Tournament Minitour - Three's Not A Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP has declared that this will be Swiss now, Scalp rule is still in effect for the elimination rounds following (if you win, you have the opportunity to trade a Pokemon with your opponent)

Round 1 matchups will be posted at some point today, I promise

Last edited:
The teams:
You, Me, and OP: Wingull / Geodude / Anorith / Fletchling / Machop / Budew / Yamask
(Mambo, Melon, OP)

Mambo's biggest fans: Croagunk / Ferroseed / Torchic / Carvanha / Larvesta / Houndour / Aipom / Gothita / Frillish / Nosepass / Natu
(Blarajan, Heysup, Fatty)

3 Fuccbois: Spinarak / Solosis / Drifloon / Aron / Deino / Clamperl / Pawniard
(Welli0u, fapkingg, LetMeShine-)

CE MAGNAMM WAGLIO': Dwebble / Riolu / Bunnelby / Wynaut / Pumpkaboo-Small / Corphish / Kabuto
(Tricking, fran17, Yagura)

The Big Cock Club: Squirtle / Honedge / Timburr / Zorua / Goldeen / Pineco
(ThatCrazyRussian, Max Carvalho, Celestavian)

Bubblegum Bellsprouts: Archen / Vulpix / Finneon / Flabebe / Oddish / Taillow / Cranidos
(Omastar42, Coconut., Fiend)

Salty Nerds: Ponyta / Skrelp / Snubbull / Vullaby / Tyrunt / Lileep
(Sken, TheFenderStory, Nineage)

S.S. Jersey Shore: Mienfoo / Stunky / Grimer / Sandshrew / Pumpkaboo-Large / Hippopotas / Shellos
(trash, Mr.NudistoBeach, Splashyship)

Dan Biglett the Midget Real Estate Agent: Spritzee / Tirtouga / Pumpkaboo-Super / Munchlax / Tentacool / Slugma
(ajernejcic, Ecna, kingmidas)

The Revolution Frogs: Surskit / Gastly / Chinchou / Mantyke / Doduo / Snover
(Gastrik, majaspic22, Litchi)

The Super Power Dudes: Amaura / Diglett / Bellsprout / Bronzor / Shinx / Remoraid
(Tahu, Brazilian Army, Superpowerdude)

Convicted Pedophiles Group: Growlithe / Scraggy / Onix / Mankey / Chespin / Koffing
(Akkeshi, apt-get, inscribe)

LC Players xd: Togepi / Porygon / Drilbur / Totodile / Voltorb / Teddiursa
(Goao, tazz, Kingler12345)

Mazmorra de Jodienda: Cottonee / Pancham / Slowpoke / Lickitung / Snivy / Shellder / Meowth
(H&MBerkeley, Shrug, thecrystalonix)

Tire Leaders: Abra / Foongus / Elekid / Staryu / Inkay / Numel
(macle, Sweep, QuoteCS)

Chunky Pingas Group: Omanyte / Magnemite / Zigzagoon / Trubbish / Magby / Pumpkaboo
(Water Drone, anime pu$$y, Michielleus)

Big shoutouts to Earthworm and sid for helping me run the auction and thanks to everyone that showed up!

Last edited:
Now all you LC players might be wondering which fine team is gonna win this tournament. Without Ray Jay power rankings, all may seem lost in terms of figuring out which teams have the most potential. Never fear! I, trash, and Nineage have spent the last few months secretly collecting data on every player in this tournament and this, combined with today's draft results, allow us to present to you:

THE OBJECTIVE UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS BY NINEAGE AND TRASH

#1: Mambo's biggest fans
Team members: Blarajan, Heysup, Fatty
Mons: Croagunk / Ferroseed / Torchic / Carvanha / Larvesta / Houndour / Aipom / Gothita / Frillish / Nosepass / Natu
Blarajan won the draft. With enough mons to effectively ct any squad in the tournament, the potential to run torchpass, and three talented players, this is definitely the team to beat in this tournament.

