ORAS Ubers Primal Kyogre Team

Edited as of 9/29/15
-------
I've used several Primal Groudon teams in the past, and I wanted to give Kyogre some love too, so I made a team for it. ^.^ Most of the Pokemon are anti-pgon considering it countes Kyogre hardcore, but they function well for other things as well. I'm a bit horrid at teambuilding so feel free to leave harsh feedback if needed. x3
-------

Sapphire (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

The main star of my team is Kyogre. :3 Obviously he'll be in his primal form. I used to use a standard set: Origin Pulse, Thunder, HP Ground (for PGon), and Calm Mind, but it didn't really work out for me. So I switched to a defensive set that also manages to counter Darkrai (along with Xerneas, only this guy doesn't have a weakness to Sludge Bomb ^^'). Scald is used over Origin Pulse for the burn chance, and even with a power drop I think it's worth it. Ice Beam is for a little bit of coverage. Sleep Talk and Rest are there for reliable recovery, and, like I said earlier, to counter Darkrai.

TheGreatWall (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

From what I've seen from battling and other people, Lugia is one of the biggest counters to PGon. :3 So I used it. Ice Beam is for a bit of coverage (using it instead of Aeroblast, because most people predict it). Most of the set is self-explanatory and average Lugia stuff. :s

Checkmate (Arceus) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Originally this guy was Arceus-Ground, but someone I suggested I changed it to Arceus-Rock, so thanks. :3 This guy can pretty much maul Ho-Oh, and can dish out some damage to Mega Salamence. It also manages to resist Normal Arceus's priority (which can be a pain and is somewhat common), so that's a plus. I kind of use him to somewhat stall sometimes (WoW+Recover), which is nifty. It also knows Defog to get rid of those pesky entry hazards. Judgment is a hard-hitting STAB move, so there's really not a reason to use it.

latlevY (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Taunt

Yet another PGon counter! :3 You can never be too safe, right? I always run defensive Yveltal. Foul Play destroys PGon, especially if they have some sort of attack boost. Sucker Punch is there for the case that Yveltal is outsped by PGon. Roost for obvious reasons. Taunt is there in case the opponent's team doesn't actually have a PGon but has an entry hazard setter instead. This thing can completely destroy Deoxys-S as well.

Holy Moose (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

I forgot what this slot originally was, but I eventually replaced it with Xerneas because Darkrais were superbly annoying. :s Most people expect a Geomancy sweep, so they switch accordingly, giving me time to use Aromatherapy if anyone in my team is crippled. Rest and Sleep Talk for a good combo (2/3 chance of using a good moveslot, Aromatherapy or Moonblast {strong STAB move}). My main problem with Sleep Talk is when it decides to use Rest (happens more than you'd think! xP) and when Xerneas wakes up and I use Sleep Talk on the same turn. ;_; Other than that though, it's a really good part of my team.

SafetyScizzors (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Scizor used to be my defogger, but Arceus-Rock now handles that, so this guy is now a wonderful Pursuit user. :s Bullet Punch is for revenge killing and hurts Xerneas a bit. Roost is for recovery and Pursuit is there for some minor trapping. I don't know why I put U-Turn there as I rarely use it, but I really don't know anything better to use (I'm thinking of replacing it with Superpower since I rarely use U-Turn). My Scizor is defensive so Swords Dance just doesn't seem to cut it. :3
-------
There's probably flaws in this team, which is why I'm posting this. :3 Yes, I have used this team. I just want to know what I can do to further improve it. Thanks!

IMPORTABLE
Ability: Drizzle
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Checkmate (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

latlevY (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Taunt

Holy Moose (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

SafetyScizzors (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

-------
Retired 'Mons:
Checkmate (Arceus) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Another huge PGon counter. :3 If I see a Groudon on my enemy's team this is usually the thing I send out first. Most Groudons (from what I've seen) are support-oriented so while they set up their SR I can just swords dance. Earthquake usually deals around 30% of Groudon's hp if they have max defense EVs (I think? I dunno, I used a damage calculator x3) so it usually doesn't hit that hard but most of the time it scares 'em and they switch out. >w< It's also immune to Thunder Wave which is a plus, considering most support PGons carry that so it's an easy switch in for me.
-------

Last edited:
Bump? ;"; I read the rules and it didn't say if you were allowed to bump threads that were still relevant but it never said you couldn't either. Sorry if I'm breaking a rule. :c

haxiom edit: ye this is fine, but you're only allowed one bump (you can reply to rates though).

