Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway..

I'm hesitating to buy a Nintendo 2DS. I've pretty much owned every single Nintendo handheld, and I figured I personally prefer the ones that you don't physically have to 'open', like the Game Boy Advance SP for instance. They seem so fragile and I don't like that. All the Nintendo DS consoles are like that, and the 3DS XL even has this obnoxious 'snap' sound when you open and close it, which I can't stress enough about. Until the 2DS came out.

Just like the GBC and GBA, the 2DS just seems to look more robust than other Nintendo handhelds you have to 'clap' open. I currently own a 3DS XL, and I like it a lot. I think I'll be missing the big screen, but I can imagine the 2DS will be really satisfying to hold for my hands. I'm just craving the satisfaction of holding this one solid piece again, instead of cringing all the time because I feel the two screens are kept together by a thin unstable rod.

wat do?

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I'm hesitating to buy a Nintendo 2DS. I've pretty much owned every single Nintendo handheld, and I figured I personally prefer the ones that you don't physically have to 'open', like the Game Boy Advance SP for instance. They seem so fragile and I don't like that. All the Nintendo DS consoles are like that, and the 3DS XL even has this obnoxious 'snap' sound when you open and close it, which I can't stress enough about. Until the 2DS came out.

Just like the GBC and GBA, the 2DS just seems to look more robust than other Nintendo handhelds you have to 'clap' open. I currently own a 3DS XL, and I like it a lot. I think I'll be missing the big screen, but I can imagine the 2DS will be really satisfying to hold for my hands. I'm just craving the satisfaction of holding this one solid piece again, instead of cringing all the time because I feel the two screens are kept together by a thin unstable rod.

wat do?
If you want it and have the money, buy it. Simple as that.

Hopefully this sort of question is allowed because I need a bit of help with my Powersaves: before there was a Powersaves software that works for Mac, I used Virtual Box to run Powersaves, so all my backup saves are in my pseudo-Windows files. iirc, I can uninstall Powersaves on Virtual Box and then re-install it directly on my Mac to reuse my license key, but will that transfer my backup saves? I'm guessing not, so if I transferred those saves from Virtual Box directly to the appropriate folders on my Mac, would I be able to access those saves like normal? I have a lot of important spreads saved, but running Virtual Box is such a pain so I'd really like to try using it directly on my Mac ;;
Anyone? ><

I was actually asking for personal opinions and pros/cons to help me decide. I have the money, yes, but I'm not going to carelessly spend it.
I use a 2Ds and I got no probs with it..u can also buy a 'skin' for it like u would for a smart phone for some added protection although the one I got is wafer thin so I just don't drop it! Not made with the same quality as the 3Ds but u get what u pay for..i like it but don't have a 3DsXL screen to compare it too!

Question. It's not possible to get a HP Flying Thundurus in Alpha Sapphire right?
For all intents and purposes, it's impossible to get a usable one. You'd need to have the 31/31/31/e/e/e spread, so usable would mean 31/31/31/30/28 or 30/30. Which is extremely implausible.

For all intents and purposes, it's impossible to get a usable one. You'd need to have the 31/31/31/e/e/e spread, so usable would mean 31/31/31/30/28 or 30/30. Which is extremely implausible.
Darn then I guess I'll have to see if anyone has a Timid Prankster Thundurus with HP Flying for trade because that's just too tedious to soft reset

wat do?
I'd get one, definitely! I have a 3DS XL, a 2DS, and a New Nintendo 3DS (JAP), I got them in that order (wanted to be able to trade with myself, I didn't get the Japanese one til later).

I LOVE my 2DS, it's my second favorite of the 3 (New Nintendo 3DS is number 1, the screen size And everything about it is perfect). But yeah, the 2DS is really comfortable to play on and the smaller screen isn't that bad, it actually makes it feel more HD - so I actually prefer it over an XL screen.

Anyway, in summary, I think if you get a 2DS you definitely WON'T regret it. :)

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Darn then I guess I'll have to see if anyone has a Timid Prankster Thundurus with HP Flying for trade because that's just too tedious to soft reset
i havent captured the thundurus from my whit cart yet, however thats not the spread i was after. if you make a nice offer, ill happily rng that spread for you, but itd have to be probably 3:1 since it takes all that time to run thru the game. pm me if youre interested

edit: plus thundos a toughy

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Anyone? ><
Ehh I'll take a stab at it. Note that I don't have a mac.

