Legal Mons

Approved by the glorious Eevee General

Ever wanted to use Sheer Orb Tauros, but disliked its lack of a nice STAB move boosted by Sheer Orb? Ever wished Pikachu could use all of its event moves at the same time, and with Egg moves? Ever wanted to use ExtremeSpeed+Sacred Fire Entei with Jolly, but dislike the fact that it has to have Adamant? Or have you wished that you could use Custap Berry Wobbufet this generation?

Here, all this changes.

In Legal Mons, you can use any move a certain mon can have in OU with another move they can have. This also includes Gen 2 moves, so yes, Lovely Kiss Nidoking. Sorry. Also included by this criteria includes Natures, as they seriously don't make as much of an impact on the Metagame. Finally, I am not allowing unreleased abilities to be used unless enough people want me to allow them. Unreleased Items, on the other hand, ARE allowed.

Edit: As of January the 6th, Unreleased abilities ARE allowed.

This metagame is playable. It may not have a ladder, but if you build a team, you can play it in Custom Game.

Here are some interesting ideas I have right now, will post more later:

HOLY CRAP!!!! Pikachu has Mewtwo level power when holding a Light Ball!!!!
Some quick calcs:
4 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefable: 207-244 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (O_O)

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 290-344 (71.7 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Oh crap....there goes CroCune)

4 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 212-252 (52.4 - 62.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Even with a boost for Suicune, CroCune isn't safe)

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 292-344 (74.3 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Oh crap, and this isn't Pikachu's most powerful move here that happens to be super effective against Krookodile)

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Petal Dance vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 388-458 (98.7 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!)

252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Petal Dance vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 452-532 (111.8 - 131.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (There goes that idea)

4 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 213-252 (33.1 - 39.2%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO (Yay, Yay, soething that can switch in on Pikachu! But if it runs Nasty Plot....)

+2 252 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 166-196 (25.8 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (YES, SHE LIVES!)

Not to mention that Pikachu can learn Knock Off.... Yikes

I would also like to mention that, as of 1/29/2015, Pikachu will also have access to Icicle Crash, Electric Terrain, Meteor Mash, Flying Press and Draining Kiss. This is because he has access to those moves due to its Cosplay forms learning individually. I used to have these illegal because it can't keep those moves, but he can now. Also sharing this is Rotom, who now has Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Air Slash, Overheat and Leaf Storm.

Nidoking is probably bad here.....if it wasn't for Sheer Force.....and Lovely Kiss. Sheer Force was literally all that makes it viable in standard, but it lacked the one thing that made it viable in Gen 2 OU: Lovely Kiss. Now, with nasty good offenses (not high, but they still sting a bit) AND a sleeping move, he is raised to higher glory. Solid coverage, solid power, and the ability to put something to sleep is SO valuable for offense. I'd say it'd be a big threat here.

Yay, one of the few walls that still exist with Unaware. Better than ever now that it has Soft Boiled+Unaware. :D

Oh crap, this thing has Baton Pass. The real reason I put it on here, although, is because of Growth+Pixilate. This means it might find a niche on sun teams, where it can immediately set up to +2, and obliterate the rest of the metagame, only stopped by relatively few things. It basically requires that you have Scizor/Scizor-Mega to be honest.
Some Calcs for Sylveon:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 308-364 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO Ow.
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 452-533 (118 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO :O
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 351-413 (91.4 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO >:0
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 290-343 (73.6 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Not bad.
252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Yikes.
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 363-426 (78.2 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 363-426 (78.2 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Bad idea.
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 157-186 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery Yay! Something walls it to kingdom come :D
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Politoed: 175-207 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO :O
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 263-309 (68.4 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Nasty.
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 634-749 (208.5 - 246.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO Terrifying!

Last edited:
Plopped can finally have rain dish and Defog!!!
You know how you said that natures didn't matter? Meet +Spe Scarftran with eruption.
I believe that unreleased abilities should be allowed. Technically they are deemed illegal abilities by showdown and this meta makes illegal things legal. Besides, everyone wants Sheer Force Feraligatr. Kind of like the purge... Name it purgemons imo.

Last edited:
Machamp learns fissure by TM in gen 1...

Anyways this one seems fun. Jolly entei could wreck shop now that it gets some more speed to work with. Plus I won't have to use the ugly shiny model.

Anyways this one seems fun. Jolly entei could wreck shop now that it gets some more speed to work with. Plus I won't have to use the ugly shiny model.
Hopefully all of the OU clauses are in, which would mean OHKO clause, so Fissure probably isn't a problem.

Agility + Swords Dance + Baton Pass Shedinja. Sounds fun!

Pikachu can also run full Physical off of its higher attacking stat, too. ESpeed + Volt Tackle + Icicle Crash/Meteor Mash + Knock Off.

Give me hidden abilities!
I WANT MY CONTRARY SERPERIOR!
and my shear force feraligator.
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def mega Slowbro: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
depending on the coverage with water fall as the obligatory sheer force boosted stab and pick two
ice punch
rock slide
earthquake
crunch
brick break/focusblast
aquajet
can 2HKO any thing not named mega aggron
and can 2hko even that with focus blast and a 24 evs and a neutral nature

Honestly, you can't use Fissure anyway, due to the OHKO clause. But yeah, Entei is something I am pleased about.

Also, I see there are quite a few people who want Unreleased abilities. I personally feel that they shouldn't be allowed, but hey, you are welcome to your opinion. And because of this opinion, I am going to create a poll to see how many people truly want this.

Can this meta also include unreleased stuff like items like Custap Berry and gems?
I never thought of that. Going to add that to the OP.

