Ask a simple question - get a simple answer: PU edition

With the Baton Pass speed nerf(? is that the right word?), should Lunatone still run both Rock Polish and Baton Pass on the same set, or no? I guess it could baton pass before boosting to retain momentum, but since it can't BP after the move seems like a waste of a moveslot. Or is that not how the ban works?
It can as long as it doesn't also pass Calm Mind on the first set. But Lunatone is a very terrible Pokemon anyway and it isn't really a good pick on any decent team due to its bad stats and myriad of weaknesses. If you want to Baton Pass Calm Mind and Nasty Plot Girafarig is better and for passing Agility or Coil you can resort to Floatzel. Fully offensive sets are outclassed by Grumpig, Kadabra, and Duosion (as well as OTR Beheyeem to an extent) as Psychic-types and by Carracosta and Barbaracle as Rock-types

It can as long as it doesn't also pass Calm Mind on the first set. But Lunatone is a very terrible Pokemon anyway and it isn't really a good pick on any decent team due to its bad stats and myriad of weaknesses. If you want to Baton Pass Calm Mind and Nasty Plot Girafarig is better and for passing Agility or Coil you can resort to Floatzel. Fully offensive sets are outclassed by Grumpig, Kadabra, and Duosion (as well as OTR Beheyeem to an extent) as Psychic-types and by Carracosta and Barbaracle as Rock-types
Thank you. I wasn't planning on using it anyways, I was just a bit confused on how the ban worked.

Reactions: g
We have no plans to suspect the move, and whether the mons will be suspected depends on how the meta turns out (which will be likely)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why was the YUM or YUCK thread locked?
I'm pretty sure that it was causing talk of unviable Pokemon and just really wasn't a healthy thread for the Forum. Threads are supposed to strive towards helping players with the metagame and discovering new sets, while that thread was just making space for people to post bad Pokemon.

Because it lives off the spur of the moment kinda like a live event or game and it has been inactive for a while.

I don't get it not being healthy because it was just for fun and rlly talking about non viable mons in some occasions is cool lol
I mean I do this for fun not to strictly instruct ppl

I checked and it looks like it was getting pretty decent activity. Nonviable sets can be in good fun like Galbia said. However, rules such as E-ranks and below are ignored could be enforced.

I checked and it looks like it was getting pretty decent activity. Nonviable sets can be in good fun like Galbia said. However, rules such as E-ranks and below are ignored could be enforced.
The thread has already been locked for a little while, I don't think it's worth starting up again. It's more fun as a live thread where a ton of people are implementing Pokemon all at once.

I'm running Sawsbuck on my team (SD/Return/Horn Leech/Jump Kick) and I was wondering what would be good teammates for it? I use it as a late game sweeper.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm running Sawsbuck on my team (SD/Return/Horn Leech/Jump Kick) and I was wondering what would be good teammates for it? I use it as a late game sweeper.
Hi. The Sawsbuck analysis should tell you a lot about team mates:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/sawsbuck/pu/
Generally Sawsbuck would want teammates who can beat bulky physical walls, particularly ones that can defeat Grass-types (pokemon like Dodrio), as well as teammates to set up entry hazards.

Also, it might be hard to use Sawsbuck as a late game sweeper without Sun support or Salac Berry due to its low Speed, meaning that faster pokemon can easily revenge kill it, and there are no teammates which can reliably eliminate faster Pokemon.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Chatter banned?
All the PU's bans have been explained here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-suspect-vote-results.3530902/#post-6097191
The move has no immunities outside of Soundproof Electrode and Mr Mime, and its only use is pretty much abusing confusion to get Substitute and/or Nasty Plot up and sweep while also doing damage. Thanks to freedom in choosing its moveset (running Chatter, Boomburst and any 2 of Hidden Power Fighting, Substitute, Encore, Nasty Plot are all viable options) and ridiculous power in Boomburst, Chatot can get out of control very quickly with favorable luck. It serves no competitive use in the meta, and only 1, otherwise niche, Pokemon who gets the move. It is clearly uncompetitive as it allows Chatot to win 1-on-1's which it otherwise shouldn't, so can lead to situations where the worse player wins which is exactly the opposite of what an ideal metagame is. Unlike other confusion-inflicting moves, such as confuse ray, chatter cannot be blocked with Substitute or Taunt. Chatter not only turns every move the target makes into a coinflip, but also provides Chatot with a reliable Flying STAB move; you cannot keep switching out as chatter inflicts semi-respectable damage on its own. Chatot's ability to hit hard makes Chatter a lot easier to spam freely, making the uncompetitive aspect of it that much more of an issue. There's really zero reason to keep something that adds nothing to the metagame but a way for a player who would otherwise have no chance to win to easily gain an advantage just because they get lucky, which is something that no serious player would want to have around.
Basically it is very uncompetitive as the confusion can allow Chatot to get past some of it best counters, and there was no competitive merit to keep it.

This applies to all the tiers but I figured I might as well just ask it here. When a pokemon rises in tier, does its old dex entry (I'm not sure what the term is) get deleted, or is it saved in case it drops back down?

it gets deleted from the site, but since the thread still exists for the analysis it can be retrieved. However, if a mon rises and then drops back down, it's likely to be in a different metagame than it was when it was in before (especially since it's 3 months later), so the analysis is usually just remade to fit the current metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)