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hi!
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I cannot give you a full rate at this moment, but I will give you a quick overview of some issues I can see wit your team that are causing it to not perform to its full potential, and if I remember (I forget a lot of things) I will come back in and edit this to be a fuller, more helpful rate.

Issues:
-Lack of Stealth rocks. Stelth Rock is probably the only move in the game that is considered mandatory on a team, and you lack it. You lose out on valuable passive damage, especially since Rocks and Whirlwind is a nice means of getting chip damage on a random Pokemon.
-Honestly, I feel like Mega Scizor isn't the best idea for this team, and neither is Yveltal. I would probably switch them out for Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, which is kind of something I hate doing, but you get both a rocker and a Mega that can not only check certain Arceus variants and PDon, but function offensively as well and not be a free Xerneas switch-in like Yveltal. The Defensive defog set could work here for Mega salamence.
I'm sure there's other things, but right now I am too tired to provide quality. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on and actually provide a full rate, like I want.

Hi!
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I cannot give you a full rate at this moment, but I will give you a quick overview of some issues I can see wit your team that are causing it to not perform to its full potential, and if I remember (I forget a lot of things) I will come back in and edit this to be a fuller, more helpful rate.

Issues:
-Lack of Stealth rocks. Stelth Rock is probably the only move in the game that is considered mandatory on a team, and you lack it. You lose out on valuable passive damage, especially since Rocks and Whirlwind is a nice means of getting chip damage on a random Pokemon.
-Honestly, I feel like Mega Scizor isn't the best idea for this team, and neither is Yveltal. I would probably switch them out for Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, which is kind of something I hate doing, but you get both a rocker and a Mega that can not only check certain Arceus variants and PDon, but function offensively as well and not be a free Xerneas switch-in like Yveltal. The Defensive defog set could work here for Mega salamence.
I'm sure there's other things, but right now I am too tired to provide quality. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on and actually provide a full rate, like I want.
Firstly, thanks for replying. ;D

Secondly, Mega Salamence seems like a good addition. I've never really used him before so it could be interesting. I didn't want to put a PGon on the team because I wanted this team to revolve around POgre (is that how you abbreviate Primal Kyogre? ;x;'), and having another primal would (in my eyes) take away some of the specialty that POgre would have. ^^ But I might just do that.

Hey there,
I really like your team except of the fact, that you lack a good answer for Ho-Oh and Mega Salamence. It seems to be the worst enemies for your team. I would rate you to use a Arceus-Rock to fix that weekness. That provides you another check for SD Arceus. To be honest I would use an Aegislash over Scizor, but its fine. With the addition of the different support arceus, you should use Pursuit over Defog on M-Scizor to trap stuff like M-Gengar and Latias/Latios forms. Furthermore I would rather use Sleeptalk on Kyogre for Darkrai, because it can set up on everything and with a good support it will sweep you. Arceus Rock and defensiv Kyogre will cover most of your weaks.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Hey there,
I really like your team except of the fact, that you lack a good answer for Ho-Oh and Mega Salamence. It seems to be the worst enemies for your team. I would rate you to use a Arceus-Rock to fix that weekness. That provides you another check for SD Arceus. To be honest I would use an Aegislash over Scizor, but its fine. With the addition of the different support arceus, you should use Pursuit over Defog on M-Scizor to trap stuff like M-Gengar and Latias/Latios forms. Furthermore I would rather use Sleeptalk on Kyogre for Darkrai, because it can set up on everything and with a good support it will sweep you. Arceus Rock and defensiv Kyogre will cover most of your weaks.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
Thanks, what do you reckon I should swap out for Arcues-Rock, the current Arceus? :s I tend to use different team versions that're saved separately (v1, v2, etc.) so I wouldn't mind testing out these. :3

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I believe Steve wants to change Arceus formes, yes.
One thing I notice is that Primal Kyogre wrecks you, Ironically. It has coverage on 4 of your 6 Pokemon, and the two that it doesn't (Scizor, Xerneas) get 2HKO'ed by Origin Pulse. Even with the addition of Primal Groudon, it doesn't like switching in (Ice Beam 3hkoes spDef variants I believe.) So, you could possibly slot in a Latias somewhere. I don't know exactly where would be best yet lol, but it is something to think about. It does also use defog if you aren't really feeling the whole "let's have a Mega on the team" vibe. what you could do is get rid of Xerneas for it, as you gain a new MMence soft-check in Arceus-Rock. This also lets you free up a moveslot on Mega salamence which can now run a dragon dance+Refresh set.
So, I would advise:
Mega scizor-> Mega salamence
Yveltal-> Primal Groudon
Xerneas-> Latias
Note these changes do make you a bit more Xerneas weak, but it can be managed.

