Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Latios is a great Pokemon to put LO on. Fast with good SpA, it deals pretty good damage. From this, you can max out coverage. Dragon Pulse nearly took the spot of energy ball, but the extended coverage is more useful. Especially since E-ball can take Diance and Azumarill. With the recent rise in flying, the bolt/beam combination works out even better than before. Flying, ground, and water are free kills for Dash if you predict right. Recover allows you to predict around protectors and keep on hitting much more longer.

Buff (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

When I decided to Mega evolve Latias, I took the full CM set at the cost of cleric/screens Latias that I had used before. Pretty standard, dragon pulse and psyshock allow it to get around both physcial and special walls. If it already has +2, then Buff can wall air slash Togekiss unless you get really unlucky. +3 when Togekiss comes in, nearly definite. It doesn't deal with toxic well, but it is a good switch in for some will-o-wisps that you don't want hitting Old-Timer. Max HP and Defense make it pretty good as not only both a special wall/hitter, but pretty good at taking physical damage as well. Works as a very good wall, and a good counter to knock off as well.

Old-timer (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

While both band and DDance have their pros and cons, I find that DDance holds more potential. Lum berry stymies a lot of Pokemon who use status to shut you down, though when ever will-o-wisp or toxic miss as you use DDance with your berry uneaten, it feels pretty good. E-speed is esential, but the other two are more unusual. Instead of Outrage, Dragon claw gives better ability to switch between moves and Pokemon, and with a +3 or so, Dragon Claw is good enough. Fire punch would help bust through steel walls like Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn, but earthquake has much more use, dealing more powerful neutral damage more often, and doesn't contact. That is needed to stop rocky helmet/skin or other contact effects. Because this team doesn't carry defog, if rocks are up, Old-Timer's chances of being able to set up are much less. So in that case, he can be run for the e-speed usage or some set up scenarios. But most of the time, he runs best by setting up a few times, then laying waste to the opponent teams. I have swept with just 1 DDance before, but most of the time +2 or +3 works better. This is a useful rule to remember how many times you want to use DDance, and applies to most situations.
+2, no speed fears
+3, no fear.

Stomp (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Garchomp is a pretty good revenge killer when scarfed. I know I didn't run outrage on either Monster or Old-Timer, but using it on Stomp produces much better effects even with the turn lock in. Iron Head is your best defense against Gardevoir, Mega or scarfed. It also works very well against both scarfed and scarfed and air-slash Togekiss. Also helps against ice. Earthquake is useful for large STAB ground damage without turn locks, nice and simple. Fire blast helps take down the steel walls that could mess it up, namely Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. Normally I don't like sacrificing accuracy for more power, but in this case if you were to put more EVs into SpA to run Flamethrower, then it weakens its role as a physical attacker. Fire blast isn't there for flaming down opponents, it is for disrupting their switch-ins on you. If you really want to burn stuff, pull out Darkness for that.

Darkness (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Hydreigon has one issue that often comes up when deciding to play it; its speed maxed out falls just 2 points too slow. This has two possible solutions: one, scarf it, or two, don't care. Specs on Hydreigon with a modest nature turns it into a very hard hitting nightmare. It also acts as Dragon's best answer to Mega Sableye. While if Old-Timer or Buff are able to set up a bunch before it comes in, they might have a sure shot, this situation rarely occurs. Darkness just can come in on it though, and start blasting away. When battling a ghost team, just click dark pulse. Nothing can safely switch in on it, and a possible flinch before killing Mega Sableye is always fun. When against dark, just hit dragon pulse, and get massive damage dealt to anything in it's path. Those two STAB's are you main clicks, but flash cannon is a good answer to fairy or ice Pokemon coming to ruin the fun. Both it and flamethrower can hit hard even without being super effective. And Flamethrower helps destroy pesky wallers like Ferrothorn and Scizor. It actually is your best answer to the pair of them, not to mention a steel sweeper with Heatran taken care of. Best part is no matter what type you face, it has a move that will hit hard to at least half of the team. Just don't let it get hit by knock off.

Monster (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Bulky Kyurem. Doesn't seem like the best choice when you first think of it. But this set can actually do even more than a simple scarfed set. Substitute can wreck havoc with plans of the opponent, and is obviously a good way to tank damage while dealing it out in return. With this physical bulk, he can take some really good hits that scarfed would not survive. One of the best benefits is that even without sub, he survives rock blast from Cloyster that already used Shell Smash. And if it has to hit Icicle Spear, then it all works out even better. Dragon Claw over Outrage allows again for much more freedom of play. Even though you aren't setting up with DDance, Dragon Claw will deal enough damage. The Bolt/Beam combo is pretty normal, kills flying destroys everything else.