#2: Dan Biglett The Midget Real Estate Agent
Team members: ajernejcic, Ecna, kingmidas
Mons: Spritzee / Tirtouga / Pumpkaboo-Super / Munchlax / Tentacool / Slugma
This is literally just a semistall team. Almost every other team had to make some poor drafts later on, but this team is well built to the extreme (except for that lava thing). Most teams have basically no way to break this team, and the customizable sets on spritz and tirt make it even harder. It's worth mentioning that if the slugma is not nicknamed Aerow, this team is not worthy to be in this tournament.

#3: CE MAGNAMM WAGLIO
Team members: Tricking, fran17, Yagura
Mons: Dwebble / Riolu / Bunnelby / Wynaut / Pumpkaboo-Small / Corphish / Kabuto
How did one team get an amazing hazard stacker, pumpka as a spinblocker, (bunnelby and corphish two hard hitters) and two Italians? This team will have a field day in a tier where most teams lack a high tier hazard remover, and switching into bunny is going to be a nightmare. Failing that, this team has the single highest hax potential in the tournament.

#4: Mazomorra de Jodienda
Team members: H&MBerkley, Shrug, thecrystalonix
Mons: Cottonee / Pancham / Slowpoke / Lickitung / Snivy / Shellder / Meowth
Before the draft even happened, Shrug's team was in the top 5 because of trash talk potential alone. After the draft, they secured a top 5 spot with the powerful defensive core of slowpoke and lickitung, a mon which is customizable to ct any team in pancham, a great wincon in shellder, and whatever the fuck meowth does.

#5: The Revolution Frogs
Team members: Gastrik, majaspic, Litchi
Mons: Surskit / Gastly / Chinchou / Mantyke / Doduo / Snover
This is the team every brazilian wishes they had drafted. Not only did this team grab the best web mon in the tier, it also grabbed top-tier mons in gastly and chinchou. Doduo and snover are threats which many teams are not prepared for as well. The hyper offense nature of this team means it may have trouble against more defensive teams.

#6: Salty Nerds
Team members: Sken, TheFenderStory, Nineage
Mons: Ponyta / Skrelp / Snubbull / Vullaby / Tyrunt / Lileep
Despite the nerdiness of every single player on this team, they actually managed to pick up a good squad for the most part. Pony/skrelp/snubs/vulla function very well together, with Vullaby especially having few counters, and being able to change its moveset to ct teams. Lileep and tyrunt are less good picks, and what drag the team out of the top 5. Also, this team is utterly wrecked by ground types such as diglett and sandshrew.

#7: S. S. Jersey Shore
Team members: trash, Mr. NudistoBeach, Splashyship
Mons: Mienfoo / Stunky / Grimer / Sandshrew / Pumpkaboo-Large / Hippopotas / Shellos
Mienfoo is a seldom used mon and went for about 3k, iirc. Apart from that, the rest of this team is a sand team that poses a threat to many of the other teams in this tour. Hippopotas, shellos, and pump will be hard to break past, and shrew absolutely demolishes every single team in this tournament with sand up.

#8: Tire Leaders
Team members: macle, Sweep, QuoteCS
Mons: Abra / Foongus / Elekid / Staryu / Inkay / Numel
This team has three fast, powerful attackers, carried by three slower, bulkier mons. Elekid is dangerous in this tournament because of it's speed tier. Abra is potentially dangerous but most teams have a check. Staryu is a great pick as one of the more reliable spinners in the tier. They also have three experienced LC players. However, this team struggles with special walls, and has few switch-ins to many threats.

#9: Convicted Pedophiles Group
Team members: Akkeshi, apt-get, inscribe
Mons: Growlithe / Scraggy / Onix / Mankey / Chespin / Koffing
This is a very solid team built around underrated mons. Chespin and koffing alone wall many of the teams that were drafted, and scraggy can clean up reliably in a meta where many teams don't have fairies or fightings. The real question is: why did they draft mankey?

