Project LIVE OU Teambuilding Workshops | next workshop: ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
the core i want to post is this offfensive core

Keldeo+M-Diancie+AssVest Torn-T
keldeo.gif
diancie-mega.gif
tornadus-therian.gif

1. Ability: Clear Body
  2. EVs: 52 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
  3. Hasty Nature
  4. - Moonblast
  5. - Diamond Storm
  6. - Earth Power
  7. - Protect

8. Keldeo @ Life Orb
  9. Ability: Justified
  10. EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  11. Timid Nature
  12. - Scald
  13. - Secret Sword
  14. - Rest
  15. - Sleep Talk

16. Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
  17. Ability: Regenerator
  18. EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
  19. Hasty Nature
  20. - Hurricane
  21. - Heat Wave
  22. - Knock Off
  23. - U-turn
The Core is Hyper Offensive i have had some teambuilding block so i thought of posting it here Mega-Diancie Is the star and used to break unprepared teams. RestTalk Keldeo is to deal with bisharp and weavile which other wise are problems and is good for bulky grounds like Hippo which are annoying. The Torn-T set is Hurricane whick is just stron stab and heatwave is for steels like Skarmory and Ferrothorn which are annoying but feel free to change the Torn-T set Assault Vest which acts as a Hard Check to Gengar and check keld and otger stuff.:]
ENYOY!!!

The core I want to post is a Manaphy + Metagross core.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
This core was a relativly popular core earlier on in the ORAS meta, but it has started to dwindle. I really just wanna see how this core works in the meta and how the teambuilding for it would work. This core completments erachother by having the majority of metagross's switch ins being set up on by manaphy and Mega Metagross handles the majority of manaphy's checks and counter as well. There is not much to say about this core besides the fact that it is a great offensive core.

we're about to start the workshop in approximately half an hour! we're gonna be building around BlazeLatias's Mega Gardevoir + Feraligatr. sorry for the late post... PS! kept on going down & we weren't sure if we'd still be hosting it tonight.

edit: workshop is gonna be sometime tomorrow... we gotta plan and i'll post when we know. sorry for all the inconveniences here :/

Last edited:
If we aren't using the same core as last night (before the server shit the bed), then I'd like to add one of my own.

M-Gyara steps all over common stallmons and defensive threats, and can boost with impunity on them. It's also a formidable stop to a lot of Psychic-types currently seen on the ladder, and can hold its own decently well against very common 'mons like Lopunny after a boost. Raikou is there to handle things like Thundy-I and M-Venusaur, since Gyara often loses a lot of momentum for the team if it tries to boost while they're still around.
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

update: didn't realize the link wasn't updated... fixed it. if you click the link in the first post under the OP, it'll lead to a nice little archive OrdA created that features teams created in the workshops, and how we went about building those teams.

we're gonna aim to host a workshop next weekend (not this upcoming one). this time we'll try for a better timezone for european users if possible n_n

with that said, feel free to post cores! we'll pick a handful of the cores and make a poll before the workshop starts to decide what we build around. also, remember to include a decent explanation of your core, and don't post something bad c;

edit: you can post one pokemon instead of a core if you'd like, but if you do, PLEASE make sure you mention a few pokemon that work nicely with the pokemon you posted. this makes it easier for us to make a core out of that, making the workshop shorter and a bit more efficient.

upload_2015-10-14_19-5-41.png
upload_2015-10-14_19-6-1.png
upload_2015-10-14_19-6-21.png

Ok i am just copy pasting this core that I put in good cores lol but it's a solid offensive bird spam core with a couple replays.
Offensive Core. Banded Staraptor is very powerful and always has been. But since it dies to recoil and can be taken advantage of, people don't seem to use it. Anyways, this is BirdSpam+Mega Sceptile, which is a core that I came up with testing out a new Mega Sceptile team. Banded Raptor and Swords Dance Talonflame weaken each others checks and counters to hopefully end up with a late game sweep. However if you are locked into a move like brave bird or close combat, Rotom Wash can wall staraptor and do volt switch or will o wisp shenanigans on your team. Here is where Mega Sceptile comes in. With Lightning rod and a quad resistance to water, mega sceptile completely turns the opponents Rotom into a liability. It can also check the various electric types in the tier even ohkoin mega manectric with a leaf storm. It can't switch in on electric types as they all have some sort of ice coverage. Mega Sceptile has a good matchup against a lot of checks to the birds, including Tank Chomp, Rain, Sand, etc.
How to use: Use u-turn to your advantage, luring out the checks to birds, and let Mega Sceptile pour holes in these checks.

Sets
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ev Explanation: Mega Sceptile has enough speed to outspeed thundurus before mega evolving. Staraptor and talonflame are standard.

