Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I've been trying to build a decent team around this core, but it turns out I'm kinda ass at teambuilding. Any help would be much appreciated. (Can we specify the playstyle, or should that be obvious from the core?)

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA /252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Wallbreaker + sweeper duo. I'm aware that Hydreigon is kinda outclassed by Hoopa-U, and I'm stacking weaknesses, but I'd been wanting to try this one out as two-thirds of a FSD core for a while. Thanks!

Hey -Clone- I was wondering if you ever made a team with the core I posted. I hope I didn't miss it and it's totally fine if you ended up dropping it. Just curious ^^"

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Builder's Choice

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

I'd like to request a team around these two mons. Seeing as Mega Alakazam and Choice Band Scizor form a potent duo, I thought I'd switch their roles to have a better Knock Off absorber in Mega Scizor and a more powerful, albeit slower, special attacker in Life Orb Alakazam. Sets can be adapted to team needs, of course.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone build around this pls?

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Both of these mons compliment each other almost perfectly and do an excellent job covering each others' weaknesses. Dragonite's weaknesses to ice and fairy are 4x resisted by Heatran and Heatran's weaknesses to water and fighting are resisted by Dragonite while Dragonite is immune to Heatran's 4x ground weakness. These mons compliment each other so well by virtue of their typing, and their movepools. The main things that stop the particular Dragonite set that I'm using after it gets set up to +1 (super easy with multiscale) are Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Defensive Scizor, which all are handled by Heatran. The main mons that threaten Heatran are most water types, Ground Types, and Powerful fighting types, and Dragonite can deal with basically all of these mons with its natural typing and coverage moves. Also, since Dragonite is opting to use earthquake in the dd set that I'm using, Heatran's fire Coverage is increasingly important as Dragonite isn't running fire punch. One thing to note is that Dragonite has a hard time dealing with Hippowdon and Defensive Landorus-T, who threaten Heatran a fair bit although Heatran can kill them when they get low enough on HP. The one mon that this core has the biggest trouble with is probably azumarill which threatens the core with SE STAB moves aand +1 dnite's earthquake only does ~60% to it. Heatran obviously can't do 50% with Flash Cannon, unless it gets a max roll vs the BD set. Offensive starmie with ice beam can also do big damage to this core. Offensive Grass types make great partners to this core as they can kill the ground types and water type that this core cannot always muscle past. If i missed anything, please feel free to remind me by tagging me instead of just quoting this post. Also, rain sweepers also threaten this core, which is another reason to pair this core with a nice offensive grass type.

There's already a team (that I myself requested) with this core here.
Oh shoot, sorry about that.

Ok, instead can I have a team with:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator -> Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Kyurem-B @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I'd love a balance team with Mega Slowbro as the primary win condition. Mega Slowbro's titanic defense allows it to set up against a lot of the faster (mostly physical) threats that Kyurem tends to have issues with, like Mega Lopunny, Sand Rush Excadrill, and Keldeo. In return, Kyurem-B handles the bulky water and grass types that Slowbro hates, like Celebi and Gyarados. Kyurem's Earth Power beats electrics like Mega Manectric and Magnezone, and Thundurus gets hit by Ice Beam. If you think HP Fire would be better to get rid of Scizor and Ferrothorn, then that's an option too.

Ultimately, the point is for Kyurem-B to remove threats to a M-Slowbro sweep. More special bulk would always be appreciated, as Kyurem-B isn't the best at switching into stuff, and Slowbro needs to set up before it can really take hits on both sides. If Earth Power is kept on Kyurem-B, Scizor and Ferrothorn become problematic, so something would need to be done about that. Volt-Turn is annoying, since Slowbro is weak to both pivot moves and i

I had posted a trio more than a week ago, but it seems that it has been forgotten/ignored. Here it is:
Oh, good to see the shop open again. I'd like to request a semi-stall/bulky offense team... centered around Trick Room, and featuring these Pokémon:

or

Hephaestus (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Will-O-Wisp

Demeter (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Poseidon (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Otherwise...

