Not open for further replies.

VS.

Career pass completion %: 58.4% vs. 61.8%: DALTON WINS

Career YPA: 7.08 vs. 7.02: BASICALLY A TIE

Career Interceptions/Game: 0.96 vs. 1.00: BASICALLY A TIE

Career high Completion %: 61.7% vs. 64.2%: DALTON WINS

Career TDs/Attempt: 0.0468 vs. 0.0479: BASICALLY A TIE

Career Receiving TDs: 0 vs. 1: DALTON WINS

Luck is not the problem ailing the Colts, but he sure as hell isn't the solution. Things are not going to get better once he signs his $25 million a year contract. Luck has 2 things going for him that inflate his status in the public's perception: ESPN touting him as the greatest-prospect-ever since college, and high volume passing stats. He's not some football savant, or legendary talent, or even an elite quarterback. Sadly, ESPN will never let the public forget about him like they basically have about Matt Stafford, so if his average play continues to drop into "bad" territory (regardless of whether it's his, the O-Line's, or the coaches' fault) he will continue to be crucified. He doesn't even have a ring to hide behind like Flacco does.

...Now, I'm not saying Luck is an average or bad quarterback. It's just, quite frankly, he does not deserve one quarter of the praise he gets. Regardless at what stat you look at, Luck is either barely top-10 or outside the top-10 in terms of efficiency or value. This is only his fourth year, and in his third he set career highs in just about everything, but he still isn't where the public perceives him to be. There's nearly a dozen old farts in front of him that he simply isn't better than yet.

P.S.: the stats are mostly an exercise in how you can manipulate stats to fit whatever you're trying to claim, I don't actually think Andrew Luck = Andy Dalton :^) :^)

I'm not trying to come off as being biased ,but in all likelihood I probably will, but Luck isn't elite YET. I say yet because Luck is the best young QB under the age of 30 atm. The only other good young QBs are Cam and Wilson(And Cam has accuracy issues). Most of the current elites are almost on their way out(Peyton, Brady, Ben, Eli, and Brees etc). The only other QB set to dominate is Aaron Rodgers. Brady, Peyton, and the rest had their prime already. They won't be in the league much more than 5 years. This is relevant because most of Luck's losses came against high profile QBs(Brady, Peyton, Ben namely). Once they're gone, I highly doubt someone will come in and challenge him not named Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson. I say this because Luck has gotten better in each of his 3 years AND further a round into the playoffs. So if Luck keeps developing his game then by the time that Brady, and Peton etc are out of the league, there won't really be anyone in the AFC better than Luck. Would I call him top 10? Yes but not top 5. But I love his potential to keep growing. But until then, well... we get Weeks 1-2 Luck. Yuck.

The only other good young QBs are Cam and Wilson(And Cam has accuracy issues).
This is the exact kind of thing that I'm talking about. Cam has "Accuracy issues" and a career completion % of 59.3 (vs 58.4 for luck) while sporting a significantly higher yards/attempt (7.43 vs 7.08). Their career seasons - Cam in 2013 and Luck in 2014 - are not even that different from a pure passing standpoint (While Cam, obviously, has significant value as a runner). It is not just you; a large % of NFL fans share the same idea that hey, Andrew Luck is really good, he must be accurate/efficient/whatever, but it's simply not the case.

Yes, in five years Luck will probably be the best AFC quarterback. Until then, Brady, Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning (even this year's), and Rivers are all better -right now- than Luck is, with at least an equal number of NFC quarterbacks at about the same level (your post has a disappointing lack in Matt Ryan :C). Until then, Luck can keep padding his W/L total against the worst division in the NFL over the past X years and people can keep pretending that he's top-5 until he either earns it or enough players retire that he's top five by default.

The three best Qbs in the NFL right now are Rodgers, Brady and Roethlisberger

Those 3 are the only QBs id considered to be elite because no other quarterback is even playing close to their level right now.

In the second tier Brees and Peyton look to be falling off and Luck hasn't lived up to the offseason hype.

