Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since I didn't qualify for Blazikenite have a new fire type Mega in Charizard Y is really helpful. I wonder what ability it will have.
It apparently takes 16 Icons to Mega Evolve and its effect removes Icons in a Y-shaped pattern. Not actually that bad and is a lot like Mega Glalie.

^Yeah I checked the Pkmn Shuffle subreddit for the ability for Zard Y. It seems like it will be solid. Thanks It's_A_Random.
Mew was much easier than I thought, it took me two tries to catch it and no Great Ball. Going to save my coins for the end of the Charizard competition to make sure I stay in, and I plan on having a Fire type mega! Just hoping that Blastoise will make a return so I can have a Water mega.

Also, is it worth it using a -Complexity on Vivillon? I'm tired of failing again and again on that stage.
Yeah Mew was really easy. Didn't know that its base power was so low though :/. Either way, I'm glad to have finally caught it for my love of the Pokemon alone.

Registeel was a bit more difficult than Regirock, but I got extremely lucky and caught in on my first try when I finished with 0 moves left. I used Mega Lucario, Garchomp, Groudon and Ninetails, though I think that Heatran would have been more useful than Ninetails for its higher AP since Block Smash wasn't as useful as I thought it would be. Even though I already caught it Registeel, I think I'm going to attempt to do better with Heatran + Charizard + Combusken + Mega Gengar (I don't have Blazikenite).

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Mew was much easier than I thought, it took me two tries to catch it and no Great Ball. Going to save my coins for the end of the Charizard competition to make sure I stay in, and I plan on having a Fire type mega! Just hoping that Blastoise will make a return so I can have a Water mega.

Also, is it worth it using a -Complexity on Vivillon? I'm tired of failing again and again on that stage.
I would suggest using a Blaziken team since that's the best we have for Vivillon and one of like two Megas that can beat it reliably but I take the comment on Charizard Y to mean you don't have Blaziken. Try Gengar if you aren't already doing so since it's such a good substitute (albeit far weaker), but if all else fails then Complexity -1 is definitely worth using on it. Vivillon is kind of a jerk.

Meanwhile I'm done S ranking and catching the new main stage Pokemon, these were less useless at least and Medicham is pulling a Banette with Mega Start. Klinklang is also guaranteed to have decent base power given that Klang already has 60 so we might have another good Steel type on the way. Now if only we could get a good Steel Mega. Have yet to try the Charizard competition since I want to get some more coins, and we've got plenty of time before that ends.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would suggest using a Blaziken team since that's the best we have for Vivillon and one of like two Megas that can beat it reliably but I take the comment on Charizard Y to mean you don't have Blaziken. Try Gengar if you aren't already doing so since it's such a good substitute (albeit far weaker), but if all else fails then Complexity -1 is definitely worth using on it. Vivillon is kind of a jerk.

Meanwhile I'm done S ranking and catching the new main stage Pokemon, these were less useless at least and Medicham is pulling a Banette with Mega Start. Klinklang is also guaranteed to have decent base power given that Klang already has 60 so we might have another good Steel type on the way. Now if only we could get a good Steel Mega. Have yet to try the Charizard competition since I want to get some more coins, and we've got plenty of time before that ends.
Or you know... they could pull a Mismagius/Scizor again there :p

Mismagius is reallyy "WTF" :(

New stages are horrible, I've finished them, only s-ranked 2 of them. Nobody wanted to be caught or almost. I used some Disruption delays because zzzz. Caught Registeel (Regirock was harder for me ...) I need to grind some coin for Charizard !

Mew was almost my first event pokemon caught ... 6 months ago ? It's been a while I'm talking with all of you on this game ! I love this mini community of Pokemon Shuffle :)

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
For those having trouble against Mr. Mime do try to go for a Sleep Charm with Darkrai ASAP, if it procs before it performs a disruption it is an easy S-Rank on that stage.

Lugia really helps on the Klang stage because of its ability; took a few tries to beat it (just Mega Luke+Optimize) before I decided to use Lugia and S-ranked it with just a moves +5 after accidentally doing Klink with Lugia and moves +5 (still S-ranked that one). DD and moves +5 are enough to S-rank Sliggoo. Meditite can be S-ranked itemless, might take a few tries (best to use Gengar), and Skitty is easy to S-rank itemless. These stages are much harder than the last ten.

None of the new 'mons seem to be very good. Only Gothitelle seems to have a use, and that's only on Mega Mewtwo teams (although it's pretty good on Weekend Meowth, having Quirky+).

What was your exact set up for Sliggoo? Because my big issue was the Pidgeys on that stage as well. Did you use Glailie or Altaria for it?

I S-Ranked Staraptor with a full loadout, but unfortunately will have to go after it again for the capture (I'm OCD about collecting everything, even if they're mostly useless).

Reactions: JES
I used Glalie for Sliggoo, although it was on the last turn I could have got an S rank. Maybe add in a Mega Start so you're pretty much certain to S rank.

