WhoNeedsHo (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

So Cobalion's my usual lead as he ties with the 108 speed and out speeds the slow openers by far. So the moves are pretty standard so they shouldn't require too much explanation but here goes. T Wave is basically here to open with on a counter lead such as Infernape because this will give you free rocks next turn whether he taunts again or not. The last two moves are pretty basic as you've got Volt Switch so you're not unnecessarily sacrificing Pokemon and you can break opening sashes if all goes according to plan. Iron Heads basically just here to check Fairy types . Taunts basically here for hazard and status control. Nothing too special in this EV spread just some attack and enough speed to die with the full 108 base.

InstaWins (Breloom) @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Not much to say here this is basically the standard Breloom set. We've got Spore to cripple them right off the bat, hopefully with your sash intact.Someone was pointing this out to me earlier as fighting already has terrible hazard control why not just Life Orb Breloom and hit Flying Types even Harder. Then you're just gonna set up with swords dance in the right match up. Then basically just click Bullet Seed and win there's really nothing special going on here. While the points I just said are valid I still think that Focus Sash set can help you out in some match ups so it's still good and what I run on the real team. Nothing special here at all with the EV's just the standard.

SanicSpeed! (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 36 HP / 100 Atk / 144 Def / 176 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

So basically I just wrote a post suggesting Conkeldurr should be moved up to A-Rank so I'll link that at the bottom of this post but here goes anyways. We've got a pretty basic move set here which offers some decent coverage. Mach Punch is pretty simple just gives you some nice priority which is basically fights foundation for success. Drain Punch will give you some sustain while also offering a pretty powerful stab attack which is always nice. Ice Punch is basically here to help with Dragon and Flying which both give fighting trouble and Knock Off does basically the same thing but for Ghost and Psychic while also helping knock off those pesky eviolites. We've actually got something going on here with the Ev's and I've found it to be pretty valuable. Conks got enough bulk to take a Play Rough from Azu and can Out speed uninvested Azumarill to Knock that Sitrus Berry off. Conks also a pretty good switch cause he guarantees you knowing whether he's Sap Sipper or Huge Power. This can also be done by Cobalion especially if you're running the Volt Switch Variant.

SweeperKeeper (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Nothing too special going on here but I'll break this down anyways. Close Combats here to dish out insane amount of damage with that 180 power after factoring in stab. Stone Edge is here for more power while also hitting Flying types hard and hitting Psychic Types neutrally. Earthquakes here for basic coverage on electric types and last but not least Iron Head will provide some much needed sweeping ability against fairy if you can find a way to deal with Azumarill. Nothing special to the EV's.

Powah! (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric] / [Flying]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Here agains a pretty standard set but I do think that Hidden Power is pretty important to the teams synergy. It really should be pretty simple if you're running Volt Switch I'd opt for Flying as this team can have trouble in fighting dittos and if you're running Taunt Visa Versa. The rest of the sets pretty standart as Hydro Pump and Secret Sword both hit with extremely powerful Stab and Icy Wind can slow down opponents while also hitting super effectively on Flying types and Dragon types. This EV spread is simple but as a little side bit you can just go ahead and get rid of those attack IVs cause why should we let them get free damage with Foul Play! :P

DETHRONED! (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak/Close Combat
- Knock Off/Close Combat
- Ice Punch/Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt

So this is where the move set is slightly different. I opt for Ice Punch over Swords Dance as I find it helps to have that extra coverage but at the same time you sacrifice some sweeping potential and thats basically the theme of this set. Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt is literally just me being extremely unlucky and preferring 100% accuracy so if you opt for the stronger Zen Headbutt and misses cost you don't come whining back to me! Now the final thing thats weird about this set is the apparent lack of Close Combat. Honestly I rarely find myself upset about the lack of Close Combat as I feel like coverage against weaknesses is more important but honestly if you opt for the more Sweeping based set I wouldn't blame you. Nothing special with the EV's.
Potential Team Swaps
So from my angle you've got 1 major change you can make... Infernape>Cobalion. These guys both have similar roles but I've seen Infernape be effective as a damage deal counter lead rather than a bulky switch in against a weakness. So heres my spin on the Infernape set I'd use to replace Cobalion.

