Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Going after level 150 for latias and about to reach level 100 giratina on mobile.
Despite these escalatino battles being such life suckers I enjoy them a lot as long as they aren't stupidly unfair.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright finally done with Giratina and got my last mega candy. Also decided to throw in the mega start I got at the start of the run against Keldeo and finally caught the pony, also managed to catch both Venusaur and Dragonite from the expert stages so I have a lot of new pokemon to train and coins to gather before the stages post milotic arrive.

Sitting at level 191. Compared to previous Escalation battles, the coin requirements for Latias have been very tame. By the time I hit 200, I don't think I'll have spent any more than 40k coins total for four speedups (for reference, I spent about 80k on Giratina for 2 speedups, 170k for 4 on Cresselia, and about 90k for four on Darkrai). As far as the boss levels go, 50 and 70 can be done itemless (no more than a Moves+5 is needed if you're struggling), anything you did on level 70 can be replicated on level 100 with a simple Attack Up. You should only need Complexity and DD for 150 (Moves+5 can make you feel more secure but is not necessary), and while 200 isn't much more health than 150, you may as well go all out for that.

I am never battling Spewpa ever again! I had to spend at least 10,000 coins and 3 jewels in total before I beat and captured what should be an easy stage, but is ridiculously difficult.

And to quote Rusty after he caught Ghost Grandpa Krispin: "I am never going to use this!"

Maybe I'll use him after he evolves though.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Everytime when I meet a Mega, I want to give up.
I had always need to purchase disruption delay and 5+ moves for every single Mega. I'm that bad.

But I don't want to pay real cash for this game.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I am never battling Spewpa ever again! I had to spend at least 10,000 coins and 3 jewels in total before I beat and captured what should be an easy stage, but is ridiculously difficult.

And to quote Rusty after he caught Ghost Grandpa Krispin: "I am never going to use this!"

Maybe I'll use him after he evolves though.
You know you only really needed to bring M-Gengar + Scatterbug to that stage and you could win it even without doing any mvoes at all.

You know you only really needed to bring M-Gengar + Scatterbug to that stage and you could win it even without doing any mvoes at all.
Aaggh!!! Too late, I S-Ranked the bastard and all! I just wasted a whole bunch of coins and diamonds in the process though!!!

Did you have to spend on items or re-try too many times any of the stages between 151-199?
I underestimated the boss stages frequently and had to retry them, yeah. Stages 176 and up are where you need +5 and eventually AP+.

I actually got bad luck on stage 200 and lost a fucking all items run, holy shit.

I just hit 150 and I plan to stop there. Goomy gets added, Latias spams disruptions, and has an absurd amount of HP. I'm going all items to clean this thing out, and stopping with those 3 Mega Speed ups.

Update: New events landed. Palkia and Mega Absol Competition.

Mega Absol: Riolu added as a complexity, disruption involves freezing the entire bottom half of the board. Lucario ideal to clear barrier.

Palkia: Won't perform a disruption until you fail to make a 4 combo move. After that, goes on a 2 countdown. Disruptions include Freezing the top row, and generating 1-4 scattered Rocks.

Recommend Gengar since it'll be the best to keep a combo going to avoid disruptions. Shaymin also helps if you can proc Sleep Charm. Otherwise, Disruption Delay trivializes the level.

DD + Attack Power with a Gengar + Optimize team won me with 17 moves left.

8 + 2*Moves for a catch rate.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New for this week: Absolite competition, Dialga returns, and Palkia shows up (Base 80 Water-type with Barrier Bash+).

Got ~27k on my first serious attempt at Absolite which I am not too happy about so I might make another full items run later since odds are it will not hold in the top 12,000 (Used Heracross/Scizor/Diancie/Volcarona since I do not have things like Xerneas and Genesect yet). Also the Ditto hackers are at it again in EU even though there is only one in the top 5 atm with a score of ~120k though I could be wrong with the score at the moment. Not that we should be too concerned since they can simply relegate that score. No idea what Mega Absol has yet but I am hoping it does not have a sucky ability.

Dialga stage is pure evil with barrier'd metal blocks on the top row at the start, going to need some firepower to win that stage. Palkia is not as bad at least but has a lot of HP and if you are unlucky, its top row freeze disruption can force a reset really quickly which is what happened to me once. Have not caught either yet.

Reactions: JES
I just hit 150 and I plan to stop there. Goomy gets added, Latias spams disruptions, and has an absurd amount of HP. I'm going all items to clean this thing out, and stopping with those 3 Mega Speed ups.

Update: New events landed. Palkia and Mega Absol Competition.

Mega Absol: Riolu added as a complexity, disruption involves freezing the entire bottom half of the board. Lucario ideal to clear barrier.

Palkia: Won't perform a disruption until you fail to make a 4 combo move. After that, goes on a 2 countdown. Disruptions include Freezing the top row, and generating 1-4 scattered Rocks.

Recommend Gengar since it'll be the best to keep a combo going to avoid disruptions. Shaymin also helps if you can proc Sleep Charm. Otherwise, Disruption Delay trivializes the level.

DD + Attack Power with a Gengar + Optimize team won me with 17 moves left.

8 + 2*Moves for a catch rate.
I think if I don't make the instructions first then someone else will but the way the Palkia stage is set up there is a set of moves that each move will get you at least a combo of 4. I already know the first 2 moves to make just from trial and error on 3 tries. This is truly a puzzle level as there is a set way to beat the level just using math or something.

Edit If we should use Mega Lucario on Mega absol then should we use a Pixilate team with it or no?

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I beat Palkia using Mega Gengar and getting lucky with shaymin's sleep charm so I avoided most of the disruptions. The good thing is that even if your board is reset back you get to do the predermined combos again.

We already have confirmation of Mega Absol's ability from Serebii.
Erases diagonal Pokémon from upper-right to lower-left corner.
Sooo, it's a dark Mega Mawile, interesting.

Caught The Water Dragon Pokemon. I used some items.

Absol will be interesting. But we already have too much Dark Ghost mega pokemon

We already have confirmation of Mega Absol's ability from Serebii.
Erases diagonal Pokémon from upper-right to lower-left corner.
Sooo, it's a dark Mega Mawile, interesting.
The pastebin weaves a much sadder tale about Absol's ability:

From Pastebin said:
  1. StageDataEvent #157/11. (1.2.19)
  2. --Pokémon data--
  3. Mega Absol, Dark, Base 60, Dex #33
  4. Ability: Erases all Pokémon within one space of the match.
  5. Mega-Bar: 30 icons, 3 speedups available.
30 icons, with only a hope for reaching 27. Audino at least had the benefit of not taking long to evolve for Double Normal teams. In Absol's case, there are at least two better, faster choices for Sinister Power teams.

I underestimated the boss stages frequently and had to retry them, yeah. Stages 176 and up are where you need +5 and eventually AP+.

I actually got bad luck on stage 200 and lost a fucking all items run, holy shit.
You don't need AP+ for anything except 100, 150 and 200. I did 151-197 itemless with only two or three failures the entire time. I used Moves+5 on 198 and 199 because I failed twice on 198 with a sliver of health. It's still possible to do those last two stages itemless, but I had no desire to have to reattempt 4 or 5 times per each of them. All in all, for this event I spent 37k, and the majority of that came from 150 and 200.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)