UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I've already talked a bit with Izhuark about this but I'll post a few notes here:
- It's a tough draw rolling scum in your first game, and to boot this is a very unusual game AND I'm not a very fun town leader to deal with as mafia
- For newer players who are confused what is going on, I highly recommend signing up for upcoming NOCs or games which generally are a bit closer to the typical mafia mold. If you have a problem with how we play or feel that there aren't any opportunities for you, LET ME KNOW. The hope is that we will be able to change that. I would also highly recommend joining the #fluodome channel on IRC and playing IRC mafia - it's much more fast-paced and similar to the party game than forum mafia is.
- If you have any suggestions at all, PM them to me or DLE. I will be starting a conversation in the OSI subforum for mafia discussion at some point during or after this game to discuss ways in which newer players can get turned off from playing mafia, and what safeguards we should put in place to stop that. I hope that, given your experience, you will join that discussion.

Finally, I've been told by a few players that I'm not much fun to play with when I'm village, because of how hard I press the mafias (and everyone else) early on. I hope that we can at the least agree that I am being effective, and that aliases would have helped the situation drastically. For one thing I think it is long overdue that we make c/ping of role PMs generally banned. This will remove the necessity of writing fakes (which is always a pain) and will in general make the claiming process much less stressful for the mafia. Of course it will hurt the village badly, and so a game with this rule implemented would need to be balanced around that.

upcoming NOCs? what are those

edit: also i disagree with the notion that this weakens town severely, if a setup is in a way that the town is screwed if they can't win by catching mafia before they write their fakes it's a bad setup anyway

i mean, you would still be able to claim role name and role

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey guys, sorry for the confusion but upon talking to Izhuark I think that Spiffy actually is the bigger threat. Also, this lets us Spiffyroll and lets a new player play the game out a little more, both of which are cool things I heard.

Unlynch
Lynch Spiffy

Also everyone remember to unbold old votes if applicable.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Whoever currently holds the Diamond doesn't really matter. Spiffy will be stolen from just like Sunny was, and then he will go back to being mafia. The Diamond doesn't permanently chance someone's alliance, so who holds it at the moment isn't a big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)