Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a female Lure Ball Tentacool and/or a Female HA Dream Ball Eevee. IVs don't matter at all.

I'll happily trade for them.
I can catch you a Tentacool in a Lure Ball on my HG/SS cartridge, but obviously the IVs will be shitty. Still OK?

Can someone please point me in the direction of an easy-to-understand guide for TID/SID abuse in RETAIL Emerald?
I'm pretty positive it's nearly impossible to do TID/SID abuse on retail Emerald or least VERY difficult. RuSa is fair game, but Emerald? Better RNG on emulator tbh. There are no good spreads without waiting for weeks anyway...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty positive it's nearly impossible to do TID/SID abuse on retail Emerald or least VERY difficult. RuSa is fair game, but Emerald? Better RNG on emulator tbh. There are no good spreads without waiting for weeks anyway...
It's not possible on retail Emerald.

I can catch you a Tentacool in a Lure Ball on my HG/SS cartridge, but obviously the IVs will be shitty. Still OK?
I can catch one on SS, just wanted to know if someone had already migrated one over, to save some work. I'll sort it out at some point, thanks.

I can catch one on SS, just wanted to know if someone had already migrated one over, to save some work. I'll sort it out at some point, thanks.
I might already have one on my OR game, not completely sure. I'll check later today, I don't have my DS right now.

Mind if I ask why it isn't possible? O.o /curious
The TID and SID are generated at different moments of file creation. TID is created when you press A to finalize your name and SID is created when the screen goes to black and you shrink 'n' stuff. This would still be doable if it wasn't for the fact that, while starting a saved game starts you with a Seed of 0, at file creation, your Seed is random. You have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. Like, if were to talk about frames, you could start at 5k when starting the game or 400 million. It's kinda like FRLG in that regard, although FRLG has this issue always.

I hope my explanation is at least somewhat correct lol but that's my take on it.

The TID and SID are generated at different moments of file creation. TID is created when you press A to finalize your name and SID is created when the screen goes to black and you shrink 'n' stuff. This would still be doable if it wasn't for the fact that, while starting a saved game starts you with a Seed of 0, at file creation, your Seed is random. You have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. Like, if were to talk about frames, you could start at 5k when starting the game or 400 million. It's kinda like FRLG in that regard, although FRLG has this issue always.

I hope my explanation is at least somewhat correct lol but that's my take on it.
Interesting. Then what makes it possible on an Emulator? O.o

Also, what are people's opinions of abusing the TID/SID on an Emulator, "restoring" that save to a Retail cart (I assume thats possible?), and then RNG'ing the Pokemon on retail?

Interesting. Then what makes it possible on an Emulator? O.o

Also, what are people's opinions of abusing the TID/SID on an Emulator, "restoring" that save to a Retail cart (I assume thats possible?), and then RNG'ing the Pokemon on retail?
Well, you can't really TID abuse. At least not that I know. You could try every frame and see if you got a cool TID, but tbh, it's not worth it. What you do is find a SID that makes the frame you wanna hit shiny with the TID you're using. It's a little complicated, but there are plenty of guides on the internet (try reddit).

As for restoring a save on a retail cart, it's possible, but personally, I think it falls under emulator abuse since you still need some weird device to get the TID/SID combination you wanted. I sort of understand why people prefer retail over emulator, but if emulator would be "black and retail would be "white", this would be the "gray" area, you know? It's fine as long as you mention you used this method to get the Pokemon you want. But then again, why would you? Like I said, Emerald spreads are terrible for retail. You could be waiting for weeks. Hell, a "regular" Timid 5iv spread in Emerald already takes like 2 days and that's at 1000% speed with the emulator. Why waste your time like that? The odds of missing your frame is so big, it'll take months (and there's still that issue that you needed the emulator to get the combination...). Frame precise timing is no fun at all.

The worst waiting time for me on retail is roughly 14 hours for a spread on my Ruby file. If you really want retail stuff, use RuSa.

Well, you can't really TID abuse. At least not that I know. You could try every frame and see if you got a cool TID, but tbh, it's not worth it. What you do is find a SID that makes the frame you wanna hit shiny with the TID you're using. It's a little complicated, but there are plenty of guides on the internet (try reddit).