Goku-San (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe or Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat/Mach Punch/Taunt
- Overheat/Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

So again nothing special just more damage in general and can tend to provide more offensive pressure. If you want you could lean more towards a special set where instead of Close Combat you could Mach Punch to clean off Sash'd leads
Threat List

Extreme Physical Walls
I really don't have time to go over every physical wall with an insane amount of defence but a lot of them set things up (Rocks, Curse, etc.) so you may want to switch into Keldeo because otherwise you're gonna get yourself in a very dangerous situation.​

Heracross-Mega is actually a huge threat to this team specifically the bulky variant. Not an extremely common Pokemon but if you suspect you see one you should move fast because otherwise it will just start causing all sorts of problems.

Azumarill is a threat but not so much if you play it right. You're gonna find out pretty quick whether he's Sap Sipper or Huge Power and just play that to your advantage. In the case that he's huge power get Cobalion in there and just Paralyze him and in the Case that He's Sap Sipper just Volt Switch into Keldeo.

Slowbro should be an obvious threat. Your best bet here is to try and get Breloom or Cobalion out to Volt Switch or Spore it hopefully after Conkeldurr has Knocked Off its Leftovers.
Importable Version
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

InstaWins (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Calcs

Well I gotta head off for the night so far I've written this whole thing at around 1 AM so I'm basically dead but I hope you guys can have some feed back for the team before I get on and get these calcs filled in.

Final Words

Really not much to say here honestly just this is my first time making an RMT so sorry if its kinda bad. Other than that feel free to check out my post saying that Conkeldurr should be moved up to A-Rank (He's unranked currently!)Also this is more of a side note but incase you were worried about whether or not I play this team it's my main. Update on this.. My post worked! Conkeldurr is now officially A ranked so I'm happy about that.​
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-viability-rankings.3517737/page-62

Last edited:
Hey Rushster, just some small things. I prefer running Leftovers/Focus Sash>Mental herb on cobalion, also I prefer taunt over volt switch to stop hazards or status getting to you and since you have a nice amount of coverage I'd aim using Sword Dance, Knock off, Psycho Cut, Close combat on Gallade-Mega but again that's your preference. Another thing would be running Rock Tomb>Sword dance on Breloom which will let you hit flying types effectively. Another small change is maybe running Sub/CM Keldeo if you don't want to run Sword Dance on Gallade Mega.

My View Of Generic Fighting

WhoNeedsHo (Cobalion) @ Mental Herb
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch/Taunt
- Stealth Rock

So Cobalion's my usual lead as he ties with the 108 speed and out speeds the slow openers by far. So the moves are pretty standard so they shouldn't require too much explanation but here goes. T Wave is basically here to open with on a counter lead such as Infernape because this will give you free rocks next turn whether he taunts again or not. The last two moves are pretty basic as you've got Volt Switch so you're not unnecessarily sacrificing Pokemon and you can break opening sashes if all goes according to plan. Iron Heads basically just here to check Fairy types and Volt Switch is a nice little thing to do against Azu. If you want to you can replace Volt Switch with taunt because some people prefer to keep rocks off but honestly I feel the volt switch is worth it. Nothing too special in this EV spread just some attack and enough speed to die with the full 108 base.

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Not much to say here this is basically the standard Breloom set. We've got Spore to cripple them right off the bat, hopefully with your sash intact. Then you're just gonna set up with swords dance in the right match up. Then basically just click Bullet Seed and win there's really nothing special going on here. Nothing special here at all with the EV's just the standard.

