[Balanced Hackmons] Regirock [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its stats and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Its Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows Regirock to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock's 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's Rock typing also grants it STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar and Mega Diancie offensively and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while maintaining momentum.

[SET]
name: RegenVest
move 1: Diamond Storm
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Sacred Fire / Nuzzle
move 4: Knock Off / Infestation
item: Assault Vest
ability: Regenerator
nature: Impish
evs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 36 Def / 136 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========
Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock's Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo X on the switch, as well as allowing it to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offensive Pokemon in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are set—while the poisoning initially remains, removing the Toxic Orb means that Poison Heal will stop working if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========
The EV spread given allows Regirock to always avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza's Thousand Arrows or Boomburst after Stealth Rock. It also affords Regirock the ability to check Mega Gengar in a pinch, as it is not OHKOed by +2 Spooky Plate Judgment or Secret Sword. However, if Mega Gengar carries Spore, Regirock will struggle to check it. The rest of the EVs are poured into Attack in order to give Regirock as much offensive presence as possible. Regenerator enables Regirock to recover passively without wasting turns to do so, while Assault Vest buffs up its relatively low Special Defense and synergizes well with Regenerator.

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can capitalize upon and grab momentum or cripple the foe. Because of Regirock's demonstrable efficacy in crippling foes on the switch, it'sa good idea to identify the members of your opponent'steam that Regirock can force out and exploit to the fullest. Early-game, it's also a good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, safe option to snag momentum against foes that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn it or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirock functionally useless. Finally, if you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on Regirock's attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.
Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it. In addition, Regirock's slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit such as Mega Gengar, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados can also be very useful to take care of Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's U-turn to ease prediction.Entry hazard control is essential to Regirock's success, making a solid Defogger such as Giratina or Registeel an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's field to capitalize on with its U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders), which can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet; however, Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers such as Mega Diancie and Kyurem-B. Therefore, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows greater flexibility in checking the other two –ate Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino is a good idea for a teammate, preventing Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's final moveslot is relatively flexible. Icicle Spear and Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move such as Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock's low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim to phaze will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), and after being hit by a strong attack,Regirock will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's low Speed, but Regirock's comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's effectiveness.

Alternatively, one could attempt a Sand Stream set with Leftovers or Safety Goggles to provide a similar buff to Special Defense as Assault Vest does. Sand Stream also holds the allure of discouraging Shedinja from switching in. By sacrificing Regenerator, however, Regirock is forced to spend valuable time recovering, which sacrifices much of the niche that it otherwise holds. Between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves, Sand Stream Regirock may appear to be a strong option, but it unfortunately faces strong competition from Flash Fire Steel-types, which play a similar role, unless you plan to use Regirock as a weather setter for a team built around sand. If this is not the case, however, RegenVest is the superior choice, as it is what Regirock excels at.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Poison Heal Giratina**: Once its Toxic Orb is activated, Poison Heal Giratina is impervious to anything Regirock can do. It can easily switch in and status or otherwise cripple Regirock, forcing Regirock to U-turn out on the switch or hard switch out once Giratina is in. However, if Giratina has not yet activated its Toxic Orb, Regirock can threaten it with a Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, or Knock Off.

**Lum Berry Sturdy Shedinja**: If Regirock lacks Sand Stream, Knock Off, and Infestation, Shedinja can switch in with absolute impunity and Recycle its Lum Berry if statused. From this position, Shedinja can threaten Regirock with Endeavor or pivot out with an even slower switching move than Regirock's U-turn, stealing momentum.

**Flash Fire Steel-types**: Flash Fire Steel-types can easily switch in on Regirock, tanking its moves with ease and notably being immune to its Sacred Fire. Regirock can use Knock Off against them, but that is unfortunately the extent of its ability. Meanwhile, they can threaten Regirock back with status or attempt to wear it down with STAB Steel-type attacks.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, it cannot be affected by Nuzzle and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie can easily switch in on much of Regirock's moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does, it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I just wanted to just point out that you should probably expand the abbreviations you're using since someone who's just getting into BH may not understand them too well (PH -> Poison Heal, FF -> Flash Fire, TA -> Thousand Arrows, Regi -> Regirock, etc.) as well as w/, which is a bit informal for an analysis. Also, refrain from using arrows to point to previous points, just mention them.

I'm not QC or GP, but these are just some things I found that you will get asked to fix later, so you may as well fix them now.

I just wanted to just point out that you should probably expand the abbreviations you're using since someone who's just getting into BH may not understand them too well (PH -> Poison Heal, FF -> Flash Fire, TA -> Thousand Arrows, Regi -> Regirock, etc.) as well as w/, which is a bit informal for an analysis. Also, refrain from using arrows to point to previous points, just mention them.

I'm not QC or GP, but these are just some things I found that you will get asked to fix later, so you may as well fix them now.
In the actual writeup, I have absolutely no intention of using any abbreviations; however, in the interest of being thorough I will go ahead and eliminate them and other informalities in the bullet points. Thank you for the input.

[EDIT] The outline has been purged of abbreviations.

