♥ princessofmusic's art and music ♥

Lots of people call me PoM. I co-lead the XY Sprite Project and modded The Smog for a while. I like to draw and also like music.

From oldest to newest:

tropius_pom.png

A Tropius requested by Kadew for Secret Santa 2014.

piplup.png

2-hour speed paint of Piplup in April.

dedenne.png

A doodle of Dedenne that went in Issue #43 of The Smog.

Sprites:

binky_all.png

One of the only two sets of original sprites I made for the XY Sprite Project that another spriter hasn't edited. binky is cute

flabebe_all.png

The other of the only two sets of original sprites I made for the XY Sprite Project that another spriter hasn't edited.

I don't draw very often nowadays (so expect more music in future updates). No requests please.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I like your Dedenne, its strong lines balance off the murkiness that seems to be a bit overbearing in your Piplup/Tropius pieces.

Can't wait to listen to your musical works!

I love the arts you have, especially the lack of lines shown on the Tropius; it's nice to see your thread on Smeargle.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
That Piplup tho.
I can't really critique your art cause you're better in every way possible than me, and you've been more or less a small art teacher to me here. However parts of the dedenne irk me a bit, specifically how the right side (our left) side of it's face doesn't seem to be properly to me, the mouth and eyes don't really seem to match the rest of the lineart in my opinion either. Love the shading and colors on a ton of your work though, I think my favorite has to be that Tropius, that lightening and how the color was used for is outstanding x) Piplup, Tropius and Piplup are a few of my favorite Pokemon BTW c:

Seriously excited to hear some of the music though. If you don't mind me asking what kind of music do you plan on posting? Remixes? original pieces? both?

Posting these to start with:

Title Screen - Metroid: Zero Mission

Transcription of the main theme from the Metroid series and one of my favourite video game songs. Not actually meant to be played on piano (because there are three tracks and people have only two hands).

Another Day (original song)

This is a piano "demo" of a song I composed when I was 17. It was meant for a musical about Minecraft (rofl) that I was writing with friends of one of my exes. Sad to say that the project died after we lost interest in working on it.

I like your Dedenne, its strong lines balance off the murkiness that seems to be a bit overbearing in your Piplup/Tropius pieces.

Can't wait to listen to your musical works!
The "murkiness" is probably because I drew those two at actual size (instead of drawing them at a larger resolution and resizing the image). u__u; Thanks for the feedback!

I love the arts you have, especially the lack of lines shown on the Tropius; it's nice to see your thread on Smeargle.
thanks! ;n;

That Piplup tho.
I can't really critique your art cause you're better in every way possible than me, and you've been more or less a small art teacher to me here. However parts of the dedenne irk me a bit, specifically how the right side (our left) side of it's face doesn't seem to be properly to me, the mouth and eyes don't really seem to match the rest of the lineart in my opinion either. Love the shading and colors on a ton of your work though, I think my favorite has to be that Tropius, that lightening and how the color was used for is outstanding x) Piplup, Tropius and Piplup are a few of my favorite Pokemon BTW c:

Seriously excited to hear some of the music though. If you don't mind me asking what kind of music do you plan on posting? Remixes? original pieces? both?
D'aww thanks Splash. And probably both.

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh my god. i've played both songs 3 times now. they're so relaxing. love them ;_; won't say anything about your art because we all know that it's amazing

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Cam I just say I LOVE seeing music in the Studio. Music is one of my biggest passions in life, and it makes me happy seeing someone as enthusiastic about it as I am. Both pieces are very well done. Zero Mission is probably my favorite Metroid game, and I used to sit on the title screen to listen to the music. Your arrangement brought back a lot of memories for me. As for Another Day, I like the upbeat feel it has and the repetitiveness. It reminds me of how every day can be like the other, trying to make it happy and bright, well done!

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh Lord Rayquaza, that Piplup's so adorable I wanna take it home with me! *Kidnaps it*

Honestly, I find your drawings very soothing on my eyes. Gives off a pastel like feeling in a way. As for music, unable to stop playing Another Day just because it is so charming and soothing. I would kill to be good at piano!

Champion Battle - Pokémon X & Y

My personal favourite champion theme from the series thus far. This was a bit challenging but still fun to transcribe.

Route 42 & Lake of Rage - Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Probably my favourite tune from Gen II (along with Violet City) because of the harmony.

Wet Hands - Minecraft

Not mons but I hope others like it nevertheless.

oh my god. i've played both songs 3 times now. they're so relaxing. love them ;_; won't say anything about your art because we all know that it's amazing
At first I read this as you played them on piano yourself and I got really excited then disappointed ;__; thanks anto!

Cam I just say I LOVE seeing music in the Studio. Music is one of my biggest passions in life, and it makes me happy seeing someone as enthusiastic about it as I am. Both pieces are very well done. Zero Mission is probably my favorite Metroid game, and I used to sit on the title screen to listen to the music. Your arrangement brought back a lot of memories for me. As for Another Day, I like the upbeat feel it has and the repetitiveness. It reminds me of how every day can be like the other, trying to make it happy and bright, well done!
Thanks! Zero Mission is also my favourite Metroid title.

Oh Lord Rayquaza, that Piplup's so adorable I wanna take it home with me! *Kidnaps it*

Honestly, I find your drawings very soothing on my eyes. Gives off a pastel like feeling in a way. As for music, unable to stop playing Another Day just because it is so charming and soothing. I would kill to be good at piano!
piplup's been kidnapped @n@; I really appreciate the comment! Your icon rocks as well (Homura is best magical girl)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally my princessofmusic showing off her lovely talents, it's about time I say.

I do enjoy how the XY championship theme was transformed into a piano rendition, and still feels very full of energy. Somehow a bit more appropriate for the fashion model Kalos champ no? Also Lake of Rage has a lovely sweet charm to it, despite apparently being the theme for a lake full of angry vengeful creatures. I swear though some of these you just ended up arranging completely overnight.

(I'll keep bothering her to post more guys if she makes more don't worry!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)