The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne was an old spicy monster for lucks rookie season. He's already used up his veteran juju magic. For a team that runs 3-4 wr sets and with two of them locked down he's gonna have to compete with younger players for attention. Especially when his skill set is overlapped by almost every other Patriots reciever (the chik drafts for route running capability and intelligence). He will not be on the field as a primary reciever especially since he'll be too old to run in a hurry up offense. If he even makes the team which I'm still skeptical of, he will not be a major contributor in any capacity.
The Best receiver Belichick has ever drafted is Julian Edelman, so I think its safe to say he sucks ass when it comes to evaluating WRs. The Patriots always sign a bunch of veteran guys each year to compete with the guys they draft, and the guys they draft always suck. Their approach to the WR position is to throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks.

As for Wayne, es 100% making the team based on his contract

Reggie Wayne contract: $450SB, $1.1M base salary Per game roster bonuses: $750k total 55 recs - $250K 65 recs - $500k Maximum value: $2.8M

Based on the money, the patriots view him as a guy that can contribute. We'll see just how much.

Finally got to watch the Raiders play!

Kahlil Mack put on a show for me but the offense looked like the same 3-and-out + Janikowski offense...

Well, I'm gonna toss out my predictions for the annual NFL awards since Week 1 is only about a week away. Feel free to debate this but be aware that this is all opinionated.
Offensive Player of the Year: Andrew Luck(QB, IND) Yes, I'm a Colts fan and this may seem very biased but let's be real here. Luck has been surrounded with more talent and weapons than he's ever had including a newly found RB(The aging Gore is still 100X better than Trent Shitsardson) that is capable of making plays other than fumbles. And Luck has an amazing WR Corps that's sure to support him. Now that he has Gore, he won't be forced to pass 100+ times a game and his INTs will go down. Will his TDs? Possibly. But he'll be smarter with the ball. This year is a Super Bowl or bust year for Indy and all the trust is in Luck.
Defensive Player of the Year: J.J Watt(DE, HOU) Do I really need to explain this? He's the most dominant player in the NFL.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper(WR, OAK) Cooper is a beast. He's shown the skillset to play in the NFL and is likely gonna make some huge plays and gives Derek Carr a very valuable target. He's already better than Crabtree in my opinion.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Vic Beasley(DE, ATL) This guy is fast, explosive, and can terrorize QBs. The Falcons' pass rush was god awful last year but this guy will make a difference. And bringing Seattle's DC Dan Quinn as their new HC should prove to be a pretty good combination.
Coach of the Year: Mike Zimmer(MIN) I'm impressed by how the Vikes did last year WITHOUT AP. Now they have Mike Wallace, Teddy Bridgewater(who was arguably the best rookie QB last season..with shit opposition) AND AP is back. I'm excited to see this offense. And Zimmer would appreciate a WC berth that could be waiting.
Comeback Player of the Year: Sam Bradford(QB, PHI) Ballsy pick because Bradford hasn't been healthy but this year will be a good year for him. He's shown that he has the skills to be an effective QB despite his 2 ACL tears in 2 seasons. You'll want to protect him obviously but I suspect that this could be his year.
MVP: Andrew Luck(QB, IND) See my above argument for his OPoY vote. Except that he'll be more valuable to the Colts than some other QBs are valuable to their other teams because the Colts can't do well without a QB despite the pieces(See: 2011). Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger are better QBs imo but Luck will be more valuable to his team than they are to the Pack, Pats, and Steelers.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Well, I'm gonna toss out my predictions for the annual NFL awards since Week 1 is only about a week away. Feel free to debate this but be aware that this is all opinionated.
Offensive Player of the Year: Andrew Luck(QB, IND) Yes, I'm a Colts fan and this may seem very biased but let's be real here. Luck has been surrounded with more talent and weapons than he's ever had including a newly found RB(The aging Gore is still 100X better than Trent Shitsardson) that is capable of making plays other than fumbles. And Luck has an amazing WR Corps that's sure to support him. Now that he has Gore, he won't be forced to pass 100+ times a game and his INTs will go down. Will his TDs? Possibly. But he'll be smarter with the ball. This year is a Super Bowl or bust year for Indy and all the trust is in Luck.
Defensive Player of the Year: J.J Watt(DE, HOU) Do I really need to explain this? He's the most dominant player in the NFL.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper(WR, OAK) Cooper is a beast. He's shown the skillset to play in the NFL and is likely gonna make some huge plays and gives Derek Carr a very valuable target. He's already better than Crabtree in my opinion.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Vic Beasley(DE, ATL) This guy is fast, explosive, and can terrorize QBs. The Falcons' pass rush was god awful last year but this guy will make a difference. And bringing Seattle's DC Dan Quinn as their new HC should prove to be a pretty good combination.
Coach of the Year: Mike Zimmer(MIN) I'm impressed by how the Vikes did last year WITHOUT AP. Now they have Mike Wallace, Teddy Bridgewater(who was arguably the best rookie QB last season..with shit opposition) AND AP is back. I'm excited to see this offense. And Zimmer would appreciate a WC berth that could be waiting.
Comeback Player of the Year: Sam Bradford(QB, PHI) Ballsy pick because Bradford hasn't been healthy but this year will be a good year for him. He's shown that he has the skills to be an effective QB despite his 2 ACL tears in 2 seasons. You'll want to protect him obviously but I suspect that this could be his year.
MVP: Andrew Luck(QB, IND) See my above argument for his OPoY vote. Except that he'll be more valuable to the Colts than some other QBs are valuable to their other teams because the Colts can't do well without a QB despite the pieces(See: 2011). Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger are better QBs imo but Luck will be more valuable to his team than they are to the Pack, Pats, and Steelers.
Can we have a rule that whenever you guys make predictions you CANNOT pick any player from a team you are a fan of? I just sense a lot of bias, not a "lets be real here" type of thing. Amazing WR Corps? Ok. Maybe your expectation is super bowl or bust, but you calling them the best team in the AFC is just a huge stretch.