Iirc, your license is good for a few computers (3?), so you might not have to even uninstall it. I currently have it on 2 windows computers with 1 license key. Assuming there isn't a mac-specific file extension, your saves should still work if you transfer them over. Your saves won't be transferred over when you install it, so you would have to do that manually.

So assuming the file extension/format is the same on a mac and windows computer (which I think it would be), then you should be fine to just transfer the files. So a couple things you could try:

1) Try installing it on a mac and then copying your saves over and see what happens, without uninstalling it on your VB. At the very worst it will just tell you you can't install it because you met a license quota.

If this fails,

2) Copy the saves to a jump drive (or a similar device), uninstall it on your VB, and install Powersaves on the mac. Move the backups to the mac, and see if it works. If not, then just reinstall it on the VB and you're no worse off. I have moved saves to a jump drive and back, and they still work as normal.

LF PGL Pikachu Codes.

CMT for it. Willing to give distribution rights to my pokemon. Don't have any of the Gen 6 shinies and I haven't updated that so basically just my RNGs.

Edited with specific list.

Here is everything up for trade. Redis rights negotiable:

[#150 - Mewtwo]
OT: Pヒルズ | ID: 06153
Ability: Unnerve | Nature: Timid | Gender: Genderless
IVs: 31 | 00 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EVs: Trained upon request.
BR: Request.
UT: Psystrike | Ice Beam | Heal Pulse | Hurricane
UT Tutored: Icy Wind | Magic Coat | Heal Pulse | Hurricane
Level: 100 | Non-Redistributable
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[#150 - Mewtwo]
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[#381 - Latios]
OT: Ash | ID: 00000
Ability: Levitate | Nature: Timid | Gender: Male
IVs: 31 | xx | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
UT: Psycho Shift | Dragon Dance | Psychic | Heal Pulse
Level: UT 68 / 100 BR | Non-Redistributable
Note: Not transferred.
[#383]
[Groudon]

OT: ルビー | ID: 11212 | Ø
Ability: Drought | Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | 31 | 31 (Electric)
UT: Eruption | Hammer Arm | Earth Power | Solar Beam

Ability: Drought | Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 06 | 31 | 31 (Electric)
[#385]
[Jirachi]

OT: たなばた | ID: 08013 | Ø
Ability: Serene Grace | Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 (Electric)
UT: Draco Meteor | Meteor Mash | Wish | Follow Me
UT Tutored: Stealth Rock | Iron Head | Trick | Fire Punch
[#386]
[Deoxys]

OT: マスダ | ID: 12152 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Jolly
UT: Nasty Plot | Dark Pulse | Recover | Psycho Boost
[#484]
[Palkia]

OT: SUM2013 | ID: 09093 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Hydro Pump | Draco Meteor | Spacial Rend | Aura Sphere
[#487]
[Giratina]

OT: SUM2013 | ID: 09303 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Adamant
UT: Dragon Pulse | Dragon Claw | Aura Sphere | Shadow Force

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Careful

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Rash

[#488]
[Cresselia]

OT: Ash | ID: 00000 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Bold
IVs: 31 | 09 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Future Sight | Slash | Moonlight | Psycho Cut
Lv. 68
[#493]
[Victini]

OT: トウホク | ID: 11252 | Ø
Ability: Victory Star | Nature: Jolly
UT: V-Create | Blue Flare | Bolt Strike | Glaciate
Non-Redis
[#566 - #567]
[Archen - Archeops]

OT: キャンプ | ID: 07192 | ♂
Ability: Defeatist | Nature: Naive
UT: Head Smash | Wing Attack | Double Team | Scary Face
Non-Redis
[#638]
[Cobalion]

Ability: Justified | Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 01 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Helping Hand | Retaliate | Iron Head | Sacred Sword
Non-Redis
[/B][/B]

IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 20 | 31 | 31 (Electric)
Non-Redis

Ability: Justified | Nature: Jolly
Non-Redis
[#647]
[Keldeo]

OT: しょこたん | ID: 06232 | Ø
Ability: Justified | Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 | 29 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Aqua Jet | Leer | Double Kick | Bubblebeam
Non-Redis
[#648]
[Meloetta]

OT: えいがかん | ID: 07142 | Ø
Ability: Serene Grace | Nature: Naive
UT: Round | Quick Attack | Confusion
Non-Redis

LF PGL Pikachu Codes. What do u want for jirachi and vivtini? Oh and mewtwo

CMT for it. Willing to give distribution rights to my pokemon. Don't have any of the Gen 6 shinies and I haven't updated that so basically just my RNGs.