#10: Chunky Pingas Group
Team members: Water Drone, anime pu$$y, Michielleus
Mons: Omanyte / Magnemite / Zigzagoon / Trubbish / Magby / Pumkaboo
Whoever drafted for this team really likes setup sweepers. Like, really really likes setup sweepers. This team will most likely have trouble setting up against the more offensive squads in the tournament, which could cost them their good pokemon early on in the swiss rounds. Don't count them out entirely, though: magnemite and zigzagoon absolutely tear through many teams.

#11: LC Players xd
Team members: Goao, tazz, Kingler12345
Mons: Togepi / Porygon / Drilbur / Totodile / Voltorb / Teddiursa
I thought this team was drafting exclusively on the cuteness factor until they drafted voltorb, which is only cute if you really like balls. Appearance aside, many of these pokemon are outclassed (voltorb, totodile), which is why this team is only sitting at #11. However, porygon and drillbur plus togepass mean that this team could be a sleeper. Also, teddiursa is a fucking monster.

#12: Bubblegum Bellsprouts
Team members: Omastar42, Coconut, Fiend Hound
Mons: Archen / Vulpix / Finneon / Flabebe / Oddish / Taillow / Cranidos
There is a reason oddish is not generally used as a sweeper on sun teams: it is complete crap. There is also a reason flabebe is not used, and it's the exact same thing. This team has half of a sun squad (archen/vulpix/chloro sweeper), which gives it some potential, but the rest of the team seems completely lackluster and randomly drafted. Sorry, guys.

#13: The Super Powder Dudes
Team members: Tahu, Brazilian Army, Superpowerdude
Mons: Amaura / Diglett / Bellsprout / Bronzor / Shinx / Remoraid
Unfortunately for this team, they didn't manage to draft any webs users, so Brazilian Army will be unable to play. Unfortunately for the other two players, they drafted bellsprout when every team has a sun check (and they have no sun), bronzor, and whatever that weird electric thing is. However, Diglett and the battling skills of their members mean you should not count this team out.

#14: The Big Cock Club
Team members: ThatCrazyRussian, Max Carvalho, Celestavian
Mons: Squirtle / Honedge / Timburr / Zorua / Goldeen / Pineco
The one thing this team has going for it is Pursuit+Timburr. That's all. Pineco offense doesn't really work if you don't have offensive mons. Honedge is generally underwhelming, as is zorua. Goldeen may help with knock off spam, but will most likely just die. Drafting Squirtle was just stupid, but at least it pissed OP off.

#15: You, Me, and OP
Team members: Mambo, Melon, OP
Mons: Wingull / Geodude / Anorith / Fletchling / Machop / Budew / Yamask
What the actual fuck is this squad? The only reason this team is not dead last is that it has fletchling. Geodude can set hazards maybe, but nothing on this team can abuse them. Machop is weak, wingull is ok but frail, and the rest of the team is just about as bad is the people who drafted it.

#16: 3 Fuccbois
Team members: Welli0u, fapkingg, LetMeShine-
Mons: Spinarak / Solosis / Drifloon / Aron / Deino / Clamperl / Pawniard
This team has the absolute least potential to be able to do anything in this tournament. With the exception of pawn, which most teams have a counter for anyway, this squad has very little potential and few viable mons. Also, why the fuck was Spinarak so expensive?

Last edited:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
hey Mambo since we have 16 teams we could hypothetically do pools of 4 and have the top 2 advance from each pool. Swiss is kinda awkward because of the numbers - it would be either 8 (which mean half get in) 6 (eliminates scalping bc another elim round is a round where 1 team is picking up a good mon via the scalp and thus disadvantaging the drafted team good enough to land the bye) or 4 (annoyingly low chance of making it here, one bad mu might send u home), all of which have downsides. Since 4 and 6 are bad imo i think 8 is the best and thats more conducive to pools than swiss but idk.

