What kind of cellphone do you use?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S
its old af, but the thing is more of a tank then Shuckle, i dropped down a flight of stairs and NOTHING cracked. but don't get this phone, many cool apps are uncompatible (like Twitch for example) AND it has the crappest storage to ever exist on the face of the earth. also apps that say require 44Mb of storage cannot be downloaded if you have more than DOUBLE that space available. You need an SD card to take photos, and you can't download apps straight to the SD card, you need to download it to your internal storage then move it. I've been praying for a better phone for about a month now. but it has all your basic needs intact....

I'm this close to getting an iPhone 5S. Like I said, since I can't update to iOS 8 every single app is getting outdated. I'll probably be signing a new contract within the next few weeks.

jrp

Banned deucer.
rocking a first gen moto x right now. my moto x pure edition should be here within the week

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Nice to have a waterproof phone, but otherwise it is meh.
I'm assuming it's literally like the normal S4 but waterproof? If that's the case then idk how it's meh :o i've had mine since release and it's pretty damn good, got a bit clunky though but that's probably cuz I've had it for a while and never really bothered clearing it up. Might get a new phone soon but the S4 is super convenient for now.

I'm assuming it's literally like the normal S4 but waterproof? If that's the case then idk how it's meh :o i've had mine since release and it's pretty damn good, got a bit clunky though but that's probably cuz I've had it for a while and never really bothered clearing it up. Might get a new phone soon but the S4 is super convenient for now.
It simply freezes for like 5 seconds often when I want to go to settings or check what the alert I just got was all about.

ive had a rumor touch for about 5 years now, still works fine even though i've accidentally thrown/dropped it a thousand times

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bought the Honor 6 plus 3 months ago. It's currently at the service center, the screen decided that after 3 months of hard labour, it deserved a vacation. Apart from that and the vastly outdated KitKat OS, and the disappointing speaker, it was perfect.

About a week ago I upgraded to an iPhone 5S and I'm very happy with it. Slick design and interface as always, in my opinion. It does its job and it does it fast. I don't think I'll ever need more than this.

Last edited:
I don't remember my cell phone's name at the moment but it was pretty small and it got the job done with calls. Design was bland, screen was tiny, and other than being used for calls it almost had no other values. Guess I just got one of those cheap phones...anyway long story short I can't use it anymore anyway, the charger for it was shred up by a vacuum cleaner and the phone itself got its screen cracked. RIP.

I don't remember my cell phone's name at the moment but it was pretty small and it got the job done with calls. Design was bland, screen was tiny, and other than being used for calls it almost had no other values. Guess I just got one of those cheap phones...anyway long story short I can't use it anymore anyway, the charger for it was shred up by a vacuum cleaner and the phone itself got its screen cracked. RIP.
Do you know what brand it was? You made me quite curious.

I used to have a 5S, but got a Galaxy S6 Edge on my birthday. Cracked soon after, and have had my regular S6 ever since :)

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
ios 9 runs well on the 5S, if that is why you have!

Still digging the s6. Fast charging is still super duper fast, battery life may have even improved over the last 6 months (probably software updates), and the only hints of lag are an occasional blip in google keyboard (though this is reminiscent of the keyboard glitches that would arise in every iphome that i have owned for more than a few months, not to mention that the Google keyboard is technically non-native to the phone).

Even better: it is the only(maybe the note 4 too?) phone compatible with samsung's new-ish oculus rift adaptation (which is fantastic).

Running the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, for the Duo Sim capabilities! I'm switching to the Moto X Style relatively soon, but I love having two sims on my daily driver, as well as the big screen for my hands. It's not amazing, but it was what I needed at the time. I used to run iPhones, but had issues with Apple in the past and decided that they lost my business. Nothing against Apple users, just my experience I had with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)