Project Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

This core is based around setting up to destroy life itself with Mega-Medicham. M-Medi is one of the scariest wallbreakers around and high jump kick just hits ridiculously stupidly hard, but his low speed and frailty makes him easily revenge killed. This core aims to mitigate that weakness by passing a speed boost with Scolipede. Even with an adamant nature, after just one boost Medicham outspeeds max speed base 150s such as Mega-Alakazam and pretty much just destroys everything bar priority. In addition to passing boosts, Scolipede also spreads toxic spikes to wear down the really fat mons that could otherwise try to recover-stall Medi while fishing for a high jump miss. Finally, with megahorn he can break the fat bulky psychics such as Mega-Slowbro that Medi struggles with.

This core is good on its own but is very weak to priority in particular Talonflame's brave bird. Heatran completely cockblocks the smogbird and can KO with stone edge. Tran also breaks down bulky fairies such as Mega-Altaria with flash cannon while they can do nothing in return due to the air balloon. Fire blast beats physically defensive steels. Just in case Medicham doesn't rape stall enough for you already, taunt plus an immunity to wisp and toxic stops stall dead in its tracks.

This is obviously an offensive core but these guys also actually have a great defensive synergy together. Heatran resists flying, psychic and fire for Scolipede plus flying and fairy for Medicham. In return, Medi resists fighting for Tran and rock for Scoli. Finally Scoli offers further fairy and fighting resists. The core is quite weak to scald spam so a scald absorber makes a good teammate. Rocks are also a must to break sashes and sturdy.
Scolipede @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Toxic spikes
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Protect for guaranteeing a speed boost, mental herb to give the finger to anyone trying to stop the strategy with taunt.
EVs are to outspeed max-speed base 110s after a boost and the rest put into bulk for longevity.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

adamant over jolly - after a speed boost he outspeeds everything anyway and who doesn't like extra power :) Bullet punch is a decent option over ice punch to outspeed opposing priority users or thunder punch can be used for bulky waters.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

This core is more or less the classic birdspam core of Mega Pinsir + Talonflame, which is notorious for being able of wearing down each other's checks, such as Rotom-W. However, Mega Pinsir and Talonflame hate Stealth Rock obviously, and sometimes overloading checks isn't enough. Which is where Latios comes in. It provides invaluable Defog support to cancel out Stealth Rock, as well as invalidating checks to Mega Pinsir + Talonflame such as Rotom-W, Hippowdon, and Mega Manectric. In terms of offensive synergy Mega Pinsir + Talonflame do deal with Pokemon such as Clefable and Heatran which trouble Latios greatly.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
Reuniclus + Emboar + Mega Scizor

I'm going to be a bit creative (goofy) with this week's type core and showcase a Trick Room core! The purpose of this core is to break through your opponent's walls in 3-4 turns with the help of Emboar and Scizor. Reuniclus is the best choice for setting up Trick Room with its nice bulk and it learning recovery. It can come in and set up TR more than once if need be. Emboar is the main beneficiary for Trick Room with its wide movepool. Once it's safely on the field it'll more than likely eliminate 2-3 of your opponents mons thanks to its ability Reckless backed by Life Orb. Emboar can eliminate check most of Scizor's threat (under Trick Room) like Heatran, Keldeo, Zard-Y, Tornadus-T, etc (excluding the offensive version of Talonflame). Scizor is here to function in and or out of Trick Room. Scizor can eliminate pesky fairies types like Azumarill who can benefit under Trick Room and take out Emboar. Plus Scizor can Pursuit trap the Lati twins who Emboar has trouble breaking through. This core struggles defensively since it's not meant to take too many hits. Azumarill, BirdSpam, Taunt, and stall teams gives this core problems. Also Emboar is a bit of a liability at times since it's hard to get him on the field but if you're successful in getting Emboar on the field have fun spamming Head Smash.

(UJelly) Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature or Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Recovery

for the reckless People

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Miss Blast

(I'll Die in 3 Turns) Emboar @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

(You know why I'm Here)Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-Turn / Knock Off

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Shit nearly was late to submit this shit in XD. Anyway I decided to build around a mega that I know every1 doesn't use because its bad and it was Mega Gallade. So I added scizor to not get totally shit on by fairies and I also needed to trap mons like lati twins. I have 100 speed to outspeed no speed tran. I added sp.def talonflame because I noticed dis team doesn't like gengar, mega sableye, Mega Lopunny, Mega Venusaur, etc. This team appreciates kyurem-b because it helps tank manaphy hits and hit hard on rotom-w and eats crap from mega manec/raikou.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
It's Voting time HYPE, as normal you get Two Votes, and ends in 48 Hours!
(No voting for yourselves to those that are new)

Core 1:

Core 2:

Core 3:

Core 4:

Core 5:

Core 6:

Core 7:

Core 8:

Core 9:

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)