On the Staraptor stage, the first move should be moving the bottom-left corner to the third-from-bottom on the far-right row. This removes all of the Starly line that start on the board, although one is forced to be skyfall and isn't removed. Tyranitar can remove this.

Reactions: JES

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Mr. Mime was really annoying but I managed to beat it second try itemless off the back of some insane luck getting enough Sleep Charm procs to only have to deal with its disruptions once and then managing to catch it on the base chance (my only catch of the new main stages so far). Currently up to Gothitelle but I have not attempted the stage yet.

Also decided to invoke pay2win for the competition (still going to itemless every other stage unless necessary though) because I am sick of dealing with Steel-types without a SE mega *coughcoughtryingtocatchaegislashitemlesscoughcough* and my first full-items attempt got me about 37k with Gengar / Aurorus / Tyranitar / Garchomp which idk will be enough for for Charizardite Y since EU even though I got Venusaurite with a similar score. Currently 1100th or somewhere around that number so I am hoping that score will hold for long enough to put me in the 11,000 (and henceforth not have to do another run).

Its_A_Random You'll easily get the stone with 37k, you'd likely be close to getting the Speedup. I came 1501st in Sharpedo with just under 42k.

2nd to 5th in EU are using Double Normal, 1st is using Gengar+SEs but he hacks in coins. The top ones are using the pause button exploit (similar to the home button trick).

Yeah Mr. Mime was really annoying but I managed to beat it second try itemless off the back of some insane luck getting enough Sleep Charm procs to only have to deal with its disruptions once and then managing to catch it on the base chance (my only catch of the new main stages so far). Currently up to Gothitelle but I have not attempted the stage yet.

Also decided to invoke pay2win for the competition (still going to itemless every other stage unless necessary though) because I am sick of dealing with Steel-types without a SE mega *coughcoughtryingtocatchaegislashitemlesscoughcough* and my first full-items attempt got me about 37k with Gengar / Aurorus / Tyranitar / Garchomp which idk will be enough for for Charizardite Y since EU even though I got Venusaurite with a similar score. Currently 1100th or somewhere around that number so I am hoping that score will hold for long enough to put me in the 11,000 (and henceforth not have to do another run).
I've pretty much given up going itemless on the competition stages since my failure with Blazikenite and Garchompite. My score tends to be good enough when I just use a Attack Power Up and I was ranked 5000/5xxxx(x?) last night with Zard Y.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm personally going after the mega speedups as well so whenever they're part of a competition I just go for a full item run and haven't failed yet to get one every time. What I do is a couple of itemless test runs to get into "expert stage mode" and then go for the real one.

Put up 30k with a L9 Aerodactyl/L6 Garchomp/L8 Aurorus/L7 Kyogre team (~2500 in NA right now). I didn't drop that far in the Sharpedo comp, but I'm still thinking I should get back up to 12k and try another run with L7 Milotic in the Kyogre spot.

Since I don't have MBlastoise, I'm wondering if I should leave the DD out in order to give MAero more tools to play with.

What team is the best for Charizard Y without abusing Double normal (I don't level my normal pokemon :() and the trick pause button ?

Mega Chomp / Groudon / Swampert / Tyranitar ?

Man, started playing this again.. And I'm SO disappointed.. I was hoping for fresh new music in the new area, but nope :l

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
What team is the best for Charizard Y without abusing Double normal (I don't level my normal pokemon :() and the trick pause button ?

Mega Chomp / Groudon / Swampert / Tyranitar ?
Should be alright. I haven't tried the stage yet on the 3DS with my most powerful mons but on mobile I managed to score aorund 13k itemless only using an untrained M-Gengar and Groudon / Kyogre / Aurorus.

Regice is here ! And like Regirock, it's a bitch :D But I manage to catch him with disruption delay + power up + great ball. Mega Lucario / Mega Gar (all depends if you're lucky on combos) + ttar (useful for removing regice) + dialga + heatran

The big trick to Regice is Emboar and a Blaziken Fire Team. Emboar is needed to open the board up early on, and Blaziken's ability helps chew open the blocks.

That said, I'd still bring Disruption Delay since Regice has a tendency to freeze important spots.

I've found M-Lucario to help with Regice, as if you can mega evolve it early enough and it's in the right spots in the ice tiles, you can clear through them quickly. Haven't beaten it yet though...

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Caught Regice, but I sucked at the stage so I went p2w mode and crushed it, had to even spend on a great ball for it to stay in and never fight it again. Now o farm the meowth stage again.

On mobile I managed to beat everything up to Milotic and also just caught mewtwo moments ago with a super catch which improved my rate up to 50%, good thing I had been farming meowth as well on mobile. Now looking forward to weekend meowth with M-Mewtwo Y.

The big trick to Regice is Emboar and a Blaziken Fire Team. Emboar is needed to open the board up early on, and Blaziken's ability helps chew open the blocks.

That said, I'd still bring Disruption Delay since Regice has a tendency to freeze important spots.
Disruption Delay is "cheap" and can really help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)