the frost moon given your current gear as it's not great against the Ice Queens that start swarming you around wave 8/9. the only gear you'd really want from the event is the North Pole, a great spear that is fantastic in particular against invasions and the lunar event. you could try farming the frost moon until you get a north pole to drop, but it's probably going to be rather difficult and may not be worth the effort

in my opinion you're better off trying to take on Duke Fishron for the Flairon (which I consider to be one of the strongest pre-Lunar melee weapons in the game) and possibly the Fishron Wings as well. the Martian Invasion is also a great event to try to farm, as both the UFO mount and the Influx Waver (a better version of the Terra Blade) are really nice to have going into your first attempt at the lunar event. the martian saucers also drop the Xeno Staff, a stronger summon than the Deadly Spheres, as well as the Laser Drill, one of the most useful drills in the game

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Got my first Moon Lord kill the other day and I've gotta say that the UFO mount was almost essential. It makes the Cultist and Duke Fishron an absolute cakewalk and improves your mobility a ton against the pillars. Solar Eruption is also the greatest thing for the Moon Lord as it allowed me to build bomb shelters to dodge his head laser during the first half. The second half took a couple tries but you can honestly just go hard left or right across the map, kiting him behind you and dodging most attacks while also wailing on the core, making for a fairly straightforward takedown. Echoing the "Razorblade Typhoon is amazing" sentiment, it's one of the best weapons for the Cultist and the Pillars before you can get the Solar Eruption.

I beat the moon lord first try earlier today relatively easily with a daybreak, beetle armor, and a stardust dragon with a lot of potion boosts. The potion boosts make it so easy, especially the extra 100 health one. My defense was over 100 as well so I could face tank the core part to a certain extent. Like ethan said though UFO mount is absolutely essential unless you have a sky bridge of some sort. Not to mention I didn't die once while doing it. Fun game 10/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)