I honestly am a bit reluctant to allow unreleased things into the meta, although this is the only exception so far. Reason being that we don't know whether or not they will even be allowed. Look at Chandelure, we all thought that would get Shadow Tag as it's hidden Ability Last Gen, but instead it got Infiltrator. This could happen with all the mons in the game, like Serperior and Feraligatr.

Edit:
Yes to HA's, as the title feels like its would allow hidden abilities.
It does allow Hidden Abilities, just not unreleased abilities. Please make sure to specify what you are saying.
Sorry for being nitpicky, but still.

I never thought of that. Going to add that to the OP.

I honestly am a bit reluctant to allow unreleased things into the meta, although this is the only exception so far. Reason being that we don't know whether or not they will even be allowed. Look at Chandelure, we all thought that would get Shadow Tag as it's hidden Ability Last Gen, but instead it got Infiltrator. This could happen with all the mons in the game, like Serperior and Feraligatr.

Edit:

It does allow Hidden Abilities, just not unreleased abilities. Please make sure to specify what you are saying.
Sorry for being nitpicky, but still.
Keep in mind that abilities that also were released in Gen V, such as Scolipede's Quick Feet, got changed in Gen VI, and that you are also allowing unreleased items, which from all we know could be completely erased form the game code in gen VII. And obviously the fact that allowing unreleased abilities would give us very fun Pokémon to play with such as Tyrantrum, Feraligatr, Serperior, Emboar and even Raikou(Volt Absorb+Timid Aura Sphere yum).

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Defog Poison Heal Gliscor, SD Baton Pass Shedinja and Softboiled Unaware Clefable look nice. Also, Sturdy Custap Berry Forretress and Aura Sphere Raikou without Rash nature are nice too.
I agree with allowing hidden abilities, none of the hidden abilities seems to make a pokemon broken, though Water and Volt Abosrb Suicune/Raikou seems very awesome

You could do something silly like Physical Celebi with Curse. (Hey, I did say it was silly. Remind me why Celebi doesn't learn Power Whip again?)

And in Doubles, Telepathy Mimic Gardevoir w/ Gardevoirite. You're welcome.

For Ubers, since Lugia sucks at attacking anyway you may as well run Psycho Boost for your lone attacking move on Multiscale Lugia.

Wish Gallade with Justified just because. I dunno why you'd do that but you can.

Jirachi can have Moonblast and Draco Meteor on the same set for ultimate redundancy.

Also bump because reNOC and Snaq were complaining about it not getting attention I think.

The dust on Legal Mons has just been brushed off. :D

Regardless, I've been thinking about how to make this metagame grow and expand instead of being brushed off and ignored as the metagame that crazy person created. Thus, I am announcing that Unreleased abilities are now ALLOWED. I will try to update the OP today, if I don't, nag me about it on my Profile.

The dust on Legal Mons has just been brushed off. :D

Regardless, I've been thinking about how to make this metagame grow and expand instead of being brushed off and ignored as the metagame that crazy person created. Thus, I am announcing that Unreleased abilities are now ALLOWED. I will try to update the OP today, if I don't, nag me about it on my Profile.
but you are that crazy person that created this metagame.

funny that the most sought after HA is getting realeased soon anyway.

Feraligatr @ Wide Lens/LO
Sheer Force
-Hone Claws
-Dynamic Punch
-Ice Punch
-Waterfall

Gimmicky and requires free turns/support to get the +2 it needs to use Dpunch but probably fun to use nonetheless

Okay, I have a somewhat major change in this metagame. All forms of Pikachu/Rotom will learn ALL moves that their respective forms learn. Basically, Pikachu now gains Icicle Crash, Electric Terrain, Meteor Mash, Flying Press and Draining Kiss, while Rotom gains Hydro Pump, Air Slash, Overheat, Leaf Storm and Blizzard.

That's a fair bit more coverage to worry about.

bumping because it's currently the only "all hail Pikachu" meta
Oh, and by the way, does Raichu get every Pikamove? If so, we now have a pretty good alternative (or companion) to Pikachu.

Just so this isn't a useless bump that does nothing, here's a set to give you a basic idea of just what's about to kill you.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
- Volt Tackle
- Icicle Crash
- Extreme Speed
- Sing

While Mamoswine doesn't gain anything in particular, it does benefit from walling some Pikachu sets, but Oven Rotom walls both Physical Pikachu AND Mamoswine.

Belly Drum Quagsire sounds like a top kek. Fun with recover? Fun with recover.
Oh, by the way, Charizard gets Crunch boosted by Tough Claws.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_'Em_All_event_Pokémon

Kinda notable ones:

Venusaur gets Ancientpower
Blastoise gets Zap Cannon
Nidoqueen gets Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Moonlight
Nidoking gets Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Morning Sun
Golem gets Rapid Spin
Poliwrath/Politoed get Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Growth
Magnezone gets Agility
Steelix gets Sharpen
Eeveelutions get Growth
Porygon2 gets Barrier
Snorlax gets Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss
Lanturn gets Light Screen
Clefable gets Scary Face, Petal Dance, Swift
Yanmega gets Sweet Kiss
Quagsire gets Scary Face, Belly Drum
Mismagius gets Hypnosis
Wobbuffet gets Mimic
Granbull gets Lovely Kiss
Mamoswine gets Whirlwind

bumping because it's currently the only "all hail Pikachu" meta
Oh, and by the way, does Raichu get every Pikamove? If so, we now have a pretty good alternative (or companion) to Pikachu.

Just so this isn't a useless bump that does nothing, here's a set to give you a basic idea of just what's about to kill you.
Probably companion. One goes special and the other goes physical and carry a lure move (like Grass Knot for something like Rhyperior) and allow the other to clean up the mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)