Calling all artists! Facebook needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am not an approved artist, but if I may, can I try my take on Celebi for December 14th? Already done a quick sketch on paper. Final product shall be done digitally.
Hello! I'm the guy who approves artists. Your sketch seems nice, but if you wanna put my mind at ease, feel free to PM me a couple of completed works of yours so that I can see how experienced you are, or just set up an art thread in this very studio.

Edit: Looking through your smogon post history, I like what I see, but the more examples the better.

Okay, so this question's been coming up a lot recently, but is the Ampharos PotW I have coming up focused on Ampharos in general or just the Mega? Asking primarily because I literally cannot find an Ampharos set on the Singles strategy dex that doesn't Mega Evolve.

Hello! I'm the guy who approves artists. Your sketch seems nice, but if you wanna put my mind at ease, feel free to PM me a couple of completed works of yours so that I can see how experienced you are, or just set up an art thread in this very studio.

Edit: Looking through your smogon post history, I like what I see, but the more examples the better.
I'll try to cook something up then. I never had the time back then to manage my artwork. Thank you :)

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Okay, so this question's been coming up a lot recently, but is the Ampharos PotW I have coming up focused on Ampharos in general or just the Mega? Asking primarily because I literally cannot find an Ampharos set on the Singles strategy dex that doesn't Mega Evolve.
Go with Mega Ampharos then.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I've updated the OP with new dates, and added a section for "filler PotWs", our backup in case something/someone falls through. Those are low priority, but we still need your help with them nonetheless.

Tagging aXl - your Azumarill has been moved up. Sorry for the short notice, but ideally, we need this by Saturday.

Also, lots of artwork has yet to be reserved, so I'll take this time to remind everyone that literally anywhere from ~50,000 to ~100,000 people see the artwork posted on Smogon's Facebook page. If that's not a fantastic way to plug your artwork and get your name out there, I don't know what is.

thinking you can get it done very soon aXl?
I'm trying to, but I'll be honest in saying that part of the reason I picked Azumarill was because it was about a month apart from Ampharos. College has been kindof hectic this week and hasn't left me with good time to art, but I'm still trying to put together something for Saturday. That said, if someone wants to throw together a contingency piece, it might not be a bad idea at this point.

Thinking I'll reserve Keldeo's filler art slot, since the original piece I had planned to work on in November got moved up.

Also updating the front page in light of the past page's reservations would probably be a good idea so people know what's still freed up.

Last edited:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I believe this is updated properly now. Deadlines should reflect the day prior to a scheduled release.

I've moved Volcarona and Mega Scizor up, as their writeups are complete and now only artwork is required. If you'd like to create something for Volcarona/Mega Scizor, please reserve them ASAP! Volcarona is scheduled to be released this coming Sunday, October 25th, so the art should be done by Saturday, October 24th at the latest. Thanks, guys! Keep up the fantastic work. :]

Here's what I got for the moment, antemortem, a lot of work left, but I should be done by tommorow night. The proper version is an appropriate size and not as blurry

Last edited:

antemortem

Socialization Head
that's fantastic SailorCosmos! fabulous work. :) i'll get everything ready for posting on Sunday.

now, if someone would reserve Mega Scizor for next Sunday, that would be awesome; the earlier it's taken, the longer the artist has to finish it :toast:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd say Volc's lower body is too long, SailorCosmos , as its fluffy top and exposed bottom should be about 50/50 of its entire body. The Perspective is also somewhat odd since the face and top body appears to be facing directly to the left, while the lower bottom is turned slightly turned more towards the viewer. The special effects are hella rad though, but if there's still time, see if you can give its bottom another check.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Looks cool, be wary of making its teeth on its claws too much alike regular teeth, since Mega Scizor's jaws are pretty rigid and sharp. Also give its right leg another check, seems weird for that leg to reach further down despite being slightly further away and having its hip higher up as well, but it might just be me not accomodating for how its left leg isn't hanging straight down. Also remember that its knee/leg joint or between the gray thigh and red foreleg, so try to avoid bending the leg parts more than necessary. Other than that, cool pose, looking forward to seeing it colored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)