The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
last episode of dragon ball super covered less than five minutes of what happened in BotG, incredibly disappointed with how the series is going

gakkou gurashi still quite good, shimoneta/prison school/monmusu all still hilarious

on episode 7 of The Tatami Galaxy and the show is already a 10/10 for me, definitely eager to see how it ends

Stratos

Banned deucer.
psa for anyone who wants to watch charlotte, it tries to take itself seriously but is so cheesy and fails so badly that it actually makes me laugh out loud

worth a watch entirely

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I finished this slice of life anime called 'Say You Love Me' the other day, wasn't bad at all

Also is anyone else following Little Witch Academia 2 development? Cuz I am and I'm stoked

I finished this slice of life anime called 'Say You Love Me' the other day, wasn't bad at all

Also is anyone else following Little Witch Academia 2 development? Cuz I am and I'm stoked
Didn't LWA2 get released already? I've yet to seen either of the films personally but I hear they're pretty good for what they are.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Didn't LWA2 get released already? I've yet to seen either of the films personally but I hear they're pretty good for what they are.
wee-eeelll, when I said I was stoked I didn't necessarily mean I was following development per se, heh heh heh...

Just watched it now, was awesome! Definitely recommend you check out the first as well, it's a lot shorter and is still great fun

Really getting into My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia). Started it as a Naruto void filler, but I'm loving it way more. Kinda takes all the good of Naruto and wipes the flaws clean.

Like the hero isn't an idiot (at least, in comparison to Naruto at the same point in the story), all the powers have drawbacks to keep it balanced, tactics (like calling for help first, discouraging one-on-one fights, and real teamwork) are encouraged, and characters can be jerks but still good at their jobs without hidden agendas (like, one is a real deadbeat father but a completely professional hero).

Any fans out there?

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Yeah I've read mostly half of the whole series thus far (I haven't kept up cuz I can't find my ipad and I'm too lazy to look it up on my laptop). I would say it's got it's charm and it has a lot of great references and throwbacks to marvel and dc superheroes, yet it stays fresh and unique enough to hold on its own. I would definitely see this getting an anime down the road, much like back when I said Seven Deadly Sins would be getting an anime. It's a shounen, so it'll be only a matter of time...

As far as Eureka 7 goes, I finished it and I think it's an underrated gem and everyone who get's the chance should watch it. It's confusing at first, but a lot of the confusing stuff gets cleared up as the series goes on. I loved it. I mean they have a freaking character named Stoner. Dude's dank I tell ya. And Holland is just such a badass. :)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just finished watching Kyousougiga. I highly recommend people pick it up. It's fairly short (10 ep long) and the story is fantastic. It also has a great soundtrack and I am absolutely in love with the OP.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
figure ill get a discussion going. so what are y'alls favourite final episode of a series?

for me its down to tatami galaxy due to just how life affirming it is, or gunbuster due to how absolutely artistic and emotional it gets.

brightobject

there like moonlight
gurren lagann, that one point where they perform like 5 zoom outs just to capture the sheer size and enormous power of the tengen toppa gurren lagann, along with that perfect title drop, made the entire series, with all its ridiculous plot developments, worth it

Last edited:
gurren lagann, that one point where they perform like 5 zoom outs just to capture the sheer size and enormous power of the tengen toppa gurren lagann, along with that perfect title drop, made the entire serious, with all its ridiculous plot developments, worth it
oh man, and when the theme song comes in during the last fight

to this day that scene is one of my favorite moments from any show ever

Mine would be definately Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. It is such a brilliant ending to such a great show, and it just left me not wanting a another season just because it was so final that it doesn't need anymore seasons.

prison school episode 11

IT'S THE LAST EPISODE FOR NOW okay

seriously ties with ping pong ep 10 for me*, I haven't been that excited watching a show in a year

*maybe, I'm not sure

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
yuru yuri season 1. the one where they have the sleepover and akari rolls down the mountain in a barrel naked

.or sora no woto. i really liked the monologue

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really like the last episode of Code Geass R2, the whole finality of it (i won't spoil anything) and the fact that even though it feels like its ended and satisfies a good ending like FMA did it also lets you question a few things (is x still alive????)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The ending to Hunter x Hunter (2011) has probably been my favorite ending so far, despite me very much wanting the show to not end. Just beautifully done imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)