Poll For Official November Competition

Your vote for the theme of the November Online Competition?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like the next Official Online Competition's theme has been put to a poll, and considering two of the choices I couldn't help by think of Smogon so thought I'd create a thread about it. On the Pokemon Global Link you can vote the following to be November's Online Competition theme:

No Mega: As it says, no Mega Evolutions. We're going old school so let's see what the competitive side of Pokemon would have been like if Mega Evolutions never existed.
Inverse Double Battles: Inverse Battles FTW! So glad seeing The Pokemon Company supporting the Inverse Battle mechanic, I don't think ever since Double Battles a battling mechanic has been so liked. Maybe if this wins we'll see more emphasis put on Inverse Battles in the future.
Anything Goes: No, I'm not making that up, you read that right. The Pokemon Company had officially used a Smogon term for one of their (possible) competition themes. Just like Smogon's Anything Goes, anything goes! The only stipulation is that its Triple Battles, but other than that you can use any Pokemon and any item! You may want to pack a Mega Rayquaza, I can assure you everyone else will.
Anti-Evolution: In other words these Pokemon (minus the Legendaries). Neat idea, I can see interesting teams being made from it and maybe even some underused Mega Evolutions will get the spotligh... oh wait, Kangaskhan is on the list nevermind. Well still the party should be interesting to see, especially since a lot of these Pokemon rely on a gimmick.
Underdogs: This is the second theme that made me think of Smogon, it's pretty much a theme for the Underused tier. Well, sorta, it just prohibits Pokemon who have been on the top 12 teams of any 2015 competition. So while this would probably ban most OU Pokemon it also probably gets a few Pokemon in other tiers. But still, I imagine most of the UU Pokemon are still viable and this would also knock out popular Mega Evolutions so we might even see lesser used Mega Evolutions as a secondary result!

So, what are you picking?

Reactions: MK
Probably underdogs because I used to play UU. But I guess inverse doubles would be cool too. Also, my school's internet fails within 5 mins of the new year. It's good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)