Poseidon (Slowking) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Nasty Plot

A classic FGW core with a little twist. Mega Camerupt is mainly used to punch holes into the opposing team, but Water-types can be very difficult for it to handle. As such, Slowbro (or Slowking, if a special tank and additional hole-puncher is deemed better) and Ferrothorn can tank Water-attacks for the camel, while it can demolish Grass-types than could be troublesome for its teammates.

I guess the team would need another Trick Room setter in case Slowbro/Slowking is down. Also, movesets and spreads can be changed freely to better suit the team.
If it is considered too difficult or tricky (no pun intended) then I can change my request.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, here's a very offensive core i thought of that features fight spam. Terrak + keldeo have pretty decent synergy because they can either overwhelm or just break down each others counters. Basically keleo is meant to break down bulky grounds and such for terrakion. Mega venu and grass types are a problem though.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute/Quick Attack

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Either one can be changed to scarf if necessary.
Mio

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I had posted a trio more than a week ago, but it seems that it has been forgotten/ignored. Here it is:

If it is considered too difficult or tricky (no pun intended) then I can change my request.
I'll try it. I'm gonna make one version with TR and one without cause I want to try Camerupt on a non-TR team :toast: I'll post both when I'm done.

matthewc20090
Original Core: Rotom-W + Off. Scolipede
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Protect

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 76 SpA / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
Really wanted to pick up Scolipede because AM and I were talking about how anti-metagame it is right now. Rotom-W is a great teammate because it comes in on Talonflame and most forms of priority for free. Garchomp is your secondary bird check while phazing a lot of passive damage for Scolipede. Toxic is an excellent option because it puts Hippowdon, Zapdos, along with opposing Rotom-W and Garchomp on a timer. I lacked a switch-in for Latios, Mega Gardevoir, and Serperior, so Klefki was neat. Not only does it form a hazard stacking core with Garchomp, it has access to priority Thunder Wave which gives me complete dominance over the pace of the game. Instead of the standard key chain set, I used 2 attacks (aka lord set). 76 Special Attacks EVs gives me freedom against Mega Sableye with Dazzling Gleam and Foul Play makes sure Mega Scizor can't set up on me and prevents Excadrill from switching in consistently. It has some other perks outside of that. Basically, I had a solid backbone right now, and the best part was that my mega slot was not consumed! Enter Mega Sharpedo. It creates a double Speed Boost core with Scolipede giving me the throne in this speed invested metagame. Ice Beam lures in Garchomp for Scolipede which means if Mega Sharpedo loses afterwards, Scolipede can clean the rest of my opponent's team. This can be seen a situation where I removed Garchomp and sack my Mega Sharpedo to a Thundurus assuming no paralysis. This opens a gate for Scolipede to clean the rest of my foe's squad. The team could easily dismantle offensive teams, but balance would still be problematic. Flamethrower Clefable is another anti-metagame 'mon because it beats a lot of switch-ins. Clefable is the ultimate glue right now. When you are using this team, just be aware that you should get Mega Venusaur status'd as soon as possible because it is this team's greatest threat.
v. Sand Offense

Satoryu
Original Core: Mega Sharpedo + CM Latios
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
Another Mega Sharpedo team except by request, not will. Calm Mind Latios is legit dude. It comes in on a lot of crap and starts setting up and nuking making balance teams into liabilities (same with stall once you get rid of Gothibroke). Magnezone is a nice way to complete the core because it traps Ferrothorn and Scizor for your core. At this point, anyone can tell that Garchomp is the best teammate for Mega Sharpedo at the moment, and Garchomp is also the best rocker for offense right now. I originally finished the team with Breloom + Bisharp, but the team ended up auto-losing to a lot of things like Serperior, Weavile, and Mega Altaria which is pretty sad for an offensive team. Tornadus-T replaces the former and I went with the most deadly set which is Life Orb Hurricane / Superpower / Heat Wave / U-turn. It breaks balance and shits on stall. Scizor replaces the latter and it beats Mega Altaria, Weavile, and completes a legit Volt-Turn core with Magnezone. Obviously, Mega Manectric is the biggest threat for this team. In theory, Latios is going to mitigate the weakness by a margin, but then you realize that Mega Manectric is usually paired with a Pursuit trapper :[ Anyways, it's pretty solid. Hope you enjoy it.
v. Mega Altaria Balance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA /252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice beam
- Scald
- Energy Ball.
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 hp / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire. I want a ho team around these cores basically kyurem helps manaphy with its grass and electric weakness thanks to its resistance like rotom-w mega manteic raikou and ohkos them and it's a good lure for ferrthorn witch manaphy struggles against and manpahy checks kyurems counter like bulky steel types like scizor etc

