Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Because people realised it was bad
I thought this was the go to set nowadays? At least when I made a nom against MLop people were advocating sub-toxic as being her saving grace against the rampant Rocky Helment Chomp/Hippowdon's used to check her.

Then again this was pre Hoopa-U so I guess little surprise the set died down in favor of more purely offensive ones, since offense only gained a highly usable wall breaker added to their arsenal as well as rising Weavile usage.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought this was the go to set nowadays? At least when I made a nom against MLop people were advocating sub-toxic as being her saving grace against the rampant Rocky Helment Chomp/Hippowdon's used to check her.
sub encore is, not sub encore

You know how people say certain sets "can't hit everything", or how some people wave that off by saying "but mah team support!"? While Pokemon is a 6v6 game (or 4v4 or whatever), how much does a mon need to do by itself?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
You know how people say certain sets "can't hit everything", or how some people wave that off by saying "but mah team support!"? While Pokemon is a 6v6 game (or 4v4 or whatever), how much does a mon need to do by itself?
Well considering almost every argument along those lines are rather bs and subjective anyways you're better off deciding on your own while watching in the back with a bag of popcorn with two or more people going at it "debating".

Like what AM said, it's a bit of a personal opinion. For offensive mons, needing a few things removed or damaged is fine, but if the mon has problems beating common cores and typically needs a number of mons severely weakened before being able to push through them, it's probably more trouble than it's worth. Likewise, if a support mon has little to no chances to get in and do its job against most teams, it's more or less dead weight.

Does anyone have a good example of hyper offense teams in the current meta? I've been out of PS for a while.

Alakazam-Mega (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore / Taunt

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Yeah so this is a pretty fun team that I made. Spikes+M-Alakazam is really nice atm, and is a good idea in general. The hazards weaken the opposition to such an extent where M-Alakazam picks off the remaining mons. This plays into your hands as this takes advantage of M-Alakazam's great speed tier. Klefki is there as a cushion to check M-Diancie, M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, and spread status. Latios and Torn-T are the Keldeo, Charizard Y switch-ins, and are pretty important mons for the team to have. Since MZam is so frail, TankChomp is there to take hits from Talonflame, Bisharp, any other priority users, and set up SR. Specs Keldeo to wallbreak, and check Bisharp since SD sets are threatening.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Ok, so I have the choice of EQ / Zen Headbutt, right ? And for the spread ?
Minimum speed threshold should be enough to hit around 221 with full attack and then rest in bulk. Obviously depends on team but thats one spread used.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think Substitute + Coil is what Zygarde normally runs in OU, because Coil is kind of like Bulk Up but better. Coil + Dragon Tail is also pretty cool for phazing in general. Kinda like an inferior Garchomp but has Zygarde has a cool niche over it in Coil and ExtremeSpeed I guess. Aside from Coil + phazing you could run Dragon Dance Zygarde - has a niche over Dragonite in being immune to Thunder Wave and resistance to Stealth Rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)