General Introduce yourself!

Hello! I'm Arquad. I've been lurking the Strategy Pokedex and playing on Pokemon Showdown as Arquad on and off for a while now, so I finally decided to make a forum account. My first game was Gold, and I've always had fun with pokemon, though I didn't really get into any competitive aspects of pokemon until XY.

I like IV breeding and building competitive teams, though I'm somewhat amateur at the latter, and I tend to make teams that ignore tiers in XY/ORAS. I also like building teams in some of the more unorthodox metagames like OU Monos and Balanced Hackmons.

I'll probably still lurk a good amount, especially with college coming back into the picture, but it's great to meet you all!
Hello! I like Balanced Hackmons a lot too, and it's cool that you're doing some of the under-appreciated metas. Nice to meet you!

Hi mi name's enrico, I'm from italy and when I have to build a team whatching how pokemon are built here in the smogon dex is always my first choiche, so now I create an account so I can post my team and hope to receive helps to improve myself ☺

Hey everybody, name is vivek and i come from the central US near chicago. Joined the forums after wanting to get more involved than just PS ladder matches, Hope to learn and be able to contribute.

Welcome to Smogon! This is the forum where basically... everything about Smogon is found. That includes a place to introduce yourself (so fitting into the community is easier!)

The purpose of this thread is so you can introduce yourself, you can get chatting with older Smogoners (and other new Smogoners, like yourself) and hopefully form a few friendships from this too.

Also, new users that want to chat with other fellow new users outside of this thread should use http://spo.ink/sihc and follow the prompts! A few regulars will hang out there too in case you have any questions about this place.

IMPORTANT THINGS

You can post as much as you want in this thread.

The cool thing is now you can introduce yourself, and if someone wants to know a bit more about you, they'll send you a reply here, and you can essentially hang out here at first. Once you feel familiar with someone, you can take the conversation to private message or visitor message. Obviously if things go a little too off-topic we'll suggest you take it privately, but while you're getting started here this is your hangout!

Only new users should introduce themselves, but older returning members can introduce themselves as well.
While only relatively new users (or returning members) can introduce themselves, we'd love it if our older members and mentors greeted people in the thread here and replied to their posts.

Finally, please don't post more than once in a row, thanks!

FIND POSTING HERE REALLY AWKWARD???

If you find posting in this thread really awkward and don't know what to say, here's a few things you can discuss that can break the ice.
  • Your favourite Pokemon
  • Are you on PS?
  • What you plan to do here
  • Things you might need help with
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that
  • Favourite Pokemon games
And so on. This thread just helps us get to know you a little better, and helps you feel a little less intimidated suddenly jumping into other areas where people may not be as nice as they are here (and if that's the case, this can be your Smogon happy place!)

OTHER

If you have the time, please do reply to 'What brought you to Smogon?'. We're interested in knowing what exactly brought you here!

On another note if you need help around here, you can use the Help form!

Final note: You can obtain a badge from helping out here. If you contribute solid welcome posts for a six month period you could be nominated for pre-contributor! However said posts need to not be c/p posts, I can tell the difference between someone genuinely helping out and someone who just wants a badge. Thanks to all the welcome team though you guys are awesome!
I'm new here Hey I would like to know the policy for RMT. I really want people to rate my teams. Follow me if you want to rate teams, but please let me know the policy

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi mi name's enrico, I'm from italy and when I have to build a team whatching how pokemon are built here in the smogon dex is always my first choiche, so now I create an account so I can post my team and hope to receive helps to improve myself ☺
Hi Sackboy-XIII-!
Welcome to the site! Yes, the Smogon Dex is very helpful when finding sets for members of a team, so I've found. :) You can post your team in the Rate My Team section of the forums. Make sure to follow the rules, and be sure to create your post in the appropriate format. As long as you follow the rules, you should be just fine! Some team raters allow for requests, so if you'd like a specific team rater to help you improve your team, just ask them. If you'd like to hang out with other new users, join our IRC chat here. You can make some good friends and receive valuable advice on how to go about competitive battling if you're interested. Otherwise, if you need anything else, feel free to PM me, Chesty, or Fluke. Have a fun time here!
Hey everybody, name is vivek and i come from the central US near chicago. Joined the forums after wanting to get more involved than just PS ladder matches, Hope to learn and be able to contribute.
Hello qc2chd!
Nice to meet you! Well, do you have any specific areas in mind you'd like to help contribute to? For instance, do you enjoy the in-game aspect of Pokemon? If so, the Orange Islands subforum is the place for you. Do you like to battle and trade with other people? Or maybe breeding for competitive Pokemon is a hobby of yours? If this is the case, check out the Wi-Fi forum to find other users with the same interests. You can even create your own trading thread once you have a good set of Pokemon to trade if you'd like. Regardless of where you want to contribute to, just make sure you follow the rules and you'll be a-okay! :) Should you have questions, you can ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread, the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or PM me or the friendly users I tagged above. Anyway, have a good time and I'll see you around!
I'm new here Hey I would like to know the policy for RMT. I really want people to rate my teams. Follow me if you want to rate teams, but please let me know the policy
Hello Vert84!
To create an RMT, first locate the subforum your team fits under (ORAS OU, ORAS Other Teams, etc.). Once you've found which subforum you'd like to post in, you can start to create your post. There are two threads you are required to read over before you post a team, however. These guides are the How to make an RMT thread and the Forum Guidelines thread. Format your team accordingly and make sure to adhere to the rules as your post progresses. Once you're sure your RMT is complete and does not break the rules, you can post, and team raters will visit to suggest improvements! Good luck! n_n