Why this core works: Fat Blobs like chansey and clefable love switching in on mega scep, as do mega venu, ammoonguss, etc. Staraptor breaks these walls very easily.
The Birds are weak to electric types, etc. Mega Scep checks sand, rain, and most electric types. It also lures and kos steel types for talonflame and raptor.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-280155860
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-280163253

My Core:

AV Goodra + Mega-Slowbro

Mega Bro is arguably the best or one of the best defensive walls in the OU metagame. However it is extremely weak to the prevalent Electric type. AV Goodra takes extremely little from Special moves, and its dragon typing gives it many resistances. Also Sap Sipper allows Goodra to completely wall Ferrothorn. My sets for the mons are:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Mega Alakazam Hazard Stack

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Encore

not a core, but it has been the root of an extremely solid teamstyle nowadays, a ton of variations are being seen in tour usage. the premise of it is simple, lay down hazards with your setters, force offensive pressure or chip down the opposing team til zams answers are in range for it to clean; some examples include abusing voltturn alongside breakers, pressuring the opponents choice of hazard deterrent with say, scarftar along with fat set up sweepers like cm + twave clef, sd gliscor along with a bunch of other cool mechanics.

just suggested this as it'll be a really nice way for beginner / amateur players looking forward to well explained insight on teambuilding, playing and analysing in general (some little stuff like how one decision / change can impact an entire build and scenarios), as zam hazard stack builds cover a ton of stuff relating to that while maintaining with an extremely flexible build.

a little thing i'd like to add on is, you don't specifically have to go with a build leaning towards balance, you could probably try to utilise something like scoli | keys + chomp | landot on a more offensively inclined build while retaining more or less the same properties the other setters have. again, sorry if its a stretch, but it'd be a really fun and effective concept for the workshop, unlike several of the 'ineffective' cores that have been built around

have fun~

SR Setters

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe | 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm / Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect / Taunt
- Toxic / Earth Power / Stone Edge

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Toxic / Whirlwind / Ice Fang
---
Spike Setters

Skarmory @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Careful | Bold Nature
- Iron Head / Brave Bird / Counter
- Roost
- Taunt / Whirlwind
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip / Protect

i'm just gonna request that people post fewer offense cores this time around considering the vast majority of our workshops have been based around some form of offense. we're not gonna police this or anything; i'm just kinda politely requesting n_n

mega slowbro @ slowbronite | regenerator
modest | 248 hp / 36 def / 136 satk / 80 sdef / 8 spe | 0 atk
scald | psychic | fire blast | slack off

in addition to mega alakazam balance, i think a mega slowbro balance would be another candidate for future workshops. i remember when tfl peaked with this type of build and trying one out in the current metagame would be really cool. calm mind sets are generally better for offensive archetypes, but all out attacker is really cool for balance since it is both bulky and strong. stabs cover a huge portion of the metagame and fire blast nukes steels and grass types. there are other variations with grass knot over psychic, so this isn't set in stone. scarftar is an excellent teammate like the old team for trapping latios and starmie which resist its coverage. hazard stacking megabro builds would be something really cool and while mega alakazam took its place, mega slowbro brings a lot more utility defensively to the table at the cost of speed.

Cause m00ns told me to. n_n
+

Feraligatr is a great sweeper imo with the right support and can easily wreck teams once they have been weakened or killed. Gatr is walled by bulky waters and grass especially Azu, Ferro, Keldeo and Rotom-W to name a few. Venusaur makes an excellent partner, outspeeding and OHKOing Rotom-W and Azu with Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb respectively after rocks. It also hits Keldeo and Ferro pretty hard, enough to where +1 Gatr can clean up. Threats to this core are faster mons in general, namely Bird Spam, Kyurem-Black and Latios to name a few. I feel this core would greatly appreciate some speed control in the form of T-Wave or Scarfers.

#WillBeGators (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Bruteroot (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 372-440 (96.8 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 242-288 (79.8 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 212-252 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 282-332 (87.3 - 102.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Manectric deals with birds that trouble Serperior and is a nice offensive pivot with not a lot of raw power but a lot of other great assets like intimidate and incredible high speed tier. Serperior on the other side can break past stally pokemon and deal with ground types. This core is also rather potent vs water so it should work with pokemon that arent that great against water

m00ns: post cores here plz: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...next-workshop-weekend-of-10-23.3549280/page-2

Last edited:
I would like to build around nasty plot thundurus because I feel there have been a lot of balanced teams on the ladder recently, and thundurus can threaten most walls at +2, here are some relevant calcs:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 290-342 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 259-306 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 204-240 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 386-456 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Here's the set
Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Some good team mates I can think of:
Heatran can be used as a spdef wall to set up rocks and whittle the lati twins etc. for thundurus. Alternatively you can use a magma storm set to get rid of pokemon like mega venusaur which wall thundurus even at +2.

Some kind of fast sweeper would be excellent to take advantage of the holes thundurus puts in the opponent's team, idk what though (maybe mega gyarados?).

Apologies for the poor layout idk how to import gifs and stuff lol.

So, I'm not exactly good at this game, but I have 3 mons I tend to use on all my teams cuz they all seem to work pretty well to me.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

So, I'm not sure how this works well, BUT! It does. I tend to be able to switch between these 3 mons without having to worry about hits or damage or whatnot. The only issue is when they are faced with someone who would crap on them, I have the other 3 mons of my team, whatever they may be, be the switch ins. Otherwise, this is my favorite core to use.

hi

sadly, everyone kinda got busy this weekend with unexpected stuff that came up, so we moved the workshop to next friday. on the bright side, this allows more time for posting cores n_n

sorry for any inconvenience :(

i completely forgot to post here due to being busy and other stuff, but the workshop will be in 3 hours in the OU workshop room on PS!. see the OP for instructions on how to join and stuff n_n

edit: also, i forgot to mention: due to things not working out the best last time, we've voted internally. sorry bout this... we just wanted to test it this way.

Last edited:
Hazard Stacking Core

+

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise / Fairy Lock

Basic hazard stacking core with good defensive synergy and a lot of room to add. EVs for Klefki are to 2hko M-Sableye with mixed defenses. Probably a bit late to post this, but I did anyways. Also, obviously not my core or sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)