The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the dumb Chiefs don't just hand the ball to charles 30+ times. Even in games like these where they're getting blown out i trust that Charles will take one to the house with enough carries. I know for a fact Captain Checkdown has no chance of doing that. In normal games, the Chiefs seriously need to stop passing so much.

I sometimes wish Reid could have a qb like luck, romo or eli just to see the stats they would have.

I don't understand why the dumb Chiefs don't just hand the ball to charles 30+ times. Even in games like these where they're getting blown out i trust that Charles will take one to the house with enough carries. I know for a fact Captain Checkdown has no chance of doing that. In normal games, the Chiefs seriously need to stop passing so much.

I sometimes wish Reid could have a qb like luck, romo or eli just to see the stats they would have.
Finally, not a 100% ignorant post by some hero. Cherish it folks. You'll only see this once in 10 pages if you're lucky

Jesus... Rodgers might repeat as MVP. I'm still rooting for Julio to win the MVP though. He'd need something ridiculous like 2000+ yards, 16 TDs and the Falcons to win at least 10 games. I'm not sure Julio can last all 16 games though.

Last edited:
Definitely true that Rodgers is the best QB out there (and I hate myself for picking Luck over him) but James Jones is fine as a #2. I honestly don't know why he drew so little free agent interest.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Definitely true that Rodgers is the best QB out there (and I hate myself for picking Luck over him) but James Jones is fine as a #2. I honestly don't know why he drew so little free agent interest.
Because he was ass at the Raiders. Derek Carr isn't even that bad, Rodgers is just that good that he can make fringe players into stars.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Prior to being with the Raiders James Jones was decent, so whatever.

The Chiefs not being able to throw deep is just as much on Alex Smith as it is on their lack of a downfield pass catching threat. They just don't have one. At all.

Because he was ass at the Raiders.
Jones was always solid; his stats were ass because our entire offense was ass. Imagine the Chiefs without Charles and Kelce. That was us last year. Carr just never wanted to throw anything other than checkdowns. He looked like Alex Smith but inaccurate for pretty much all of last year, as well as Week 1 this year. The past couple weeks have been great, but I'm way too skeptical to trust Carr. I hope this 2 week stretch is development, not a fluke, but I don't know if Carr has it in him.

The Raiders look to have turned a corner now that they have a No.1 Receiver, a good starting Running back, a stud pass rusher and a decent quarterback.

But they still have that Raider stigma associated with them and they got blown out at home by the Bengals.

They still look like a 6-10 - 8-8 type team to me.

I personally think that Carr will resemble a 2009-2012 Carson Palmer type of quarterback. He's not very accurate as seen when he misfires wide open receivers (happens quite a bit if you watch the games) but he won't just blatantly toss the ball to the other team when he misses. He'll probably be one of those Andy Dalton type where if you can get a team around him, he can take you to the playoffs... but won't win you much when you get there. As a Raiders fan, I am ok with that considering the shitters we've had over the past decade.

Mack on the other hand is a fuckin monster. I have been a bit disappointed in Aldon Smith so far this year...he hasn't had much of an impact from what I've seen. Although I guess I didn't notice how he's seemed to really cool off after his first 2 years.

I also find it hilarious that Carson Palmer is 15-2 in his last 17. Finally has a good team around him, hopefully he doesn't get injured again so that people can see he's actually a pretty good QB.

edit: I just read this blurb on espn: "The 35 coaches and personnel evaluators polled for the QB Tiers project consistently pointed to the Oakland Raiders' 2014 second-round draft choice as the first- or second-year quarterback most likely to reach the highest tier. They liked Teddy Bridgewater and offered mixed reviews for Jameis Winston. They were generally positive on Marcus Mariota without projecting stardom for him. The feeling on Blake Bortles was lukewarm."

Apparently there is hope!!!

Last edited:
I like Derek Carr's potential more than those others(Mariota arguable) but I have a bad feeling that the fact that he's an Oakland Raiders QB means he's destined to ruin his career despite said potential. Prove me wrong Raider Nation

They're the best teams in the league right now of course people are going to hype that and ngl that'd be a gr8 Super Bowl matchup
Not really. Pats/Pack are basically offense and that's it. People put too much emphasis on offense. It's all good and well in the regular season but it ain't going to matter in the playoffs. The Broncos, with the best defense in the nfl, are the best team in the league. The Broncos offensive "struggles" are a non issue and the offense if definitely more than good enough. Against the terrible defenses of these two teams i fully expect 400 yards from Peyton. Won't be as easy for Rodgers/Brady on their own side.

I am a little disappointed by the fact that the Broncos play the Pack at their own home. Because going up to Lambeau field is the best test a defense go through. There is no better offense than the Pack at home so it would have been a great meter. However, they play at Broncos home so it'll be a blowout and a boring game. I would say the same about the Pats but the Broncos will find a way to choke against them and make it close.

Not really. Pats/Pack are basically offense and that's it. People put too much emphasis on offense. It's all good and well in the regular season but it ain't going to matter in the playoffs. The Broncos, with the best defense in the nfl, are the best team in the league. The Broncos offensive "struggles" are a non issue and the offense if definitely more than good enough. Against the terrible defenses of these two teams i fully expect 400 yards from Peyton. Won't be as easy for Rodgers/Brady on their own side.

I am a little disappointed by the fact that the Broncos play the Pack at their own home. Because going up to Lambeau field is the best test a defense go through. There is no better offense than the Pack at home so it would have been a great meter. However, they play at Broncos home so it'll be a blowout and a boring game. I would say the same about the Pats but the Broncos will find a way to choke against them and make it close.
Lol if you think Denver can beat Green Bay in Denver then you're a Peyton Manning fanboy. Green Bay's defense isn't flashy but it's more than respectable.
As for NE, they lost a lot of defensive talent, but Brady and Gronk alone can take NE to the SB. Never mind the fact that Brady makes mediocre WRs like Edelman, Amendola, and LaFell play better than they actually are. Brady makes WRs better.

its absolute miracle, i think you're 100% right for the first time in history maybe. defenses that mostly close resemble denver defense atm via ypp and coverage?: 2013 seattle 2000 ravens 2002 bucs 85 bears....pretty good company. disagree about blowout, could easily see packers winning but in grand scheme of things denver is best team in league atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)