Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah I figured something like that. I already sent Shady a PM, hopefully he'll respond soon. Even if I listen carefully, I can't catch a single glimpse of in-game music..
He's using a hack code to disable it. It just fudged up his Wonder Trade as he presented live.

He's using a hack code to disable it. It just fudged up his Wonder Trade as he presented live.
Is a certain hacking device necessary to disable the music? Or is there some sort of 'hack code' like you said I can enter somewhere. And is the effect permanent?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is a certain hacking device necessary to disable the music? Or is there some sort of 'hack code' like you said I can enter somewhere. And is the effect permanent?
I would not know and here is not the place to ask about it.

Sorry if this is on the wrong board, but will I still be able to collect an Event Pokemon at the Poke Center if I have already input the code and the event ended?

Thanks in advance!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry if this is on the wrong board, but will I still be able to collect an Event Pokemon at the Poke Center if I have already input the code and the event ended?

Thanks in advance!
By "event ended" do you mean they've stopped giving out codes in real life? Because codes are redeemable for several months after they're stopped being handed out..

If you've received the wondercard in Mystery Gift by entering the code but have not spoken to the lady in the Pokemon Center yet, you can do that literally anytime you want. She won't decide one day that she doesn't have your gift, lol.

By "event ended" do you mean they've stopped giving out codes in real life? Because codes are redeemable for several months after they're stopped being handed out..

If you've received the wondercard in Mystery Gift by entering the code but have not spoken to the lady in the Pokemon Center yet, you can do that literally anytime you want. She won't decide one day that she doesn't have your gift, lol.
Yeah, that's what I mean in 'event ended', lol.
And I already have a lot of event mons waiting to be picked up, so I definitely can't meet the deadline of the event to pick them up as I got to SR them, and I am scared that the lady in the Pokemon Center will be out of stock, lol. Silly me. >.<

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate that! :D

I was just playing showdown in the primal battle section and got hits on both of this guy's pokemon being Ludicolo and Primal Kyogre with Snarl from my druddigon but, his special attack stats didn't go down. He didn't use any moves that would prevent a loss of stats so, is it possible there was a hack involved?
Im very new to smogon and Showdown so, I don't know if there are hiccups in the simulator and I don't want to go slandering people.
here's the link to the battle so, you can see for yourself http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-primalbattle-269070201

I was just playing showdown in the primal battle section and got hits on both of this guy's pokemon being Ludicolo and Primal Kyogre with Snarl from my druddigon but, his special attack stats didn't go down. He didn't use any moves that would prevent a loss of stats so, is it possible there was a hack involved?
Im very new to smogon and Showdown so, I don't know if there are hiccups in the simulator and I don't want to go slandering people.
here's the link to the battle so, you can see for yourself http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-primalbattle-269070201
I'd like to see it, but you copy+pasted the room, not the replay.

"The room 'battle-primalbattle-269070201' does not exist."

The Druddigon most likely had Sheer Force, which removes the Special Attack drop.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That has to be what it was. Thanks, I completely overlooked that.
Next time, don't bother asking here. This is literally the only place on Smogon where we don't discuss the competitive aspect of the games. There are several sections better suited to this sort of request such as the Pokemon Showdown! forum (right above this one in the forum list) and the Battle Spot forum (link in my signature) where we have a dedicated thread for the Primal Battle!

But yeah like Ksh13 said you definitely had Sheer Force and forgot :)

On Pokemon Yellow, when battling your rival in the Pokemon League, the battle animations are always on. Even when you manually turn them off beforehand. Is this intended? Or is it just a bug?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
On Pokemon Yellow, when battling your rival in the Pokemon League, the battle animations are always on. Even when you manually turn them off beforehand. Is this intended? Or is it just a bug?
Interesting question. I don't have enough knowledge to answer it, but I might remember somebody who can. Crystal_ , is this something you've heard about?

Fluke Codraroll it's apparently intended: https://github.com/iimarckus/pokere...b3fca389cb1784cf9c2d406b/scripts/gary.asm#L56 The animations are enabled before the battle begins. What's more, it looks like the animations will stay enabled until you disable them manually again. They probably thought that the battle to end all battles wasn't going to be epic enough without animations.
Alright, thanks for the relative fast reply. Already had a feeling it was intended.

The day night cycle stopped for secret bases in my game, meaning I can not abuse blissey bases anymore. The trainer always tells me to come back tomorrow, even though I have waited until tomorrow. The DS clock shows the correct time, so that's not the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Another question regarding Pokemon R/B/Y. I recently picked it up again, and I'm now EV training a nice team. I know that in Generations I and II, effort points given are equal to the base stats of the defeated Pokemon. And that every stat can have a maximum of 65535 EVs. So I figured maxing out every stat will take ages.