Last edited:
This is a really good analysis. Since Flint kind of created this set he's probably more qualified to evaluate it, but I'll give it a go.

Overview: Say specific things it faces competition from in offensive and defensive roles.

Set:

Moves: Add that Knock Off also removes Chansey's Eviolite and can catch Poison Heal users if they attempt to switch in, removing their Toxic Orbs.

Usage Tips: I feel like the first 5 can be condensed into 1 or 2. Explain that all of Regirock's moves are good to use on a predicted switch because of their useful secondary effects, for instance. Be more specific about "play around status carefully"; do you mean that Regirock should avoid burns?

Team Options: Mention that PH Giratina only counters the Imposter if it is already poisoned; otherwise, the item can be knocked off. Provide examples of Mold Breaker Pursuit trappers (Mega Gengar, Mega Gyarados, Giratina). Condense the two hazard bullet points and provide examples of good hazard control Pokemon. Provide examples of Magic Bouncers. Provide examples of Pixilate and Refrigerate checks (there's a lot of overlap between all these "provide examples" comments). Provide examples of cleric support.

Other Options: Add a mention of Metal Burst here, perhaps. Consider adding Soundproof. Maybe even Clear Smog to beat things that try to set up? Maybe Volt Switch, since I've seen that used? (this is up to your judgment)

C&C: The format is wrong for this section. Look at another analysis to fix it; it should be like **Giratina**: whatever. I think doing this will clear up some of the writing in this section as well. For the status users bullet point, provide specific examples of status inflicters that Regirock should stay away from. If you can't think of any that aren't covered by a bullet point already, get rid of this bullet point. Maybe add a bullet point for Mega Diancie since Regirock can't do much back.

QC 1/3

This is a really good analysis. Since Flint kind of created this set he's probably more qualified to evaluate it, but I'll give it a go.

Overview: Say specific things it faces competition from in offensive and defensive roles.

Set:

Moves: Add that Knock Off also removes Chansey's Eviolite and can catch Poison Heal users if they attempt to switch in, removing their Toxic Orbs.

Usage Tips: I feel like the first 5 can be condensed into 1 or 2. Explain that all of Regirock's moves are good to use on a predicted switch because of their useful secondary effects, for instance. Be more specific about "play around status carefully"; do you mean that Regirock should avoid burns?

Team Options: Mention that PH Giratina only counters the Imposter if it is already poisoned; otherwise, the item can be knocked off. Provide examples of Mold Breaker Pursuit trappers (Mega Gengar, Mega Gyarados, Giratina). Condense the two hazard bullet points and provide examples of good hazard control Pokemon. Provide examples of Magic Bouncers. Provide examples of Pixilate and Refrigerate checks (there's a lot of overlap between all these "provide examples" comments). Provide examples of cleric support.

Other Options: Add a mention of Metal Burst here, perhaps. Consider adding Soundproof. Maybe even Clear Smog to beat things that try to set up? Maybe Volt Switch, since I've seen that used? (this is up to your judgment)

C&C: The format is wrong for this section. Look at another analysis to fix it; it should be like **Giratina**: whatever. I think doing this will clear up some of the writing in this section as well. For the status users bullet point, provide specific examples of status inflicters that Regirock should stay away from. If you can't think of any that aren't covered by a bullet point already, get rid of this bullet point. Maybe add a bullet point for Mega Diancie since Regirock can't do much back.

QC 1/3
Implemented.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heya.

This QC is pretty good. I only have a few things to add or change.

Overview:
  • Emphasis on the flying resist for facing Aerilate as that is the main point of this mon
  • Maintains pressure, momentum [and also is a decent phazor]

Set Regenvest:

Moves:
  • I would move Ice Shard to OO. I don't think it is good enough to be in the main set much less as the first option

Other Options:
  • Icicle Spear can be as helpful as Ice Shard as it helps if you switch Regirock into a Gale Wings Raymega that gets a sub up
  • Night Shade/Seismic Toss is good for consistent damage
  • (Remove) Thousand Arrows - ShadeToss is a better option to deal consistent damage
  • (Add) "Phazing (with Dragon Tail) could..." and can help catch out some mons which attempt to use Regirock to setup
  • Registeel can be an alternative to Regirock with a similar set, to also face Pixilate users, at the cost of fearing common coverage Fire type coverage moves
  • (Change) The Sand Stream Regirock is an alternative but should be used as a setter for a Sand-based team, instead of a standalone defensive utility mon, as you seem to imply. Mention specifically that this is the only other major viable role Regirock can provide

Good work. That's all I can think of, since the set, and Regirock itself, are relatively straightforward.
Thanks
QC2/3

Heya.

This QC is pretty good. I only have a few things to add or change.

