ORAS OU Bringing Back Mega Pinsir (Balanced Team)

yeah i think u just lose to rain cause rain teams arent gonna have just politoad pert and kingdra. they got other mons which forces u 2 sack first then they sack then u sack etc and since u sacked first u proabably lose :[ lemme see wat i can do 2 help. I just calced and everything on ur team gets 1 shotted by kingdra. mhmmh i dont know how to fix the problem yet probably run twave on something that baits in kingdra.

Last edited:
yeah i think u just lose to rain cause rain teams arent gonna have just politoad pert and kingdra. they got other mons which forces u 2 sack first then they sack then u sack etc and since u sacked first u proabably lose :[ lemme see wat i can do 2 help
Thanks. You're bringing up a really good point.

and yeah how does the team handle mega gyrados if it gets to plus 1 on like ur rotom switch in? i dont think it even has to dd since rotom gets 2 shotted by rotom. i guess u can argue u can revenge kill with scarf lati but again mega gyrados have other teamates 2 ]:

and yeah how does the team handle mega gyrados if it gets to plus 1 on like ur rotom switch in? i dont think it even has to dd since rotom gets 2 shotted by rotom. i guess u can argue u can revenge kill with scarf lati but again mega gyrados have other teamates 2 ]:
OK, so basically my team has a water weakness in general.

So I used to have an Unaware Clefable on my team instead of Latias. It would act as my safety net to setup Sweepers (besides Scizor) and it also carried Healing Wish.

But yeah, this current team has nothing against Mega Gyara, or any Water Type really for that matter :[

OK OK. What if I replace Rotom-W with a defensive Jellicent?

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

It can't completely stop birdspam (though it will only be 3HKO and can 2HKO with Scald), but it WILL put a stop to pretty much everything on a Rain team except Specs Kingdra. Jellicent could also act as a Spin Blocker.
Maybe then, I could switch Magnezone to Choice Scarf to outspeed the standard (non-Revenge Killing) Talonflame so that Jellicent won't have to handle such birdspam.

i like the inovation but ur losing out on momentum without the rotom . but meh what ever works for u

even with rotom or jellicent. thats SOOO MUCH PRESSURE ON 1 MON. basically ur saying all u do when u see a water type is switch in jellicent or rotom. which just keeps getting widdled ]:. idk fren

even with rotom or jellicent. thats SOOO MUCH PRESSURE ON 1 MON. basically ur saying all u do when u see a water type is switch in jellicent or rotom. which just keeps getting widdled ]:. idk fren
I give up. I don't want to change the team structure too much and I have no answers to water. :[

I tried your team out and found some small issues, first off Mega-Pinsir didn't need all the speed and his attack is monstorus, so how about some bulk to survive some powerful super attacks. And Feint is just so good, you can't not use it on Pinsir.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 48 HP / 224 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Feint
- Frustration
- Close Combat

I've used Sand Rush Excadrill on so many teams I have gotten to the perfect speed number, but yours works perfectly well too if you are scared of fast scarfers.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Hippowdon was perfect, best wall in the game IMO. But I used Impish instead of Sassy.

Loved the Scarfed Latias, but maybe try out Ice Beam somewhere on it. Zero Ice coverage on this team, maybe even Ice Fang on Hippowdon.

Standard Specs Magnezone, it works for a reason.

Rotom-Wash is most commonly used as a physical pivot for a reason, he's so darn good at it. So I moved some SpD to physical

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Awesome team, I love Mega-Pinsir and Excadrill. Started using it and thought maybe you could use my suggestions, best of luck! :)

Didn't think I'd see more from this thread, but more improvements are always appreciated!

And OML, I'm so honored that your very first post is on my Thread.

For Mega-Pinsir, I do like your new EV spread. And this thread was made before Feint on Mega-Pinsir really took off, so I have actually been using a Feint Mega-Pinsir for a while, just didn't bother updating this old thread.

And yes, I'm still kinda scared of Scarfed base 100's so I'm still sticking with that speed.

I used Sassy on Hippo in order to allow it to survive HP Ice from the common Electric Types, just in case Drill was gone. Though Impish is good as well. I'll try it out.

You're right about the Ice Coverage. Dropping Dracos is pretty important so I'm gonna use Ice Beam over Psyshock if anything. As for Ice Fang on Hippo, the first move to replace would probably be Whirlwind, but Whirlwind is too awesome to get rid of.

And your Rotom-W spread is probably better because it's a major counter to Talonflame, a physical attacker.

Some other changes that I've tried out without updating are:
-Specs Magnezone > Scarf Magnezone
-Latias > Clefable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)