Since R/B/Y is so full of glitches, is there maybe a glitch that allows me to max out all of a Pokemon's EVs? Or at least something that speeds up the progress? Any idea, Crystal_?

Fluke I can't think of a way to do it other than with arbitrary code execution. The easiest way is using glitch item 8F: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6638.0. Use the first method to obtain 8F which is by far the easiest. To get 255 x specials, put X Special x1 in the sixth position of your bag, then encounter MissingNo in cinnabar via de old man glitch. You'll have 129 x specials now, so toss two and then encounter missingno, to get finally 255 x specials.

Then arrange your party the way it says under "bootstrapping". You may notice at this point that setting up 8F could be even more time consuming than ev training your pokemon (unless you want to ev train multiple pokemon of course), so it's up to you if you still want to do it this way. (to get the 233 atk pokemon I suggest you clone a bunch of rare candies with missingno and then give them to something like gyarados; if you can't make it hit exactly 233, then reset and try again with another pokemon).

Finally you have to spell out a code that replaces the ten EV addresses of your first current box pokemon with the value 255. If everything went well the game will be executing assembly code from address D322, which is the third item in your bag. So you can rearrange your items with something like this (starting from item 3; items 1 and 2 don't matter):

Thunderstone x167
TM18 x175
Soda Pop x15
Moon Stone x34
Ice Heal x5
Fire Stone x251
TM01 x1
In assembly:
Code:
   ld hl, $daa7
   xor a
   dec a
   ld c, 10
.loop
   ld [hli], a
   dec c
   jr nz, .loop
   ret
To get 2-127 stacks of an item, you may put that item (x1) in the 6th slot, encounter missingno, then toss until you have the number you want
To get 128-255 stacks of an item, you may put that item (x1) in the 6th slot, encounter missingno, then toss until you have 127, encounter missingno again, then toss until you have the number you want.

For quantities over 100 the first digit would be 10-25. That's how these digits are represented when inside a Pokemon center:

If you don't mind (or want to) replace your Pokemon DVs with $ff (all 15), then replace Moon Stone x34 with Burn Heal x34

I just put this together hopefully there's no bug in the code.

Last edited:
The day night cycle stopped for secret bases in my game, meaning I can not abuse blissey bases anymore. The trainer always tells me to come back tomorrow, even though I have waited until tomorrow. The DS clock shows the correct time, so that's not the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Did you screw with the 3DS clock, or switch 3DS systems you're playing the game on? If so, wait 24 hours without touching the clock or switching 3DS systems. If not... I don't know.

Did you screw with the 3DS clock, or switch 3DS systems you're playing the game on? If so, wait 24 hours without touching the clock or switching 3DS systems. If not... I don't know.
The clock screws up every time the battery discharges fully (which happens from time to time since the system is old and I do not get a warning before the system shuts down). I am therefore aware that I have to wait for 24 hours after I correct the time afterwards. But I have not been able to battle secret bases for 4-5 days by now, while the clock have been left untouched. It might be time to buy a new 3DS.

I can't get bases to update, I don't change the clock or change the system I'm using, had this problem for months now. Wondering trade, GTS, battle spot all work fine so I don't know.

I don't have Pokémon Alpha Saphire yet.

Has it been confirmed that DexNav chaining increases the chance to get 3IVs on hidden Pokémon?

I don't have Pokémon Alpha Saphire yet.

Has it been confirmed that DexNav chaining increases the chance to get 3IVs on hidden Pokémon?
Yes, and you can see if the Pokemon in question has up to three perfect IV's before going to go battle it by the number of filled in stars on the DexNav screen under Potential. (one for every guaranteed perfect IV) You can also get an egg move and/or hidden abilities on them... though trying to chain in the desert and in caves sucks. The Pokemon keeps moving around, sometimes fleeing entirely, but most of the time you get this lovely message:

"It couldn't be found nearby. Try again later!"

Thanks for your answer.

Bulbapedia said there would be about 12% chance of having three stars if you have a Search Level of 100+. So has there been confirmation if this 12% goes up to 50 or even 100% when your chain is high enough?

Thanks for your answer.

Bulbapedia said there would be about 12% chance of having three stars if you have a Search Level of 100+. So has there been confirmation if this 12% goes up to 50 or even 100% when your chain is high enough?
I don't think so, I think that 12% chance is all you can hope for. Even then, you still have no better than a 50% chance of it having the nature you want if you're leading with a (preferably fainted) Sync. There's only really like a few Pokemon potentially worth trying to get even two stars on, being Tyrogue and a couple genderless Pokemon to get in a fancy ball. (Tyrogue being male only, thus can't pass its ball down due to having to breed with Ditto once evolved into Hitmonlee/chan/top) Not to mention I don't know who would be crazy enough to try and DexNav 100+ Gible or Sandile or Slowpoke among others. (especially if you want the blasted Dopey Pokemon to have Regenerator...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)