Overview:
  • Emphasis on the flying resist for facing Aerilate as that is the main point of this mon
  • Maintains pressure, momentum [and also is a decent phazor]

Set Regenvest:

Moves:
  • I would move Ice Shard to OO. I don't think it is good enough to be in the main set much less as the first option

Other Options:
  • Icicle Spear can be as helpful as Ice Shard as it helps if you switch Regirock into a Gale Wings Raymega that gets a sub up
  • Night Shade/Seismic Toss is good for consistent damage
  • (Remove) Thousand Arrows - ShadeToss is a better option to deal consistent damage
  • (Add) "Phazing (with Dragon Tail) could..." and can help catch out some mons which attempt to use Regirock to setup
  • Registeel can be an alternative to Regirock with a similar set, to also face Pixilate users, at the cost of fearing common coverage Fire type coverage moves
  • (Change) The Sand Stream Regirock is an alternative but should be used as a setter for a Sand-based team, instead of a standalone defensive utility mon, as you seem to imply. Mention specifically that this is the only other major viable role Regirock can provide

Good work. That's all I can think of, since the set, and Regirock itself, are relatively straightforward.
Thanks
QC2/3
Implemented.

It's hard to find things wrong with this analysis (that means most of these are pretty nitpicky). Nice job!

Overview:
  • If I were you I'd mention the 80/200 physical bulk right after you talked about its typing, and then just mention that its bulk allows it to shrug off MRay's 1karrows
  • I don't really see it being slow as a disadvantage, because it's obviously not a premier offensive attacker (and your overview explains that well), you might consider removing that bit
Moves:
  • Mention Knock Off's utility against Poison Healers that already have their Orb set up (namely that the opponent is discouraged from using Aromatherapy)
Usage Tips:
  • Talk about how you can often use U-Turn if in against something that Regirock walls predicting the switch
Team Options:
  • Can you rephrase the following line a bit: "while many hazard layers utilize Mold Breaker and thus invalidate Magic Bounce’s capabilities, a Magic Bouncer can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet." I see what you mean but it's a bit unclear that the second part of the sentence (after the comma) is talking about when your opponent does not have Mold Breaker.
Other Options:
  • I think you're underselling the Sand Stream Regirock a bit. It's almost as effective as the RegenVest set because it's just as bulky and can run recovery to make up for the lack of regenerator (which you mentioned). I'm not sure the main niche of Regirock is how it can recover health passively by switching and you might want to make this a little less negative. However, I'll leave this one up to you.
Checks and Counters:
  • For the Shedinja one, mention that it checks non-Sand Stream varieties.
  • Remove the pseudo- part of pseudo-STAB, because Protean makes every move directly STAB
  • Diancie is also vulnerable to Sacred Fire
This is a very good analysis, I loved the way you phrased everything
QC 3/3

It's hard to find things wrong with this analysis (that means most of these are pretty nitpicky). Nice job!

Overview:
  • If I were you I'd mention the 80/200 physical bulk right after you talked about its typing, and then just mention that its bulk allows it to shrug off MRay's 1karrows
  • I don't really see it being slow as a disadvantage, because it's obviously not a premier offensive attacker (and your overview explains that well), you might consider removing that bit
Moves:
  • Mention Knock Off's utility against Poison Healers that already have their Orb set up (namely that the opponent is discouraged from using Aromatherapy)
Usage Tips:
  • Talk about how you can often use U-Turn if in against something that Regirock walls predicting the switch
Team Options:
  • Can you rephrase the following line a bit: "while many hazard layers utilize Mold Breaker and thus invalidate Magic Bounce’s capabilities, a Magic Bouncer can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet." I see what you mean but it's a bit unclear that the second part of the sentence (after the comma) is talking about when your opponent does not have Mold Breaker.
Other Options:
  • I think you're underselling the Sand Stream Regirock a bit. It's almost as effective as the RegenVest set because it's just as bulky and can run recovery to make up for the lack of regenerator (which you mentioned). I'm not sure the main niche of Regirock is how it can recover health passively by switching and you might want to make this a little less negative. However, I'll leave this one up to you.
Checks and Counters:
  • For the Shedinja one, mention that it checks non-Sand Stream varieties.
  • Remove the pseudo- part of pseudo-STAB, because Protean makes every move directly STAB
  • Diancie is also vulnerable to Sacred Fire
This is a very good analysis, I loved the way you phrased everything
QC 3/3
Implemented. Waiting on GP.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2

Make sure to replace all your apostrophes with this kind: '

[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its statline ("stats" or "stats spread") and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Regirock's Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows it to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock's 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's Rock typing also means that it gains STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar-Mega and Mega Diancie-Mega in its offensively capacities and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types on the defense defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while holding (maybe "maintaining"? idk, whatever works best) momentum.

[SET]
(remove space)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred main STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it non-resists while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock's Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo-Mega-X on the switch, as well as allowing Regirock to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offense in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are set—(dash)while the issue initially remains (this is kinda vague, what is the issue exactly?), removing Knocking Off the Toxic Orb means that the Poison Heal user permanently loses its poisoning if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt one opts against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========
The EV spread given allows Regirock to always avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza-Mega's Thousand Arrows or Boomburst after Stealth Rock. It also affords Regirock the ability to pinch check Mega Gengar-Mega in a pinch, as it is not OHKOed by +2 Spooky Plate Judgment or Secret Sword. However, if Mega Gengar-Mega carries Spore, Regirock will struggle to check it. The rest of the EVs are poured into Attack in order to give Regirock as much offensive presence as possible. Regenerator enables Regirock to recover passively without taking (maybe "wasting") turns to do so, while Assault Vest buffs up Regirock's relatively low Special Defense and synergizes while synergizing well with Regenerator.