Hi everyone! I've been playing Pokemon every since I was young but it's only now I've really gotten interested in competitive battling and breeding, which althought I'm still a novice at I'm enjoying! Looking forward to creating teams and starting battling.

Hellooooo, people of Smogon!! Did you say hello back? No? Ok.

My name is TheFoxSpirit (duh) and I have been on the Pokemon scene for two years now (Not too bad, I guess). I'm pretty good at competitive battling, and I don't report to the Smogon moveset recommendations ALL the time for Pokemon.
All the time.

Aaaaaaanyway, I only just joined yesterday, but I did sign up for a tutor job as well as posting a couple of things here on the Smog. Love helping new people, it makes me feel so smart. Can't wait to get my groove on!

Ugh, I can't believe I just said groove..
Hey, would someone please properly slap my nose off of my face? Thank you.

Hi everyone! I've been playing Pokemon every since I was young but it's only now I've really gotten interested in competitive battling and breeding, which althought I'm still a novice at I'm enjoying! Looking forward to creating teams and starting battling.
If you want some help feel free to check out the chat room for new users http://spo.ink/sihchat. Also I have a Skype and it would be awesome if you added me and plus I can add you to a group chat where you can talk about other Pokemon stuff. If you want to get good at battling you should definitely check out the smogon strategy dex and also play a ton of Pokemon showdown. By playing a ton of showdown you learn more about the tier that your playing in and you get familiar with the metagame. To get better though takes a while and I can help you as well. Feel free to message me if you need something.
Hellooooo, people of Smogon!! Did you say hello back? No? Ok.

My name is TheFoxSpirit (duh) and I have been on the Pokemon scene for two years now (Not too bad, I guess). I'm pretty good at competitive battling, and I don't report to the Smogon moveset recommendations ALL the time for Pokemon.
All the time.

Aaaaaaanyway, I only just joined yesterday, but I did sign up for a tutor job as well as posting a couple of things here on the Smog. Love helping new people, it makes me feel so smart. Can't wait to get my groove on!

Ugh, I can't believe I just said groove..
Hey, would someone please properly slap my nose off of my face? Thank you.
The tutor program you need recommendations from well known users that can vouche for your skills. It probably will take you a while to get close to what the expectations are for the requirements to be a tutor. However if you like to help which I do to then check out the rate my team thread. You can rate people's teams and help them improve there teams. If you know about breeding IVs and EvS then you can host a trade thread or giveaway thread in the wifi forums. Also if you like helping out new users http://spo.ink/sihchat is the place to go. Also if you add me on skype there are plenty of new users in my group chat that would like tons of help.
I have been here for quite a while but never bothered to introduce myself. I am TheOPGallade. I have been doing OU for quite a while now and know all the standard sets in the meta currently. If you want a battle add my friend code from my signature and PM me with your friend code and IGN.
Well your familiar with the site to an extent I can tell. If you need something or want to battle feel free to add me on skype.

Enjoy smogon guys.

QueBien

Hello everyone, i just came here to say hi :)
Been a veteran pokemon player and play VGC battles a lot.
Hi WarWeeny!
Welcome to the forums! I haven't played too long, having started playing Pokemon a couple of years back, but competitively only a little more than a year ago. VGC is one of the few tiers I have not played yet. :/ I play a lot of other tiers, though, and my favorites I have found to be are Random Battles, 1v1 and its variants, and Monotype. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, and I use it often on my teams. Anyway, if you need any help during your stay at Smogon, feel free to ask questions in the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, the Smogon Simple Questions thread, or PM me, Chesty, or Fluke. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hey folks! I've been lurking around the site for a few years now, and finally decided I'd join up because you know, why not. I've never really been interested in competitive play, and thought after way over a decade of playing it's a round high time to get in to it!

