Xatu

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

• magic bounce is the only reason youre using this thing
  • best on balance teams that need a hazard control mon that isnt total fodder for psychic-types
  • not too shabby defenses
  • typing gives it cool resistances, such as fighting, psychic, and an immunity to ground
  • good check to virizion
  • an unreliable switch to most stealth rock users
  • weak to pretty much everything. total fodder to tons of stuff, such as glalie, tyrantrum, or houndoom
  • pretty passive

[SET]
name: Pivot
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Roost
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Heat Wave
item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

• 16 speed lets you outpace emboar with 252 speed evs and a neutral nature
  • rest in hp/def to make switching into sr users easier, as most users of it are physical (rhyp, steelix, yknow) aswell as checking medicham and gallade better
  • colbur helps take dark type attacks, specifically knock off
  • lefties is also an option for passive recovery

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========
  • cool glue for balance
  • m-steelix is a super good partner
  • pokemon that cover xatus weaknesses (ie emboar helps versus dark types, rhyperior helps versus electrics, etc.)
  • hazard weak mons, such as mega-glalie, that appreciate hazards gone

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• cm (heavy emphasis in writeup)
  • thunder wave
  • psyshock

Checks and Counters
===================

**Rock-types**
**Dark-types**
**Electric-types**
**Ice-types**

Last edited:

-kal-

hi guys
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC and ik this is WIP but

Im not too sure about the current set as it has way too little speed imo as well as the item and movesets. Here's how I think the spread should be like in the current meta.

[SET]
name: Pivot
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Roost
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Heat Wave
item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe

Dazzling Gleam deserves a slash imo to ensure that Xatu is not setup fodder for Scrafty, guarantees the 2HKO on Tyrantrum and does a decent amount of damage to Spiritomb. Heat Wave is still a great option to nail Durant, Mega Steelix (Spdef variants takes very little tho), Glalie, and Bronzong. I don't really like Night Shade on Xatu atm as the coverage options that Xatu has is simply way too good to pass up. Make a mention of Twave in here too which provides great team support to cripple common Xatu switch-ins such as Houndoom, Delphox, and Drapion. Colbur is really stellar on Xatu atm, allowing it to switch in safely to Hitmonlee, potentially 1v1 Scrafty, and can heavily damage Sneasel if it chooses to use Knock Off. I don't really feel Rocky deserves a slash as it does not provide as much utility that Colbur has and does not have the great passive recovery in Leftovers that Xatu likes. The speed investment with Timid puts Xatu over Adamant Hitmonlee, Jolly Scrafty, and everything else below those speed tiers.

I also feel that Calm Mind deserves a set. Basically its the same spread but with Psyshock over Psychic and CM over U-turn (obviously lol) and the same item options too. But i'll let QC decide on whether it warrants a set. Again, I'm not QC so its your choice whether you wanna implement this.

i thought i had put dazzling gleam in the first slot, haha. mustve just slipped my mind or whatever. i think the spread you suggested is good aswell, so ill make that the main spread when i get the chance.

im not entirely sold on cm quite yet. while yeah, roost+magic bounce is rad and its now pretty much the only cm user with reliable recovery and magic bounce is super good, i think its mediocre bulk and typing really hold it back from being an effective cm user. frankly, id like to give it heavy OO mention

yo aberdeen , you still up for this? i don't mean to rush you or anything, but if your interest in doing this is waning, i would like to provide others the option, ya know haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)