I'm back again requesting another team, let's see how this works out:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

This is an interesting FWG core, and as I started with Talon I knew I wanted hazard removal, but also wanted something a little special, so I went with Mega Blastoise to partner up with it. Aura Sphere vs Ice Beam will get chosen based on what the final team needs, so I won't make a call on that since I don't know the entire team yet. I also have Ferro to complete the FWG core, and also get a switch-in for T-Wave and Toxic. You may do slight alterations to the sets, but I want to keep Talon to be an Acro set, and I obv need Spin on Blastoise. This would probably end up being bulky offense or maybe balance, which I both like playing with so go with whichever one fits best.

Hello n_n
I'd love it if someone could build me a decent team with the Zard X+Latias core
I'd prefer it to be Hyper Offense or Balnce

(You can change the set (:)
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

(Can't get the model to appear :P)
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Zard X hates Rocks, which Latias removes
Latias also gives Zard a second chance to sweep with Healing Wish
Dragon spam should weaken the opposing team enough to let Zard sweep late game
Thank you in advance ^_^

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Can someone build around this pls?

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Both of these mons compliment each other almost perfectly and do an excellent job covering each others' weaknesses. Dragonite's weaknesses to ice and fairy are 4x resisted by Heatran and Heatran's weaknesses to water and fighting are resisted by Dragonite while Dragonite is immune to Heatran's 4x ground weakness. These mons compliment each other so well by virtue of their typing, and their movepools. The main things that stop the particular Dragonite set that I'm using after it gets set up to +1 (super easy with multiscale) are Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Defensive Scizor, which all are handled by Heatran. The main mons that threaten Heatran are most water types, Ground Types, and Powerful fighting types, and Dragonite can deal with basically all of these mons with its natural typing and coverage moves. Also, since Dragonite is opting to use earthquake in the dd set that I'm using, Heatran's fire Coverage is increasingly important as Dragonite isn't running fire punch. One thing to note is that Dragonite has a hard time dealing with Hippowdon and Defensive Landorus-T, who threaten Heatran a fair bit although Heatran can kill them when they get low enough on HP. The one mon that this core has the biggest trouble with is probably azumarill which threatens the core with SE STAB moves aand +1 dnite's earthquake only does ~60% to it. Heatran obviously can't do 50% with Flash Cannon, unless it gets a max roll vs the BD set. Offensive starmie with ice beam can also do big damage to this core. Offensive Grass types make great partners to this core as they can kill the ground types and water type that this core cannot always muscle past. If i missed anything, please feel free to remind me by tagging me instead of just quoting this post. Also, rain sweepers also threaten this core, which is another reason to pair this core with a nice offensive grass type.
Got this.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Wasup Stripes i saw the double fighting spam and caught my eyes just because i think Terrakion is a underated threat that no many people remember how hard it hit, this duo have a serious problems with Lati@s, so the next member is Scarf Rachi not only give the team a Lati@s switch but also give speed and healing Wish support for late game, paired with keldeo provides check for Mega Scizor too which can be deadly late game, You gotta play carefully. I needed rock and a solid pivot for strong phisycal attacker so Lando-T give me the rol i was looking for, this mon bates bulky mons in general which i have the wallbreakers to kill things so a slow U-turn i appreciated, also check Zard X, as my next mon i need defog + zard Y check + Torn-T kinda check Bulky Latias provide all this and is a nice glue in general for the team, now i have a free mega slot so i tried a couple megas here but i choose the less standar which also is in the team because provide a lure for the rest of the team, the mega slot is for Sceptile, YES Sceptile you can think is an odd mega slot but Lure Talonflame on the switch which is a huge annoyance for the team, also Dpulse + Rocks + Rock Slide kills AVTorn-t because nobody expect Rock Slide Sceptile, but if you think isnt your style another mega that works with this team is Mega manectric. Hope you Enjoy the team and GL.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 64 Atk / 224 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Energy Ball
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