Hello there names silent been playing pokemon since first gen came out never really gotten into competitive battling till my cousin got me onto Pokémon showdown I enjoy it a lot uu and ou are the tiers I'm most familiar with so far still learning and heracross is my favorite pokemon hope everyone has a great day later

Hello,my name is Samuel.
I'm a LC Player and Monotype Player and in general a competitive player since BW2/Early XY.
My favorite Pokèmon is Avalugg.
Glad to be there,bye.

QueBien

Hey folks! I've been lurking around the site for a few years now, and finally decided I'd join up because you know, why not. I've never really been interested in competitive play, and thought after way over a decade of playing it's a round high time to get in to it!
Hi Caykee!
Great you decided to join! I joined a while back, but I didn't really get involved with the forums until a little less than a year ago. However, I'm glad I did! I'm decent at competitive battling, but decent is a lot more than I could say than when I first got started with Showdown. What tiers do you like? If you don't really know where to start, I'd highly recommend Random Battles and 1v1 to start you off. I have to say, Monotype and Random Battles have to be my favorite tiers. Well, if you need anything during your stay here at Smogon, feel free to PM me, Chesty, or Fluke. You can also use the Questions threads or the Help form. Otherwise, just enjoy your time here! n_n
Hello there names silent been playing pokemon since first gen came out never really gotten into competitive battling till my cousin got me onto Pokémon showdown I enjoy it a lot uu and ou are the tiers I'm most familiar with so far still learning and heracross is my favorite pokemon hope everyone has a great day later
Hello Silentsmoke!
Welcome to the site! I've been wanting to play the first and second generation games for a while now, but I haven't really gotten to it. My first game was Emerald, which remains my all-time favorite today. One of my good friends finally introduced me to PS! early last year, and I've been hooked to the whole competitive scene ever since! Say, have you taken a look at the UnderUsed and OverUsed Competitive Discussions here at Smogon? That may be an area you'd like to get involved in. You might also find the UU and OU rooms in Showdown fun places to be. My favorite Pokemon happens to be Bisharp, but close seconds are Lucario, Scizor, and Genesect (as you can see, I love steel types c: ). Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, and I'll try to help as much as I can. Be sure to check out our IRC chat here if you want to chat with other newcomers. Have a great time here!
Hello,my name is Samuel.
I'm a LC Player and Monotype Player and in general a competitive player since BW2/Early XY.
My favorite Pokèmon is Avalugg.
Glad to be there,bye.
Welcome SamuelBestt!
I also enjoy LC. I used to play it a lot, but I've recently gotten more involved with Monotype, which has become one of my top favorite tiers. Although my favorite type is Steel, I tend to use Bug the most, because Bug is my best type, and well, I'm terribad with Steel monos. :/ Generation 5 was great; I really enjoyed it. However, I only got started with competitive battling a little while after the release of XY. My favorite Pokemon has been Bisharp when I first found it in UU oh so long ago. UU used to be one of my best tiers until Bisharp got banned to OU. :[ Anyway, don't hesitate to post in the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads. Have fun here!
I'm DaRizzle and I'm 14
Nice to meet you DaRizzleMyShizzle!
Welcome to Smogon! Are there any particular areas of the forums you'd like to get to know better? We have a wide range of areas for you to choose from, from Wi-Fi to Competitive Discussions to Firebot. Go ahead and explore the forums if you're interested. Otherwise, use the threads I mentioned above if you need help with anything, or PM me or the users I tagged above. Well, have a nice stay here, and I'll see you around! :)

Hi guys, i'm Alvin. I'm relatively new to battling but I would say i have quite a bit of knowledge about strategies etc, since I love watching battles and such on youtube. If anyone wants to talk or help me not suck at battling i guess, feel free to pm :)
Also, if anyone cares i'm Alvinn on showdown.
See ya.

Hi guys, i'm Alvin. I'm relatively new to battling but I would say i have quite a bit of knowledge about strategies etc, since I love watching battles and such on youtube. If anyone wants to talk or help me not suck at battling i guess, feel free to pm :)
Also, if anyone cares i'm Alvinn on showdown.
See ya.
Welcome to smogon dude. The best place to go for battling is the strategy dex great place for new users and you should also do a lot more Pokemon showdown because it will help you get a little more familiar with the tier. You can message me Fluke and QueBien for help. Also I have a Skype feel free to add me so I can add you to the group chat. Enjoy smogon

Badass Lugia

formerly Bacent
Hi, I'm new here, and I am a TCG player (very casual player). The name's Bacent, but you can also call me Lugia, after my absolute favorite Pokemon. I'm here to chill and have fun.

New to the forums! I mostly play Singles mixed OU but it's mostly for fun. I'm not a huge competitive battler by any means but I enjoy it! Hoping to find matches easier over here since the gamefaqs battle forums are really slow and finding random people online has its up and downs (mostly downs <_<)

Huei

Banned deucer.
Hi everyone :) !
I'm new on the forum, even if i'm an old player (playin since the DP meta). My goals here is to make some new friends around Pokemon and competitions, and obviously i'll try to reach the top. But my first goal is to first have fun with you !