As for restoring a save on a retail cart, it's possible, but personally, I think it falls under emulator abuse since you still need some weird device to get the TID/SID combination you wanted. I sort of understand why people prefer retail over emulator, but if emulator would be "black and retail would be "white", this would be the "gray" area, you know? It's fine as long as you mention you used this method to get the Pokemon you want. But then again, why would you? Like I said, Emerald spreads are terrible for retail. You could be waiting for weeks. Hell, a "regular" Timid 5iv spread in Emerald already takes like 2 days and that's at 1000% speed with the emulator. Why waste your time like that? The odds of missing your frame is so big, it'll take months (and there's still that issue that you needed the emulator to get the combination...). Frame precise timing is no fun at all.

The worst waiting time for me on retail is roughly 14 hours for a spread on my Ruby file. If you really want retail stuff, use RuSa.
Huh, okay, interesting. So there's really no point in doing retail emerald RNG at all, it would way take too much time and effort.

I must be misunderstanding something: what is it that determines a particular IV spread in Emerald? Part of the reason I'm confused is because of the information under 'Gen 3 savegames' in Drake&Dragon's trade thread. As in:
  • OT: Drake ID: 34990
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Timid/Modest - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 22403
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Calm - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 34990
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Timid/Modest - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 22403
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Calm - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 32361
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 30 31 31 - Bold/Timid - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Draco ID: 16117
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 30 31 31 - Bold/Timid - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 08991
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 30 31 31 - Naive - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 09668
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 30 31 31 - Careful - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 41511
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Careful/Naive - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 51035
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 31 31 31 - Rash - Ability 0 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 65420
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 14 31 31 - Adamant - Ability 1 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 21753
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 23 31 31 - Jolly - Ability 1 - Emulator
    (Lost)
  • OT: Drake ID: 53984
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 23 31 31 - Jolly - Ability 1 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 21283
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 31 31 30 31 31 - Jolly - Ability 1 - Emulator
  • OT: Drake ID: 10048
    (Emerald) - Spread: 31 6 31 31 31 31 - Modest - Ability 1 - Emulator

I suppose I just want to know how to do that so I can RNG my own 3rd gen Pokemon, lol.

Well with that registeel spread I'm going to go for it takes 16 hours to show up on emerald but going to use a battle video to close the gap to hopefully something around 5 minutes or less.

Also been wondering about this how does one actually do live battery abuse for ruby/sapphire anyway if anyone could point me toward a guide or something.

and I would imagine those are different save states saved near a desirable spread so the process of actually reaching that frame doesn't take days/weeks/months/years.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The frame is what determines the IVs and nature. Emerald advances frames at roughly 60 fps, but even at that speed, it still takes a long time for a good frame. The first decent one on Emerald is 307k frames in, or roughly 85 minutes, which gives an Adamant 31/30/31/9/30/31 spread for Method 1 (which is stationary stuff).

You can use battle videos as sort of a save state, as in when viewed, they will jump to the frame the battle video was saved on. In battles, the RNG advances twice as fast, so you can use that a shortcut to sort of get closer to your desired frame faster, but it's still going to involve a lot of waiting no matter what.

Huh, okay, interesting. So there's really no point in doing retail emerald RNG at all, it would way take too much time and effort.

I must be misunderstanding something: what is it that determines a particular IV spread in Emerald? Part of the reason I'm confused is because of the information under 'Gen 3 savegames' in Drake&Dragon's trade thread. As in:[Stuff]

I suppose I just want to know how to do that so I can RNG my own 3rd gen Pokemon, lol.
The IV-spread (plus the rest, like nature, etc) are determined by the frame.

The list of Dragon_ and Drakero is just the spreads they made shiny by finding a SID to match the PID and TID of that save file. I have a similar list.

Well with that registeel spread I'm going to go for it takes 16 hours to show up on emerald but going to use a battle video to close the gap to hopefully something around 5 minutes or less.

Also been wondering about this how does one actually do live battery abuse for ruby/sapphire anyway if anyone could point me toward a guide or something.

and I would imagine those are different save states saved near a desirable spread so the process of actually reaching that frame doesn't take days/weeks/months/years.
Did you RNG your file on emulator and put it back in the cartridge? Good luck lol!

