Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
In a world where Veedrock abandons Da Letter El years ago and leaves him to host a game on his own, a few factions have risen to the fore.

The Squad, the largest faction, is held together by a thread by the Lynchpin. How his death will effect the game is anyone's guess.

Weenie Hut Junior, a group of people who may or may not actually be weenies who happen to just enjoy going to Weenie Hut Junior.

Every Villain Is Lemons, another mysterious and potentailly misleading SpongeBob reference where people decided to do bad stuff like J-Walk and laugh at people with acne.

The Glass Ceiling, a group of users who feel that the Cards Against Humanity card The Glass Ceiling is horrifically underrated.

And then there are other people. Who knows what they want to do.

Example PM:

Dear Da Letter El,
You are George Washington.

You are the first president of the US of A. You sailed your darndest across that Delaware river and enjoy chopping down trees.

At night, you may PM Da Letter El with, "Night X - Action targetting USER." You will spend a bunch of time talking to User with wooden dentures and perform an action on them.

Sometimes there are secondary roles here. They usually have their own paragraph, but not always. Since you are super presidential, you will "win" any lynch vote in which you have 1 vote.

You are holding the apple. You feel as though you would be better served giving this apple to someone else. Most people have items, but not everyone.

Sometimes there is relevant information under here, but usually not.

You are allied with the Squad. You win if all threats to the Squad are eliminated.
Rules:

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0. There will be no deaths on Night 0.

4.5. If there's a tie, no one will be lynched.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Da Letter El.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Da Letter El stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

8. Items have a predetermined path if a player is to die. Don't ask about it.

9. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

10. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.
Playerlist:

Dead:
  1. Hannahh
  2. Izhuark
  3. LightWolf
  4. theangryscientist
  5. Slim Guldo
  6. Cancerous
  7. More Cowbell
  8. Spiffy
  9. shade
  10. Kiritsugu
  11. billymills
  12. sunny004
  13. penguin344
  14. Acklow
  15. Yeti
  16. Thetwinmasters
  17. rssp1
Alive:
  1. Paperblade
  2. sparksblade
  3. moi
  4. The Idiotic One
  5. Junko Enoshima
  6. acidphoenix
  7. imperfectluck
  8. Gale Wing Srock
  9. Pidge
  10. Ullar
  11. zorbees
  12. Bass
  13. UncleSam
  14. U-Turn Out
Subs:
  1. Buttered Toast
  2. jalmont
  3. PokeguyNXB
  4. Walrein
  5. Celever
  6. jumpluff
It is now Night 0. Deadline will be on Monday at 6 PM CST (GMT -6).

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright guys the first and most important thing is that I am putting the squad on my back, aka the back of GREG JENNINGS. How can I lead with a broken leg? I don't know, but I simply must!

Also Spiffy is almost certainly non-Squad so take that into account.

Oh and I was able to test a few people via this method:
[14:23] <daletterel> yeah you guys can talk now. YOU CANNOT SEND YOUR ROLE PM TO ANYONE but you can talk
[14:23] <UncleSam> excellent
[14:23] <phoenix> hi
[14:23] <UncleSam> i can now put the squad on my back
[14:23] <Izhuark> hi phoenix
[14:23] <phoenix> UncleS
[14:23] <Spiffy> don't claim to unclesam my role says he is scum
[14:23] <Kiritsugu> where is the OP rules post?
[14:24] <UncleSam> everyone who understands me
[14:24] <phoenix> Ninjas by the spjffyroll
[14:24] <UncleSam> should claim to me now

So the OP hadn't been posted yet, and therefore it seemed likely to me that the mafia would not have access to the village role name outside of asking DLE what it was. So, I asked around and a few people (one of whom was Spiffy) were unable to answer. Here's the log below.