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can use to capitalize upon them and grab momentum or cripple the opponent. Because of Regirock's demonstrable efficacy on the switch, it's a good idea to identify those the members of your opponent's team that which Regirock can force out and exploit them to the fullest. Early-game, it's also good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, (AC) safe option to snag momentum against foes things that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, one you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn Regirock or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirock functionally useless. Finally, if one opts you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on your attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.

Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it Regirock. In addition, Regirock's slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to set activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn or of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit like Mega Gengar-Mega, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados-Mega can also be very useful to take care of kill Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's U-turn to ease prediction. Hazard control is essential to Regirock's success, so and as such a solid Defogger like Giratina or Registeel is an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's field to abuse with its own U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders); a Magic Bounce user can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet, although Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers like Mega Diancie-Mega or and Kyurem-B. Therefore, As such, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows for greater flexibility in the checking of the other two –ates Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino-Mega is a good idea for a teammate, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates. Still, a cleric This prevents Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's final moveslot is relatively flexible splashable. Icicle Spear and or Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza-Mega; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza-Mega through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza killing with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, (AC) this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, (AC) as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move like Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes opponents trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock's low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim one aims to phaze out will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), (AC) and after being hit by a potentially strong attack, Regirock will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that which could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's low Speed, but Regirock's its comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's effectiveness level of efficacy.

Alternatively, one could attempt a Sand Stream set with Leftovers or Safety Goggles to provide a similar buff to Special Defense as to Assault Vest does. Sand Stream also holds the allure of discouraging that it disallows Shedinja from switching in. By sacrificing Regenerator, however, Regirock is forced to spend valuable time recovering, which sacrifices much of the niche that it otherwise holds. Between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves, Sand Stream Regirock is on the face may appear to be a strong option—between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves—, (AC) but it unfortunately faces strong competition from by Flash Fire Steel-types, (AC) which play a similar role, (AC) unless you plan to use Regirock one plans to use it as a weather setter for a team built around sand. If this is not the case In the absence of this decision, however, if one chooses to use Regirock, it should be in a role in which it excels, and as such RegenVest is the superior choice, as it is what Regirock excels at.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Poison Heal Giratina**: Once its Toxic Orb is set activated, Poison Heal Giratina is impervious to anything Regirock can do. It can easily switch in and status or otherwise cripple Regirock, forcing Regirock to U-turn out on the switch or hard switch out once Giratina is in. However, if Giratina has not yet activated set its Toxic Orb, (AC) Regirock can threaten it with a Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, or Knock Off.

**Lum Berry Sturdy Shedinja**: If Regirock lacks Sand Stream, Knock Off, and Infestation, Shedinja can switch in with absolute impunity and Recycle its Lum Berry if statused. From this position, Shedinja can threaten Regirock with Endeavor or pivot out with an even slower switching move than Regirock's U-turn, stealing momentum.

**Flash Fire Steel-types**: Flash Fire Steel-types can easily switch in on Regirock, tanking its moves with ease and notably being immune to its Sacred Fire. Regirock can use Knock Off against them, but that is unfortunately the extent of its ability. Meanwhile, they can threaten Regirock back with status or attempt to wear it down with STAB Steel-type attacks.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X Mewtwo-Mega-X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's Mewtwo-Mega-X’s Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y Mewtwo-Mega-Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once the Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, (AC) it cannot be affected by Nuzzle, and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie-Mega can easily switch in on much of Regirock's moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie-Mega is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.

Last edited:
GP 1/2

Make sure to replace all your apostrophes with this kind: '

[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its statline ("stats" or "stats spread") and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Regirock's Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows it to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock's 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's Rock typing also means that it gains STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar-Mega and Mega Diancie-Mega in its offensively capacities and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types on the defense defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while holding (maybe "maintaining"? idk, whatever works best) momentum.

[SET]
(remove space)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred main STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it non-resists while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock's Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo-Mega-X on the switch, as well as allowing Regirock to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offense in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are set—(dash)while the issue initially remains (this is kinda vague, what is the issue exactly?), removing Knocking Off the Toxic Orb means that the Poison Heal user permanently loses its poisoning if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt one opts against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========
The EV spread given allows Regirock to always avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza-Mega's Thousand Arrows or Boomburst after Stealth Rock. It also affords Regirock the ability to pinch check Mega Gengar-Mega in a pinch, as it is not OHKOed by +2 Spooky Plate Judgment or Secret Sword. However, if Mega Gengar-Mega carries Spore, Regirock will struggle to check it. The rest of the EVs are poured into Attack in order to give Regirock as much offensive presence as possible. Regenerator enables Regirock to recover passively without taking (maybe "wasting") turns to do so, while Assault Vest buffs up Regirock's relatively low Special Defense and synergizes while synergizing well with Regenerator.

