The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"This is not good football. This is not a good game to watch."

I dunno, Troy, this Iggles/Boys game has kinda hit so-bad-it's-good levels of ineptitude.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Vikes and Jags don't got no Quaterbacks. Until Bortles and Bridgewater start dropping 4000+ yard, 30+TD seasons they are nothing more than an afterthought, because let's face it the Vikes and Jags do not have the talent to win games with mediocre qbs like 49ers and seahawks do/did. Both of them are total busts until they prove otherwise. I consider all qbs busts until proven otherwise, especially qbs who play for yearly trash teams like the jags, raiders, vikes, titans and bucs.
The Jags ARE worse than the Giants and will always be until they find a qb. No matter who they draft. They have no future, and no hope. They should feel honored that i'm even talking about them to be honest. The Giants on the other hand have a HoF qb who is a couple of players away from another SB appearance. Heck they have a good shot of making the playoffs THIS year with a far less talented team. That's what you get when you have a qb like Eli who can actually drop 4400, 30 td seasons like it ain't nothing.
um, sorry, I can't hear you over your 0-2 record vs the Jags' 1-1. Or the vikings 1-1. Go home. You lost to the lowly falcons? The jags beat the big boy dolphins. The Vikings beat better-than-atlanta Detroit. Your golden boy couldn't come back. Bortles led the GW drive, yours allowed one and couldn't convert when needed.

oh and your qb fumbled in the red zone up 10 with a wide open receiver in the end zone HE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO THROW TO so yeah.

I also couldn't hear you over Bortles' clutch against the giants last year while that cock you're riding couldn't come through against a quarterback you call terrible. Okay.

Last edited:
First Dez goes down, and now Romo's out with another fractured clavicle? The NFC East could be the NFC South of this season if things stay as bad as they are now. Giants, Redskins, and Eagles all look awful so the winner of that division, the Giants in particular look terrible, could easily be an 8-8 or maybe even a 7-9 team.

Other than that, nice to see the Jags pick up the win against the Dolphins. Brady shredded the Bills defense (can't say I'm surprised by that at all), and the Pats are looking primed for a 5-0 start at the very least, possibly 10-1 or 11-0 if things go well. They don't have a tough game until Week 13 IMO.

Eagles absolutely still have the talent to take the NFC East going away. Problem is the o-line can't run block, thus Murray's getting clobbered in the backfield too often, Bradford can't seem to make throws regularly beyond 5 yards, and the chemistry just isn't there with the WRs on their routes

My Saints suck and the Ravens lost to Oakland ffs. I'm not as down on Oakland as most people are, but fuck me

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the bright side Flacco probably had his best comp % and YPA I've seen in many years, so at least the offense looks competent. I'm obligated as a Steelers fan though to be happy that they lost.

Also, Pittsburgh smushes 49ers still at half power. It's like that feeling when your Regigigas scores a big KO before Slow Start has even run out: you're pleased with his contribution, and bursting with excitement over what the future holds!

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Wow 4 TDs! Big deal. Let's get something straight, 13/16/209/4TDs IS NOT IMPRESSIVE. Those are nothing more than game manager stats, those are worthless stats that mean nothing. All he did was complete a few easy passes here and there against what seems to be a high school defense. Watching highlights(i sure as hell ain't watching any of these two garbo teams ever) Winston was far more impressive than Mariota and his fluky/unsustainable completions. Whether or not Mariota turns the titans into a playoff team this year is irrelevant. They are a boring team with boring players and costume colors.

The Jags ARE worse than the Giants and will always be until they find a qb. No matter who they draft. They have no future, and no hope. They should feel honored that i'm even talking about them to be honest. The Giants on the other hand have a HoF qb who is a couple of players away from another SB appearance. Heck they have a good shot of making the playoffs THIS year with a far less talented team. That's what you get when you have a qb like Eli who can actually drop 4400, 30 td seasons like it ain't nothing.

Difference between Eli and Fitz is that Eli would have won a sb with the 2014 Texans and with 2015 Jets. Andre +Deandre+ healthy Arian + Eli and with Watt on the other side, you get a Super Bowl win. Same with these jets. Or at least Eli would have been able to drop 4000 30 td seasons with both these teams. The Giants have lacked talent the last couple of years, if they were as talented as these two teams Eli would have several more sb wins under his belt.

In response to Pit vs. NE week 1 showcase

Like I said, talentless patriots struggling against an average team that was missing their best player(and arguably the best player at his position) at home. "But the patriots are mad and are going to blow out teams"- my ass. They're just another mediocre team and will struggle all season long.

