Project PS NU Room Teambuilding Workshops [see post #183]

Was pretty fun to see this go down again. Happy my offensive Claydol suggestion went through. Played the workshops version a few times then made a few suggestions that were mentioned in chat a few times.

Chople>Lefties on Regirock
WoW>Pain Split on Weezing

considering swapping out Psychic on Claydol, I don't really think many mons that you wanna hit with it would switch into Doll anyways (Hari, Gurd, Magmortar)

But yeah interesting session! I would have liked to see the team include offensive Rose but it seems like it would have been to difficult to use it with the direction the team was taking.

Dis edit: I actually made the last second change of Signal to Psychic and WoW to Pain Split, they should be there on the pb :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey dudes, workshop this Saturday so I'm opening up voting now.

Also, after this coming workshop, I'm changing the schedule back to once a month. These are happening a bit too frequently for my tastes. I don't think I'll have a cohost this time as well considering how comfortable I felt with the amount of users contributing to the discussion. I'll also try the group chats for this session and see how that works out.

Please keep nominations at the B- benchmark like last time. I'll give you guys some more freedom once we re-rank everything in the VR, but let's just keep this simple for now.

V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-V-VIVILLON

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Samurott @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Shift Gear
- Substitute

Teambuilding Logs: http://pastebin.com/4fer8S3R
We ended up building with Vivillon this time. A number of us were bored of always building balance for these so we decided to choose a slightly harder team archetype to build with when we chose Offense. You have to play the team very aggressively, but it's very potent when it's used correctly. Try it out for yourself and discuss what you've found with the team here!

Oh and shoutouts to Pokedots for not complaining when I forced him into cohosting with me. It's nice having a cohost after all n_n See you guys in a month!

Is klinklang supposed to be jolly? I ended up leaving during the worshop so I don't know if that's a typo or if it outspeeds something specific.

Disjunction

Hey guys this is 2 weeks late. I didn't want to host it on the 7th cause I was really swamped that week and for this week I just plain forgot.

So we're going to do it this next Sunday! I'm going to keep the B- minimum requirement. I think it'd be nice if I didn't see 75% of the suggested mons be the minimum, but I can't force you guys so go crazy.

Here's a link to the new VR if you need it: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-nu-viability-rankings.3555650/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)