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can use to capitalize upon them and grab momentum or cripple the opponent. Because of Regirock's demonstrable efficacy on the switch, it's a good idea to identify those the members of your opponent's team that which Regirock can force out and exploit them to the fullest. Early-game, it's also good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, (AC) safe option to snag momentum against foes things that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, one you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn Regirock or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirock functionally useless. Finally, if one opts you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on your attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.

Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it Regirock. In addition, Regirock's slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to set activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn or of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit like Mega Gengar-Mega, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados-Mega can also be very useful to take care of kill Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's U-turn to ease prediction. Hazard control is essential to Regirock's success, so and as such a solid Defogger like Giratina or Registeel is an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's field to abuse with its own U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders); a Magic Bounce user can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet, although Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers like Mega Diancie-Mega or and Kyurem-B. Therefore, As such, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows for greater flexibility in the checking of the other two –ates Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino-Mega is a good idea for a teammate, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates. Still, a cleric This prevents Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's final moveslot is relatively flexible splashable. Icicle Spear and or Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza-Mega; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza-Mega through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza killing with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, (AC) this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, (AC) as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move like Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes opponents trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock's low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim one aims to phaze out will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), (AC) and after being hit by a potentially strong attack, Regirock will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that which could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's low Speed, but Regirock's its comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's effectiveness level of efficacy.

Alternatively, one could attempt a Sand Stream set with Leftovers or Safety Goggles to provide a similar buff to Special Defense as to Assault Vest does. Sand Stream also holds the allure of discouraging that it disallows Shedinja from switching in. By sacrificing Regenerator, however, Regirock is forced to spend valuable time recovering, which sacrifices much of the niche that it otherwise holds. Between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves, Sand Stream Regirock is on the face may appear to be a strong option—between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves—, (AC) but it unfortunately faces strong competition from by Flash Fire Steel-types, (AC) which play a similar role, (AC) unless you plan to use Regirock one plans to use it as a weather setter for a team built around sand. If this is not the case In the absence of this decision, however, if one chooses to use Regirock, it should be in a role in which it excels, and as such RegenVest is the superior choice, as it is what Regirock excels at.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Poison Heal Giratina**: Once its Toxic Orb is set activated, Poison Heal Giratina is impervious to anything Regirock can do. It can easily switch in and status or otherwise cripple Regirock, forcing Regirock to U-turn out on the switch or hard switch out once Giratina is in. However, if Giratina has not yet activated set its Toxic Orb, (AC) Regirock can threaten it with a Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, or Knock Off.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X Mewtwo-Mega-X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's Mewtwo-Mega-X’s Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y Mewtwo-Mega-Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once the Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, (AC) it cannot be affected by Nuzzle, and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie-Mega can easily switch in on much of Regirock's moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie-Mega is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.
Implemented

hi friend, amcheck :)

side note i fixed all your apostrophes, didn't bother coloring them blue but they're bolded
Add Remove (Comments)
[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its stats and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Regirock'sIts Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows it to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock'sits 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's Rock typing also means that it gains STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar and Mega Diancie offensively and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while maintaining momentum.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========

Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock'sits Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo X on the switch, as well as allowing Regirockit to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offense in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are setwhile the poisoning initially remains, removing the Toxic Orb means that Poison Heal will stop working if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========
The EV spread given allows Regirock to always avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza's Thousand Arrows or Boomburst after Stealth Rock. It also affords Regirock the ability to check Mega Gengar in a pinch, as it is not OHKOed by +2 Spooky Plate Judgment or Secret Sword. However, if Mega Gengar carries Spore, Regirock will struggle to check it. The rest of the EVs are poured into Attack in order to give Regirock as much offensive presence as possible. Regenerator enables Regirock to recover passively without wasting turns to do so, while Assault Vest buffs up Regirock'sits relatively low Special Defense and synergizes well with Regenerator.

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can capitalize upon and grab momentum or cripple the opponentfoe. Because of Regirock's demonstrable efficacy on the switch(ok what does this actually mean lol), it's a good idea to identify the members of your opponent's team that Regirock can force out and exploit to the fullest. Early-game, it's also a good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, safe option to snag momentum against foes that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn Regirockit or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirockit functionally useless. Finally, if you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on yourRegirock's attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.

Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it. In addition, Regirock's slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit like Mega Gengar, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados can also be very useful to take care of Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's U-turn to ease prediction. Hazard control is essential to Regirock's success, so a solid Defogger like Giratina or Registeel is an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's field to abuse with its U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders); a Magic Bounce user can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet, although Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers like Mega Diancie and Kyurem-B. Therefore, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows for greater flexibility in checking the other two –ate Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino is a good idea for a teammate, preventing Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates. Still, a cleric prevents Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's final moveslot is relatively flexible. Icicle Spear and Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move like Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock'sits low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim to phaze out will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), and after being hit by a strong attack, Regirockit will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's low Speed, but Regirock'sits comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's effectiveness.