OR

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

PD: Monkey Smurf hey man, i found this team very similar for your core so replace Gyarados > Keldeo !! gl

Hey guys,

I was thinking about Mega Metagross a lot lately and how to build a team with him. Then I thought that Keldeo might actually be a really good partner.

Mega Metagross is weak to Fire, Ground, Ghost and Dark and Keldeo resists Fire and Dark and can pretty easily get rid of Ground types with STAB Scald or Hydro Pump.

On the other side, Keldeo is weak to Flying, Grass, Electric, Psychic and Fairy and Metagross resists a lot of types including Flying, Grass, Fairy and Psychic, which only does a quarter damage to him. Also, Keldeo is quite good at taking care of Mega Metagross' counters, such as Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Dark types and bulky Ground types, like Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and other stuff.

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Grass Knot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

For Mega Metagross, I went simply for 4 attack moves set. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are STAB moves with Tough Claws buff, so they deal tons of damage. Hammer Arm to deal with some other Steel types and stuff. I could not decide though whether should I take Ice Punch or Grass Knot. Ice Punch is great to deal with Ground types, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and Gliscor, but Grass Knot can deal with bulky Ground types and bulky Water types, which can check Keldeo. Jolly Nature to outspeed things and full EVs in Attack and Speed simply to be a better sweeper. Clear Body before mega evolving, so that you don't get intimidated and so.

For Keldeo, I went full offensive set as well. Choice Specs for amazing wallbreaking capabilities. Scald is the STAB move, which you can be confident with spamming, because it does good amount of damage and has chance to burn. Secret Sword is the Fighting type STAB move, which helps you deal with Chansey very easily. Hydro Pump is another Water type STAB, which you can use to break through bulky walls. Icy Wind can 2HKO Latios and Dragonite and it also lowers enemy Speed stats, which is great.
Also, I would prefer a balance team rather than a HO team.

That's all from me atm and I really hope you will notice this one and make a viable team around these two mons.

btw thanks scald for correcting me

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys,

I was thinking about Mega Metagross a lot lately and how to build a team with him. Then I thought that Keldeo might actually be a really good partner.

Mega Metagross is weak to Fire, Ground, Ghost and Dark and Keldeo resists Fire and Dark and can pretty easily get rid of Ground types with STAB Scald or Hydro Pump.

On the other side, Keldeo is weak to Flying, Grass, Electric, Psychic and Fairy and Metagross resists a lot of types including Flying, Grass, Fairy and Psychic, which only does a quarter damage to him. Also, Keldeo is quite good at taking care of Mega Metagross' counters, such as Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Dark types and bulky Ground types, like Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and other stuff.

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Grass Knot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Sacred Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

For Mega Metagross, I went simply for 4 attack moves set. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are STAB moves with Tough Claws buff, so they deal tons of damage. Hammer Arm to deal with some other Steel types and stuff. I could not decide though whether should I take Ice Punch or Grass Knot. Ice Punch is great to deal with Ground types, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and Gliscor, but Grass Knot can deal with bulky Ground types and bulky Water types, which can check Keldeo. Jolly Nature to outspeed things and full EVs in Attack and Speed simply to be a better sweeper. Clear Body before mega evolving, so that you don't get intimidated and so.

