The NU Open IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
U kidding me... i missed dubs signups for this and i havent lost a single open match yet i was just becoming a serious contender for playoffs lmao

I better get fucking subbed in or im gonna be real upset ._.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
im willing to give up my spot for Kushalos

Raseri
that's not how it works, unfortunately.

if you are giving up your seed in the tournament, it will go to the first substitute, not a player of your choosing. i didn't sign up for doubles, and i didn't get selected to play in ubers open - i'll very likely only end up with 4 out of 5 opens. however, this is the fault of the player. if kushalos and i were on top of things, we would have been the first users to sign up, cementing our spots in the competition.

that's not how it works, unfortunately.

if you are giving up your seed in the tournament, it will go to the first substitute, not a player of your choosing. i didn't sign up for doubles, and i didn't get selected to play in ubers open - i'll very likely only end up with 4 out of 5 opens. however, this is the fault of the player. if kushalos and i were on top of things, we would have been the first users to sign up, cementing our spots in the competition.
this, Kushalos you're 4th on my randomized sub list (look at the OP), so its very likely you get in at some point unless we get the most active tournament ever

ok, guess i'll just play then. just felt bad for kushalos b/c it must be incredibly frustrating + i dont care about qualifying.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Raseri i know im probs getting subbed in but i meant i would be upset if this open suddenly wouldnt follow the trend of players giving up. Apologize if I sounded annoyed in my first post I came home tired, drunk and completely soaked cause it was raining all day from a music festival yesterday and thats when i made that post.

threads200 I appreciate the offer but even if it was allowed I wouldnt just want someone giving up his spot for me like that.

Last edited:
Raseri, why am I not in the pairings?
I've made my sign up post right before FLCL and he is in r1 and I'm not, I hope you can fix this cuz I've been practicing a lot for this tour
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-nu-open-iv-signups.3549324/page-8#post-6420290
the first 2/3 of spots were given to the first 170 people to signup. The last 1/3 was randomized among the remaining people who signed up, FLCL ended up making it in, while you ended up being a substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)