When it comes to the ranking of all the other QBs the list is pretty arbitrary.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
the fact that manziel is #12 on that list says a lot about its accuracy.
It's week 2.... Manziel has played one game..... Sample size???

Also that's the QB rating list and all QB rating lists are shit. The accuracy% list has Manziel as 4th worst.

WaterBomb smogonsux pw: thevalkyries

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Bills I know I asked for a spare quarterback but Cassel wasn't QUITE what I had in mind...

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are 9 teams starting 0-2 right now. Statistically 12% of them will make the playoffs meaning basically 1 of them.

Who's playoff bound and who's staying home in January?

Beginning to think my preseason prediction of Colts/Packers is doomed.

There are 9 teams starting 0-2 right now. Statistically 12% of them will make the playoffs meaning basically 1 of them.

Packers are 2-0 not 0-2. If anyone's doomed it's the Bears/Saints. The Colts won't live up to the hype I and so many others had, they'll make the playoffs still. I think the Jags/Titans aren't shit per se, the AFC South is still the worst division and I still think they'll make the playoffs and get dumped by the Patriots. It won't be anything unusual.
The Bears have a QB that's by far the worst QB in the game since Cutler is hurt and they're without rookie Kevin White and veterans Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Marshall. The only player that's worth noting on that active squad is Matt Forte. He'll be a beast as usual(unless he gets hurt). I seriously doubt the Bears will be equal to or better than 2014's 5-11. It's not me hating the Bears. It's me being realistic. They're probably doomed.
The Saints have too many holes to be off set by Drew Brees(and he's hurt lol). That being said, they have more talent than the Bears but I think their schedule is the shakiest.
As for the Texans, Colts, Lions, Ravens, and Seahawks, I wouldn't count any of them out yet. They might be in "Oh shit" mode but none of them should be discounted this soon. 4 of those 5 were playoff teams last year and none of them lost many players in FA, Trade, Retirements etc.(except Detroit but they're still talented)

Giants are definitely going to the playoffs. And it starts tomorrow when they blow out the skins.

Though i am worried because if it happens it would literally be 2007 again(start 0-2, with the boys as their first loss on the road, and a game against the redskins to save the season... in a year that they play the afc east).

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
some hero's starry eyed child like sense of optimism is much less endearing than DM's

I'm going with the Colts cause crap division and I have to maintain my preseason predictions. All the other 0-2 teams miss out.

What why? Is it because the Bills are terrible and have been terrible for years while the Giants are one of the NFLs premier franchises and one of the best teams the last decade? Is it because i actually have the right to look down at pretty much all other teams fans while DM is stuck down there with jag fans?

I don't usually respond or talk about some hero's posts because it's like talking to a crazed religious fanatic, all they want is attention and for someone to listen to them, but reading that last sentence of his above post literally made me want to vomit. Lol "have the right", dude get the fuck over yourself.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
What why? Is it because the Bills are terrible and have been terrible for years while the Giants are one of the NFLs premier franchises and one of the best teams the last decade? Is it because i actually have the right to look down at pretty much all other teams fans while DM is stuck down there with jag fans?
Because the Bills are better than the Giants right now, even if they've been woeful as s franchise for the last decade or more. They have a top 3 defense in the league that just happened to run into the Patriots buzzsaw at the wrong time.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
some hero let's make a bet. If the Giants win more games than the Cowboys this year, I'll add "Eli Manning is a better quarterback than Tony Romo" to my signature for the entirety of the offseason. If the Cowboys win more games than the Giants, you have to add "Brandon Weeden is a better quarterback than Eli Manning" to yours. You in?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
some hero let's make a bet. If the Giants win more games than the Cowboys this year, I'll add "Eli Manning is a better quarterback than Tony Romo" to my signature for the entirety of the offseason. If the Cowboys win more games than the Giants, you have to add "Brandon Weeden is a better quarterback than Eli Manning" to yours. You in?
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.

SO LET IT BE DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)