Anyway, live battery abuse is suprisingly easy.

First, you gotta find some spreads you wanna hit, so go to "3rd Generation Time Finder" on the "Time Finder" in RNGReporter, select "Capture", enter the stats you want and the nature (or leave it blank so it searches for every spread with those IVs). Deselect "Dead Battery", put Max Hour at 23 and put Max Minute at 59 (this ensures it'll look for every possible outcome) and then select Method 1 and Stationary Pokemon (if that's what you're going for) and the amount of frames you're willing to wait and hit Generate. After taking forever, you'll get a buch of spreads. Copy the PID of the spread you like and go to "3rd Gen Tools" and pick "TID/SID manipulation". Enter the PID and find possible TID/SID combinations that work to make that spread shiny. This video will tell you all about how to RNG your specific TID/SID combo. You RNG it using Dry Battery, but for the actual RNGing, you'll have put in a battery of course.

So, once you have the right TID/SID and played through the game until you get to the legendary, it's time to RNG it. You'll note that next to the PID of the spread you want, it says a certain time and a certain frame. What you do, is insert your battery and go to your home and check your clock. Once the in-game clock reaches the time of that spread (let's say uh, 11:20), you reset your game and start Eontimer (or whatever thing you use for timing). Naturally, the waiting time is the amount of frames next to that PID. You will have to calibrate it a few times to find exactly what time you need to hit, but from that point on, it's trying until you hit your frame.

To put it into perspective, my Ruby file has me waiting for aprox. 12 hours before I reset my game and then I have to wait about 2.5 hours (if I remember right, it's been a while...) before I reach the frame. Luckily, most normal spreads don't require such a waiting time lol.

Last edited:
I am going to host my first giveaway for a shiny 5iv larvitar and I needed some tips on how to format the post. It would be great help, thanks!

The_VGC_N00B

Banned deucer.
I actually don't think so, but I could be wrong.
Sorry I bred the Scolipede already just needed help getting one for my first smogon team I'm trying to also acquire a legit <-(much appreciated) because I want to run battle spot with it
shiny
5IV Aegislash-Quiet

Not sure where this falls in the ruleset. I just wanted to repost my offer I have made earlier. If such is against the rules of the board I will happily take it down.

That being said:

Good evening there folks. I come bearing a simple request.

I am looking for a Female Jolly Kangaskhan with Double Edge in a regular Pokeball. The particular IVs aren't important, I just don't really have an option to grab one at this juncture and I've been given the short end of the stick in GTS far too many times.

In exchange, I have a few Jolly/Adamant Defiant Pawniards with 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread and carries the egg moves of Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Revenge with both Genders.

Send me a conversation message if you're interested, I'll get back to you next time I am available.

Sorry I bred the Scolipede already just needed help getting one for my first smogon team I'm trying to also acquire a legit <-(much appreciated) because I want to run battle spot with it
shiny
5IV Aegislash-Quiet
We don't trade hacks on Smogon. CMT for a Honedge like that. If it is to your liking, feel free to leave a message.

The_VGC_N00B

Banned deucer.
We don't trade hacks on Smogon. CMT for a Honedge like that. If it is to your liking, feel free to leave a message.
So sorry was actutally a minor error. i did not know the name of the base form of Aegislash but if anyone has a Quiet 5IV(all but speed) honedge i would really appreciate one the pokeball is of your prefrence.

So sorry was actutally a minor error. i did not know the name of the base form of Aegislash but if anyone has a Quiet 5IV(all but speed) honedge i would really appreciate one the pokeball is of your prefrence.
By saying 'CMT' (which I made clickable for you) I was referring to my trade thread. I am offering a Honedge like that in my trade thread in the 'Kalos' section. If the Honedge is to your liking, feel free to leave a message.

And if you don't understand the whole 'clickable' text thing, here's an old fashioned link for ya:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...massive-update-august-27th-2015-open.3543258/

Hi :) anybody could get me a eevee with heal bell and wish ? its for a breeding project :P msg me :)

im also looking for an drilbur :P adamant if possible but its ok if he is not :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)