Alternatively, one could attempt a Sand Stream set with Leftovers or Safety Goggles to provide a similar buff to Special Defense as Assault Vest does. Sand Stream also holds the allure of discouraging Shedinja from switching in. By sacrificing Regenerator, however, Regirock is forced to spend valuable time recovering, which sacrifices much of the niche that it otherwise holds. Between extra chip damage, a free item slot, and the ability to use status moves, Sand Stream Regirock may appear to be a strong option, but it unfortunately faces strong competition from Flash Fire Steel-types, which play a similar role, unless you plan to use Regirock as a weather setter for a team built around sand. If this is not the case, however, RegenVest is the superior choice, as it is what Regirock excels at.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Poison Heal Giratina**: Once its Toxic Orb is activated, Poison Heal Giratina is impervious to anything Regirock can do. It can easily switch in and status or otherwise cripple Regirock, forcing Regirock to U-turn out on the switch or hard switch out once Giratina is in. However, if Giratina has not yet activated its Toxic Orb,(AC) Regirock,(RC) can threaten it with a Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, or Knock Off.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once the Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, it cannot be affected by Nuzzle,(RC) and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie can easily switch in on much of Regirock's moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
hi friend, amcheck :)

side note i fixed all your apostrophes, didn't bother coloring them blue but they're bolded (I added a note for each one; it's kinda hard to distinguish them otherwise, so try to do that yourself too next time)
TBB: Add Remove (Comments)
TDP: add (Capitalize / Fix) remove (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)

GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its stats and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Regirock'sIts Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's (apostrophe) weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows it Regirock to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's (apostrophe) Rock typing also means that it gains grants it STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar and Mega Diancie offensively and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while maintaining momentum.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========
Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo X on the switch, as well as allowing Regirockit to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offense offensive Pokemon in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are setwhile the poisoning initially remains, removing the Toxic Orb means that Poison Heal will stop working if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========
The EV spread given allows Regirock to always avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Sky Plate Mega Rayquaza's Thousand Arrows or Boomburst after Stealth Rock. It also affords Regirock the ability to check Mega Gengar in a pinch, as it is not OHKOed by +2 Spooky Plate Judgment or Secret Sword. However, if Mega Gengar carries Spore, Regirock will struggle to check it. The rest of the EVs are poured into Attack in order to give Regirock as much offensive presence as possible. Regenerator enables Regirock to recover passively without wasting turns to do so, while Assault Vest buffs up Regirock'sits relatively low Special Defense and synergizes well with Regenerator.

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can capitalize upon and grab momentum or cripple the opponentfoe. Because of Regirock's (apostrophe) demonstrable efficacy in crippling foes on the switch(ok what does this actually mean lol), (this should be it, right?) it's (apostrophe) a good idea to identify the members of your opponent's (apostrophe) team that Regirock can force out and exploit to the fullest. Early-game, it's (apostrophe) also a good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's (apostrophe) strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, safe option to snag momentum against foes that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn Regirockit or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirockit (keep "Regirock") functionally useless. Finally, if you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on yourRegirock's attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.

Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it. In addition, Regirock's (apostrophe) slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't (apostrophe) run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit like such as Mega Gengar, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados can also be very useful to take care of Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's (apostrophe) U-turn to ease prediction. Entry hazard control is essential to Regirock's (apostrophe) success, so making a solid Defogger like such as Giratina or Registeel is an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's (apostrophe) field to abuse capitalize on with its U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders), (comma) a Magic Bounce user which can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet; (SC) although however, (AC) Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers like such as Mega Diancie and Kyurem-B. Therefore, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's (apostrophe) alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows for greater flexibility in checking the other two –ate Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino is a good idea for a teammate, preventing Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates. Still, a cleric prevents Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's (apostrophe) final moveslot is relatively flexible. Icicle Spear and Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's (apostrophe) offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move like such as Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim to phaze out will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), and after being hit by a strong attack, Regirockit (keep "Regirock") will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's (apostrophe) low Speed, but Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's"; the focus is on Metal Burst here, so that's what it seems to correspond to) comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's (apostrophe) effectiveness.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Poison Heal Giratina**: Once its Toxic Orb is activated, Poison Heal Giratina is impervious to anything Regirock can do. It can easily switch in and status or otherwise cripple Regirock, forcing Regirock to U-turn out on the switch or hard switch out once Giratina is in. However, if Giratina has not yet activated its Toxic Orb,(AC) Regirock,(RC) can threaten it with a Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, or Knock Off.