For Keldeo, I went full offensive set as well. Choice Specs for amazing wallbreaking capabilities. Scald is the STAB move, which you can be confident with spamming, because it does good amount of damage and has chance to burn. Sacred Sword is the Fighting type STAB move, which helps you deal with Chansey very easily. Hydro Pump is another Water type STAB, which you can use to break through bulky walls. Icy Wind can 2HKO Latios and Dragonite and it also lowers enemy Speed stats, which is great. I went Hasty, so that Keldeo could outspeed many thinbecause I didn't want the damage decrease for Sacred Sword and it is not like Keldeo would survive Brave Bird from Talonflame anyway.

That's all from me atm and I really hope you will notice this one and make a viable team around these two mons.
Why would you ever run sacred sword on Keldeo? Secret sword hits chansey just as hard since you seem to be worried about it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Volt Switch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Really fun looking Electric Spam core that AM posted in the Good Cores thread. I can't teambuild for shit so I was hoping one of you guys can do something with it.

+

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

i am looking for an OFFENSIVE TEAM based around this core. Weavile takes on Venu's threats such as Latios, Tornadus, and heatran to some extent. Venu checks Weaviles checks like Azu, keldeo, clefable, and certain scizor variants

Why would you ever run sacred sword on Keldeo? Secret sword hits chansey just as hard since you seem to be worried about it.
Oh yeah, I couldn't remember if it's Sacred or Secret, so I just typed Sacred in PS Teambuilder, because that was the one which got first into my mind and thought that was it and then I saw it is actually physical and was kinda confused, because I always thought it is special, but apparently I just used the wrong move.

Hey guys,

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Grass Knot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

For Keldeo, I went full offensive set as well. Choice Specs for amazing wallbreaking capabilities. Scald is the STAB move, which you can be confident with spamming, because it does good amount of damage and has chance to burn. Secret Sword is the Fighting type STAB move, which helps you deal with Chansey very easily. Hydro Pump is another Water type STAB, which you can use to break through bulky walls. Icy Wind can 2HKO Latios and Dragonite and it also lowers enemy Speed stats, which is great.

btw thanks scald for correcting me
Alright, nevermind. I just realised you made a team with these two mons already, sorry for bothering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Volt Switch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Really fun looking Electric Spam core that AM posted in the Good Cores thread. I can't teambuild for shit so I was hoping one of you guys can do something with it.
Fun fun fun, fuck TDK's team with this core, mine will blow him out of the water.

i would like to request a Hippo Balance Team with CB Victini. i tried to build one for a long time, but i couldn't build something that abuses at best his abilities. there aren't any teams with Victini, ao it is nice to add one.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
- U-turn

i would like to request a Hippo Balance Team with CB Victini. i tried to build one for a long time, but i couldn't build something that abuses at best his abilities. there aren't any teams with Victini, ao it is nice to add one.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
- U-turn
I'll take this.

So I have this core of three bulkmons:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

I would really like a team around these guys, because I simply love bulky pokemons. I went for mixed defenses for all of them, so that nothing can surprise me and to prevent certain OHKOs/2HKOs.

Mega Scizor is great. His only weakness is to Fire, which is resisted by Slowbro. Despite being tanky he can also sweep very well after setting up Swords Dance and restoring health during setting up to stay healthy.

Slowbro is great as well, because as mentioned above, he resists Scizor's only weakness and Scizor can resist few of Slowbro's weaknesses as well, like Dark and Grass. I went for the mainstream moveset, no need to explain it.

Clefable is there to support the team, because Will-o-Wisp'ed Mega Scizor is simply bad and you just don't want any status on any of your mons. Stealth Rock is useful to make sweeping easier, since this is not offensive core. Soft-Boiled to heal and Moonblast to do some damage at least with the little chance to decrease enemy SpDef.

Around these mons, I would like either a balance or bulky offense team.

PRAISE THE BULK

I like this topic, I would like a Kyurem - B, and M - Diancie core to use on a sand team.

Sets:
Kyurem-B@ leftovers
Lonely:Travolta
56 HP 80 Atk 136 Sp.atk 236 speed
Substitute
Fusion Bolt
Outrage
Ice beam

Diancie@diancite
Naive:clear body
36 Atk 236 sp.atk 252 Speed
Protect
Earth Power
Diamond Storm
Moonblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)