INSERT THREAT LIST HERE
Dash (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Buff (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

Old-timer (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Stomp (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Darkness (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Monster (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

scpinion

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, cool Dragon team. There's a couple of things I noticed though.

1) You have no stealth rock. sr is arguably the most important move for ANY team to have. I'd recommend changing scarf chomp to tank chomp.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Standard tankchomp set. Stealth rock because hazards are cool, eq/fblast for coverage and dragon tail to shuffle the team, cause more sr damage and bring out physical attackers which will commit suicide via attacking tankchomp. :)

2) Now that I have eliminated your scarfer, I'd change Kyub to the standard scarf set.

3) I prefer Psyshock > Recovery on Latios, that's just an opinion though. It adds more coverage, stab and lets you hit special walls. o3o

I like the RMT, and I agree with you that ddance dnite is a lot better than band. Nice team!

Thank you for your response! I will have to say I will not be taking your advice though, and this is for a few reasons.

1) Stealth Rock. This move is rather common and considered essential in the game. However, when playing this team on the ladder I found I really didn't need it. While it would be useful, plenty of teams have removers, so it wastes the set a bit.

2) Kyurem-B Scarf. First point, I find that the sub+leftovers set is more useful than scarf, at least on my team. Second point, it isn't fast enough. I scarfed Garchomp because there is not too uncommonly a need for greater speed than Kyurem gives, one being scarfed Gardevoir, not too uncommon, or at least on the teams I was facing.

3) Psyshock. A nice move, like you said. The STAB and wall evasion is always a nice ploy. However, without recover, I find that Latios will die incredibly fast. If you really want it, sacrificing energy ball is likely better than recover.

Thanks for your response, but this team got me really far just as it is.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
I gotta say, only two things wrong with this team.

1.lack of Defog, this puts dragonites uselfullness down a ton after rocks are up, and kyub doesn't appreciate them either, especially Without roost. I recommend changing latios to this set

Dash (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Recover/thunderbolt
2. Dragon claw on dragonite, run outrage with LUM. If u were running Weakness policy I'd say keep dragon claw, but Lum lets U abuse the outrage and it hits so much harder getting 2hloes dclaw misses like on mandi and slowbro and Pory2. Try it at least man and hope my suggestions help!

I do realize defog isn't on the team, but I found that the team works out still well enough. Dragonite does become less useful, but it doesn't become useless. Kyu-B doesn't like it either, that is true. However, with leftovers and sub, often he can wait it out and get back enough health, depending on what you are fighting. I will try those sets though, just to see. But it hasn't been hampered so far by rocks or D-Claw.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
I do realize defog isn't on the team, but I found that the team works out still well enough. Dragonite does become less useful, but it doesn't become useless. Kyu-B doesn't like it either, that is true. However, with leftovers and sub, often he can wait it out and get back enough health, depending on what you are fighting. I will try those sets though, just to see. But it hasn't been hampered so far by rocks or D-Claw.
Tell me whether it works or not, xD

Alright, here are my suggestions.

Since you're thinking about running a tankChomp, you probably need a scarfer on your team, so I suggest a Scarf Kyu-B. You've said that it doesn't do good on our team, but it works fine. The thing hits pretty hard, and is damn good of a scarfer. Earth power/ Iron head > Substitute.

Another suggestion is that if you're not running a scarfed Hydreigon, Life Orb Hydreigon is probably the next best option. It hits near as hard, but you have the choice of different moves.

Tell me whether it works or not, xD
While nice, the suggestions don't really fit my style of play or the team. While it does add a nice flavor, I think the better move is to stay with what I got.
Pros:
More damage from Outrage and Draco, as well as Psyschock
Cons:
Much less maneuverability and loses advantages against steel, water, ground, and flying.

While Defog was a nice touch, it didn't find much use. And I find it lacking in the necessity of changing the set for Latios. But thanks for the suggestions!

Alright, here are my suggestions.

Since you're thinking about running a tankChomp, you probably need a scarfer on your team, so I suggest a Scarf Kyu-B. You've said that it doesn't do good on our team, but it works fine. The thing hits pretty hard, and is damn good of a scarfer. Earth power/ Iron head > Substitute.

Another suggestion is that if you're not running a scarfed Hydreigon, Life Orb Hydreigon is probably the next best option. It hits near as hard, but you have the choice of different moves.
Not thinking of running a tankChomp. Kyu-B can run as a form of tank on it's own, and Stomp fits better as a scarf.

I used to run LO Hydreigon, but wasn't fast enough or hit hard enough. And changing between moves wasn't good enough to offset getting walled too much. Specs fixes that problem nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)