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
#3: CE MAGNAMM WAGLIO
Team members: Tricking, fran17, Yagura
Mons: Dwebble / Riolu / Bunnelby / Wynaut / Pumpkaboo-Small / Pawniard Corphish / Kabuto
How did one team get an amazing hazard stacker, pumpka as a spinblocker, (bunnelby and corphish two hard hitters) and two Italians? This team will have a field day in a tier where most teams lack a high tier hazard remover, and switching into bunny is going to be a nightmare. Failing that, this team has the single highest hax potential in the tournament.
I believe they traded Pawniard for Corphish, which is why the Fuccbois have Pawniard on their team now

Shrug, pm me on Skype or PS to discuss this cuz I'm just changing the rules as I go to appease the people

Last edited:
OP has declared that this will be Swiss now, Scalp rule is still in effect for the elimination rounds following (if you win, you have the opportunity to trade a Pokemon with your opponent)

Round 1 matchups will be posted at some point today, I promise

Oh.

doomsday doink

Round 1

Tire Leaders vs Bubblegum Bellsprouts
macle vs Omastar42
Sweep
vs Coconut.
QuoteCS vs Fiend

Mazmorra de Jodienda vs Chunky Pingas Group
H&MBerkeley vs Water Drone
Shrug vs Rhayader
thecrystalonix vs Michielleus

The Super Power Dudes vs The Revolution Frogs
Tahu vs Gastrik
Brazilian Army vs majaspic22
Superpowerdude vs Litchi

3 Fuccbois vs LC Players xd
Welli0u vs Goao
fapkingg vs tazz
LetMeShine- vs Kingler12345

You, Me, and OP vs The Big Cock Club
Mambo vs ThatCrazyRussian
Melonz vs Max Carvalho
OP vs Celestavian

Mambo's Biggest Fans vs CE MAGNAMM WAGLIO'
blarajan vs Tricking
Heysup vs fran17
fatty vs Yagura

Salty Nerds vs Dan Biglett the Midget Real Estate Agent
Sken vs ajernejcic
TheFenderStory vs Ecna
Nineage vs kingmidas

Convicted Pedophiles Group vs S.S. Jersey Shore
Akkeshi vs trash
apt-get vs Mr. NudistoBeach
inscribe vs Splashyship

Deadline is September 22nd, no johns

Last edited:
I was under the impression that our opponents traded their Corphish for Pawniard?

I believe they traded Pawniard for Corphish, which is why the Italians have Pawniard on their team now

Shrug, pm me on Skype or PS to discuss this cuz I'm just changing the rules as I go to appease the people
So, we didn't prepare for Corphish when we built Heysup's team.

doomsday doink

I was under the impression that our opponents traded their Corphish for Pawniard?
So, we didn't prepare for Corphish when we built Heysup's team.
Uggggghhhhhhhhhh

OP posted the original rosters with both the Italians and the Fuccbois having Pawniard on their team and from what I caught of the draft, I recalled some form of trade being discussed between them. I went on to post my response regarding the trade based on the fact that both teams had the same Pokemon listed and I believed that Corphish was originally on the Italian team for whatever reason. That was poor judgment on my part for not clarifying that with OP or the teams prior to posting so I'm really sorry about that.

However, OP approved the trade and edited his post accordingly at 6:44pm on Sunday, very shortly after the draft actually occurred. Had your team looked to that as a reference (or even trash's power rankings), it would have been clear that a trade happened. Plus, you guys weren't obviously weak to Corphish, having Croagunk and Ferroseed, and there was no complaints from your side during the actual match regarding fran's use of Corphish.

I will update my post that you quoted to show the actual effects of the trade and I will make sure to stay updated entirely with regard to trades in the future. If you are making any decisions involving trading Pokemon between teams, let me know. OP sucks and is to blame for all of this imo.

Also, sorry for being incredibly indecisive regarding this matter, all I needed to do was sit on the toilet and ponder my thoughts :)

fran17 will receive the victory, update your team blarajan, sorry for miscommunication

EDIT: So apparently the rematch already began while I was partaking in a poop n' ponder and Heysup won so this specific series between fran17 and Heysup will be a Bo3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)