[14:23] <UncleSam> i am leading
[14:23] <UncleSam> claim role name
[14:23] <Spiffy> LOL
[14:24] <Spiffy> might imply role sry boo
[14:24] <UncleSam> then what about what i said
[14:24] <UncleSam> implies im village
[14:24] <UncleSam> you have ten seconds
[14:24] <UncleSam> or youre mafia
[14:24] <Spiffy> i have no idea
[14:24] <Spiffy> wtf you're talking about
[14:24] <UncleSam> excellent
[14:24] <UncleSam> spiffy lynch day 1
[14:24] <UncleSam> is the best lynch
[14:25] <Spiffy> LOL
<dle idle timer goes off, indicating he said something in a hidden channel I did not have access to>
[14:31] <Spiffy> oh my god you are bad
[14:32] <Spiffy> you are squad obvi
[14:32] <Spiffy> is what you were implying

Now a few others (zorbees I'm looking at you) said that they didn't know because I was being too vague, and I buy that. However, not only did Spiffy not know...he came back after a six-minute hiatus and DLE saying something in a hidden channel to say that 'OBVIOUSLY YOU MEANT YOU ARE SQUAD, DUH'. Note that he was not the only person to do this, either, just the only one I'm going to publicize for now.

In other words Spiffy is a strong non-village candidate and I'd strongly recommend treating him as such.

In any case all members of the Squad are to contact me. I will happily share more information about my role to anyone who seems legitimate, but it will be privately.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Village Leader

Ok this is such fucking BS.

Da Letter El I hope this is a lesson to you that the OP needs to up before role PMs are sent out, so it's specifically clear which faction is which. I get you're hosting a big game by yourself but you can't sic players on each other before all of the necessary information that the village would know is available to the mafia teams as well.

I'm not going to have an endless back and forth with UncleSam that I can't win through this whole game.

OTHER MAFIA TEAMS: Someone from your team needs to come talk to me because this village is gonna steamroll this game unless we coordinate night actions to find the lynchpin. IF THE LYNCHPIN DOES NOT DIE, WE HAVE NO CHANCE. So until then, we need to work together.

A member of the other mafia teams NEEDS to contact me if we're going to have a chance of winning.

Neutrals: We know you're out there, please contact me as well.

If anyone can provide me with a way of not getting lynched tomorrow that would be awesome too! (i.e kidnap)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Mistakes happen in hosting, so not surprised. But thanks to the recent turn of events we can actually lynch Spiffy D1. Thanks DLE for fulfilling my request!!

He's already pretty mad, I doubt he'd want to give town any extra info about scum?

Does all of town know who the lynchpin is? Also, what is a lynchpin? Last question, should all of town PM the lynchpin?

Also I wasn't in IRC but I knew the Squad, rssp1 and Sanjana can vouch for me knowing before hand :( Wrong place.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
for clarity: a lynchpin is basically what keeps the town together. If the lynchpin doesn't die, then all's well and good for the town. If he DOES, though...the town splits in half, and becomes two separate factions.

Hannahh

for clarity: a lynchpin is basically what keeps the town together. If the lynchpin doesn't die, then all's well and good for the town. If he DOES, though...the town splits in half, and becomes two separate factions.

Hannahh
To piggyback on this, DLE said that anything can happen if the lynchpin dies; splitting of the town is the most common result, but don't 100% expect it.
Hope this helped!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
It is very likely that some amount of splitting of a team (or teams) will occur should the lynchpin dies. How that process plays out, who will go where, and how many people will go are things that I cannot and will not share.

I have heard from Spiffy and am 90% sure that he is not what he claims. If you are interested in finding a mafia member or neutral to collaborate publicly with, I suggest Bass or shade.

While sam is most likely a villager, I do not suggest claiming to him as he probably has information regarding how the village will split upon lynch pin death. He will be able to abuse any knowledge that you give him night 0 to a great advantage later in the game. If you want to claim, I suggest working in small clusters of 3-4 and discussing night actions and votes among yourselves. That way when the lynch pin dies, the information will be divided.

If you have information regarding the ace of spades or the pin cushion, please contact me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)