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

So basically I just wrote a post suggesting Conkeldurr should be moved up to A-Rank so I'll link that at the bottom of this post but here goes anyways. We've got a pretty basic move set here which offers some decent coverage. Mach Punch is pretty simple just gives you some nice priority which is basically fights foundation for success. Drain Punch will give you some sustain while also offering a pretty powerful stab attack which is always nice. Ice Punch is basically here to help with Dragon and Flying which both give fighting trouble and Knock Off does basically the same thing but for Ghost and Psychic while also helping knock off those pesky eviolites. We've actually got something going on here with the Ev's and I've found it to be pretty valuable. Conks got enough bulk to take a Play Rough from Azu and can Out speed uninvested Azumarill to Knock that Sitrus Berry off. Conks also a pretty good switch cause he guarantees you knowing whether he's Sap Sipper or Huge Power. This can also be done by Cobalion especially if you're running the Volt Switch Variant.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Nothing too special going on here but I'll break this down anyways. Close Combats here to dish out insane amount of damage with that 180 power after factoring in stab. Stone Edge is here for more power while also hitting Flying types hard and hitting Psychic Types neutrally. Earthquakes here for basic coverage on electric types and last but not least Iron Head will provide some much needed sweeping ability against fairy if you can find a way to deal with Azumarill. Nothing special to the EV's.

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 31 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric] / [Flying]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Here agains a pretty standard set but I do think that Hidden Power is pretty important to the teams synergy. It really should be pretty simple if you're running Volt Switch I'd opt for Flying as this team can have trouble in fighting dittos and if you're running Taunt Visa Versa. The rest of the sets pretty standart as Hydro Pump and Secret Sword both hit with extremely powerful Stab and Icy Wind can slow down opponents while also hitting super effectively on Flying types and Dragon types. This EV spread is simple but as a little side bit you can just go ahead and get rid of those attack IVs cause why should we let them get free damage with Foul Play! :P

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak/Close Combat
- Knock Off/Close Combat
- Ice Punch/Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt

So this is where the move set is slightly different. I opt for Ice Punch over Swords Dance as I find it helps to have that extra coverage but at the same time you sacrifice some sweeping potential and thats basically the theme of this set. Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt is literally just me being extremely unlucky and preferring 100% accuracy so if you opt for the stronger Zen Headbutt and misses cost you don't come whining back to me! Now the final thing thats weird about this set is the apparent lack of Close Combat. Honestly I rarely find myself upset about the lack of Close Combat as I feel like coverage against weaknesses is more important but honestly if you opt for the more Sweeping based set I wouldn't blame you. Nothing special with the EV's.
Potential Team Swaps
So from my angle you've got 1 major change you can make... Infernape>Cobalion. These guys both have similar roles but I've seen Infernape be effective as a damage deal counter lead rather than a bulky switch in against a weakness. So heres my spin on the Infernape set I'd use to replace Cobalion.

Goku-San (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe or Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat/Mach Punch/Taunt
- Overheat/Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

So again nothing special just more damage in general and can tend to provide more offensive pressure. If you want you could lean more towards a special set where instead of Close Combat you could Mach Punch to clean off Sash'd leads
Threat List

Extreme Physical Walls
I really don't have time to go over every physical wall with an insane amount of defence but a lot of them set things up (Rocks, Curse, etc.) so you may want to switch into Keldeo because otherwise you're gonna get yourself in a very dangerous situation.​

Heracross-Mega is actually a huge threat to this team specifically the bulky variant. Not an extremely common Pokemon but if you suspect you see one you should move fast because otherwise it will just start causing all sorts of problems.

Azumarill is a threat but not so much if you play it right. You're gonna find out pretty quick whether he's Sap Sipper or Huge Power and just play that to your advantage. In the case that he's huge power get Cobalion in there and just Paralyze him and in the Case that He's Sap Sipper just Volt Switch into Keldeo.

Slowbro should be an obvious threat. Your best bet here is to try and get Breloom or Cobalion out to Volt Switch or Spore it hopefully after Conkeldurr has Knocked Off its Leftovers.
Importable Version
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Calcs

Well I gotta head off for the night so far I've written this whole thing at around 1 AM so I'm basically dead but I hope you guys can have some feed back for the team before I get on and get these calcs filled in.