**Lum Berry Sturdy Shedinja**: If Regirock lacks Sand Stream, Knock Off, and Infestation, Shedinja can switch in with absolute impunity and Recycle its Lum Berry if statused. From this position, Shedinja can threaten Regirock with Endeavor or pivot out with an even slower switching move than Regirock's (apostrophe) U-turn, stealing momentum.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's (apostrophe) lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's (apostrophe) Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once the Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, it cannot be affected by Nuzzle,(RC) and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie can easily switch in on much of Regirock's (apostrophe) moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does, (AC) it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.

tbb, try to exercise more caution swapping out "Regirock" for "it"--when in doubt, it's better to keep "Regirock" for clarity reasons if anything. There are definitely some cases where not using "it" can be downright detrimental, but if, say, the focus is on multiple topics at once or if it has been some time since Regirock was specified, the full name is almost required (sorry this is hard to word properly). Some of the Regirock->it changes you made here were definitely good, but I've reverted the other ones. The other changes you made were good, hmu if you've got any questions :]

Last edited:
TBB: Add Remove (Comments)
TDP: add (Capitalize / Fix) remove (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)

GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Though Regirock faces challenges in distinguishing itself in the Balanced Hackmons metagame, its stats and typing combine to provide it with a niche as a bulky pivot. Regirock'sIts Rock typing can initially appear to be a curse in a metagame infested with Thousand Arrows and other attacks that prey on the type's (apostrophe) weaknesses. However, the typing also sports key resistances to Flying and Fire, which notably allows it Regirock to take Aerilate-boosted attacks with ease. This, combined with Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") 80 / 200 physical bulk to absorb Thousand Arrows, means that it sports the ability to comfortably check Mega Rayquaza, as well as countering other threats like Ho-Oh. Regirock's (apostrophe) Rock typing also means that it gains grants it STAB on Diamond Storm, allowing it to apply offensive pressure on a variety of top-tier threats while operating in its defensive capacities. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Mega Tyranitar and Mega Diancie offensively and from Registeel and other bulky Steel-types defensively. Overall, however, Regirock is an excellent pivot that can help teams cover key weaknesses to prominent offensive threats while maintaining momentum.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
==========
Diamond Storm is Regirock's preferred STAB move, dealing decent damage against most foes that don't resist it while having a nifty 50% chance to boost Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") Defense. U-turn is a great move for grabbing momentum, allowing Regirock to exploit its low Speed to give teammates a free switch. Sacred Fire allows Regirock to cripple physical attackers like Mega Mewtwo X on the switch, as well as allowing Regirockit to threaten Shedinja somewhat. However, Nuzzle is also an option to cripple offense offensive Pokemon in general. Knock Off has obvious, general utility; notably, it allows Regirock to neuter the offensive power of threats carrying Life Orb or other boosting items, as well as removing Eviolite from Chansey and stopping Toxic Orbs on the switch. Knock Off also discourages cleric support alongside Poison Heal users even once their Toxic Orbs are setwhile the poisoning initially remains, removing the Toxic Orb means that Poison Heal will stop working if your opponent elects to use Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Finally, Infestation is another option to surprise Shedinja if you opt against running Sacred Fire.

Set Details
==========

Usage Tips
==========

Regirock thrives on forced switches; U-turn, Sacred Fire, Nuzzle, and Knock Off are all tools that you can capitalize upon and grab momentum or cripple the opponentfoe. Because of Regirock's (apostrophe) demonstrable efficacy in crippling foes on the switch(ok what does this actually mean lol), (this should be it, right?) it's (apostrophe) a good idea to identify the members of your opponent's (apostrophe) team that Regirock can force out and exploit to the fullest. Early-game, it's (apostrophe) also a good idea to make copious use of U-turn to identify what the opponent's (apostrophe) strongest answer to Regirock is. Even later on in the game, U-turn is a great, safe option to snag momentum against foes that Regirock walls. Because Regirock is incredibly susceptible to status, you should scout around to identify which members of the opposing team can burn Regirockit or put it to sleep and act accordingly—getting hit with either of these statuses can leave Regirockit (keep "Regirock") functionally useless. Finally, if you opt to use Infestation, this should be hidden against opponents running Sturdy Shedinja until you can bait the Shedinja to come in on yourRegirock's attacks; otherwise, a smart opponent will simply pivot out and make it quite difficult to land the Infestation.

Team Options
==========

Poison Heal Giratina makes for a fantastic teammate to Regirock. Not only can it counter an Imposter of Regirock with ease, but it also boasts excellent defensive synergy with Regirock and can soak up status for it. In addition, Regirock's (apostrophe) slow U-turn gives Giratina an easy way to activate its Toxic Orb or nab an extra turn of Poison Heal recovery. If Regirock doesn't (apostrophe) run Infestation, a Mold Breaker Pokemon with Pursuit like such as Mega Gengar, Giratina, or Mega Gyarados can also be very useful to take care of Shedinja, once again capitalizing on Regirock's (apostrophe) U-turn to ease prediction. Entry hazard control is essential to Regirock's (apostrophe) success, so making a solid Defogger like such as Giratina or Registeel is an excellent teammate. Ideally, Regirock would also appreciate entry hazards down on the opponent's (apostrophe) field to abuse capitalize on with its U-turn; however, as keeping hazards off of its own side of the field is the primary concern and Defog is the most reliable way to do this, stacking hazards is often forced to take a back seat. Another way to limit hazards is with a Magic Bounce user (again, Giratina and Registeel are prime contenders), (comma) a Magic Bounce user which can also be useful to redirect the status that Regirock attracts like a magnet; (SC) although however, (AC) Mold Breaker can easily bypass it. While Regirock is certainly bulky, it struggles to switch in against Pixilate and, to a lesser extent, Refrigerate attackers like such as Mega Diancie and Kyurem-B. Therefore, a secondary check to these two must be included as a teammate. However, Regirock's (apostrophe) alleviation of the pressure from Aerilate allows for greater flexibility in checking the other two –ate Pokemon. Finally, a cleric such as Registeel or Mega Audino is a good idea for a teammate, preventing Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly, although it synergizes poorly with Poison Heal on other teammates. Still, a cleric prevents Regirock from becoming dead weight if put to sleep or burned unexpectedly.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
==========

