Legal Mons

Well, Pikachu vs. Raichu is about power versus speed. Pikachu is more powerful than Raichu, but Raichu is faster and can generally survive attacks. It's up to you what you want to use.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Poison Heal+Defog Gliscor is now legal! Yes!

This makes Gliscor even more viable than before. He was already good with good Defense as well as access to BOTH reliable recovery and Poison Heal. The one problem, however, was that HA and Defog weren't legal, as Defog was a tutor in Gen IV and Hidden Abilities were introduced in Gen V. With Legalmons, it makes 'Scor a lot more viable.

Not sure how it would fit in the Legalmons metagame, so I would be very interested to see how he fits.

Last edited:
I do think we are overestimating Pikachu a bit too much. Icicle Crash will be on practically all physical Pikachu sets, but you got to remember how frail this thing is. It also doesn't help about how slow it is either in this metagame. It'll be perfect for wallbreaking, but that's it probably.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Poison Heal+Defog Gliscor is now legal! Yes!
Defog Poison Heal Gliscor, SD Baton Pass Shedinja and Softboiled Unaware Clefable look nice. Also, Sturdy Custap Berry Forretress and Aura Sphere Raikou without Rash nature are nice too.
I agree with allowing hidden abilities, none of the hidden abilities seems to make a pokemon broken, though Water and Volt Abosrb Suicune/Raikou seems very awesome
/nitpick

In terms of power, Pikachu is essentially an faster, itemless Azumarill (Pikachu has 55/50/90 offensive stats) with FakeSpeed, different coverage, and the ability to go special, while bring much frailer and crippled by koff (though you're hardly going to survive the hit anyway lol). I think it'll be cool but it needs fakespeed (or an agility boost I guess) to tackle offense (it can't carry scarf for obvious reasons), and being non-STAB, that doesn't hit super hard against bulkier teams.

I reckon the Nidos will be fun to use - queen can run a bulky set with options such as SR, Tspikes, a sleep move, and (semi-)reliable recovery in moonlight, as well as its ridiculous offensive movepool, and king getting a sleep move allows it to wreck stuff once it gets in.

Okay, my first question is, how did this metagame get a second wind long after I abandoned it?

My second question is, why haven't you thought about Eeveelutions, which are now actually dangerous due to their access to Growth. Put them in a sun team please.

The first question is answered by the bumping post itself; "bumping this because this is currently the only 'all-hail-Pikachu-meta'."

The second question is answered because due to this, all the discussion post-bump has been about the yellow rodent and its evo. And on non-sun, the Growth Eeveelutions are still better when using Calm Mind or Swords Dance (Leafeon). For Leafeon it actually doesn't matter since that thing does not go special, but it might want to BP the boosts, but I know from experience that BP and weather do not go well together. It looks threatening on paper but I don't see it being very usable.

flareon can actually use it, because it's stuck with Curse otherwise
but it still has no moves
Dragonite gets Heal Bell. God help us all.
Chansey gets Sweet Kiss.
Mawile gets Sing. That might prove useful in, i dunno, Legal Mons Ubers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)