Can we have a rule that whenever you guys make predictions you CANNOT pick any player from a team you are a fan of? I just sense a lot of bias, not a "lets be real here" type of thing. Amazing WR Corps? Ok. Maybe your expectation is super bowl or bust, but you calling them the best team in the AFC is just a huge stretch.
I knew I was gonna get shit about that. If I actually was biased, it'd look like this:
OPotY: Andrew Luck
DPotY: Robert Mathis
ORotY: Phillip Dorsett
DRotY: Clayton Geathers
Comeback PotY: Robert Mathis
Coach of the Year: Chuck Pagano
MVP: Andrew Luck

With that being said, I was being realistic the first time. Haters gonna hate

Luck is already a top 2 quaterback and if Rodgers wasn't playing at a ridiculous level every year we would be worshipping Luck as a football god.

I'm still laughing at the skin fans though. Or people in general who thought rg3 would be even half as good as Luck. I'm probably one of the few people who saw how mediocre rg3 was in his rookie season. Peoples opinions are swayed too much by wins/losses. Rg3 in his rookie year was mediocre, barely above game manager and now that he can't run he can't create the leagues best overall rushing attack so he's just left being worse than mediocre.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Brady suspension nullified. Now Pittsburgh gets to play full strength Patriots week 1 without Bell and Bryant. RIP Steelers :(

I feel like this is going to be one of those seasons where the pats just unleash their anger on every team they play and try to demolish every opponent, like in 2007

So a judge overruled the commissioner's decision? Has something like this ever happened before? Do you think the NFLPA will challenge other suspensions and fines in the future?
I mean, Goodel was already doing a pretty terrible job as commissioner, but getting your decisions overturned is a new low.

VICTORY

NOBODY PUTS BRADY IN THE CORNER

Every NFL player should personally thank Tom Brady for exposing the arrogance and Hypocrisy of the NFL and for fighting till the end (While some thought he should just give up)
This was an ENORMOUS victory for the player's union and a huge defeat for the the NFL.

Last edited:
I feel like this is going to be one of those seasons where the pats just unleash their anger on every team they play and try to demolish every opponent, like in 2007
Just because they want to doesn't mean they can. The Patriots are talentless and will struggle in most wins. I expect the usual division win but only because the division is so incompetent. The steelers, minus their best player and some other guy, on the road will still probably beat them.

Just because they want to doesn't mean they can. The Patriots are talentless and will struggle in most wins. I expect the usual division win but only because the division is so incompetent. The steelers, minus their best player and some other guy, on the road will still probably beat them.
Underrating the Patriots again I see. Your loss

i would use many adjectives to describe the patriots, but 'talentless' is not one of them

of course, you are a giants fan, and being that giants fans and the franchise are the only organization in the entire league that can talk shit about new england and get away with it, i'll let it slide

Lol. That's all I have to say.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-arrogance-of-roger-goodell-215731603.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...1a0688-5267-11e5-8c19-0b6825aa4a3a_story.html

http://deadspin.com/this-is-roger-g...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

These are good articles on Just how much of a clownshow this entire process was.

Too bad the average fan will never understand that Goodell literally violated federal law and spent millions to lead an unsuccessful 7 month witch hunt which attempted (and failed) to find the face of his league generally aware that he might have told someone to tell someone to let a dollar bill's weight worth of air pressure out of footballs in a game which ended in a score of 45-7.

Also Tom Brady is a national hero

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So a judge overruled the commissioner's decision? Has something like this ever happened before? Do you think the NFLPA will challenge other suspensions and fines in the future?
I mean, Goodel was already doing a pretty terrible job as commissioner, but getting your decisions overturned is a new low.
literally the last 3 times a goodell suspension was appealed it was overturned in federal court (rice's indefinite suspension was overturned because he was suspended twice for the same incident, peterson's suspension was overturned for retroactively applying a new conduct policy, and now brady). hell if you go back further, paul tagliabue rolled back most of bountygate's punishment and said goodell went over the line.

the nflpa's job is to defend any and all union member who they feel has been wronged by the league, just like any other union in america. if they feel a player was punished outside of the CBA, they will take it to court regardless of how this case went down.

anyway im glad people are finally seeing what various fan bases have been saying for years: that goodell has a small penis and needs to wildly overcompensate in order to make himself feel like he's in control. still not watching any nfl games until he's fired or "leaves on his own accord"

Stop overreacting. It's not like Goodell owns the league and gets all the money. I really like Goodell though. As long as the NFL is popular he can stay. He isn't an elected official and whatever power he has is over people playing games... I forgot who said it but any publicity is good publicity. Because of how short the NFL season is, being able to maintain headlines year round is incredible. As wacky as Goodell is as long as he's doing his job, he has my approval. If the leagues popularity ever decreases then he gets fired. All this crap is a non issue and good for the league imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)