[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Hey, so I just got this Mew from a Passerby and I was wondering if you guys could help tell me if it's legit or not.

Language: JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese characters (4 of them)
ID No.: 03420
IVs: 10/8/2/26/11/24
EVs (optional):
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Mew
Level: 30
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Pound/Transform/Metronome/Mega Punch
Nature: Sassy
Region of origin: "A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach Kalos from Hoenn"
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): My only guess if it's legit is if it came from 2005's Mew event with the Old Sea Map, but that wouldn't explain why it has an English name.

Hey, so I just got this Mew from a Passerby and I was wondering if you guys could help tell me if it's legit or not.

Language: JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese characters (4 of them)
ID No.: 03420
IVs: 10/8/2/26/11/24
EVs (optional):
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Mew
Level: 30
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Pound/Transform/Metronome/Mega Punch
Nature: Sassy
Region of origin: "A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach Kalos from Hoenn"
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): My only guess if it's legit is if it came from 2005's Mew event with the Old Sea Map, but that wouldn't explain why it has an English name.
In general, you shouldn't trust anything you get from random online people/gts/wt. Seeing as its IVs/nature are awful it probably doesn't matter if it's hacked or not, it's basically useless.

EDIT: Also according to Darkray that IV + nature spread isn't possible for method 1, so it's definitely a really bad hack.

Last edited:
In general, you shouldn't trust anything you get from random online people/gts/wt. Seeing as its IVs/nature are awful it probably doesn't matter if it's hacked or not, it's basically useless.

EDIT: Also according to Darkray that IV + nature spread isn't possible for method 1, so it's definitely a really bad hack.
Ahh okay thanks. :) My search for a legit Mew will continue!

Hey guys, I was unsure if I should ask this here or in the Simple Request thread, but I think it fits better here. I just went up against a guy in Random wifi and he put out his Reshiram and Zekrom against my team, which included my Heatran with the Flash Flare ability and my Skarmory with Sturdy. First he blasted my Skarmory with Fusion Bolt, KO'ing it and completely ignoring Sturdy, and then went after my Heatran with Fusion Flare and bypassed his ability as well! Is this some weird kind of hack or am I missing something?

Hey guys, I was unsure if I should ask this here or in the Simple Request thread, but I think it fits better here. I just went up against a guy in Random wifi and he put out his Reshiram and Zekrom against my team, which included my Heatran with the Flash Flare ability and my Skarmory with Sturdy. First he blasted my Skarmory with Fusion Bolt, KO'ing it and completely ignoring Sturdy, and then went after my Heatran with Fusion Flare and bypassed his ability as well! Is this some weird kind of hack or am I missing something?
Probably more a simple request, but both have Terablaze/Terabolt, which is basically a reskinned Moldbreaker, and allows both to ignore abilities that affect their moves so they can bypass Flash Fire/Sturdy.

Ugh, well that's a bunch of BS, my disdain for those that just waltz through wifi with nothing but Legendaries increases. Thanks for the quick response!

After the new rule "No Pentagon allowed": Is it possible to check the pokémon's PID to see if the pokémon is hacked or not? (I'm talking about gen3 & 4 mons) If I remeber well in those gens PID determines: nature, IVs, ability, shiny, etc; so if i check the PID I can see if a Pokémon is legal or hacked, right? Obviously if the PID isn't changed but someone doesn't pay attention to it.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
After the new rule "No Pentagon allowed": Is it possible to check the pokémon's PID to see if the pokémon is hacked or not? (I'm talking about gen3 & 4 mons) If I remeber well in those gens PID determines: nature, IVs, ability, shiny, etc; so if i check the PID I can see if a Pokémon is legal or hacked, right? Obviously if the PID isn't changed but someone doesn't pay attention to it.
Yes.

Obviously if the PID isn't changed but someone doesn't pay attention to it.
This makes zero sense though.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For such checks, the encryption constant is a more reliable way to test.
The PID can be changed by the PokéTransfer app due to the way shininess is now determined (twice as likely as in previous generations). The encryption constant is always set to be the old PID for transferred Pokémon, regardless of if the PID is changed on transfer.

Hi all I do have one question... In the OP it clearly states that apricorn mons cannot have their HA EVEN though they have been bred the legit way: ie transferring the female apricorn pokemon from the HG / SS and breeding with the mons with HA in Gen VI... How can this be considered illegit? I know getting the HA mons is definitely harder but what if those mons were also caught in the dream world or for whatever luck were normally caught and bred side by side with the apricorn ball mons? IDK if I am really making too much sense -_-

Hi all I do have one question... In the OP it clearly states that apricorn mons cannot have their HA EVEN though they have been bred the legit way: ie transferring the female apricorn pokemon from the HG / SS and breeding with the mons with HA in Gen VI... How can this be considered illegit? I know getting the HA mons is definitely harder but what if those mons were also caught in the dream world or for whatever luck were normally caught and bred side by side with the apricorn ball mons? IDK if I am really making too much sense -_-
It's pretty simple, only females pass down balls. When breeding a male (either HA or regular ability) with a female the ability of the female will be passed down (or can be the other ability). In case of female being non-HA and male being HA the HA will never be passed down.

And that's why it's illegal

It's pretty simple, only females pass down balls. When breeding a male (either HA or regular ability) with a female the ability of the female will be passed down (or can be the other ability). In case of female being non-HA and male being HA the HA will never be passed down.

And that's why it's illegal
I thought if the male had the HA it had 20% chance transferring it? I am just curious.

Language: ENG
Species: Raikou
OT: Andy
ID No.: 05314
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs (optional): 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Raikou
Level: 100
Pokeball: Level Ball
Moves: Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, Volt Switch, Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Beaten the Kalos Hall of Fame
Other comments (optional): I got it from a Passerby (not the OT, presumably) who was trading 'legendary for legendary'. I gave him my BW2 Heatran for this. Appears to be the roaming Raikou in HGSS. Seems too good to be true for a shitty IV Jolly Heatran :P I taught it Volt Switch where there had previously been Thunder. Please verify whether it's legit or not.

Last edited:
Other comments (optional): I got it from a Passerby (not the OT, presumably) who was trading 'legendary for legendary'. I gave him my BW2 Heatran for this. Appears to be the roaming Raikou in HGSS. Seems too good to be true for a shitty IV Jolly Heatran :P I taught it Volt Switch where there had previously been Thunder. Please verify whether it's legit or not.
Hard to say whether it's legit or not. It's definitely possible with RNG, but you can never be too sure with random passerbys. All I can say is it's at least legal.

100% hacked. When will people stop asking about passerby/GTS/WT mons?

Hard to say whether it's legit or not. It's definitely possible with RNG, but you can never be too sure with random passerbys. All I can say is it's at least legal.
Except it's not legal. Characteristics matter.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You're not being very clear. I know that Passerby/WT/GTS mons aren't entirely trustworthy, but can you find a definite reason as to why you're saying it's hacked?
IV Combination + Nature + Characteristic cannot be generated by the game. So someone's changed one of these things (most likely IVs and/or nature, but meh). Either way, it's not legal.

How does one tell the difference between a "natural" 5/6 iv poke and a poke that's had its IVs modified? :/ (other than the impossible combinations from earlier gens)

How does one tell the difference between a "natural" 5/6 iv poke and a poke that's had its IVs modified? :/ (other than the impossible combinations from earlier gens)
(Sorry if i'm mistaken)in past gens, there was a way to check the exact PID of a mon which thus could indicate whether the IVs where modified. The reason why you could know, i forgot.

In gen6, there's no way i know of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)