Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blob-> flatter blob-> dog-> snake-> Gundam is an "evolutionary" line straight out of Digimon, I'm just putting that out there (pretty normal by Digimon standards, really). Also, Zygundam looks Super Robot Wars as all hell.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And here we go: Official English reveal of the new Zygarde formes.

In big animation news from Japan, new forms for Zygarde and Ash's Greninja have been revealed! In the latest season of Pokémon animation, the Legendary Pokémon Zygarde is discovered to have multiple Formes as it develops into the Pokémon you already know...and beyond!
More info and pics in the links.

EDIT: It seems like the guy who guessed "You will go around the region, looking for Zygarde cells" was correct. If we ever meet IRL, I owe you a cookie, courtesy of the OI staff.

So Zygarde really IS a network hub! The Cores command, direct, and relay information to and from the Cells, Zydog has the same processing power of Zygarde for being an animalistic assembly, and being a lighter-weight one allows it to work quicker, albeit with less stability than Zygarde 50% (which seems to be the preferred form, for only requiring a fraction of its full potential to monitor at a higher level than the Cores/Cells can when not combined), and Zygod is an on-request form for more processing power to handle extreme disarray in the ecosystem.

Metagross and his four brains better move out 'the way.

EDIT- So they suggest that the only one you can't fight with is ZyCell, which may mean ZyCore also has access to (at least parts of) Zygarde's movepool. And ZyCell may be relegated to being a key item, or something, like the Mystery Egg.

Last edited:
Thqt sounds really badass! Make a fun quest to get him and all. It be like hatching your mon or hunting down the stones ( guess slightly more tedious sometimes) but would make it feel like "Ihave worked and achieved the to weild ZyGod!" (really badass nickname for him actually).

Was curious why didnt see news for it yesterday. Glad to see got some today

EDIT: Now did i read this right? Is it saying ZyCore is a Pokemon? One that we could use i mean. I read the cells as ones that cant battle, so would we hold em as key items or eggs? And would the c9re just be to weak to act on his own? Idk just lot of thoughts

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
And here we go: Official English reveal of the new Zygarde formes.

More info and pics in the links.

EDIT: It seems like the guy who guessed "You will go around the region, looking for Zygarde cells" was correct. If we ever meet IRL, I owe you a cookie, courtesy of the OI staff.
Wow! It sounds really sci-fi! I'm very impressed and excited now.

Ash's Greninja description looks like it's worded to hint a Mega evolution, really. Bond between Pokemon and trainers, bond raised to the limit, a phenomenon that has several hundred years history in Kalos... IT'S A DAMN MEGA ISN'T IT?

I really don't see this on a box art. It feels so out of place when it's supposed to be part of the Kalos Trio. I mean, Yveltal and Xerneas are really good box legends designs in my opinion, why did they made it like a robot. It's as if Regigigas were part of the legendary beasts.. so out of place..

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If there is a quest to collect the Zygarde cells, Game Freak might intend to give use a Zygarde Core very early in the game. Unlike the Cell the site doesn't say Core can't battle on its own and looks like a first-stage mon you'd find in the early-game, so we might have a Legendary Pokémon in our party from the get-go.

Super pumped for this.

"It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery. "

Yup, Ash continues to be a special fucking snowflake for being a shitty trainer :V
Though this to me does seem to 100% confirm it's not a Mega -- it specifically mentions taking on characteristics of Ash's attire rather than a general trainer bond thing. From this we can possibly assume something like being able to customize your starter's appearance in Z -- it might even be a weird new form thing, but not a Mega. This seems to break the rules for mega evolving even more than Mega Ray did.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
"It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery. "

Yup, Ash continues to be a special fucking snowflake for being a shitty trainer :V
Though this to me does seem to 100% confirm it's not a Mega -- it specifically mentions taking on characteristics of Ash's attire rather than a general trainer bond thing. From this we can possibly assume something like being able to customize your starter's appearance in Z -- it might even be a weird new form thing, but not a Mega. This seems to break the rules for mega evolving even more than Mega Ray did.
I wouldn't say it's a 100% de-confirmation because it still requires a strong bond, which is something that's also needed for Mega Evolution.

I wouldn't say it's a 100% de-confirmation because it still requires a strong bond, which is something that's also needed for Mega Evolution.
True, but you also need a strong bond to evolve Chansey and get Draco Meteor on your Gabite. Strong Bonds is a theme that's been running through the series since Red and Blue; emphasized particularly in the anime - it's not something specific to Mega Evolution.

I feel that Ash's Greninja won't be something we get explicitly in game, but I have a feeling that our starter Pokemon or something in "Z" would go through this same sort of bonding and dressing up at some point in the story. It can't be Mega Evolution because it hasn't been seen in over 100 years, but Mega Evolution has been seen dozens of times before.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What else does this sound like? AZ's Floette.

Not gonna lie, not a fan of Zygod's design. Zycore, cell and dog are fine (dog being perhaps a tad mundane), but Zygod just doesn't look much like a Pokemon at all. I know, that envelope's been pushed more and more (Hoopa-U, anyone?), but Zygod's blocky humanoid design just looks out of place, especially the legs and feet.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
With the talk of bonds, maybe a Pokemon other than Eevee will get something out of Pokemon-amie.
I like this theory that certain Pokemon gain attributes similar to the player character at 5+ hearts in Pokemon Amie. Ash has always had incredibly strong bonds with all of his Pokemon and this has been shown in the anime on many many occasions.

Maybe in Z they ramp up some aspects of Amie for certain Pokemon... Starters are the only things that spring to mind, but the anime has shown Pokemon like Richie's Pikachu with the hair ruffle and others with idiosyncrasies. Maybe as well as player customization, we start getting Pokemon customization too...

I like this theory that certain Pokemon gain attributes similar to the player character at 5+ hearts in Pokemon Amie. Ash has always had incredibly strong bonds with all of his Pokemon and this has been shown in the anime on many many occasions.

Maybe in Z they ramp up some aspects of Amie for certain Pokemon... Starters are the only things that spring to mind, but the anime has shown Pokemon like Richie's Pikachu with the hair ruffle and others with idiosyncrasies. Maybe as well as player customization, we start getting Pokemon customization too...
You know how clothes in XY all had different brands and motifs, and how different coordinated outfits would play differing jingles and light effects as you went to view your design? I see a connection.

Oh oh oh!

What if Greninja is the Mega Evo, but since Protean lets it changes its type, its MEGA EVO CHANGES SLIGHTLY to match CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION??

The verbage sounds exactly like Mega Evo imo...

I really don't see this on a box art. It feels so out of place when it's supposed to be part of the Kalos Trio. I mean, Yveltal and Xerneas are really good box legends designs in my opinion, why did they made it like a robot. It's as if Regigigas were part of the legendary beasts.. so out of place..
We don't necessarily know Zygod is going to be on the cover of the game. For all we know, it might be Zygarde 50%, or even ZyCore.

Am I the only one who thinks Complete Zygarde looks cool as fuck and doesn't give a shit about whether it "looks like a pokemon" when vanillite and seel exist

I'd rather get back to speculating tbh
Remember when people were calling Dialga and Palkia Digimon? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I agree with this. Complete Zygarde has its own style and I'm not going to complain when Gamefreak tries something new.

Am I the only one who thinks Complete Zygarde looks cool as fuck and doesn't give a shit about whether it "looks like a pokemon" when vanillite and seel exist

I'd rather get back to speculating tbh
Like I said, the only problem I have with it is the red and blue being quite tacky if it is a permanent color thing rather than a temporary glow like Zekrom and Reshiram's tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)