I hope i will make some contacts :).
I would like to Skype with some players to prepare for the Smogon Tour etc !

Last edited:

QueBien

Hi, I'm new here, and I am a TCG player (very casual player). The name's Bacent, but you can also call me Lugia, after my absolute favorite Pokemon. I'm here to chill and have fun.
Hi Bacent!
I hope you're enjoying your stay here! :) I've never really delved into the TCG side of Pokemon, as I prefer regular battling, like Monotype nowadays. I do play a lot of OU, too, but I'd have to say Random Battle is my absolute favorite tier. I do like quite a few Pokemon, but I'd have to say Bisharp is my favorite. Genesect is my favorite legendary, though. Are there any areas of Smogon you'd like to get involved in? I also returned to Smogon thinking I'd just hang around and see what's going on, but as you can see, I got a lot more involved in the forums than I expected. If you have any questions during the time that you spend here, feel free to go to Chesty, Fluke, or me for help. Otherwise, have fun!
New to the forums! I mostly play Singles mixed OU but it's mostly for fun. I'm not a huge competitive battler by any means but I enjoy it! Hoping to find matches easier over here since the gamefaqs battle forums are really slow and finding random people online has its up and downs (mostly downs <_<)
Hey Candido0411!
Nice to meet you and welcome to Smogon! I do play OU (very casually), but I tend to play the several variants of Random Battles that exist, simply because I find it fun not knowing what team I might get and making the best of it. I battle for fun, and am by no means a truly competitive player, but I know enough. I'm not too familiar with gamefaqs but the site usually has answers to any questions about videogames in general that I may have. I can definitely relate to having more downs than ups in competitive battling. >_> However, with enough time and effort you can turn that around! Be sure to look over the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread should you find yourself needing answers to questions. Besides that, just have a good time! :)
Hi everyone :) !
I'm new on the forum, even if i'm an old player (playin since the DP meta). My goals here is to make some new friends around Pokemon and competitions, and obviously i'll try to reach the top. But my first goal is to first have fun with you !

I hope i will make some contacts :).
Hello Huei!
Great you created an account! I'm a somewhat experienced player, I guess, having joined in on the competitive scene around the time when XY were released, thanks to a good friend. I didn't really pay much attention to Smogon even after I first created this account, only really getting involved a few months later when I remembered this place existed. Since then I've met a lot of great people here, and I'm sure you'll have no trouble doing the same! We have quite a few subforums to offer, so feel free to take a look around and see what might interest you. Don't hesitate to use the threads I mentioned above or PM me or the users I tagged if you have questions. Well, that's about it for now. Enjoy your time exploring the forums! n_n

Hola Smogon people!!!! I am Bronze, and I have been apart of PS of a little bit now. I have been into Pokemon for a long while now, and I love to talk with people with the same intrests as me. I have recently gotten into competitive battles in ORAS(breeding is hard). I also really like battling(It is life.) So once again HELLO!!!!

Hola Smogon people!!!! I am Bronze, and I have been apart of PS of a little bit now. I have been into Pokemon for a long while now, and I love to talk with people with the same intrests as me. I have recently gotten into competitive battles in ORAS(breeding is hard). I also really like battling(It is life.) So once again HELLO!!!!
Hey hello Bronze, welcome to Smogon. I also like both breeding and battling. Which one do you like more? I used to like battling more, but I just really hate it when RNG turns against me and I lose because if it. It makes me wonder how an RNG based game like Pokemon could ever be competitive.

Anyhow, do you already know the forums a bit, or do you need someone to show you around? Let us know!

Hey guys, I'm Remi, Ice is my favourite type and Glaceon is my favourite Pokémon. I've been breeding Pokémon for a while but I've finally decided to get into competitive battling, thus I've come to Smogon. I'm planning to focus on the NU tier so any tips on that would be great (I'm Mikuza on Showdown). Really looking forward to making new friends on here~

Hey guys, I'm Remi, Ice is my favourite type and Glaceon is my favourite Pokémon. I've been breeding Pokémon for a while but I've finally decided to get into competitive battling, thus I've come to Smogon. I'm planning to focus on the NU tier so any tips on that would be great (I'm Mikuza on Showdown). Really looking forward to making new friends on here~
Hey Remi, welcome to Smogon! I always get Glaceon when I'm on random battles, and I never know how to successfully use it. Guess I'm not a real Glaceon lover like you ;w;

Anyway, I also love the NU tier. If you need any help with your teams (or want to help others with their teams) you should definitely check out the Rate My Team section. But be sure to carefully read the rules first, though!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)