Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty late to be posting this but I finally finished heliolisk after starting it a few months ago and its probably one of my favorite animations yet. :] Comments are always welcomed.

heliolisk-front2.gif
heliolisk-back.gif

Good to be back here btw. Missed the sprite squad lol.

and goomy is still being fixed. just stumped with it atm but its on its way!

Edit: ah just noticed there was a newer version. rip x_x

i feel like you can add a rare animation where Mega Gengar stops hovering and opens its mouth like it's roaring.

there's a black square that keeps blinking in the top left corner that needs removed from the gif

about the levitating thing, mega gengar doesnt seem like the Pokemon to levitate, as seen in its x/y sprite. i feel like it just standing (sitting?) there and bobbing its head up and down with a rare animation (mentioned above) would be fine. A sort of similar example is reshiram

notice how its body bobs up and down and theres an occasional red glow in its body

i mea that same thing but with mega gengar opening its mouth.

hope i helped!

The black square is a mark to know where the frames loop. This gengar need a rare animation, but I wanted to know your feedback first, so, thanks for your reply. I like your idea to open/close the gengar's mouth, may I will add to the rare animation. And I have looking for mega gengar's images, and it's true that it doesn't levitate. Tomorrow I will finish it, and fix the levitation.

Thanks ;)

EDIT: Fixed mega gengar (normal animation)

Last edited:
princessofmusic

Whoops I suppose I may have messed up to with Helioptile. Didn't check to see if it was animation ready and animated it. Just wanted to try and kick-start some more activity lol. I'll have to reanimate when its sprite is approved.

But when it comes to Honedge, couldn't it be treated in the same way as Helioptile? Having the same colors but only part of those colors being recolored?

Anyone of you amazing creators got your original file that is at least 200 pixles? Or anything larger than you resized versions please tell me the link or something than you.

I AM ALIVE! And currently making changes to sprites, I feel really bad for not showing any activity for a really long while, I lost my setup in a tornado, but now I use photoshop for better quality in sprites, will finish Mega Steelix backsprite, since no one else has yet, and edited small things (shadings, stray pixels, etc.) on Mega Steelix front, sorry again and thank you.

<---Garydos, get it?

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Anyone of you amazing creators got your original file that is at least 200 pixles? Or anything larger than you resized versions please tell me the link or something than you.
No sprite is 200 pixels the canvas sizes are 96 x 96, unless you're referring to the overall sprite itself then I guess it would be 200 (too lazy to do the math right now).
If you're looking for each individual that is considered complete or up-to-date, you can check the google doc on the first page. If neither of those are what you are asking, I am confused by your question.

SteelixBack-Mega.png
Much Progress, very wow, should be done tomorrow, 2 days tops
Steelix-Mega.png
Front sprite, can't really tell from this size, but I changed the shade of the weird blue and black rings on every other stone(?), except the very middle ring one, since its smaller and always in shadow (in my mindset really) And some lines along the face have been straitened

View attachment 48613 Much Progress, very wow, should be done tomorrow, 2 days tops
View attachment 48614 Front sprite, can't really tell from this size, but I changed the shade of the weird blue and black rings on every other stone(?), except the very middle ring one, since its smaller and always in shadow (in my mindset really) And some lines along the face have been straitened
Looks good so far. One thing I'd do with both sprites is make the 'spiked' segments larger, as the size difference between said segments and the smaller ones is quite noticeable. That's all I really have to say, great work with the sprite so far.

Looks good so far. One thing I'd do with both sprites is make the 'spiked' segments larger, as the size difference between said segments and the smaller ones is quite noticeable. That's all I really have to say, great work with the sprite so far.
Alright, thanks for the heads up, I'll fiddle around with it and see what I can do, when I look at Mega Steelix in game they seem longer and wider too, I'll try that

SteelixBack-Mega.png
I guess I lied, so Monday should be the last day, I did try enlarging all the "crystals" jutting out of his body but I think it looks mostly decent, or maybe I'm wrong, I would love some tips

hi

Layell has been urging me to make an update, so here it is. Unfortunately, it's been about six months since my last post here, and it's because most of my free time was spent on writing and editing articles rather than spriting while I was modding The Smog.

Lots of shiny swaps and minor QC below. Most are rather old (from before the start of summer) with the exception of Klefki, which I was working on this week.

View attachment 48391
View attachment 48392
View attachment 48393
View attachment 48394
View attachment 48395
View attachment 48396
View attachment 48397
View attachment 48398
View attachment 48401

Feedback is welcome.

Snivy101 (Chris White) Don't forget that Honedge requires two sets of yellows for the shiny version to work.

seleccion Avoid animating things that haven't been approved yet or don't belong to the project (such as this last page's Clauncher).