Hey there,

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
One question ( 8-BIT Luster since you're also replying :3)-Why Scald instead of Origin Pulse? Is it for the burn?

Alrighty, remade the team using your suggestions. :3 Here it is:
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Ruby (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Juliet (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Salamince (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I've made 4 versions so far (1st one being the original, 2nd one w/ Arceus Rock and MegaMence, 3rd one w/ Arcues Rock and Pursuit Scizor, 4th one is this ^ one). I'll try out all of them and see which one is the best. Thanks guys for helping! ^^

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Oh yes, if you want to make a spoiler, you do [ hide] (minus the space between the bracket and the h, instead of
And yes, Defensive Kyogre runs Scald for the burn chance.[/hide]

Oh yes, if you want to make a spoiler, you do [ hide] (minus the space between the bracket and the h, instead of
And yes, Defensive Kyogre runs Scald for the burn chance.[/hide]
Thanks, on another forum that also uses XenForo it's . :s

Just did a test run with the final version of the team, 5 mons were alive at the end (one got KO'd because of a misplay on my part). :s

One problem I did have was Lugia getting poisoned and then struggling to survive+some other status problems, because I didn't have a cleric (previously Xerneas). Other than that I think the team is pretty solid now. Thanks guys! ^^

yo gonna keep it quick because i dont have time to do a full rate, but I do recommend you run chartiberry on your defensive yveltal as that will help if double dance p-groudon sets up on something like xerneas or scizor

GeoXern can sweep your team easily. I suggest to change mega Scizor EV spread to 248hp/ 60Atk/200SpDef with adamant nature. With this spread scizor avoid the OHKO from +2 Focus Blast and always 2HKO Xerneas with Bullet Punch. Also you need a rock setter, wich is really important to deal with Ho-oH and lugia, so what about to replace Ground Arceus? set for a 252hp/252 Speed wih Judgament(2HKO Pdon) Stealth Rocks Recover and Will o Wisp or Ice beam, to name a few options

I didn't get any alerts. D:<

yo gonna keep it quick because i dont have time to do a full rate, but I do recommend you run chartiberry on your defensive yveltal as that will help if double dance p-groudon sets up on something like xerneas or scizor
Will try, although I prefer Leftovers in the long run for the heals. ^^ All my other checks to PGon seem to be enough but like I said I'll at least try it. c:

GeoXern can sweep your team easily. I suggest to change mega Scizor EV spread to 248hp/ 60Atk/200SpDef with adamant nature. With this spread scizor avoid the OHKO from +2 Focus Blast and always 2HKO Xerneas with Bullet Punch. Also you need a rock setter, wich is really important to deal with Ho-oH and lugia, so what about to replace Ground Arceus? set for a 252hp/252 Speed wih Judgament(2HKO Pdon) Stealth Rocks Recover and Will o Wisp or Ice beam, to name a few options
I will change the Scizor set, Xerneas does cause some problems for me. ;-; I have different versions of this team now due to all the changes (I like to keep different versions :L guess it's just me), so I'll try to play with all these suggestions and add SR to Ground Arceus if it ends up being on the team. If not would it work on Rock Arcues? c:

Thanks guys!

Edit: Rock Arceus set being used:

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Ho-oh is a threat to your team, especially the life orb variants with t-wave, and rock Arceus is a solyd swicht in to so it's a good option. Also RockCeus helps against mono attacker Mega Salamence in case Yveltal is KO ith WoW and Flying resistence, but keep in mind that now you're weak to Primal Groudon who is nearly in every team, so even Lugia is a great checkk to Pdon, your team is so pasive in terms of offense so what about to replace him for Lati@s? Latios can swichr for free on Precipicle Blades and have a high % to OHKO offensive PrimalGroudon with Draco Meteor. Also you can use lati@s as a deffoger and free the slot to put Stealth Rock on Arceus. The decisions is yours, i'm just suggesting it becasue i don't know exactly your playstyle.

Bttw; U-turn is very situational but works to predict Ho Oh and Groudon swicht--ins to deal some extra damage, but overall Pursuit is more solid option

Looking at some other RMT threads, I think I know what to "do". :s

Changes made (current team version):
Offensive Set ->
Sleep Talk Set
(Ground) SD Set ->
(Rock) WoW+Recover Set
Defogger ->
Pursuit

I have not yet added Lati@s, and I don't plan on adding PGon (sorry ;-;'). I will probably put in SR on Arceus though. I took out Mega Salamence as it didn't seem to suit me.

Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)