If Lamar Miller leads the league in rushing, like I'm predicting, the phins can win the mediocre afc east.

Stop overreacting. It's not like Goodell owns the league and gets all the money. I really like Goodell though. As long as the NFL is popular he can stay. He isn't an elected official and whatever power he has is over people playing games... I forgot who said it but any publicity is good publicity. Because of how short the NFL season is, being able to maintain headlines year round is incredible. As wacky as Goodell is as long as he's doing his job, he has my approval. If the leagues popularity ever decreases then he gets fired. All this crap is a non issue and good for the league imo.

Luck is already a top 2 quaterback and if Rodgers wasn't playing at a ridiculous level every year we would be worshipping Luck as a football god.

I'm still laughing at the skin fans though. Or people in general who thought rg3 would be even half as good as Luck. I'm probably one of the few people who saw how mediocre rg3 was in his rookie season. Peoples opinions are swayed too much by wins/losses. Rg3 in his rookie year was mediocre, barely above game manager and now that he can't run he can't create the leagues best overall rushing attack so he's just left being worse than mediocre.

Just because they want to doesn't mean they can. The Patriots are talentless and will struggle in most wins. I expect the usual division win but only because the division is so incompetent. The steelers, minus their best player and some other guy, on the road will still probably beat them.

Even as old and injured and slow as [Reggie] Wayne is, i'd still take him over any of the Patriots wide receivers. Julian Edelman wouldn't see the field in the 30 other teams, Lafell is garbage and anyone else is a no name. Gronkowski is the only reason the Patriots offense works, at least somewhat.
[in response to NFL Network’s top 100 players]

Tom Brady being anywhere in the top 30 is the real disgrace here. He was a top 5 in 2012 and has been beyond mediocre ever since. Peyton put up better stats than luck even with an injury causing him to turn into a tebow that can't move for the last couple of games. Peyton as a whole had arguably the best passing season of ay qb in 2014 anyway so he could have been ranked anywhere on the list and he would've deserved it.
Hahahah those predictions are ridiculous.

Seahawks 10-6

Cardinals 8-8

49ers 6-10

Rams 5-11

The NFC West is looking extremely weak this year. I doubt the Cards even get to 8 wins.

ODB is on the madden cover and I haven't been this excited for a madden game since ever. It also comes out in the same time as my birthday so i'm not even going to pay for it. But in all seriousness ODB will finally put an end to this madden curse nonsense. There's literally no pattern there and ODB will shut up people who keep saying this by breaking record after record this season. I pity teams without a monster, probably best in the league wide receiver.

One catch? As a starter he averaged almost 140 yards and a touchdown per game. There was no receiver in 2014 that came even close to ODB when he became the starter. Even Brown looked mediocre in comparison.

The Giants were in the same boat. They didn't really need a single player. What they were missing the past two seasons was star players. The Giants are back to being one of the most talented teams in the NFL, after their former stars became old and useless. They have the best WR in the league, a top 10 QB, the best 4-3 DE, a great/monstrous DT about to have a breakout season, a solid OL(again), a great trio of running backs, and a star cornerback. Everywhere is filled with ok/good/average players but they lacked this much talent the past few seasons.

Giants are easily better than the Bills/Jets/Dolphins at least. And yes, only because of Eli.

Luck is already the best quarterback in the NFL, a guranteed HoFamer and will probably end up in the argument of the best ever along with peyton and Rodgers. You should consider yourself lucky if Bortles is still in the league in 3 years.

[Conversation about the Jaguars]

Literally the least interesting teams' fans are clogging the thread.

Just from this new thread alone. I would go back through last years but that would basically be a doctoral thesis.

whoa der young fella

In other news the Raiders looked like they were willing to throw the ball deeper than 5 yards for the first time in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys calm down sheesh. I was right as much as i was wrong, go figure!

Anyway, with Romo going down the division is up for grabs. Even with a healthy Dez and healthy Romo the Giants were the better team(and are the best team in the division) so this makes it easier. I was a little depressed before Romo went down because i thought the better team(Giants) were going to miss the playoffs on missed opportunities. However, the season is barely starting and the division is there for the taking. Once Cruz and Jpp come back we'll start closing out games.

Oh and i'll see the garbage Vikes, craptastic Jags, terrible Raiders, trash bucs and beyond awful Titans from atop the NFC East! Enjoy having no qb and rooting for worthless organizations!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Ravens make me want to jump off the Sydney Harbor Bridge and end it all. Our defense is fucking pathetic, our coordinator tells our db's to give Cooper + a bunch of mediocre receivers a 10 yard cushion every god damn time. Prevent defense in a tight game wins championships apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)