Edited with specific list.

Here is everything up for trade. Redis rights negotiable:

[#150 - Mewtwo]
IVs: 31 | 00 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
UT Tutored: Icy Wind | Magic Coat | Heal Pulse | Hurricane

[#150 - Mewtwo]
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

[#381 - Latios]
OT: Ash | ID: 00000
Ability: Levitate | Nature: Timid | Gender: Male
IVs: 31 | xx | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
UT: Psycho Shift | Dragon Dance | Psychic | Heal Pulse
Level: UT 68 / 100 BR | Non-Redistributable
Note: Not transferred.
[#383]
[Groudon]

Ability: Drought | Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | 31 | 31 (Electric)

Ability: Drought | Nature: Jolly
[#385]
[Jirachi]

OT: たなばた | ID: 08013 | Ø
Ability: Serene Grace | Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 (Electric)
UT: Draco Meteor | Meteor Mash | Wish | Follow Me
UT Tutored: Stealth Rock | Iron Head | Trick | Fire Punch
[#386]
[Deoxys]

OT: マスダ | ID: 12152 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Jolly
UT: Nasty Plot | Dark Pulse | Recover | Psycho Boost
[#484]
[Palkia]

OT: SUM2013 | ID: 09093 | Ø
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Timid
UT: Hydro Pump | Draco Meteor | Spacial Rend | Aura Sphere
[#487]
[Giratina]

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Adamant

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Careful

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Rash

[#488]
[Cresselia]

Ability: Pressure | Nature: Bold
IVs: 31 | 09 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Future Sight | Slash | Moonlight | Psycho Cut
Lv. 68
[#493]
[Victini]

OT: トウホク | ID: 11252 | Ø
Ability: Victory Star | Nature: Jolly
UT: V-Create | Blue Flare | Bolt Strike | Glaciate
Non-Redis
[#566 - #567]
[Archen - Archeops]

OT: キャンプ | ID: 07192 | ♂
Ability: Defeatist | Nature: Naive
UT: Head Smash | Wing Attack | Double Team | Scary Face
Non-Redis
[#638]
[Cobalion]

IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 01 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
Non-Redis
[/B][/B]

Non-Redis

Ability: Justified | Nature: Jolly
Non-Redis
[#647]
[Keldeo]

OT: しょこたん | ID: 06232 | Ø
Ability: Justified | Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 | 29 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Dark)
UT: Aqua Jet | Leer | Double Kick | Bubblebeam
Non-Redis
[#648]
[Meloetta]

OT: えいがかん | ID: 07142 | Ø
Ability: Serene Grace | Nature: Naive
UT: Round | Quick Attack | Confusion
Non-Redis

Um w

What's vm ?
XD it's ok dude I was lost to when I was new. As we speak I'm getting my hoopa cloned dude:) I'll have a copy tomorrow feel free to message me so we can work out a trade.

Also I got pikachu so what's a good nature to soft reset probably gonna make a very very good attempt at going flawless or bust on this one so thoughts on natures?

Edit: rellyms yes of course you should soft reset rayquaza

XD it's ok dude I was lost to when I was new. As we speak I'm getting my hoopa cloned dude:) I'll have a copy tomorrow feel free to message me so we can work out a trade. Cool. My buddy try to do a qr today but he could not do it he spent like 2 hrs trying to do it

Also I got pikachu so what's a good nature to soft reset probably gonna make a very very good attempt at going flawless or bust on this one so thoughts on natures?

Please please do not send me anything QR. I'll take a capture project or anything else I'm very flexible. Also please post on my wall. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)