Regirock's (apostrophe) final moveslot is relatively flexible. Icicle Spear and Ice Shard are both useful additions for their abilities to help out against Mega Rayquaza; the first can hit Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza through Subsitute, while the second can allow Regirock to save a turn of tanking damage by KOing Mega Rayquaza with priority. A reliable damaging move like Seismic Toss or Night Shade is a possibility, but as Regirock's (apostrophe) offense is relatively well rounded between Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire, this is often a redundant option. Rapid Spin is another potential inclusion, but Regirock is unfortunately a terrible user of the move, as it gives two of its checks, Shedinja and Giratina, free switches in. A phazing move like such as Circle Throw or Dragon Tail is also an option to nail foes trying to set up and potentially bring in something against which Regirock can U-turn out with impunity. However, due to Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's") low Speed and lack of immediate recovery, this could potentially backfire—anything you aim to phaze out will likely have the capacity to leave a mark on Regirock (otherwise, there is very little reason to phaze it), and after being hit by a strong attack, Regirockit (keep "Regirock") will often be forced to switch out blindly against a fresh attacker that could cripple or even KO it before it can get off a U-turn. Clear Smog is another option to achieve the same goal of blocking stat boosting. Finally, Metal Burst is an option that synergizes well with Regirock's (apostrophe) low Speed, but Regirock'sits (keep "Regirock's"; the focus is on Metal Burst here, so that's what it seems to correspond to) comparatively low HP by Balanced Hackmons standards greatly lowers the move's (apostrophe) effectiveness.

Checks and Counters
==========

**Lum Berry Sturdy Shedinja**: If Regirock lacks Sand Stream, Knock Off, and Infestation, Shedinja can switch in with absolute impunity and Recycle its Lum Berry if statused. From this position, Shedinja can threaten Regirock with Endeavor or pivot out with an even slower switching move than Regirock's (apostrophe) U-turn, stealing momentum.

**Protean Mega Mewtwo**: While they struggle to switch in safely, Protean Mega Mewtwo X and Y can both threaten Regirock with STAB Thousand Arrows and Earth Plate Judgment, respectively. Due to Regirock's (apostrophe) lack of immediate, reliable recovery, it is often forced to switch out of these attacks to avoid being KOed (Mega Mewtwo X's (apostrophe) Thousand Arrows is a clean 2HKO, whereas Mega Mewtwo Y has a chance to OHKO with Earth Plate Judgment). To add insult to injury, once the Mewtwo changes its type to Ground with Protean, it cannot be affected by Nuzzle,(RC) and it resists Diamond Storm.

**Mega Diancie**: Mega Diancie can easily switch in on much of Regirock's (apostrophe) moveset thanks to its typing, and once it does, (AC) it can threaten Regirock with a powerful Pixilate-boosted Boomburst. However, Mega Diancie is relatively vulnerable to Regirock's Diamond Storm and Sacred Fire.

tbb, try to exercise more caution swapping out "Regirock" for "it"--when in doubt, it's better to keep "Regirock" for clarity reasons if anything. There are definitely some cases where not using "it" can be downright detrimental, but if, say, the focus is on multiple topics at once or if it has been some time since Regirock was specified, the full name is almost required (sorry this is hard to word properly). Some of the Regirock->it changes you made here were definitely good, but I've reverted the other ones. The other changes you made were good, hmu if you've got any questions :]
Implemented. Is there anything I need to do to get this uploaded or do I just change the thread title?

Small nitpick before this is uploaded - don't mention Regirock's actual stats in the overview since they're available in the dex entry. Instead just say it has "immense" physical bulk or any other synonym.

After very briefly reading the Overview and Moves section of the analysis I also noticed spacing issues at quite a few places (ex: Regirock'sRock typing) with some words lacking spaces in-between them so you might want to fix that throughout the analysis as well.

Small nitpick before this is uploaded - don't mention Regirock's actual stats in the overview since they're available in the dex entry. Instead just say it has "immense" physical bulk or any other synonym.

After very briefly reading the Overview and Moves section of the analysis I also noticed spacing issues at quite a few places (ex: Regirock'sRock typing) with some words lacking spaces in-between them so you might want to fix that throughout the analysis as well.
I'd say this is okay since you are saying, since it has these very high stats, you are able to tank them. It's to show the impressiveness of the actual stat themselves, you know? Like saying "it has a high base Speed of 160," but for Defense.

That spacing issue was spectacularly weird, but it has been fixed. There must have been an error when I c/p'd out of word. Also, I think that as per uf's guidance I will keep the line about bulk the way it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)