Tournament Minitour - Three's Not A Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
September 13th, 3pm GMT-4, live draft will happen, have someone on your team present to bid :)

So i have a neat concept that I would like to suggest
What if we were able to trade certain mons with other teams after the draft takes place, I think that'd be fucking awesome so please consider :]

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So i have a neat concept that I would like to suggest
What if we were able to trade certain mons with other teams after the draft takes place, I think that'd be fucking awesome so please consider :]
I considered this but due to the number of teams we have entered, each team will most likely only be getting away with 6 Pokemon, making it so that all trades would have to be same in number which is just kinda "meh". Also, due the tournament being round-based, teams that are eliminated could just trade all their Pokemon to another team and I don't want to foster collusion between teams.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
mambo said:
I considered this but due to the number of teams we have entered, each team will most likely only be getting away with 6 Pokemon, making it so that all trades would have to be same in number which is just kinda "meh". Also, due the tournament being round-based, teams that are eliminated could just trade all their Pokemon to another team and I don't want to foster collusion between teams.
Proposing a "scalp rule" - teams that eliminate another team may drop one of their own mons in favor of a mon from the defeated team. Eliminates collusion - if there's a team who intentionally loses in order to gift their friends one pokemon, they should be shot - and promotes a more skillful aspect to the tour, as in on-the-go building patches holes in a team if done well. Randomizing the bracket per round would prevent purposeful counterteaming, and any inadvertent counterteam would be just as likely given drafted teams. Puts something more on the line than just a win, as trophy taking is a stellar part of tournaments and it adds an insult-to-injury element to fights - we beat you and defamed you by taking your pokemon. Promotes balaced drafting, because building around one stud mon and 4-5 scrubs could give your opp a balanced team with a legit top-flight threat.

Administrivia: Enact this, theres really no reason not to (if anyone has one post it). I suggest naming your scalped pokemon after a member of the team you took it from - after we win r1, im certain our team will be rocking a 1-inch penis named kingmidas - as to further promote some friendly trashtalk. Mambo pls make me a helper in the lc guide thread thxs

doomsday doink

Scalp rule will be put into effect, teams will be updated shortly

OP forgot to find someone to host the draft so it's being postponed...

I technically said I wouldn't start draft til LCPL is over so I'm not really going back on my original plan

But yeah, blame that OP guy imo

Hopefully we can find someone last minute, but if not we'll have it next weekend (maybe idk)

Can we make this like 5 round swiss to a top 6 or 8 cut?. I was thinking it through and it is ridiculous that half the players will have to sit through a live auction and then get to use the squad they make once.

uh I don't think anyone on our team can actually draft at that time we MAY have to drop out if thats the case.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can we make this like 5 round swiss to a top 6 or 8 cut?. I was thinking it through and it is ridiculous that half the players will have to sit through a live auction and then get to use the squad they make once.
posting for more visibility

kinda pointless and poorly run if half the teams sit through 30-40 minutes of drafting pokemon and then just immediately get cut first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)