The UU Open IV - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lost ggs

g1: hax made it easier but aint like i was gonna have trouble winning lol
g2: literally 6-0d with veno but alas GOT HAXED
g3: this nigga brought the taunt np houndoom, guess the better player won s/o's to me for gettin ct'd like an idiot.

ok now im calling activity, was gonna play last week but he couldn't find time. today i had to up until 2:30 am in order to fight and he isn't here, you can check our vm correspondence

i understand the situation and availabilities suck but this is p annoying lol and i'm probably gonna be a lot less active in weekend

edit- ok it's been 10 min, gonna log off now

EDIT2- Alrighty, so opp and i can only battle on sunday/his monday afternoon prob; extension/activity call

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Opponent said he would be available after 5 but its been half an hour and no response from him. Activity.

Edit: requesting activity win. Its been an hour since my opponent was supposed to show up and at this point its nigh impossible for me to play. I was proactive in contacting and letting him know when i was available. An extension wouldnt work as i have tennis commitments and 2 other bo3s to play, along with a large bulk of schoolwork due on monday, and am not free in the weekdays.

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
If thats the case then i have no idea what decision jirachee should take. Im surprised that if you were actively looking for me for an hour you wouldn't think of messaging me on smogon once. We cant play now, not sure what the moat fair course of action is in this case.

Hmm if you can't play now, then I am requesting an extension. If you can find some posible time that you will be available, notify me.

FlamingVictini

And what if i cant? Im up to my neck in things to finish tomorrow and i dont see where i can fit in another bo3. (Weekdays are out regardless). Im not going to compromise myself either because you failed to notify me that you were available while i was clearly showing activity on smogon.

As I've already told you, I could not find you on either server. On the main server you haven't been on for hours, and on smogtours I couldn't find you.

FlamingVictini

"HaxED I will be available at sometime around 5. I need to get some things done. Thanks for checking up."

There are two things wrong with this.
1. You said "sometime around 5". You also said "I need to get some things done." It is very reasonable for me to assume that you won't be available right at 5, so you would likely message me when you've finished what you need to get done so we can play.
2. You never said that you will be on PS or Smogtours. Literally the only other message I had from you at this point was that you were gmt-4 and that you wanted to play on saturday. It is extremely reasonable now for me to assume you will message me since I not only do not know when exactly you will be online, but we also haven't decided where we want to play. What if i wanted to play on pandora and was waiting there? Then it wouldn't be fair to you to claim that I was waiting for you, when we hadn't even decided where we were going to play. That's not activity at all; that's bullshit. In this case PS main or smogtours are obviously the most likely candidates for where we would play, so its not as unreasonable as my example. However, any claim to activity by being on ps or smogtours has little substantial value compared to communicating to the person on smogon where you KNOW you can find them and there will be proof of this communication.

I have already established that an extension still likely won't let us get this done, and even if it does, it would inconvenience me very greatly because of your mistake. It would also be unfair to coinflip this game when this was largely your fault. Why should i accept a 50% chance to win because you screwed up and I was waiting for your contact and showing my activity? I don't understand who would search for someone on PS for almost an hour without even thinking about coming on smogon even once in that timeframe. This may suck for you, but your oversight of not communicating on smogon was a large one and firmly believe that I should be given an activity win in this situation.

Yes, I am aware haven't contacted you on the forums when I was online, but neither did you until you've replied to me that you requested an activity. You also weren't on PS, which I am mentioning because it makes no sense for you to not be there.

HaxED you're probably new to the tournament scene judging by your post count, so just as an FYI: when you give your opponent a general timeframe when you intend to play ("around 5" certainly qualifies), you are the one who should initiate VM contact right before you battle. FlamingVictini wasn't gonna hop from server to server to hunt you down until you gave him a signal that you were online and ready to go. For all he knew, he might have burned 30-60 minutes of his time doing so. With that said, I agree giving you an activity loss is probably harsh considering he didn't make any effort to message you at or after the assigned time, so I hope you guys can play (maybe after his commitments). Round 5 is really late to give activity wins in circumstances where both people want to play.

At any rate, best of luck to both competitors.

FlamingVictini

Sweeps post is pretty accurate, he probably communicated this better than I. It's not true that I didn't make any effort to message my opponent at the intended time of our game. I guess I should have posted on his profile as well as in this thread, but i only did the latter. It turns out that this didn't actually make a difference as HaxED only checked smogon at the time he made the post in this thread, but it probably would have been better regaradless.

I also feel that it is a little harsh to give an activity loss to HaxED, but I also feel it is unfair to coinflip this game since it was primarily his oversight that led to this situation. Not that I had zero fault in this, but his fault is much greater than mine in this situation. If I have the time to play tomorrow i will do so; but i think there is a very very low chance of this happening since I have many prior commitments for tomorrow.

Hopefully things don't get anymore complicated. I am aware of my faultiness in this predicament, and now it has put me in an unfavorable position. Thanks for clarifying, Sweep.

If it can still be done, I'd still like to play the games.

FlamingVictini

I don't see how this doesn't make sense. I've already scheduled in advance to play 2 bo3's today, and my schedule is already packed with IRL things. Do you suggest that I don't play one of my other games for this tour game just because my opponent screwed up yesterday? I liked the message to confirm it Ready2go202.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)