EDIT: Fixed an error on Klefki and adding Vivillon to the line-up.

View attachment 48400

Integer Mova I'm sure no one would mind.
I still think Klefki's eyes would look better like this:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
"Pika-Pika mother fuckers" shoutes Pikachu Libre calling from Pokken.
PikachuLibre.png
I honestly have no clue if this is my most recent or not as the last time I actually touched this little butt was months ago before the summer started I think. Gonna say this here and now though, we either need to make all the Pikachu the same or all different, there is no in between. They would all look out of place (and I really think they do atm). God I am really sick of seeing pikachu even if he is one of my favorites, does he really need to fill up Pokken twice?
Alright, since I have yet to actually touch any pokemon in awhile (although I am currently creating a front and a back for a certain Pokemon hint-hint), this is more or less "hey this is my latest thing I did, give feedback plz."

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"Pika-Pika mother fuckers" shoutes Pikachu Libre calling from Pokken.
View attachment 48757 I honestly have no clue if this is my most recent or not as the last time I actually touched this little butt was months ago before the summer started I think. Gonna say this here and now though, we either need to make all the Pikachu the same or all different, there is no in between. They would all look out of place (and I really think they do atm). God I am really sick of seeing pikachu even if he is one of my favorites, does he really need to fill up Pokken twice?
Alright, since I have yet to actually touch any pokemon in awhile (although I am currently creating a front and a back for a certain Pokemon hint-hint), this is more or less "hey this is my latest thing I did, give feedback plz."
overall its nice. The only thing that is a bit off are the arms. His right arm is kinda stubby while his left arm could prob use a pixel or 2 extra forearm. Think luchachu should have a more intimidating look on its face but it still looks good imo (especially since there isnt much room there to move things around).

View attachment 48758

WIP edit of Florges. Having difficulty with the colour limit and getting the other forms to look nice.

View attachment 48761

Minor QC on Goodra with shiny versions.

View attachment 48762

Slight edits to Bergmite's fronts. Updated Avalugg.

View attachment 48759
View attachment 48760

Small changes to Swirlix's and Sylveon's fronts.

But when it comes to Honedge, couldn't it be treated in the same way as Helioptile? Having the same colors but only part of those colors being recolored?
Not sure what you mean here. Helioptile uses five shades of yellow for the shiny to work. Three become red on the shiny while the other two remain yellow.

Also, Mega Gengar is partially submerged in the underworld, or whatever it is. When it lifts its arms, there's actually more underneath, including hands. Unless I misinterpreted the sprite and it's just moving its arms closer to it, in which case this post is moot.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Also, Mega Gengar is partially submerged in the underworld, or whatever it is. When it lifts its arms, there's actually more underneath, including hands. Unless I misinterpreted the sprite and it's just moving its arms closer to it, in which case this post is moot.
It is moving it's arms towards it's body, but it's not being shown correctly at all, making it look awkward. I really have no clue what it's back spikes are doing though.

Here
SteelixBack-Mega.png
I thinks its ok, except for the chin part, but maybe it can be fixed later, kinda hd to ush the last bit, so forgive me for being a bit sloppy

What would YOU do for a Klondike bar?

What I met was there a image you guys used at 500x400 which you resized to 96x96 for example? Meaning does anyone have third original sized image above 100x100?

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
What I met was there a image you guys used at 500x400 which you resized to 96x96 for example? Meaning does anyone have third original sized image above 100x100?
All of our sprites are 96x96, the only time they come out of the that frame is when the animation stretches it. Unless one of posted a rough draft there is no "original sprite" that exceeds 96, The only time we use other images is if we use the Suigimori artwork, not sure how the others do that as most of my work isn't done with it.

View attachment 48892
View attachment 48893

Edits of The Cynical Poet's Litleo and Wobblebuns's eternal Floette. I feel content enough with how the shading on Litleo's front sprite turned out, and Layell agreed that this is ready for approval.

View attachment 48894
View attachment 48895

Updated the palette on these two and made sure that the shiny versions worked. Both are exactly at 16 colours. The scabbard on Honedge is from a QC by aXl from a while ago.

View attachment 48896
View attachment 48897

No clue if Legit will like these at all but I focused on editing the shield patterns to get them to look more consistent. The arms were untouched, so the animation is still valid.

Typhlito I like the flashiness of Heliolisk's animation, but the tail seems crooked as it moves. It looks like you might've redrawn the outlines on frames where they got pixellated and distorted the shape of the tail.

TrainerSplash I don't see a large difference between the old and new versions, although I do agree that the forms need to be either all the same or all different.

mega altaria.png
I wasn't sure if it was ok to change this, but my OCD can't take it anymore, the dark colored version on Showdown really bothers me.

Ples don't shoot me Cynical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)