Groudons. Groudons Everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us who were a part of the competitive scene in Generation 5 remember the age of the Weather Wars, where Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and Abomnasnow were the stars of the show. Many teams were based around weather for a long time, from SwiftSwimmers to RainDishes to Harvesters, ChloroSaurs, you name it. (Oddly enough, however, I don't recall Castform being very popular....)

But Politoed was sent back down to NU after Drizzle got the ultimate nerf, and DrySkinned Pokèmon everywhere were left to rot as well.

Now, the ambitious green frog has been reincarnated as Primal Kyogre, with Ninetales getting the second best thing to a mega, a Pokèmon with a similar ability known as Primal Groudon.

Kyogre in its regular form: Drizzle. Okay, we got a Politoed-Whale-Legendary thingamajig.

Kyogre in its Primal form: Primordial Sea, a rain that is active until Kyogre is switched out.

Groudon in its Primal form: Desolate Land, which cancels out the effects of every other weather effect, even Primordial Sea, dries up Water-type moves so that they won't hit, powers up Fire-type moves for its own usage, and can only be cancelled out by one of two things:

1. AirLocked Mega Rayquaza, but this hardly counts as the extra-item-slotted mega legendary was banished to Anything Goes.

2. Switching out Rayquaza via usage of the Red Card item, or moves such as Roar and Whirlwind.

Now, I'm all for Flying-types, I think Roaring Pokèmon are fun to try out, and the Red Card is certainly a good item if you know how to use it correctly, but we shouldn't have to bring Pidgeots and Pyroars and RedCards just to get rid of a whale and whatever Groudon is.

I am, however, aware of the fact that the trio of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza were, in fact, given a suspect test, and I'm pretty sure that was the suspect test in which Mega Rayquaza was deemed too OP for even Ubers, and is now the only officially released Pokèmon to be banned from Ubers.

All in all, I think people should be ready for the Weather Wars 2.0. And remember to try and bring along a Pidgeot or Hariyama for your next Ubers battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)