ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing (New Version Coming Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Oops ... O_O

Whimsicott @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Growth
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Giga Drain/Moonblast

This set obviously requires quite a bit of support to eliminate resists, but all in all it can be quite neat as it threatens both stall and offense. Simply use priority Growth to boost as much as you can past passive pokemon like Aromatisse, and then use rest and sleep talk when you are low health. The cool thing about Sleep Talk is that it gives Giga Drain priority, allowing it to threaten faster mons like Azelf.

It is basically like Bulk Up Tornadus except much worse because you don't get defense boosts.

Last edited:
Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll --> No, I'm not drunk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic/Hidden power Fire
- Growth
- Moonblast
- Solar Beam

Sun isn't amazing in UU, but if you want to try it out and need a Chlorophyll sweeper this is definitely worth a try. You want to ask me "What does this thing have over tangrowth?"
1)Outspeeds mega aerodactyl and every viable scarfer barring infernape assuming sun is up.
2)Isn't extremely slow outside of sun.
3)Is cuter.
Of course you'll need something to set up sun, as well as hazards to guarantee some KO's. But I think this set should make sun a bit more viable in UU.

Relevant calcs.
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Beedrill: 239-283 (88.1 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 214-253 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 452-534 (118 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 225-265 (70.5 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Crobat: 476-562 (127.6 - 150.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 333-393 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 250-295 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron in Sun: 275-324 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Roserade: 276-325 (85.9 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 339-399 (93.9 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega houndoom is a cool partner. Idk if victreebell is better than this thing.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Growth + Rest/talk
DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS DO NOT RESERVE SETS ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RESERVE YOUR FUCKING SETS

just so that's clear

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

I mean, its okay (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast / Psychic / Hurricane

I actually tried this set on a couple of meme teams and it did surprisingly well. This is double boost whims, with Cotton Guard to boost its Defense and Growth giving it a boost to its Special Attack stat. Call it a poor man's Reuniclus/Florges I guess. But yeah, this set is pretty heat ngl. For coverage moves you could use Psychic or Hurricane over Moonblast to hit common switchins like Entei, Crobat, or Chandelure, even though it'll do like next to no damage if you're not boosted but you can still say you predicted them :^). But yeah all in all, its a pretty heat set

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Nature Power
- Encore/u-turn

nature power offensive whims. The point is that nature power is considered a status move so it gets priority from prankster,, and when nature power is used it defaults into tri attack so basically you have a base 80 special priority move under your belt.

Typhoon (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Encore/ Stun Spore

Are you tired of Chandelure switching in? Are you sick of Doublade setting up on you? Why out-speed azelf if you cant even do good damage to it? Well look no further for a great ghost lure because here it is! Shadow Ball Whimiscott is a force to be reckoned with.

Relevant Targets!
  • Chandelure: (67.8 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Doublade: (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Azelf: (74.2 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Other targets maybe be Fire types, Steel Types, or Poison Types that resist both of Whimsicott's Stabs. Shadowball provides some damage for racking up damage overall. The main reason I made this was for Chandy and Doublade that tend to ruin most of my teams.

Team Mates

These all now benefit even more from SB Whimsicott lure!​
Well, after looking through Whimsicott's moves, I've concluded that most of the really effective sets are already pretty common. However, I still think this set is pretty great. I give you Stallbreaker Whimsicott.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt/Encore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast/Giga Drain

If this set seems really annoying, that's because it is. It combines some of the most annoying aspects of Whimsicott's standard Encore sets with the often-forgotten SubSeed one. Combine the two together and you get a surprisingly good stallbreaker. SubSeed Grass-types are notoriously hard to beat for most stall teams because they can steal massive amounts of HP from special walls like Blissey and Umbreon. Combine SubSeed with the support move of your choice, in this case Taunt, and you have something that can shut down a number of passive Pokemon. You can run Encore if you want to have a better matchup against offensive teams, but Taunt helps you beat stall less awkwardly. I'd pick Moonblast for the STAB move in most cases, because it does some damage to Grass-types that are immune to Leech Seed, like Gourgeist and Tangrowth.

I promise you, using this set guarantees a few forfeits on the ladder. Give it a shot!​
Oops ... O_O

Whimsicott @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Giga Drain/Moonblast

This set obviously requires quite a bit of support to eliminate resists, but all in all it can be quite neat as it threatens both stall and offense. Simply use priority Growth to boost as much as you can past passive pokemon like Aromatisse, and then use rest and sleep talk when you are low health. The cool thing about Sleep Talk is that it gives Giga Drain priority, allowing it to threaten faster mons like Azelf.

It is basically like Bulk Up Tornadus except much worse because you don't get defense boosts.
Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll --> No, I'm not drunk
Modest Nature
- Psychic/Hidden power Fire
- Growth
- Moonblast
- Solar Beam

Sun isn't amazing in UU, but if you want to try it out and need a Chlorophyll sweeper this is definitely worth a try. You want to ask me "What does this thing have over tangrowth?"
1)Outspeeds mega aerodactyl and every viable scarfer barring infernape assuming sun is up.
2)Isn't extremely slow outside of sun.
3)Is cuter.
Of course you'll need something to set up sun, as well as hazards to guarantee some KO's. But I think this set should make sun a bit more viable in UU.

Relevant calcs.
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Beedrill: 239-283 (88.1 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 214-253 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 452-534 (118 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 225-265 (70.5 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Crobat: 476-562 (127.6 - 150.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 333-393 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 250-295 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron in Sun: 275-324 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Roserade: 276-325 (85.9 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Solar Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 339-399 (93.9 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega houndoom is a cool partner. Idk if victreebell is better than this thing.

I mean, its okay (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast / Psychic / Hurricane

I actually tried this set on a couple of meme teams and it did surprisingly well. This is double boost whims, with Cotton Guard to boost its Defense and Growth giving it a boost to its Special Attack stat. Call it a poor man's Reuniclus/Florges I guess. But yeah, this set is pretty heat ngl. For coverage moves you could use Psychic or Hurricane over Moonblast to hit common switchins like Entei, Crobat, or Chandelure, even though it'll do like next to no damage if you're not boosted but you can still say you predicted them :^). But yeah all in all, its a pretty heat set
haha R0ady that's a funny revenge killer

vote pls

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
spoofy cause as cool as special extreme speed is, whims is weak as fuck and I would rather guarantee the threat is neutralized with stun spore

Your vote should not be determined by whether the set was stolen but rather which set is most effective in the current UU meta so I dont why it matters.

DaSpoofy
(because makes good use of Whimsicott natural high speed coupled by a lure move to punish his traditional switch-ins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)