Final Words

Really not much to say here honestly just this is my first time making an RMT so sorry if its kinda bad. Other than that feel free to check out my post saying that Conkeldurr should be moved up to A-Rank (He's unranked currently!).​
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-viability-rankings.3517737/page-62
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey rush, good team overall, I have a couple suggestions butDEG beat me to it lol. Aside from what he said, try LO Breloom out, with SD still on it, Fighting isn't great at hazard control, so most of the time I find sash to be useless, unless he's your lead, bit you'll probably want to save him to spore threats. Otherwise, give Gallade SD and your set! :)

Hey Rushster, just some small things. I prefer running Leftovers/Focus Sash>Mental herb on cobalion, also I prefer taunt over volt switch to stop hazards or status getting to you and since you have a nice amount of coverage I'd aim using Sword Dance, Knock off, Psycho Cut, Close combat on Gallade-Mega but again that's your preference. Another thing would be running Rock Tomb>Sword dance on Breloom which will let you hit flying types effectively. Another small change is maybe running Sub/CM Keldeo if you don't want to run Sword Dance on Gallade Mega.
Hey thanks DEG and honestly on my real team I run taunt/leftovers but I opted for a different approach on the RMT as I wanted to do something Different. As for the other changes you suggested Ill probably stick to Specs Keldeo for now but I'll test out Swords Dance Gallade and I'll Run Life Orb/Rock Tomb Breloom.

Hey rush, good team overall, I have a couple suggestions butDEG beat me to it lol. Aside from what he said, try LO Breloom out, with SD still on it, Fighting isn't great at hazard control, so most of the time I find sash to be useless, unless he's your lead, bit you'll probably want to save him to spore threats. Otherwise, give Gallade SD and your set! :)
Ya know Stun I never really thought of it that way and I can really see LO Breloom working so thanks for the suggestion.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Rushter, I love seeing another fighting player. Couple small suggestions.

1) Focus Sash breloom is invaluable, as it can keep you alive in some matchups. It will however usually have to be lead like Stunfisk said, so LO does have it's uses. Even if it's LO though, run rock tomb. Drop sd. Rock Tomb give's you a LOT of momentum, gives you a much better chance against flying, and makes it so even if they kill you, you can outspeed the opposing mon for the revenge thanks to the very handy speed drop. It's honestly such a great asset.

2) Poison Jab and the elemental punches being slashed onto Conkeldurr is probably smart, because they do offer a lot of important kills that the standard set (yours) doesn't. Thunder Punch hit's a lot of things like waters and Skarm, and Poison Jab hits fairies hard. They aren't often as good as Ice Punch/Drain Punch, but if you find you have a lot of trouble with those matchups it can help a lot.

3) Leftovers is a great item on Cobalion like DEG said, I don't like Focus Sash though since it very rarely gets OHKO'd anyways. Mental herb is a waste imo.

It's a good team, nice job.

Hey there Rushter, I love seeing another fighting player. Couple small suggestions.

1) Focus Sash breloom is invaluable, as it can keep you alive in some matchups. It will however usually have to be lead like Stunfisk said, so LO does have it's uses. Even if it's LO though, run rock tomb. Drop sd. Rock Tomb give's you a LOT of momentum, gives you a much better chance against flying, and makes it so even if they kill you, you can outspeed the opposing mon for the revenge thanks to the very handy speed drop. It's honestly such a great asset.

2) Poison Jab and the elemental punches being slashed onto Conkeldurr is probably smart, because they do offer a lot of important kills that the standard set (yours) doesn't. Thunder Punch hit's a lot of things like waters and Skarm, and Poison Jab hits fairies hard. They aren't often as good as Ice Punch/Drain Punch, but if you find you have a lot of trouble with those matchups it can help a lot.

3) Leftovers is a great item on Cobalion like DEG said, I don't like Focus Sash though since it very rarely gets OHKO'd anyways. Mental herb is a waste imo.

It's a good team, nice job.
Thanks for the feedback so I think I should update this which I will do but here are the changes. I haven't changed Conkeldurr at all as I've found this set to be the most effective no offence to you. I've said this already on my actual team I run lefties and I only put Mental Herb to test some stuff and see the general reaction. For Now Im using LO Breloom with Rock Tomb as it seems to be working well and can help provide even more coverage while still provide its good ol' insta wins. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)