2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Rotting in the lower half of the league table and still the only English side to have won it's opening CL group stage game. 2012 much?

yes Celtic keep the shit ON the pitch :P

and anyone from the top to bottom of the championship could be beating tel aviv tbh

with his performance for chelsea today, Roy Hodgsen has announced that Mike Dean will be called up for the England squad for the qualifiers against Estonia and Lithuania

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Another day another comeback, loving this season so far!

Real talk, sides like us and West Ham are just further evidence of the tactical shift occurring in football right now, with dedicated playing on the counter becoming increasingly effective. Teams like Newcastle are trying to play like Barcelona of old but simply don't have the cutting edge to complement the high numbers of possession they're gaining and are regularly being torn apart on the break. Even Barca themselves have slightly shifted their philosophy, with Iniesta and Rakitic now looking to turn and go more direct to the MSN frontline rather than building attacks up gradually. I think we're only going to see this trend continue as the season progresses!

Note: When I say direct I don't mean long hoof as such I mean getting it to the frontline in 1 or 2 passes rather than the 10 of the past.

with his performance for chelsea today, Roy Hodgsen has announced that Mike Dean will be called up for the England squad for the qualifiers against Estonia and Lithuania
The standard of refereeing in EPL is quite low actually. The only ones decent that I can remember are Clattenburg and Oliver. Mike Dean and Kevin Friend were known to be really bad at it.

I mean there was so much wrong today that I am beginning to wonder if they should be bringing in different refs from other countries.
My country already does that for big matches lol. I think it's natural to be suspicious when a couple of matches go in favor in one team over another but to act on it is a whole another matter.

Chelsea match was a disaster. Costa is a prick but I think Gabriel hasn't quite adapted to this Arsenal team yet. Pundits have previously criticised the players for not reacting when one of them is fouled but I think that's fine, as long as everyone is on the same page. You either react as a team or stay cool as a team. I think Mourinho tries to let his players play to their emotions; you can see Ivanovic complaining to the referee, even shouting at him, on several occasions with several players surrounding him and that's fine - it's one way to do it but you risk a yellow for dissent. Wenger obviously wants his players to not react at all and that's exactly what Koscielny does. Costa slaps him then chests him down and he doesn't bat an eye, and neither does any of Arsenal's other players. In this situation Costa probably would have got a yellow and that would be the end of it. But Gabriel doesn't follow the script and he charges in - it's a natural and understandable reaction. So now you have Gabriel becoming angry and he gets a yellow along with Costa. Then he's really wound up coz he did nothing wrong and he loses his head. Now if all Arsenal's other players reacted and surrounded the ref and things got heated and everyone was having little digs and slying stamping on each other then Gabriel probably wouldn't have got a yellow. The fact that Gabriel was the only one on the Arsenal team that was shouting and having a go at Costa probably cost him. So you get angry as a team or you stay cool as a team and he hasn't got the script that this Arsenal team doesn't react and paid the price. In an ideal world the same offence should be an offence no matter what the circumstances but referees are influenced by such stupid matters as this.

My country already does that for big matches lol. I think it's natural to be suspicious when a couple of matches go in favor in one team over another but to act on it is a whole another matter.
that would be the way to go for big matches, but the fa to act on it, I would rather take a snowballs chance of surviving hell than that

Chelsea match was a disaster. Costa is a prick but I think Gabriel hasn't quite adapted to this Arsenal team yet. Pundits have previously criticised the players for not reacting when one of them is fouled but I think that's fine, as long as everyone is on the same page. You either react as a team or stay cool as a team. I think Mourinho tries to let his players play to their emotions; you can see Ivanovic complaining to the referee, even shouting at him, on several occasions with several players surrounding him and that's fine - it's one way to do it but you risk a yellow for dissent. Wenger obviously wants his players to not react at all and that's exactly what Koscielny does. Costa slaps him then chests him down and he doesn't bat an eye, and neither does any of Arsenal's other players. In this situation Costa probably would have got a yellow and that would be the end of it. But Gabriel doesn't follow the script and he charges in - it's a natural and understandable reaction. So now you have Gabriel becoming angry and he gets a yellow along with Costa. Then he's really wound up coz he did nothing wrong and he loses his head. Now if all Arsenal's other players reacted and surrounded the ref and things got heated and everyone was having little digs and slying stamping on each other then Gabriel probably wouldn't have got a yellow. The fact that Gabriel was the only one on the Arsenal team that was shouting and having a go at Costa probably cost him. So you get angry as a team or you stay cool as a team and he hasn't got the script that this Arsenal team doesn't react and paid the price. In an ideal world the same offence should be an offence no matter what the circumstances but referees are influenced by such stupid matters as this.
Isn't what the Zlatan said ever truer "When I got the red card all the Chelsea players come around," he said. "It felt like I had a lot of babies around me." "I don't know if I have to get angry or start to laugh. For me when I saw the red card I was like 'the guy doesn't know what he's doing'," the PSG forward added.

HBK

Missed the game due to work, obviously relieved that we got the three points, from what my peeps had to say, we deserved a pen that wasn't given and besides, Costa may be a dick but what happened to Gabriel, as NLI explained, is on him.

HBK

Lol Lol deserved a pen, two can play at this game. We were actually linked with Son, don't know why we didn't go for him, two footed and direct, would've been great for us. He could just be a flash in the pan though. And why the fuck do I keep captaining Kane......his new squad number's the only thing that's good about him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)